• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

On a more serious note, they can keep all the acting and stuff if they wish to go that route but just don't actually have a story line to MyCareer. Make cutscenes where we have to make decisions on things like endorsements, choosing a team, etc. We don't play MyCareer because we want to know how our virtual parents ended up with different ethnic twins. The whole experience felt completely pointless and had absolutely nothing to do with basketball in my opinion.

Now I am in my 2nd year and I'm asking myself why didn't they add all this other stuff while the story was going on.

Anyway, saw on Reddit for a way to farm VC. I thought they took this out the game but I guess it got moved to myleague instead so that makes sense why I didn't know since I usually just play MyCareer and mygm. Just set your games to however many minutes (the more the better but if you're strapped for time then you'll still get VC just less) and set difficulty to Hall of Fame. "play" a game and just let cpu duke it out while you go do something else.

Also has anyone had any issues with the nickname? I changed his name to silk and they are still calling him freq.. This upsets me a lot tbh.

I think there are lines in the game that are improperly programmed to switch out the nicknames. I know the announcers say my nickname (or maybe they don't since they sound kinda similar) but the commentators say Freq. just seems like laziness to me. Maybe it's just specific lines tho. I haven't heard the announcers interchange my new nickname yet.

On a more serious note, they can keep all the acting and stuff if they wish to go that route but just don't actually have a story line to MyCareer. Make cutscenes where we have to make decisions on things like endorsements, choosing a team, etc. We don't play MyCareer because we want to know how our virtual parents ended up with different ethnic twins. The whole experience felt completely pointless and had absolutely nothing to do with basketball in my opinion.

Now I am in my 2nd year and I'm asking myself why didn't they add all this other stuff while the story was going on.

Anyway, saw on Reddit for a way to farm VC. I thought they took this out the game but I guess it got moved to myleague instead so that makes sense why I didn't know since I usually just play MyCareer and mygm. Just set your games to however many minutes (the more the better but if you're strapped for time then you'll still get VC just less) and set difficulty to Hall of Fame. "play" a game and just let cpu duke it out while you go do something else.

I think there are lines in the game that are improperly programmed to switch out the nicknames. I know the announcers say my nickname (or maybe they don't since they sound kinda similar) but the commentators say Freq. just seems like laziness to me. Maybe it's just specific lines tho. I haven't heard the announcers interchange my new nickname yet.
Thanks for posting that farm, will try that till I can get my rating to the mid 70's.

Also on the nickname, I changed it in the second season I'm being referred by my new one.

Ryne

Went straight to MyLeague mode, I missed this so much.

Any tips on defence? My guys tend to slip and slide around, I'm playing as the TWolves so I'm expecting crappy defense, but not this bad.

Anybody know how to force an apparel reset on your myplayer? I previewed a shoulder sleeve on my guy and it's been stuck on him for two days. Can't wear half sleeves, because the shoulder sleeve dominates everything on that side. It's mildly frustrating.

I'm having issues timing when to burst off the dribble. Anyone have it down?
It really difficult to do it off dribble. I found out that if you hit R1 it's a quick pick button, it'll bring up button for all your teammates and whichever you but that teammate will pick for you.

Started mycareer last night, having a great time with the actual basketball portion. Thank god for the ability to skip all the story bullshit. Such a waste of time and resources, whoever thought living the dream would be a good idea should be fired, coo coo!!

Anyways, skipped 2k15 and 2k14 was my first nba game in over a decade. Going from 2k14 to2k16 is a huge step up. The player animations, presentation, graphics are all a huge step up. Can't wait to finish this first NBA season and get a team that isn't the Wizards. Can't say enough how much I like the gameplay, it just feels right. So many different options and sliders in the game though, almost overwhelming for me.

One thing I messed around with that was really cool was creating a myGM team but with custom draft/rosters. I downloaded a classic legends roster and my team consisted of Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Tim Duncan and Dikembe Mutombo, how fucking cool is that.

Best NBA game I have played since whooping on my friends in the dreamcast versions.

I have ran into a few glitches so far on the PC version. A few just gamestopping freezes and also this weird glitch that I have nicknamed the earthquake. In mycareer occasionally when I am shooting a free throw the screen spazzes out and does this weird shaking effect. Not every freethrow but has happened more than a few times.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
In mycareer occasionally when I am shooting a free throw the screen spazzes out and does this weird shaking effect. Not every freethrow but has happened more than a few times.

I haven't bought the game yet but I'd assume that is just the "He's feeling pressure and we have no way to show you but to make the screen shaky" effect.

hbkdx12

I haven't bought the game yet but I'd assume that is just the "He's feeling pressure and we have no way to show you but to make the screen shaky" effect.

Yea that is exactly what it is. You only get that effect (I believe) in away games.

Correct. That's not a glitch.

I don't think its your guy being nervous (I'm pretty sure that comes through based on the pulses you feel in the controller when your at the line)

Its the AI trying to fuck up your shot when you're shooting a free throw the same way you can do when you playing against someone online

There's a setting in the options menu that lets you turn off AI free throw shaky cam.

Yea that is exactly what it is. You only get that effect (I believe) in away games.

Correct. That's not a glitch.

I don't think its your guy being nervous (I'm pretty sure that comes through based on the pulses you feel in the controller when your at the line)

Its the AI trying to fuck up your shot when you're shooting a free throw the same way you can do when you playing against someone online

There's a setting in the options menu that lets you turn off AI free throw shaky cam.

Holy shit, I had no idea. Even my girlfriend watching was like "what is wrong with your game". I am definitely going to turn that off, it is ridiculous. Thanks for the info guys, I really thought it was a glitch haha. Now back to finishing this first season.

The Ummah

Banned
After skipping 2K15 during my gaming hiatus, I am back and so impressed with this year's offering. The game is packed with features. I ran a bit of MyPark with random players. Had a good run on the 2v2 court. Ran into iPodKingCarter and had a good game on the 3v3 court.

As of right now, MyPark and ProAM will be my focus. PS4 Gaf, lets do this! PSN: Preme805

Justified

Holy shit, I had no idea. Even my girlfriend watching was like "what is wrong with your game". I am definitely going to turn that off, it is ridiculous. Thanks for the info guys, I really thought it was a glitch haha. Now back to finishing this first season.

You cant turn it off, its suppose to simulate the "crowd noise" in away games.

Its always been there but only against human-controlled opponents. This is the first year the CPU is able to do it

ViciousDS

Banned
Spike lee asking questions to characters is fucking weird. They could not have told the story any worse.

Edit: that conversation between Vic and Freq in the car was actually pretty good.

charsace

I think I made a huge mistake going with a SG. SG and PG seem to have similar stats, with PG's being able to be faster, taller, and handle better. I don't understand what the advantage of going SG is.

cHinzo

I think I made a huge mistake going with a SG. SG and PG seem to have similar stats, with PG's being able to be faster, taller, and handle better. I don't understand what the advantage of going SG is.

To shoot better of course! :D

Damn, Durant is the most non clutch fcker I've ever seen. OKC 100 - 103 Nuggets with 30 seconds left. I make a clutch 3 pointer from a fast break to tie the score up. The Nuggets gets a 2 pointer with 20 seconds left. Coach takes a timeout. Then we throw the ball in to Durant who walks it to our side of the court for a backcourt violation with less than 20 seconds left. Are u kidding me?!

I'm finally able to consistently score around 10 points and get 5 assists per game. Made 17 points and 8 assists last game against the Nets. :D

charsace

To shoot better of course! :D

Damn, Durant is the most non clutch fcker I've ever seen. OKC 100 - 103 Nuggets with 30 seconds left. I make a clutch 3 pointer from a fast break to tie the score up. The Nuggets gets a 2 pointer with 20 seconds left. Coach takes a timeout. Then we throw the ball in to Durant who walks it to our side of the court for a backcourt violation with less than 20 seconds left. Are u kidding me?!

I'm finally able to consistently score around 10 points and get 5 assists per game. Made 17 points and 8 assists last game against the Nets. :D

I made an inside sg and he is hardly better at dunking than an inside PG. Plus the inside PG gets big handle advantage and has a speed advantage and can be taller.

Spike lee asking questions to characters is fucking weird. They could not have told the story any worse.

Edit: that conversation between Vic and Freq in the car was actually pretty good.

I don't mind the interview questions. It just would have fit better if the story was, say, twice as long. There's not enough foreground for the background to have so much weight.

Quick

Banned
So, does Livin Da Dream continue on as you're in the NBA? So far, every character is annoying and I just don't care enough about Freq's backstory or something.

I really liked MyCareer from 2K14 and 15.

ViciousDS

Banned
So, does Livin Da Dream continue on as you're in the NBA? So far, every character is annoying and I just don't care enough about Freq's backstory or something.

I really liked MyCareer from 2K14 and 15.

Well they are doing a Weird credits thing with the real life actors. Spike lee is saying thank you for watching our feature film. So I can only thank heavens they are done. Now they are all clapping.

Ah, best screen I've seen all these past two days

HVhW2jx.jpg

Finally, player bonding, badges, drills and the real game starts thank heavens!

Miracle

The conversation and dialogue scenes are actually really well voice acted.

Yeah the story is crap (feels very rushed) but the voice acting is really good this time.

I don't mind the interview questions. It just would have fit better if the story was, say, twice as long. There's not enough foreground for the background to have so much weight.

My thoughts as well. There isn't enough time in the story to care about most of the characters. Not enough depth.

Bravoexo

Damn it, still the game interferes with playing defence for the sake of a predetermined animation... what a waste again. And still brain dead rebounding ... aka, bewildering way the ball ends up into the hands of the opponent...arggh...

Clevinger

The only part of the storyline I legit enjoyed was when
Vic's ethereal form finally disappeared and I knew I'd never see that shitty character again.

Fjordson

The gameplay feels really good, performance on PS4 is smooth. My Career is fun as always, though I agree with some that all the story stuff is corny and unnecessary.

Has anyone gotten to be the #1 pick in My Career? I was hoping to get 1 or 2 to the Lakers, but I went 5th to Orlando. Even though I thought I dominated all four college games. Wondering if I should start over and try to get picked higher.

Zukkoyaki

One thing still around is the array of players that are waaaayyy better than they are in real life. I think Wesley Matthews is the big one this year. Hits 3s like Korver and plays defense like Tony Allen.

Sandfox

One thing still around is the array of players that are waaaayyy better than they are in real life. I think Wesley Matthews is the big one this year. Hits 3s like Korver and plays defense like Tony Allen.

Well he is one of the better 3 point shooters in the league and he's a good defender so things like this just work in his favor lol.

Zukkoyaki

Well he is one of the better 3 point shooters in the league and he's a good defender so things like this just work in his favor lol.
Oh he's definitely good in real life for sure. But he's playing like T-Mac out there haha.

Anyone know if Terrence Ross, Gerald Green, and Monta Ellis still play like the GOAT backcourt?

Guffers

Just like last year the PC version is a stuttery mess for pretty much everyone. I have an 4670k and a single 780 and could max last year's game at 60fps post patch but not so much this year. It hovers around 50-60 regardless of low or high settings. But, if you turn off the crowd it becomes buttery smooth at max. Frustrating to say the least.

Guffers

I'm annoyed at myself for pre ordering in order to play it early. There's no damn point if the game releases half broken and I should have known better. I stupidly assumed that last year's stutter fix would be built into the game. Perhaps it is but they've created new issues with these new graphics options.

I'm holding out hope that there's a release day patch ready to iron out the issues...

abuC

Anyone going to start an online GAF League on PS4? I could set one up if nobody else is interested. Heck, doesn't have to be like 30 different people, we could even get a small league of 15 or so.

If nobody has volunteered to do it, I could set something up. I just wanna bring my Pacers lol.

Would there be a fantasy draft?

Top Bottom