• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nazis felt loved by Trump's statement on Charlottesville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that i'm expecting anything intelligent from the WH but get who ever said that on camera and make them explain how the group of people was more violent then the car that hit them.

What 'witches'? The very real rise in Nazism? The growing trend in hate-speech enablers? What positiveness do you suggest? Because unless it is something breathtakingly genius it will only equate to 'burying our heads in the sand' to the problems growing around us.

Remind me of a single case in human history where ignoring this kind of hate and bigotry got a society out of a problem.

the 'witch hunt' was referring to someone who went through months of my posts to make it sound like I voted for trump, support racism or homophobia. it had nothing to do with the topic dude. the positivity I suggest is to stop hating one another and let everyone live in peace. rather than telling people on neogaf that the US is a bad country to spend a few years abroad in. it's a great place overall. no immigrant should be scared of a cop.

RPGCrazied

And that is why he said it the way that he did. These people make up a good portion of his base. He goes to hard on them, he loses them and his political future is over.

the 'witch hunt' was referring to someone who went through months of my posts to make it sound like I voted for trump, support racism or homophobia. it had nothing to do with the topic dude. the positivity I suggest is to stop hating one another and let everyone live in peace. rather than telling people on neogaf that the US is a bad country to spend a few years abroad in. it's a great place overall. no immigrant should be scared of a cop.

Jesus Christ you're telling people who want to stop evil to leave the evil people alone. You're pathetic.

III-V

'Oh the complacency!'

This is why nothing gets fucking done about white supremacists and literal fucking Nazis walking down the streets of America.

Are you fucking serious!

chaosyn

Yeah, stop hating on fascists and white supremacists guys, let them live in peace!

RRockman

Banned

Sorry man, I think you're too naive about this.

That's you projecting, no one was saying you were homophobic or whatever, just you giving Trump the benefit of the doubt was a bit suspect. Why shouldn't non-whites be scared of American cops? When racist cops kill black people, most of them don't get jailed. There's institutional racism within the police, and they'll protect their own. Good cops don't last long and are told to shut up when speaking of corruption and other injustices inside. When it's left to minorities having to out injustices within cops rather than coming from the good cops, you know it's not just a case of most cops being good and only a few rotten apples being reported in the news.

Your patriotism is blinding you to the facts.

shiba5

I guess those fawning statements will make it into the morning edition of Babby's Ego-Folder. He will feel so proud of himself. "Look, they called me God Emperor!"

Zakalwe

Banned
Yep, this is the exact reaction I knew would happen as soon as he wrote his statement. Said the very thing on facebook.

The nazis will see this as acceptance, and they have, and Trump knows exactly what he's doing.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The worst thing is that I'm sure Trump isn't some over racist. He only cares about himself and being president. He would support or accept support from literally anyone to maintain that.
The guy was sued by the government decades ago for bigoted rental practices. Dude has a history of doing and saying racist things.

III-V

quite the counterpoint. so you're saying someone who is intrigued by living in the US for a few years, perhaps going to school here....should stay at home and not do it? or choose to live abroad elsewhere? Please tell me of a country that is better for an immigrant to live in for a few years than the USA.

Canada, New Zealand, and Australia for English speaking countries.

Throwing slow pitch softball here bud.

Some states are not even safe for brown folks

Oriel

I feel as if instead of the optimistic and hopeful future of Star Trek that we were promised we've somehow landed in the Mirror Universe instead. At least I'll get to sport a rad goatee without feeling like a fool.

People like you are honestly the reason this country is dying

The worst thing is that I'm sure Trump isn't some over racist. He only cares about himself and being president. He would support or accept support from literally anyone to maintain that.

Trump is racist. Hates black people. Has for decades. You don't even need to scratch the surface to find the proof.

When Obama got elected President it pushed him right over the edge.

I feel as if instead of the optimistic and hopeful future of Star Trek that we were promised we've somehow landed in the Mirror Universe instead. At least I'll get to sport a rad goatee without feeling like a fool.

Well do you remember how they got there?

I wouldn't say you were being outed as a racist or homophobic, more that your rationalisation of Trump and his administrations' actions have glaring errors to other people on here. The LGBT military part, wherein you said that before Trump put forwards a ban is evidence enough that your reasoning is at best naive, and at worst suspect, or even an unintentional projection of your own worries about what is happening in the US and parts of Europe over the past months and years. The fact you continuously double-down on protecting the good name of the US (as if a nation so large and powerful ever needed it's name defended) comes across as sycophantic, but not without any kind of acknowledgement that a problem is brewing within it. You said "it's a great place overall." That could be said about so many first world nations. But the fact you felt the need to add 'overall' tells me you aren't blind to the fact police brutality and inequality in the eyes of the law isn't a myth.

Why are you fighting this? Do you honestly think blindly praising a severely faulty system - a system with the potential to do great harm to the people of America, will accomplish anything? A system that is; lagging to deal with at best, complicit at worst, with the kinds of hateful, xenophobic, fascist-worshipping actions of groups like the alt-right and the Trump administration. Does being positive solve this?

I'll put it to you a second time: Remind me of a single case in human history where ignoring this kind of hate and bigotry got a society out of a problem.

it's a great place overall. no immigrant should be scared of a cop.

The problem you are having is that you feel safe and therefore think everyone should feel safe.

This incredible self-absorption, that somehow your experience in this country is more accurate that the millions of Americans who feel and fear otherwise, is your own undoing. This sheltered moderacy is selfish, naive, and will likely someday embarrass you.

People are dying in the streets. If you live in the wrong place, you are in danger. If you decide to take a stand, you do so with great risk. All the while, people like you insist that our anxiety is merely overstated and things aren't as bad as it seem.

Stand in front of a crowd of 19 people run over by a white nationalist and tell them they should feel comforted that this hardly ever happens. Tell them how great their country is. Remind them that this new era of violence and fear, the status quo for an ever-growing population of terror victims, shouldn't be getting them all in a twist.

Stop underestimating our enemies just because they're not at your door. I don't know anything about you, or your life, or what you've gone through, but you sound like every small-minded white teen who insists that all cops are heroes and America is the best country in the world just because something bad has never happened to them.

It's not all about you. Please do not downplay what is happening around you until it overtakes you.

He was busted for not renting to black people once and then caught doing it afterwards, was upset at having a black accountant working for him, demanded New York reinstate the death penalty to kill innocent minority teenagers, and was the public head of the racist movement claiming Obama isn't a citizen.

But of course he's not really a racist...

Zakalwe

Banned

Don't be absurd, the man is racist as hell.

He's also a misogynist, narcissist, and juvenile.

And he's the President of the USA.

That's you projecting, no one was saying you were homophobic or whatever, just you giving Trump the benefit of the doubt was a bit suspect. Why shouldn't non-whites be scared of American cops? When racist cops kill black people, most of them don't get jailed. There's institutional racism within the police, and they'll protect their own. Good cops don't last long and are told to shut up when speaking of corruption and other injustices inside. When it's left to minorities having to out injustices within cops rather than coming from the good cops, you know it's not just a case of most cops being good and only a few rotten apples being reported in the news.

Your patriotism is blinding you to the facts.

I hear u, but all in all, I don't think a random guy who's contemplating spending a few years here is going to run into a situation where a cop mistakenly shoots him, or lets something illegal happen to him unpunished. as long as you're following the law, you're probably going to have a fine time in the USA no matter what colour you are.

Canada, New Zealand, and Australia are great I'm sure, but I'd argue the diversity you'd encounter is greater here and worth the slight chance you'll run into a tragedy like this.

Kusagari

Literally the first thing Trump got national infamy for was being racist as hell in renting apartments to black people.

Oriel

Well do you remember how they got there?

Vulcan immigrants amirite?

I hear u, but all in all, I don't think a random guy who's contemplating spending a few years here is going to run into a situation where a cop mistakenly shoots him, or lets something illegal happen to him unpunished. as long as you're following the law, you're probably going to have a fine time in the USA no matter what colour you are.

Canada, New Zealand, and Australia are great I'm sure, but I'd argue the diversity you'd encounter is greater here and worth the slight chance you'll run into a tragedy like this.

The sister of a young Irishman killed by a policeman in the US, said today her family had doubts about the officer’s account of the shooting.

A US grand jury today ruled that the police officer acted correctly when he shot and killed an unarmed Irish man in Silverton, Oregon, whose family says was mentally ill.

Officer Tony Gonzalez fired at 20-year-old Andrew Hanlon seven times and hit him with five shots.

Melanie Heise said her brother had no history of violence and had never used a weapon in his life.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iri...r-who-shot-unarmed-irishman-1.826432?mode=amp

Zakalwe

Banned

This is about systemic oppression which is constant and forever if you're a poc.

Imagine being too afraid to call the police in a situation where you needed them because you might be shot. This happens often enough where poc live with this fear, regardless of what the stats say.

It doesn't matter that most poc won't experience these tragedies first hand. That these things happen so often affects them deeply, and your post is reductive of that.

III-V

And time after time, you have been proven incorrect. Time to wake up to the fact that America has a dangerous plague on its peoples, racism.

Remember when the Klan showed up to rallies? People just came for fried chicken and wore sheets to cover their faces and bodies. These new neo nazi monsters and white supremacists are not afraid for people to see their face - and why should they be. The president of the united states deliberately fails to denounce them.

......he literally wanted 8 black kids to get the death penalty. And still wanted that. And like someone said before, he had fucked up rental practices. I don't know how else to tell you Trump is racist as fuck. Oh wait I know, he got so mad a black man who is better than him in every way throw shade at him, he became president not only to prove him wrong, but to stamp out that black man's legacy. One fucked up law at a time.

CHC

No, I'm sure he is overtly racist.

A) His father was deeply racist and their brand has a history of undisguised, court-settled levels of discrimination. That is the environment he was born, raised, and trained in.

B) Racism is much bigger than cross-burning and slurs. He believes fundamentally in maintaining a system that is built squarely on white supremacy without even the slightest acknowledgement that centuries of oppression just might have disadvantaged minorities in today's climate.

C) He literally went as far out of his way as possible yesterday to absolve and excuse white protestors, labeling themselves as Nazis, from any kind of blame. That's not an accident. These are the people he only wishes he could support more openly, and as he becomes more comfortable in his position, probably will.

If you're looking to catch Trump in a Klan uniform, you probably won't, but there is pretty much no definition of "racist" that he doesn't (in several ways) adhere to.

RPGCrazied

David A. Clarke, Jr.‏Verified account
@SheriffClarke

Proud of @realDonaldTrump statement condemning violence in Charlottesville. Very Presidential. Didn't take sides like Obama in Ferguson riot

Yikes. This guy almost became director of Homeland Security. This guy is messed up.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I'm saddened and completely at a loss for words at the situation. Not in my wildest dream would I have imagine the potus supporting Nazis or that Nazis would have the audacity to do this so openly. What's worse is the tame reaction from friends and the media only indicates this will get worse. It's especially difficult to tell those that support violence that it isn't an answer and will only give validation to their opponents; when I see no solution forming or on the horizon.

I'm saddened and completely at a loss for words at the situation. Not in my wildest dream would I have imagine the potus supporting Nazis or that Nazis would have the audacity to do this so openly. What's worse is the tame reaction from friends only indicates this will get worse. It's especially difficult to tell those that support violence that it isn't an answer and will only give validation to their opponents; when I see no solution.

Time to invest in baseball bats

The only way to fight this with a government that outright supports them is to make them afraid to gather publicly.

pubmRum.png
wtf is wrong with her?

SoulUnison

Banned
Literally the first thing Trump got national infamy for was being racist as hell in renting apartments to black people.

I told a friend about this before the election and his response was: "I can understand why he'd do that - blacks lower property values."

I chalked it up as an off-color joke, but now I'm not sure.

Recently had a conversation with the same guy about some issues and he honestly considers the extreme right to be "equally toxic" as the far left. Apparently jingoistic xenophobia is the same as overzealous idealism because "compassion is toxic" and makes us "helpless children."

I'm so disappointed, and I don't know what to do beyond simply not interacting with this individual anymore after what I thought was a pretty good decade-long friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom