• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2004 PreSeason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

MIAMI DEFEATS HOUSTON
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNmdsNnA1BF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0bg--

truman.gif

WHOOPS! :lol
Rockets 1-0! WOOO! TMAAAC

Cloudy

Banned
OMG Shaq, teh savior of Miami can't beat the Rockets in pre-season. Kobe needed as usual. Riley am crying :D

bionic77

retardboy said:
If only Shaq would have gotten in shape 3 years ago maybe he'd have a couple more championships. Too bad.

:lol you know I have not seen a single sports reporter pick up this. I mean why did it take a feud with Kobe and leaving the team for him to get into shape? Eh, I wish the big fella well, he helped bring 3 rings to LA, but why is everyone acting like Shaq is the greatest player to ever play the game and giving him 100% of the credit for those rings?

Cloudy

Banned
"I think they're going to be the best team in the West," O'Neal said, "because they have a nice strong, experienced starting guard, not just a good starting guard. They've got experience. Jim Jackson has been there before, T-Mac is probably the greatest guard in the West, (forward) Juwan (Howard), they've got (center Yao Ming), so they've got a pretty good team."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2004/10/11/a3b_heatnotes_1011.html

Please STFU, Shaq :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Shaq is a brilliant man.

KAZZAM!

bionic77 said:
:lol you know I have not seen a single sports reporter pick up this. I mean why did it take a feud with Kobe and leaving the team for him to get into shape? Eh, I wish the big fella well, he helped bring 3 rings to LA, but why is everyone acting like Shaq is the greatest player to ever play the game and giving him 100% of the credit for those rings?

Word. It reminds me of that Chris Rock sketch. "I take care of my kids!" WHy everyone wants to give Shaq all this praise and credit for getting into shape...HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN SHAPE! THE MAN IS GETTING PAID $30 million A YEAR TO PLAY BASKETBALL! GET YOUR FATASS IN SHAPE EVERY SEASON, NOT JUST WHEN YOU ARE PISSED OFF. Don't worry though, the Heat will learn next season when Shaq loses his motivation and goes back on the Krispy Kreme diet.

"I think they're going to be the best team in the West," O'Neal said, "because they have a nice strong, experienced starting guard, not just a good starting guard. They've got experience. Jim Jackson has been there before, T-Mac is probably the greatest guard in the West, (forward) Juwan (Howard), they've got (center Yao Ming), so they've got a pretty good team

:lol he fucking HATES kobe's guts, and all he can muster is a "probably the best guard" for Tmac? :lol Translated from Shaq-speak, that means "Kobe is far and away the best guard in the NBA"

bionic77

I also find it funny how most Laker fans have also started to hate Shaq. I understand that from the Kobephiles, but Shaq will always be one of my fav players for the rings he helped deliver. It will take me some time to get used to this new team, hopefully they are going to give us some more Laker Miracles this year. :D

Miguel

bionic77 said:
I also find it funny how most Laker fans have also started to hate Shaq. I understand that from the Kobephiles, but Shaq will always be one of my fav players for the rings he helped deliver. It will take me some time to get used to this new team, hopefully they are going to give us some more Laker Miracles this year. :D

That's where most of the Shaq hate comes from.

Takuan

I can't believe Yahoo still hasn't fixed that headline.

And T-Mac IS probably the greatest guard in the west. We'll see how it goes this season, though.

i don't hate Shaq. I hope he can reconcile somewhat with Laker management and have his number hanging in the rafters of Staples where it belongs. But i won't deny that im bitter that all of a sudden he's getting into great shape for Miami. Where was that Shaq the last 3 seasons? IMO thats a slap in the face to Laker fans. Also, in the last year or so, Shaq has taken ZERO accountability for his mistakes and his part in the death of the dynasty. He's always so quick to take all the credit when things are going good, but when shit hits the fan, its everyone else's fault. And the media and other fans buy into this shit. Its Kobe's fault, or Mitch's fault, or Dr. Buss' fault. Yeah, it had nothing to do with Shaq constantly badmouthing those 3 guys publically, or not being in shape, or constantly being injured.

bionic77

Miguel said:
That's where most of the Shaq hate comes from.

Not all Laker fans are Kobephiles. Kobe has a shitload of pressure on him, if he doesn't come through with wins this year it is only going to get uglier because the fans will leave him.

uh, guys, ray allen is by far the best guard in the west. there is no dispute. let's end this petty argument right now, shall we?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HalfPastNoon said:
uh, guys, ray allen is by far the best guard in the west. there is no dispute. let's end this petty argument right now, shall we?

"Even I find what he said funny guys,this is some priceless shit"
09practice.jpg

Matrix

Its pretty easy to clown on ai..

Look I did it too...say cheese!

IversonAllen.jpg

bionic77

Takuan said:
I can't believe Yahoo still hasn't fixed that headline.

And T-Mac IS probably the greatest guard in the west. We'll see how it goes this season, though.

0-19 in the East. No easy way to explain that. Kobe is the best guard in the league, we will get to see how great of a player he is in a few more weeks.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am excited about Kings v Rockets in Shanghai and Bejing this week. Should be fun. though the rockets are going to bitch slap the kings who are -2 big men.

Miguel

scola said:
I am excited about Kings v Rockets in Shanghai and Bejing this week. Should be fun. though the rockets are going to bitch slap the kings who are -2 big men.

Hehe. GO ROCKETS!

DMczaf

T-Mac and Shaq haters are on the loose! I guess that's what happens when Kobe demands to be on a horrible team and wins :lol

bionic77

DMczaf said:
Hey, he has the civil case! He has a better shot at winning that then he does getting a .500 record :lol

Why set yourself up like that DM? Didn't you learn anything from 3-1 TMac?

DMczaf

Heat/Rockets highlights

http://kevin.wukongsun.com/download/20040109_232146.mpg

I was at the game. The Rockets clearly won the game. When the starters were playing the Rockets were leading by 9 in the 1st. After the first Jeff Van Gundy threw in the scrubs, and I mena scrubs. Maurice Taylor and Clarence Weatherspoon did not even play. Even in the 3rd when the Heat went back to their starters, JVG stayed with the scrubs, which allowed the Heat to get back in the game. I guess JVG is more concerned about who will make the cut.

Here is a list of things that impressed me:
-McGrady 3 ptr
-McGrady attacking the basket on assist from Yao
-J.Howards XIX.5 SE's (grey/red)

And the most impressive thing was Shaqs new physique . I swear dude must have lost 50+ pounds. They said he weighed in at an even 300. He was definately more agile than the Shaq of the previous couple of seasons. He was able to make more post moves and grab rebounds that he wouldnt have been able to make at his previous weight. But when it came to pushing Yao around, it clearly wasnt as easy as it used to be for "fat" Shaq. But I'd say the positives of his new weight will "out weigh" the negative (no pun intended). Yao is one of the few Centers in the league that he wont be able to just plow over anymore.

The Rockets are currently on a plane to China to play the Sacramento Kings Thursday at 7AM E on ESPN.

T-Mac + Yao = love :)

U687P6T12D1188863F44DT20041011114839.jpg
U687P6T12D1188864F44DT20041011114845.jpg

U329P6T12D1188327F44DT20041011093838.jpg

"Hey Shaq, is that midget what you lost during the offseason?"

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
imagine what coulda been kobe+shaq vs yao+tmac. Stern woulda wet himself. Instead we get kobe vs shaq on christmas

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
1_6-12-44-13_20031113181351.jpg

"SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!"
Vince: "It was Ninjascooter, behind the grassy knoll!"

:lol :lol :lol

Wait, why is Grant on the court?! He's not a Laker! Security!

Fifty

The Raptors have a secret weapon!!

timerlake_kidsball_200.jpg

Christ Bosh working on his ball posession skills

bosh_JTday_200.jpg

It's great to have a real NBA (pre) Season thread. I miss last year's great thread, and the tons of pics and captions we'd have posted. Man, I'm so pumped about this season......and I'm a Raptors fan!

ChumsGum

Banned
Just broke in the morning news, Phil Jackson will write a tell all book titled "Last Season." The book basically follows the former Laker coach through pre-pre-season through his last days as a Laker. I'll leave it to you guys to post the juicy excepts which I'm sure are already floating around the net.

I was reading this interview with Yuta Tabuse and came upon the wierdest quote from Tabuse:

Tabuse: I love Nash, so I’m really excited to play on the same team with him. I’m looking forward to face Boykins now that we’re on different teams. That’ll be my goal. And, I would like to face Shaq and actually “experience” his size.

I'd like to see the original Japanese...the translation makes it sound like he's more interested in making pr0n than hoops...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Even I'm excited to have Shaq somewhere other than the Lakeshow. I couldn't possibly be a bigger Laker hater.
No disrespect for Kobe's skills but as a person he is a loser. Not once have I read a comment from someone that knows him (teammate, coach, girl he ass-raped) that has been positive. Spoiled freakin brat. That's what he is.

As for Shaq. I wonder how happy he is gonna be when he realizes he is alone in Miami. Sure Wade and Jones are pretty good. But Wade isn't hasn't been tested yet and he is still going to make tons of mistakes this year. I wonder how patient the big Diesel is going to be with that.

I'm excited to see how well the Cavs do with their new team. They have a point guard now and Wagner is looking strong in camp. The Raptors could suck less this year than they have in a long time. Phoenix looks like they might be exciting to watch too.

There will be so many exciting games this year due to all the changes that happened this past offseason. Even if all the drama is from player playing against his old team. They will be able to run that angle at least until January. LoL.

Bring on the season already!!!

Cloudy

Banned
Shaq, Phil and some money-grubbing skank who all have their own agendas say bad about the guy and that makes him a loser? Do you see any other teammates bashing him? His high school coach bashing him? Any other random chicks bashing him?

The media really disgusts me. They're the ones who made the guy out to be a perfect angel in the first place. When all he did was keep out of trouble and do his dirt on the low like EVERYONE else but he was somehow better than the rest for it. Now they are trying to tear the guy down....well until the Lakers go on a winning streak then Kobe bashing won't be the cool thing anymore :lol

bionic77

Truelize said:
Even I'm excited to have Shaq somewhere other than the Lakeshow. I couldn't possibly be a bigger Laker hater.
No disrespect for Kobe's skills but as a person he is a loser. Not once have I read a comment from someone that knows him (teammate, coach, girl he ass-raped) that has been positive. Spoiled freakin brat. That's what he is.

As for Shaq. I wonder how happy he is gonna be when he realizes he is alone in Miami. Sure Wade and Jones are pretty good. But Wade isn't hasn't been tested yet and he is still going to make tons of mistakes this year. I wonder how patient the big Diesel is going to be with that.

I'm excited to see how well the Cavs do with their new team. They have a point guard now and Wagner is looking strong in camp. The Raptors could suck less this year than they have in a long time. Phoenix looks like they might be exciting to watch too.

There will be so many exciting games this year due to all the changes that happened this past offseason. Even if all the drama is from player playing against his old team. They will be able to run that angle at least until January. LoL.

Bring on the season already!!!

To be fair, find me a 2 guard that has played with Shaq that Shaq DIDN'T rip on. He never got along with Penny, Kobe, Eddie Jones, etc. Shaq always seems to have some beef with the shooting guards.

As for what kind of a person Kobe is? I could care less, I don't watch professional sports to see the nicest athletes in the world, I watch to see the best the world has to offer. There are very few athletes I actually admire as a person such as Ali, Pat Tillman, and Arther Ashe.

You were wondering how Shaq would react to losing? I will go out on a limb here and predict that both Shaq and Kobe would be huge bitches and whine if they lost and try and pull the T-Mac route.

ChumsGum said:
Just broke in the morning news, Phil Jackson will write a tell all book titled "Last Season." The book basically follows the former Laker coach through pre-pre-season through his last days as a Laker. I'll leave it to you guys to post the juicy excepts which I'm sure are already floating around the net.

It's already well known Phil Jackson was writing a book. He told the LA Times after the season ended that the book was pretty much finished but he still wanted to do some revisions before release, and to expect the release date sometime around the beginning of the new season.

Speaking of T-Mac... T-Mac in China

capt.sha11410121025.china_nba_sha114.jpg

capt.sha11310121025.china_nba_sha113.jpg

capt.sha11210121024.china_nba_sha112.jpg

And here we thought Kobe was the one who liked to mimic Jordan... Jordan goes to China, T-Mac forces a trade so he can go to China. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom