• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

cacophony

this fucking game man

ball got tipped by the other team and my teammate runs backcourt and grabs it and turns it over

MyPlayer = try to win a game while your team tries to throw it

my shooting guard got brick wall and screen outlet. he's also an enforcer

wtf

motherfucking damn it, got the volume shooter badge---I've never topped 30 shots in a game! wtf!

The Steam version is available to play for free this weekend as part of one of their free weekends. It's already up. I think I'll give it a shot, even though I have no clue if my PC or laptop could even run it decently on low settings. Heh.

dakun

I'm playing mygm mode with the clippers and i'm on my second season right now.

I'm kinda addicted to figuring out how to best trade players and picks so i'll have a reasonably young but awesome team. Through various trades i got Dion Waiters and Jeff Green and i'm happy with them. I also got a 1st Round Nets pick for 2017 which will probably end up in a top 1-5 pick. (Though i still have to figure out how to pick the best guy when the time comes)

But since I'm paying CP3, Blake and Jordan quite a bit i'm kind of worried about not being able to sign anybody good. I got Waiters on a cheap contract but after another year I'll have to extend. After my first season i already had the problem when i thought i could just let some lower rated players go to Free Agency but i ended up not being able to sign anyone better anyway because of the salary cap. So i ended up resigning many of the guys who left just because there was no alternative.

Now CP3 has 2 years left on his contract and i looked up what i'd get in a trade for him. Turns out i could trade 30 year old CP3 for a 23 year old Kyrie Irving on a lower annual contract with either 4 or 5 years left (can't remember). And because Irving is just rated 4 1/2 stars i probably could get another good player trade out of it or their first round pick. (though that would be worthless unless i trade it again)

So do you guys think it's smart to make that trade? Chris Paul is awesome but he is getting older and is eating a significant amount on my budget. But he's my go to guy for basically everything so naturally i'm worried i'll end up regretting that move.

Has anyone had a 5th quarter of the game that was NOT overtime ?

Playing what I assumed was the 4th quarter after having played the previous 3. I "won" by 3 points, game transitions to the end highlights. I press the button to progress and it takes me back to the game at the 4th quarter with the 3 point lead I had at what I thought was the end of the game.

Very bizarre!

Bought the game for PC. Took me several hours to tinker with the settings just to get a consistent 60 fps. And even then, it still acts weird from time to time. They really did a bad job optimizing it for PC. Good thing some of their staff members used to be modders and are really attentive to the PC/modding community. Just wish they did this BEFORE the game was released.

I'm kinda addicted to figuring out how to best trade players and picks so i'll have a reasonably young but awesome team. Through various trades i got Dion Waiters and Jeff Green and i'm happy with them. I also got a 1st Round Nets pick for 2017 which will probably end up in a top 1-5 pick. (Though i still have to figure out how to pick the best guy when the time comes)

But since I'm paying CP3, Blake and Jordan quite a bit i'm kind of worried about not being able to sign anybody good. I got Waiters on a cheap contract but after another year I'll have to extend. After my first season i already had the problem when i thought i could just let some lower rated players go to Free Agency but i ended up not being able to sign anyone better anyway because of the salary cap. So i ended up resigning many of the guys who left just because there was no alternative.

Now CP3 has 2 years left on his contract and i looked up what i'd get in a trade for him. Turns out i could trade 30 year old CP3 for a 23 year old Kyrie Irving on a lower annual contract with either 4 or 5 years left (can't remember). And because Irving is just rated 4 1/2 stars i probably could get another good player trade out of it or their first round pick. (though that would be worthless unless i trade it again)

So do you guys think it's smart to make that trade? Chris Paul is awesome but he is getting older and is eating a significant amount on my budget. But he's my go to guy for basically everything so naturally i'm worried i'll end up regretting that move.

Seems like a no brainer to me....

AcridMeat

Banned
Just realized I never posted these screenshots. What the hell did the random player generator do to this rookie!?
q0BbCMI.jpg
That hurr is turrble.

Yeah, the future created players in career are pretty goofy looking. In my 4th season with the Knicks, I have a guy on my team with a weird, always clipping, stringy hair-headband going across/through his forehead. Fuckin Lonny McDonald. He is worthless, too. An overall rank 61 small forward with either an F or C- in every category, and for some reason he is a starter over established real-life players.

1. Is it pretty much impossible to hit jumpers consistently on HOF difficulty?

2. Sup with these refs always holding the ball for like 10 seconds? Incredibly frustrating.

I'm kind of confused. I understand that there is a cap on the MyCareer stats...However how do we rise above that cap? Is it strictly restricted to MyPark or can I continue playing My Career mode and it slowly builds that way?

The Park is a glitchy lag mess and my experience has never been fun. Please tell me theres a way to get around this.

cacophony

the illegal screens in this game are so freaking stupid. if they called it this tight in the NBA there would be an offensive foul every possession

the illegal screens in this game are so freaking stupid. if they called it this tight in the NBA there would be an offensive foul every possession

Don't hold the button.

They'll call one per qtr this way.

So slight press, just for your pick. Don't hold for fade. Longer you hold, increases chances of off. foul call

MattDoza

The Jordan Rec Center is a nightmare. Stand around forever waiting for a game, get in, it's a laggy mess, and the guy playing point refuses to pass the ball. It's just not worth it to ever go back there.

idk why i assumed that if i made a second myplayer i could join another park. i get how that could be fishy but i just want to play hoodrat ball with my friends. it's sad when i get on and rivet city is empty but i can't travel to the flyers court. how does that even work btw? when i get traveling privileges i can't team up with other teams on the other court, can i ??? bc if you can't then what's the point. there's no way to buddy up with people without it being a total pain in the ass so i doubt i could ever get 2 other people to follow me to another court, or even find two who are at that level with the privilege. (PC vers)

and yeah the jordan rec center is a joke, you spend like an hour waiting for every half hour of ballin

I've been able to force turnouvers through illegal screens consistently by just running into the screener as soon as he starts setting for the pick, it's much better than getting stuck in an animation while the person I'm guarding runs for the easy lay-up.

Gurrry

Been playing on PC due to the free weekend, and I am digging this game. I wanna get it on XB1 though. Anyone know what resolution it runs at on Xbone?

I've been able to force turnouvers through illegal screens consistently by just running into the screener as soon as he starts setting for the pick, it's much better than getting stuck in an animation while the person I'm guarding runs for the easy lay-up.

Yeah I abuse this a lot it is way to easy.

Has a horrible horrible game against the trail blazers. This was definitely a game that the game actually wanted me to lose. Every single member on the team was getting back to back and one's on top of ridiculous shot clock cheese. I almost threw my controller...

Does anyone know how to level up pass the level 87 cap?

Has a horrible horrible game against the trail blazers. This was definitely a game that the game actually wanted me to lose. Every single member on the team was getting back to back and one's on top of ridiculous shot clock cheese. I almost threw my controller...

Does anyone know how to level up pass the level 87 cap?

I thought it was level 100?

Been playing on PC due to the free weekend, and I am digging this game. I wanna get it on XB1 though. Anyone know what resolution it runs at on Xbone?
Pretty sure it's 1080p, like NBA 2K14. Besides NHL 15 and PES 2015, I think all sports games on Xbox One are 1080p.

Anyway, I played this on my laptop for a bit last night, but even on the lowest settings at 720p, it's a bit choppy. I'll just stick to Xbox One...though I'm not sure if I'm getting the game. I already got 2K14 two weeks ago for $10, and I'm perfectly fine with it, especially since I mostly just do exhibition and seasons in sports games...probably thanks to playing mostly older '90s sports games. Hah.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I hooked up my laptop to my 1080p monitor and turned up all of the settings just to take screenshots for the hell of it, and...this happened:

It truly was a Halloween game...hah. Anyway, it was just the "special effects" setting being on that glitched it up. Turning it off fixed it.

this is one case where if you own a next gen console you'd be crazy to buy it on PC. the online on PC Is a wasteland. They must have sold like 20k copies on PC. i wish i could play with half the population that the console versions have.

the PC version is even in a free to play weekend and its still relatively dead. of course the crazy size might not be helping that, but still, parks only have population at peak times at best

AcridMeat

Banned
Man this game is sooooo weighted against you in mycareer it's ridiculous. I'm on the Heat, averaging 20/9 as their point guard so we're a decent squad. We're playing the Bucks, should be a fairly simple match up and win. Instead it's incredibly close throughout the game, no one has more than a 3 point lead at any point, but any time I come out I come back in with a deficit around 3 again.

4th quarter comes around and Bosh turns into a ghost. I think he was around 1/6, McRoberts was 2/8 for the game. We were down by 2 or 3 points again where on a steal I manage to get this shot.
After missing a lay up the previous possession, I figure oh good we're gonna get some momentum and maybe get a lead.
Oh fuck off game.

Meanwhile Brandon Knight hits two fadeaways with 1 second on the shot clock from around 20-22ft and my hand in his face.

Then when we're down by around 6, I make a three, they miss 1/2, make another 3, they go another 1/2. 8 seconds left, I get a lay up, have the same animation that has drawn fouls all game go for a non call, miss, McRoberts gets the rebound but doesn't get the put back in in time. 90-88. So frustrating.

Knight was 6/8, Parker 12/17, Mayo 7/11. All hitting contested shots.

Gurrry

got it for xb1 today..

been fucking with the facescan tech and omg fuck this shit

its so fucking hard to get a good scan

i hope they patch this but I seriously doubt there is much they can do to fix it

oh and when I finally got a "good scan", it crashed on me.. hahaha

ViciousDS

Banned
got it for xb1 today..

been fucking with the facescan tech and omg fuck this shit

its so fucking hard to get a good scan

i hope they patch this but I seriously doubt there is much they can do to fix it

oh and when I finally got a "good scan", it crashed on me.. hahaha

was hoping the camera being a little more clear would help you on the X1.....its a fucking nightmare with the PS4 camera. Constantly loses track of my face in a perfectly lit room.

Gurrry

was hoping the camera being a little more clear would help you on the X1.....its a fucking nightmare with the PS4 camera. Constantly loses track of my face in a perfectly lit room.

same, hopefully tomorrow I can get a better one

im gonna just go with the next best looking one and fix it later

cacophony

ive asked this but does anyone know why players randomly cut left or right as soon as you pass it to them? I seriously do not get this. I turn the ball over almost every time i pass because of it.

Dwight is wide open under the basket after a pick and roll.. pass it and he immediately cuts left and it gets intercepted

ive asked this but does anyone know why players randomly cut left or right as soon as you pass it to them? I seriously do not get this. I turn the ball over almost every time i pass because of it.

Dwight is wide open under the basket after a pick and roll.. pass it and he immediately cuts left and it gets intercepted
I feel like my players work against me. I miss out on assists because they miss easy wide open shots I set up for them, but make the much harder shots when the AI gives them the assist, and like you said, they consistently move behind defenders and I get turnovers, I focus upgrades on my passing stat but it still happens.

ViciousDS

Banned
same, hopefully tomorrow I can get a better one

im gonna just go with the next best looking one and fix it later

let me know how it went....really interested in the results. Problem for me when I finally got it, is that apparently white toned personel do not exist in 2K games....as there should be 1 more skin tone lighter in the game. So when it took my face and put it on the character model, the face was lighter than my body and I had it at a lowest tone setting lol.

Gurrry

let me know how it went....really interested in the results. Problem for me when I finally got it, is that apparently white toned personel do not exist in 2K games....as there should be 1 more skin tone lighter in the game. So when it took my face and put it on the character model, the face was lighter than my body and I had it at a lowest tone setting lol.

Same here, I look like a monster.

I want to re-try it, but then again I kind of dont because of how much of a hassle it is.

theapg

Did one with the clippers and traded EVERYONE and ended up with: Exum, MCW, Nerlens, Parker, and Embiid. Then in the first offseason i signed millsap and klay thompson. So after one year i have 7 players in the 80s, like 5 above 83.

Justified

Does anyone know if there is voice chat in mypark? I never hear anyone. Is it just party based?

Yea something is going on with it. I was google searching this very thing earlier today.

I just thought no one was speaking, but I notice the mic icon wasnt showing under my player either.

It works when you are on the Got Next spot (though the sounds is choppy as hell) but once you start playing It doesnt.

theWB27

One of those legacy issues they refuse to fix. Allot of the time AI reacts to your button press instead of what's going on in-game...this is one of those times. Your player will be standing still and as soon as you pass...they cut and the defender steps in front. They never cut away from the defenders though.

For those who wonder why your teammates do random shit or can't make shots, how do you play your offense?

Cause I've noticed lately when I try to be a cog in the system and just do Auto run play, and play my part, they actually play a lot better. I think if you break a play or just always do freestyle, they react a lot differently. I almost reeled off a 10 game winning streak with the KNICKS

AcridMeat

Banned
For those who wonder why your teammates do random shit or can't make shots, how do you play your offense?

Cause I've noticed lately when I try to be a cog in the system and just do Auto run play, and play my part, they actually play a lot better. I think if you break a play or just always do freestyle, they react a lot differently. I almost reeled off a 10 game winning streak with the KNICKS
Interesting, I'll try running more of the plays. But the thing is I'm never getting bad shots, they're always open so I think that's a pretty bad excuse if they somehow programmed it to behave that way.

My first option every time is to take my man off the dribble and get to the basket and I dish it somewhere or finish. Most of the other time I'll pass/set screens for my teammates.

If neither of those work I call for a pick when the shot clock is getting low.

Double D

So I finally got the posterizer badge, but because of my ball-hogging trying to get that badge, I also got volume shooter :/

I played a couple games after that and I seem to miss my first few shots now unless they're dunks. The good news is it seems like it works, because I stay hot pretty much throughout the rest of the game.

Also that posterizer, damn. It works as advertised.

Quick

Banned
I'm not entirely new to the game, but I've never really thought to check out locker codes until now.

How do they release those codes?

RS4-

For fucks sake, got this shit on ps4. Why can't I skip this goddamn intro game. Yes, updates are installed, etc

For fucks sake, got this shit on ps4. Why can't I skip this goddamn intro game. Yes, updates are installed, etc

You need to let it sit on "Press X to continue " for about 45 minutes...while it installs something else mysterious.

Yes it is fucking stupid. I know.

RS4-

You need to let it sit on "Press X to continue " for about 45 minutes...while it installs something else mysterious.

Yes it is fucking stupid. I know.

Christ almighty. Well it's at 52GBs or whatever after the 940ish MB update from today.

This is just brutal.

I think you're the only person I've played on GAF, and this was maybe...2k11 lol.

edit - how the hell do I get my 2k app points, etc to transfer to my actual game. Logged in with PSN credentials in the app.

Tik-Tok

Christ almighty. Well it's at 52GBs or whatever after the 940ish MB update from today.

This is just brutal.

I think you're the only person I've played on GAF, and this was maybe...2k11 lol.

edit - how the hell do I get my 2k app points, etc to transfer to my actual game. Logged in with PSN credentials in the app.

Go back to Third Strike scrub :p

(all I did was sign in with my psn credentials and it worked)

edit: add me up plz (adi_dee)

Double D

Every single practice I ball out and the coach tells me what a piece of shit I am. Sorry coach, next time I'll do better than 16 points, 2 assists, 2 steals, 75% FG in 6 minutes.

Top Bottom