• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazis felt loved by Trump's statement on Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some reason why Nazis are free to spread hate and literally the message of a regime that Americans and their allies lost millions of lives fighting to get rid of?

I mean, I'm sure if ISIS sympathisers wanted to do marches up and down the roads wearing military gear and assault rifles, mowing down opposing marches, beating opposition protesters with large sticks and bats, there might be some kind of national and international reaction?

Is there something about the KKK and Nazis stopping America from taking the normal steps to deal with terrorist organisations?

Is there some reason why Nazis are free to spread hate and literally the message of a regime that Americans and their allies lost millions of lives fighting to get rid of?

I mean, I'm sure if ISIS sympathisers wanted to do marches up and down the roads wearing military gear and assault rifles, mowing down opposing marches, beating opposition protesters with large sticks and bats, there might be some kind of national and international reaction?

Is there something about the KKK and Nazis stopping America from taking the normal steps to deal with terrorist organisations?

One of their supporters runs the country perhaps?

I never thought I would ever witness this shit in America.

Fuck Trump and every last one of his supporters that still stands by him after this.

True story: last year, I planned to live in America for a couple of years to try some luck. After Trump won, I gave the idea some rest so I could see how things would develope. After all I've seen this last couple months, I'm never putting a foot on America for at least half a decade. Shit like this scares me so much. I can't believe being a Nazi is now acceptable, gee.

This happened at a protest rally and is in no way shape or form normal for anything that happens in the country on a day to day basis. i wouldn't recommend anyone ever go to any sort of rally/protest such as this for this exact same reason, no matter what colour you are, there is just nothing to be gained from shouting things over and over like a zombie. there are tons of ways to protest that don't involve large congregations of angry people.

elfinke

The head of the united states is a fascist, who surrounds himself by fascists, is supported by a majority party having no problem with fascism, and he enables fascist scum all over the country.

The USA is falling at an alarming pace. It's incredible to be a witness to it and difficult to comprehend. It's something that can only be processed as reading material in history books. My brain malfunctions trying to understand it as it's happening.

Yeah I've been saying that since the election. All through school and Uni we've had the opportunity to read and learn and about the downfall of empires and states - Aztecs, Greeks, Romans/Byzantine, Persian etc - but now we're living through one, in some fashion or another, in its own idiosyncratic ways

Where on the bang-----whimper scale is about the only question.

I'm optimistic to believe that good will win out eventually, but man, my and our friends in the US have some hard work ahead of them. Strength and solidarity with you all.

L Thammy

As far as I know, America has particular trouble enacting hate speech laws because they come in conflict with the first amendment. Much of Europe, Canada, and probably other countries that I can't think of off the top of my head have stronger limits in place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_v._Ohio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.A.V._v._City_of_St._Paul

Anyone, and I mean fucking one of you on here that voted for trump because of some bullshit reason you had against Hillary or the dems for not picking Bernie or some other third party/anti establishment bullshit is responsible for this hell you created for your fellow Americans. Let this be on your hands and hang over your heads.

You got a racist piece of garbage put into power that gives even bigger racists pieces of shit even more balls to go out and do some of the most vile shit possible to us minorities because of some crazy ideas of skin color.

this is exactly why Hillary lost btw, you should be pumping a candidate up instead of throwing more hate into the hatred fire. telling people 'don't do this' makes people want to spite you and is what got us where we are rn.

L Thammy

this is exactly why Hillary lost btw, you should be pumping a candidate up instead of throwing more hate into the hatred fire. telling people 'don't do this' makes people want to spite you and is what got us where we are rn.

Enough with the "[whatever upsets me] is why Trump won" routine. If you didn't want to support Hillary just to spite someone on the Internet even when you knew that Trump was the main opposition, then you're supporting the point in Apathy's post.

No, it isn't. I have no idea how you can look at the current situation and think those voters were anything but spite filled bigots to begin with.

moggio

Banned
This happened at a protest rally and is in no way shape or form normal for anything that happens in the country on a day to day basis. i wouldn't recommend anyone ever go to any sort of rally/protest such as this for this exact same reason, no matter what colour you are, there is just nothing to be gained from shouting things over and over like a zombie. there are tons of ways to protest that don't involve large congregations of angry people.

Mate, you're completely fucking wrong.

Love how the reasons for electing a white supremacist are always something other than "Y'know, I think the country might just be full of racists"

Mate, you're completely fucking wrong.

I'm wrong? the USA is an extremely safe place to live on the whole. this was an event that huge red flags that were obvious to anyone who attended it. an immigrant visiting the US like this guy was considering isn't likely to run into situations like this if they live here for a few years..

Yeah, and they don't do shit.

you don't end up dead or caught in crossfires, but to each his own.

Kaiterra

Banned

If someone's response to being accused of being adjacent to Nazism is to go "Well fuck you I'm just gonna be a Nazi!" they probably weren't so much on the fence as they tried to stay and shouldn't have their actions excused at all.

yF121dw3JegEozcByPwY8BHFBnUbRhyuAqKBljgHlKGY5USvDkgPWAtc5iU8GVk1ujNMsMuYXYSXk1i5QtKKU8wh8tBjsP6LF0Ny3hkqyXPXHw=w370-h208-nc

SLmA68y.gif

When the authorities are infested with the KKK and Nazis for so long, that should tell you why not much is done.

THE FBI HAS QUIETLY INVESTIGATED WHITE SUPREMACIST INFILTRATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

"Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses"

Edit:

^^^^^damn

We're not telling them not to do anything.

But if you voted in Hitler becaus he said he'll make you rich and prosperous despite his hate filled rhetoric, then I'm sorry, but fuck you.

If you don't mind the president of the USA promising to stamp on minorities for your personal benefit, then fuck you.

If me being pissed that you voted for the emboldening of Naziism because you were promised a richer life will only turn you into a Nazi, then fuck you.

If you're alright with my kid growing up seeing Nazi rhetoric and symbolism on the streets, the TV and in the fucking White House, then I'm sorry, but fuck you.

And if you think it's best to stay quiet about all the worst bigotry just because it's "only" indirect and "only" proxy support then.......

How the fuck is America a place where you can happily throw around empty phrases like "terrorist sympathiser" around, but you sure as shit better not call out any Nazi sympathisers......you know, in case they get upset at you calling them racist and decide to become even more racist just to stick it to they guy who dared assert that they may be racist.

Ishan

hillary lost due to her lack of charisma, anti enstablishment etc etc but she def got a boost from the anti trump vote.

moggio

Banned
I'm wrong? the USA is an extremely safe place to live on the whole. this was an event that huge red flags that were obvious to anyone who attended it. an immigrant visiting the US like this guy was considering isn't likely to run into situations like this if they live here for a few years..

It's okay, mate. I checked your post history and you're a Trump/white-supremacist apologist on here. I thought your name rang a bell.

So please get fucked, thanks.

What do you think protesting is about? It's certainly not about having calm discussions with Nazis to convert them over.

I've been saying it for months now.
The Nazi comparisons are completely valid.

A Nazi movement doesn't just consist out of the extremists who resort to violence, but also out of the non-violent, silent bystanders who wouldn't resort to violence but generally agree with the underlying ideology: Nationalism.

People don't need to make the nazi salute or carry Swastika flags to be nazis.
If thats your standard for what makes someone a Nazi you'll only realize what direction things are going when its already too late.

Nazism is an ideology and the defining trait of it is ultra Nationalism. Trumps rhetoric has been nationalist through and through and his tactics of attacking the press, separation of power and the democratic process are right out of the Nazis playbook.

My local news covered this this morning at least. Saying he was partial to the Nazis by not singling them out and saying "all sides".

It's okay, mate. I checked your post history and you're a Trump/white-supremacist apologist on here. I thought your name rang a bell.

So please get fucked, thanks.

i didn't vote for trump, so way to completely avoid having a civilized discussion.

the USA is a fantastic place for an educated immigrant to spend a few years, fearing living here because of some outlying protests that went awful is irrational.

Apathy

What? Like it or not the US is a two party system and no it's not changing and if anyone believes that I got a bridge to sell them. This pure in the sky belief that "this election is different" and "the third party candidate will totally come out of nowhere" is nonsense. Those votes are thrown away or in worse situations actively hurt the dems more than the Republicans.

So when election days roll around and your two candidates are well known racist vs not prefect lady who isn't a racist, and someone actively votes for the racists because he's anti establishment or votes for a third party berceuse the dems didn't pick his/her candidate of choice, yes everyone affected by their choice can be angry because of it.

moggio

Banned
i didn't vote for trump, so way to completely avoid having a civilized discussion.

For someone who didn't vote for Trump you spend an awful lot of time hand-waving him and his Nazi mates.

So I'm going to assume you're sympathetic to their cause, sorry.

Edit:

^^^^^damn

We're not telling them not to do anything.

But if you voted in Hitler becaus he said he'll make you rich and prosperous despite his hate filled rhetoric, then I'm sorry, but fuck you.

If you don't mind the president of the USA promising to stamp on minorities for your personal benefit, then fuck you.

If me being pissed that you voted for the emboldening of Naziism because you were promised a richer life will only turn you into a Nazi, then fuck you.

If you're alright with my kid growing up seeing Nazi rhetoric and symbolism on the streets, the TV and in the fucking White House, then I'm sorry, but fuck you.

And if you think it's best to stay quiet about all the worst bigotry just because it's "only" indirect and "only" proxy support then.......

I'm less concerned--now--with the cretins (all of them, Katy) who voted for Trump. I'm far more concerned with the marginally less crass, idiotic Trump that the modern GOP will foist upon us in the coming decades.

CLEAR.AND.PRESENT.DANGER

Jombie

The White House is filled fascist nazi assholes, what did anyone expect: empathy, compassion, understanding? Complete evil resides in all branches of government.

The US fought the Nazis back in the day. Why have things changed so much?

Germany went from a progressive, relatively liberal democracy to Nazi Germany over the course of a couple of years.
Extremism is a fast growing cancer.

This video on Hitlers rise to power is pretty chilling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFICRFKtAc4
To see how little support the hateful rhetoric actually had in the beginning, how gravely it was underestimated by everyone, and how swiftly it grabbed and held onto power once the opportunity was there.

Just replace the fear of a communist revolution in 1920s Germany with the fear of mass muslim immigration thats widespread in the US today and similarities become blatantly obvious.

Rupetta

Such as "upvoting" and "voting with your dollars"? Right...

this is exactly how you need to react when facing white supremacists, this has been proven by history unfortunately...

You truly believe she was destined to die...

For someone who didn't vote for Trump you spend an awful lot of time hand-waving him and his Nazi mates.

So I'm going to assume you're sympathetic to their cause, sorry.

I'm not quite sure how explaining that spite voting is a very serious issue and that throwing fire into flames doesn't help anybody equates with hand waving.....nor how explaining that immigrants who do their due diligence should have no fears about coming to the US because of stories like this but, you are clearly not capable of discussing things and are blinded by your hate, so enjoy your assumptions.

moggio

Banned
I'm not quite sure how explaining that spite voting is a very serious issue and that throwing fire into flames doesn't help anybody equates with hand waving.....nor how explaining that immigrants who do their due diligence should have no fears about coming to the US because of stories like this but, you are clearly not capable of discussing things and are blinded by your hate, so enjoy your assumptions.

Please don't play the victim card. Your post history on these issues speak for themselves, mate.

After yesterday's events, now is no longer the time to be diplomatic.

#youreanazisympathiser

Wanted to have some input on the Charlottesville activity and everything surrounding it but it just makes me so goddamn angry I can't think about anything other than the fact my mother and sister voted for this piece of shit and that makes me even angrier. God fucking dammit.

Absolute bullshit.

quite the counterpoint. so you're saying someone who is intrigued by living in the US for a few years, perhaps going to school here....should stay at home and not do it? or choose to live abroad elsewhere? Please tell me of a country that is better for an immigrant to live in for a few years than the USA.

What I find funny is that Nazis hated the slavs to hell and both the State and the Wehrmacht wanted to erase them all (the whole Soviet Union and Poland). They are white. There's not a single logic of being a neo-nazi if the main hate was against the slavs and jews, that are white people.

Those peoples are idiots. This is 2017. What the fuck. Who gives a shit about someone color skin.

Next what, book burning? Can they even read?

What? Like it or not the US is a two party system and no it's not changing and if anyone believes that I got a bridge to sell them. This pure in the sky belief that "this election is different" and "the third party candidate will totally come out of nowhere" is nonsense. Those votes are thrown away or in worse situations actively hurt the dems more than the Republicans.

So when election days roll around and your two candidates are well known racist vs not prefect lady who isn't a racist, and someone actively votes for the racists because he's anti establishment or votes for a third party berceuse the dems didn't pick his/her candidate of choice, yes everyone affected by their choice can be angry because of it.

This is exactly why I'll never understand anyone who didn't vote for Hillary "out of spite" or because you "couldn't trust her". In a two party system like in the US, I feel like you have a certain responsibility if the opposition is a candidate like Donald Trump. Because after everything he's said and done, I simply cannot understand why someone would even take the slightest chance to let his presidency happen, even if your favorite candidate wasn't nominated or if you thought she wasn't trustworthy. It just doesn't make any sense at all in my stupid little liberal cuck brain.

RinsFury

Anyone, and I mean fucking one of you on here that voted for trump because of some bullshit reason you had against Hillary or the dems for not picking Bernie or some other third party/anti establishment bullshit is responsible for this hell you created for your fellow Americans. Let this be on your hands and hang over your heads.

You got a racist piece of garbage put into power that gives even bigger racists pieces of shit even more balls to go out and do some of the most vile shit possible to us minorities because of some crazy ideas of skin color.

Anyone that voted for Trump is hateful scum, pure and simple. Disgusting racist trash that decided to throw in their lot with the torch waving nazis. Fuck every single person that made this happen, this blood is on their hands.

quite the counterpoint. so you're saying someone who is intrigued by living in the US for a few years, perhaps going to school here....should stay at home and not do it? or choose to live abroad elsewhere? Please tell me of a country that is better for an immigrant to live in for a few years than the USA.
Plenty of European countries, although hate crimes are rising even there but not to the levels of USA. At least a country that doesn't have 300 million guns in possession by citizens and racist police who aren't afraid to use it on any non-whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom