• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazis felt loved by Trump's statement on Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Trump's statement on the white supremacist terrorism in Charlottesville where one person was murdered and several others injured by James Alex Fields, Jr (21 years old btw, just in case you still naively believe bigotry will die out with the older generation):

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time."

And here is how Nazis/white supremacists/white nationalists/alt-right reacted:
https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/896492127911149568
DHD61dKUwAAOOak.jpg

They loved it that the Nazis and white supremacists weren't condemned.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/neo-nazis-celebrate-trumps-remarks-about-charlottesville-riots-2017-8
Several prominent white nationalists and neo-Nazis, however, praised Trump's comments.

The founder of the Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi and white supremacist website that considers itself a part of the alt-right, celebrated the fact that Trump "outright refused to disavow" the white nationalist rally and movement.

"People saying he cucked are shills and kikes," wrote the founder, Andrew Anglin. "He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room."

When Trump tweeted earlier on Saturday that "we ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for," white nationalist Richard Spencer replied: "Did Trump just denounce antifa?"

Antifa is short for antifascist organizations. 

"Clearly President Trump is condemning the real haters: the SJW/Marxists who've attacked our guys,"  said one  commenters on the far-right, pro-Trump subreddit called r/The_Donald.

"Marxist" and "SJW," or social justice warrior, are terms frequently used by the far-right to describe liberals. 

"So glad GEOTUS called this bulls--t out for what it really is," said another commenter, using an acronym to refer to Trump that stands for "God Emperor of the United States.'"
"Trump comments were good," said another Daily Stormer commenter. "He didn't attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate... on both sides! So he implied the antifa are haters."

The commenter continued: "There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all. He said he loves us all. Also refused to answer a question about white nationalists supporting him. No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him."

A commenter on the white nationalist website Stormfront, which describes itself as "the voice of the new, embattled White minority," wrote that "some republicans want Trump to single out White Nationalists and put the blame on them for the violence of Antifa/blm."

"Trump rejected that notion and talked about violence 'from many sides,'" another Stormfront commenter replied.​
So, this is what happens when the President doesn't denounce white supremacist terrorism. They're emboldened further.

linkboy

Of course they did, that's what it was designed to so.

Placate the general population, but not piss off his Nazi base.

Future

Of course. This is why Clinton called the supporters deplorables. Because a lot of them are, and trump embraces that to get the upper hand. Kinda like expecting obama to get some of the black vote by default, trump gets the nazi vote by default

And he is cool with it. In fact, encourages it and reminds everyone of it

Meanwhile, media lets it go

True story: last year, I planned to live in America for a couple of years to try some luck. After Trump won, I gave the idea some rest so I could see how things would develope. After all I've seen this last couple months, I'm never putting a foot on America for at least half a decade. Shit like this scares me so much. I can't believe being a Nazi is now acceptable, gee.

and yet they still find room for twitter tantrums:

david duke said:
I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.

True story: last year, I planned to live in America for a couple of years to try some luck. After Trump won, I gave the idea some rest so I could see how things would develope. After all I've seen this last couple months, I'm never putting a foot on America for at least half a decade. Shit like this scares me so much. I can't believe being a Nazi is now acceptable, gee.
Don't blame you

VeeP

Of course. This is why Clinton called the supporters deplorables. Because a lot of them are, and trump embraces that to get the upper hand. Kinda like expecting obama to get some of the black vote by default, trump gets the nazi vote by default

It's amazing how the media lets this type of shit go.

Of course Trump encourages Nazi support. In fact today's demonstration was the perfect representation of Sessions, Miller and Bannon's views of the world. Let's not forget the amount of times Trump has 'accidentally' retweeted KKK and Nazi support or forgotten little details like Jews being the main victims of genocide during the Holocaust. Reading this article..... I legitimately feel like a different species from those people. I can't understand how anyone could actually think like this......

Kevtones

It's all about loyalty with Trump. His brain processes loyalty like a currency more valuable than USD. The Nazis relished him today.

watershed

Banned
Trump knows his people. And David Duke basically told Trump not to say another goddamn word and definitely not to talk bad about White Americans.

Dukey boy was a bit disappointed, though.
david_duke_charlottesville_by_digi_matrix-dbjvi4x.png

If you're right-wing and even think of blaming the Nazis/alt-right/white supremacists, oh no.
david_duke_charlottesville_2_by_digi_matrix-dbjvi50.png

Of course Trump encourages Nazi support. In fact today's demonstration was the perfect representation of Sessions, Miller and Bannon's views of the world. Let's not forget the amount of times Trump has 'accidentally' retweeted KKK and Nazi support or forgotten little details like Jews being the main victims of genocide during the Holocaust. Reading this article..... I legitimately feel like a different species from those people. I can't understand how anyone could actually think like this......

I actually did forget about Trump retweeting literally neo nazi propaganda... Man, the world we live in. And how do you forget that Jewish people were the main victims of the Holocaust. Fuck man...

Trump is so blatant with who his gang is and the nazis don't feel the need to hide it either but I'm supposed to pretend good ol Trump supporters just felt economically anxious yet identified with the Manhattan tycoon with a gold toilet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You could poll Trump supporters right now and I bet 75% or more would defend the terrorist and say he was defending himself against the evil liberals. This isn't a tragedy for them. This is one of their own doing the good work.

L Thammy

.... I know he's a racist shitfuck, but does he not understand that Trump didn't say anything about White America?

Racists are such snowflakes.

Well, these people keep saying that they're just another opinion and they should be there so there's ideological diversity. Maybe "many sides" is still too close to including them.

Bannon, whispering in his ear, knowing the dumb fuck will believe anything Iago his advisers tell him.

Let's not give him the protection of being dumb. His favourite president is Andrew Jackson. He kept Hitler's speeches beside his bed. He posts images of his enemies with the Star of David edited into them. He isn't controlled by Bannon, he seeks these kinds of people out.

Nokterian

Anyone surprised? Not me, trump has nazi's in his administration..he is a white nationalist himself a bigot,racist, narcissistic asshole.

I actually did forget about Trump retweeting literally neo nazi propaganda... Man, the world we live in. And how do you forget that Jewish people were the main victims of the Holocaust. Fuck man...

Trump is so blatant with who his gang is and the nazis don't feel the need to hide it either but I'm supposed to pretend good ol Trump supporters just felt economically anxious yet identified with the Manhattan tycoon with a gold toilet.
I believe it was Spicer who named numerous groups of people that were targeted in the Holocaust but left out Jews. In his apology or explanation, he made it even worse by trying to downplay how bad people had it in the Death Camps. I may be misremembering exactly how the events occurred but I do recall his administration not saying anything about Jews and trying to downplay concentration camps as if they weren't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom