• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Double D

Still haven't gotten the shoe deal yet. I'm at December 30th of season 2 and haven't seen Ellis again. I had my second Pharell sighting a few weeks ago, but nothing since then. Anyone gotten it yet that has any pro-tips? From everything I've read it doesn't seem like there's a sure-fire way to get it.

Quick

Banned
So, is it actually part of My Career to have Doc Rivers join the team I signed with during the off-season (after my first season)?

I thought the game was broken for me initially and thought it signed me with the Clippers.

So, is it actually part of My Career to have Doc Rivers join the team I signed with during the off-season (after my first season)?

I thought the game was broken for me initially and thought it signed me with the Clippers.

Same here. I was confused for a second and then I just laughed at the absurdity for a minute straight after that.

Imagine if they spent their time on other things that weren't so fucking useless.

Really hate how they're going in a direction where they're trying to get a bunch of real life people and voices into the game. Meanwhile their in game stadium sounds still sound like it's a janky ass toy music box.

Takuan

It's scripted that way. I'm not sure what happens after, though.

Double D

Part of the game. The best part is that he can and will morph into other NBA coaches while on the sidelines.

Quick

Banned
Same here. I was confused for a second and then I just laughed at the absurdity for a minute straight after that.

Imagine if they spent their time on other things that weren't so fucking useless.

Really hate how they're going in a direction where they're trying to get a bunch of real life people and voices into the game. Meanwhile their in game stadium sounds still sound like it's a janky ass toy music box.

My Career needs a lot of fixes in general. From better voice recording quality (it sounds like the recordings were taken from TV clips sometimes), fixing how the story progresses with your choices, to more of the other non-player models. Coaches seem to look better, but others are just weird. Doris Burke still looks weird interviewing from the sidelines.

Part of the game. The best part is that he can and will morph into other NBA coaches while on the sidelines.

That'll be hilarious. I look forward to seeing this.

I can never get my coach satisfaction consistently improved because my cuntacular coach is never happy during scrimmage, and thinks fast break coach directives are easy to come by and gets upset when I don't complete them in the completely arbitrary moment he decides the team needs them.

I hope coach satisfaction is meaningless so I can stop caring about it.

Clevinger

They spent all this time and money on cutscenes and cheerleaders and coach shit, yet they take out basic functionality like being able to see playoff brackets.

so dumb

Daezuel

I actually traded this in. For me it was the incessant load times. I honestly felt like I was watching the game load more than actually play. Maybe it's time to upgrade my PS4 HD?

Even so, the game is loading something at every turn and taking forever to do it.

Halftime? Time to load your boring halftime speech. After the game? Time to load a cut scene in the tunnel, then load a cut scene in an office, then load to your apartment.

Time out? Time to take your player out of a tied game and load up you walking to the bench only to load up you watching a play before you can check back in down 10 with half a quarter to go.

I feel like I'm playing Jumpman Jr on a C64 cassette, in 2014.

Just picked this up. Barely know the rules of basketball except you have to put the ball in the net.

7f8.gif

This shit is complicated. Any good tutorials out there? I mean from the very very basics?

Double D

Just picked this up. Barely know the rules of basketball except you have to put the ball in the net.

[url]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/439/825/7f8.gif/img][/url]

This shit is complicated. Any good tutorials out there? I mean from the very very basics?[/QUOTE]

Honestly the best thing you can do is watch some youtube videos.

"On this week's episode of NBA 2k I'll be learning some post moves from Ryan Hollins"

This game has lost any legitimacy it had left

AcridMeat

Banned
I dunno I'm having fun shooting 58% as a team, going 33 points 6 boards 15 assists and still losing to the Kings as the Heat.

...they shot 59% and had 9 offensive rebounds, almost half of our defensive rebound total. I don't know if I can play mycareer much longer.

I dunno I'm having fun shooting 58% as a team, going 33 points 6 boards 15 assists and still losing to the Kings as the Heat.

...they shot 59% and had 9 offensive rebounds, almost half of our defensive rebound total. I don't know if I can play mycareer much longer.
What difficulty?

Also I'm now the alpha dog of the Knicks. Carmelo now has the beta badge hahaha

AcridMeat

Banned
Right now it's just All Star because every team, doesn't matter who, seems to crush on rebounds every time. I thought about going up just for the VC multiplier but I don't know. Can you adjust sliders in mycareer?

Let alone when we had a chance to cut the lead and miss two fast breaks and turn the ball over twice in the last 2 minutes.

Double D

Folks who are playing MyCareer - How long are your quarters set to? I'm at the default (6 or 7) and usually end up with around 30 points and 7 assists. I'm trying to get more assists but I either need more time to do so or I need my teammates to get their heads out of their asses. If a 'Pass leading to a foul' counted as an assist, I'd have double-doubles every game.

joeposh

So this game makes you play an entire game as the Spurs (without any explanation or setup) and create a player before you can do anything else? Christ, who thought that was a good idea?

Also, I carefully crafted a player (for lack of a PS camera), the game informed me that it couldn't connect to the servers. I exited to update the game (thinking that may be the issue) and returned to find it had naturally discarded my saved character.

At that point I said screw it and went to bed. Not off to a great start NBA 2k15...

Hasney

You don't have to play an entire game. Once it's fully installed (which takes FOREVER, especially when downloading it) you can quit out and skip it.

RS4-

Who thought it was a good idea to show matchups and offense/defense schemes during the loading screens of both teams.

MattDoza

Folks who are playing MyCareer - How long are your quarters set to? I'm at the default (6 or 7) and usually end up with around 30 points and 7 assists. I'm trying to get more assists but I either need more time to do so or I need my teammates to get their heads out of their asses. If a 'Pass leading to a foul' counted as an assist, I'd have double-doubles every game.

I play on 10 minute quarters. I don't average a double double, but achieve one fairly often. Still haven't had a triple double. So hard to get the assists as a SF.

cacophony

this game is fucking amateur hour. they seriously made celebration animations that make it impossible to get back on defense because your guy is skipping around like a moron after he hits a 3 in the 1st quarter? shit is so bad. my teammate spots up, i pass to him and he immediately runs out of bounds with the ball. what?!

the only reason I play this shit is bc im a huge nba fan and Live is trash

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Think I need to take a break from sports games for awhile. NBA 2K can add all the content and game modes they want, but a lot of the same glitch gameplay is back. If I wanted arcade I would have gotten NBA Live. The numerous missed easy layups by superstars, 2 feet hook shots missing when rarely contested, blocks on almost every dunk from behind that has any form of a tomahawk, spamming the steal button underneath the basket. Between NHL and NBA series, they need a major revamp before I get back into it again.

Think I need to take a break from sports games for awhile. NBA 2K can add all the content and game modes they want, but a lot of the same glitch gameplay is back. If I wanted arcade I would have gotten NBA Live. The numerous missed easy layups by superstars, 2 feet hook shots missing when rarely contested, blocks on almost every dunk from behind that has any form of a tomahawk, spamming the steal button underneath the basket. Between NHL and NBA series, they need a major revamp before I get back into it again.

The gameplay is so close to being perfect, but the missed layups and overpowered CPU rebounding is especially brutal. I'm thinking of rebooting my various saves with community sliders to see how much those can help.

7f8.gif

This shit is complicated. Any good tutorials out there? I mean from the very very basics?

Yeah, basketball is a deceptively simple game. I imagine the same thing happens with some people that pick up FIFA thinking that all they have to do is kick the ball in the net.

The missed layups thing is a balancing concept FYI. That's why it's always in these games. Otherwise online games would be even worse than they are, seeing as driving is already overpowered even with layups sucking. It's pretty awful but it's really difficult to balance otherwise honestly. I really doubt it will ever go away in 2k because it's not in there by accident.

So I haven't been able to connect to the ps3 2k servers since like release day. Should I just redo MyPlayer as an offline career (no VC, just skill points)? I've got like 60k in VC from the mobile app lol which I've been enjoying quite a bit.

Not being able to play my career isn't a gamebreaker, I'm actually having a lot of fun running a season based on fantasy draft.

The missed layups thing is a balancing concept FYI. That's why it's always in these games. Otherwise online games would be even worse than they are, seeing as driving is already overpowered even with layups sucking. It's pretty awful but it's really difficult to balance otherwise honestly. I really doubt it will ever go away in 2k because it's not in there by accident.

Yeah this is what sucks. The missed layup thing is intentional, but that's systematic of a bigger problem that they can't fix, which is really discouraging.

I understand that missing baskets close, especially when it seems like you're not guarded, is infuriating, but this kind of shit happens. I just deal with it and if it happens usually I try to go at a better angle or a more guaranteed basket.

It's kind of like fumbles in Madden...sort of out your control, annoying, but it happens.

MattDoza

Can you delete your 'MyPlayer', start a new one and keep the VC your first player accumulated?
You mean, reclaim any earnings you've spent? If so; no. But if you're just wanting to start over, any VC you currently have and accumulated with your current player can be used on your new player.

You mean...like this?

http://youtu.be/dRPBLOkQyg8

Seriously such bullshit lol

AcridMeat

Banned
One thing that's kind of funny, even with the AI missing lay ups constantly, my player makes and ones all the time now. I don't know why but it started happening consistently. If I'm fouled on a lay up it's almost guaranteed to go in.
The gameplay is so close to being perfect, but the missed layups and overpowered CPU rebounding is especially brutal. I'm thinking of rebooting my various saves with community sliders to see how much those can help.
Let me know if you find one that fixes the CPU's offensive rebounding because I stopped playing because of it.

Cheddahz

Banned
finally decided to pick up 2k15 (for the xbox one), since amazon had it for $30 as part of their black friday deals

actually excited to have a basketball game again (even with all of the issues i've heard about it)

hbkdx12

finally decided to pick up 2k15 (for the xbox one), since amazon had it for $30 as part of their black friday deals

actually excited to have a basketball game again (even with all of the issues i've heard about it)
I went the opposite route. I was gonna take advantage of amazons lightning deal but then I re-read this thread and felt like it would be unwise for me to pick this up. Especially since I'm not a huge bball fan. I have 2k14 and as much as that game has its flaws, I'm so used To it that I'm able to work around it and still enjoy the game. I don't think I want to deal with a whole new game full of new bullshit that I'd have to adjust to

Shooting mechanic makes jumpers harder, and there are way more missed contested lay ups.

Should take you about 5 games to get adjusted.

Cheddahz

Banned
I went the opposite route. I was gonna take advantage of amazons lightning deal but then I re-read this thread and felt like it would be unwise for me to pick this up. Especially since I'm not a huge bball fan. I have 2k14 and as much as that game has its flaws, I'm so used To it that I'm able to work around it and still enjoy the game. I don't think I want to deal with a whole new game full of new bullshit that I'd have to adjust to
I've gotten the 2K games every year since 2004 and honestly, I was just going to skip this year, but I don't mind having to learn some of the new mechanics for $30 (I'm also a huge basketball fan, so that might help as well)

Shooting mechanic makes jumpers harder, and there are way more missed contested lay ups.

Should take you about 5 games to get adjusted.

Five games doesn't sound too bad at all!

Things finally clicked for me as an SG on the Trail Blazers. Wes kills at the 3PT line. Got the finals MVP and the deal with Jordan, trying to get league MVP now.

I just missed a free throw on an excellent release...on top of that my guy's FT rating is 91

WTF?
Happened to me too when I was gatorade/tired in a close game, sucks.

Top Bottom