• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

I just got my PS4 copy from Gamefly. Which is weird because I thought they wouldn't ship games to arrive before the release date. Sounds like the story mode is pretty much balls,and I shouldn't even waste my time with it. I'm looking forward to the old soundtracks. Especially 2k11's God-tier one.

cHinzo

for users on PC...

I just launched the game on Steam and it had a pop-up that contains the locker code needed to access the pre-order bonuses...seems like the finally got things sorted out

just input that code in Features/Options in-game where the Locker Codes option is and you'll get the bonuses

it's also on the side under CD Key in Steam now if you somehow lose the code

Says code invalid for me. :

Moved my game to my SSD and it runs butter smooth now. I had enough of all those loading screens and running it from an SSD helped to get rid of most of them. Also dropped 20 points for the first time on MyCareer with my Shooting Guard, together with 4 rebounds and 8 assists. Had a nice 75% FG% and 2-3 3-pointers made. It also got me a starting five position with that performance, awesome!

Edit: used the in-game keyboard and it worked! Now where do I open the packs?

Says code invalid for me. :\

Moved my game to my SSD and it runs butter smooth now. I had enough of all those loading screens and running it from an SSD helped to get rid of most of them. Also dropped 20 points for the first time on MyCareer with my Shooting Guard, together with 4 rebounds and 8 assists. Had a nice 75% FG% and 2-3 3-pointers made. It also got me a starting five position with that performance, awesome!

did you make sure to use the dashes and make it case sensitive?

Muzy72

Banned
The French version of the game has Tony Parker on the cover!?!

As soon as I learned that earlier today I imported a copy lol. Wasn't gonna get it but a Spurs player being on the cover is an automatic purchase. Came out to $64 (same price as U.S. copy with tax over here) and it'll be here Thursday so not bad!

The game won't be in French right? lol

In your 2nd season, there is a thing called "live practice" where you can increase the amount of upgrades. You do these live practices on your off days.

You start out at a max of 75, and once you pick a team after the shitty movie is done, you have "off-days" where you can train your guy on days where you don't play. The more off-days you spend, the more progress you build to your next attribute. Your other options are shit like "Hang out with teammates/fans" or "Build connections" neither of which I gave a shit.

Also, you only have to play the game right before an off-day. You can skip the first of a B2B if you want, but you HAVE to play the game---2k can tell if you did "Sim to end" and then they'll force you to skip the next off day, so just be aware of that.

To get attribute point #76, you have to spend 2 off days, and after that, it takes 5 off days. So sometimes to get your next point, you'll have to play 3, usually 4, sometimes 5 NBA games. Just like a real NBA player, when you see multiple off days consecutively (I've had 3 and 4), it is a beautiful thing lol.

So far I've earned 7 extra attribute points doing the mode (Which means I've spent 32 off days training), so I have a max of 82 attribute points. I am going to try and grind so I get the remaining 18 by the weekend, but the coach has made me a starter so even though I'm doing 6 minute quarters to get this done ASAP, it'll take a while.

The one I hate most is Game-OD-Game-OD-Game-OD-Game-OD-Game-OD, meaning there's no multiple off-days and you have to play 5 in a row.

So for instance, my point guard build will eventually have maxed out everything except in rebounding, and based on last year's version, that will get you to a 99, but who knows now. What positions were the 99 guys? I believe this is only possible for point guards and shooting guards. I think the other three peak at 97 or 98 but I'm not sure.

AHHHHHH now I get it lol. It all makes sense now...welp, guess I'm grinding out then...but I love playing 2k the long way tbh. So there's that but cool beans

Damn, my sis has a nice ass.

Bruh!
CPpaIehUsAAT0kB.jpg:large

AcridMeat

Banned
I really enjoyed MyTeam last year, while it lasted for me. Eventually the coins or points or whatever wasn't enough to get enough contracts to keep playing. I actually ran out of contracts on the majority of my players so I had to stop.

Has anyone found gaining contracts to be easier in that mode?

tylerf

Now that I finally got my PC preorder bonuses I opened a dynamic Russell Westbrook from the packs. Very nice.

I really enjoyed MyTeam last year, while it lasted for me. Eventually the coins or points or whatever wasn't enough to get enough contracts to keep playing. I actually ran out of contracts on the majority of my players so I had to stop.

Has anyone found gaining contracts to be easier in that mode?

First time playing this mode and that's fucking horrible if that actually happens. Does everyone just spend money on this mode?

tylerf

Even if you had no contracts for your starters and no MT at all you should still be able to start some bench players and gain enough MT in one game to buy contracts for everyone.

Sandfox

First time playing this mode and that's fucking horrible if that actually happens. Does everyone just spend money on this mode?

I'm not sure how much contracts cost when you actually have good players, but you can always either just switch players until you earn the MT or play another mode to earn the VC. There's also the app coming up to earn VC.

AcridMeat

Banned
Are there contract specific packs now? Again, just trying to gauge if they tuned the mode since last year's game. I understand I could have been grinding VC elsewhere, but I'd hope they would design the mode to allow you to continue playing regardless. For instance, contracts aren't an issue at all in FIFA, because each one gives you so many games and multiple in a pack.

demolitio

So Best Buy just decided to release the game early instead of making it just for preorders? I went on Sunday to preorder (was on the fence but then had some reward certificates come in) but they were already selling the game so I couldn't get the preorder bonuses despite it being before launch...

Sandfox

So Best Buy just decided to release the game early instead of making it just for preorders? I went on Sunday to preorder (was on the fence but then had some reward certificates come in) but they were already selling the game so I couldn't get the preorder bonuses despite it being before launch...

The preorder stuff is inside the case so it might be in there for you.

Karish

Few questions:

1. Why am I missing so many layups?

2. Why am I losing the ball so often in the paint?

3. I'm kinda a noob. I get the basics but can someone point me to a guide that will get me further than that. I feel like people I'm playing online are doing things I don't even understand.

Few questions:

1. Why am I missing so many layups?

2. Why am I losing the ball so often in the paint?

3. I'm kinda a noob. I get the basics but can someone point me to a guide that will get me further than that. I feel like people I'm playing online are doing things I don't even understand.

1. Factors lay up rating, lay up rating during contact, defense proximity and how they contest. In other words math i.e. variables. Know your personnel

2. 2K has always been trying to find the perfect balance with ball tangibility. People think they want ball tangibility until it's given to them and they realize they can't judge 3D space with a 2D screen.

3. The little homie Sam Pham is a national treasure. He provides in depth features tutorials in a clear and concise manner.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWvaIytNgjkxK-CB1LmlDDg

Deception

I want to get this game but do you guys think I should go physical or digital? I usually buy all digital but the yearly nature of this game has me thinking I can trade it in next May or June but do you think it'll even be worth it at that point?

Kai

Started a season and replaced the Bulls with the 96 bulls and the lakers with the 01 Lakers.

I am playing on superstar but man I can't stay in front of people or guard pick n roll well (feels like my player just gets frozen on the floor and gets constantly blown by). Anyone else having defensive issues?

Started a season and replaced the Bulls with the 96 bulls and the lakers with the 01 Lakers.

I am playing on superstar but man I can't stay in front of people or guard pick n roll well (feels like my player just gets frozen on the floor and gets constantly blown by). Anyone else having defensive issues?

The new defense is a bit tricky for guards, you have to really use the L trigger but also can't just mash it down, need to press lightly when you need to shift to either side or if you shift quick you have to use that and the R trigger

All in all, I don't really have a full grasp of it yet but that's kind of the gist of it. This is why I stick to big guys on defense :)

gino_bilicl

Neo Member
I can't believe so much people complaining about the difficulty and my career and i think is just the same as every year.

First of all this year you can sign with almost any team and that makes the game way easier. Previous year you could only sign with shitty teams and that would lead to loss all your possible assists. I've signed with the spurs and playing 8 mins quarters and my third game in the second season i've got easily 10 assist in one game. Pick and roll that's the key of the whole game and has always been since 2k13 or before.

If you realize that if you get in the paint you lose the ball then don't do it anymore. Again, pick and roll and only enter the paint when you're totally open.

Open shots are quite easy if you are open! Why a mediocre player would get easy points shooting with one hand in his face? Cmon guys, pick and roll and shoot when you're open. I've got like 60 in shooting and i still could even get some 3's in the game.

I liked a lot that the training and drills are back.

BroBot

I'm sure its already been mentioned here but Simulating to the end of each game in MyCareer with the difficulty set to Hall of Fame and the minutes set to 12, gives you 400 VC per game. Your character keeps the same VC across multiple MyCareers so you could start a seperate MyCareer, farm your VC there and use it on your primary MyCareer save file. (can't simulate highschool or college games, just fouling out in college games until the coach sits you down is the quickest way).

I'm sure its already been mentioned here but Simulating to the end of each game in MyCareer with the difficulty set to Hall of Fame and the minutes set to 12, gives you 400 VC per game. Your character keeps the same VC across multiple MyCareers so you could start a seperate MyCareer, farm your VC there and use it on your primary MyCareer save file. (can't simulate highschool or college games, just fouling out in college games until the coach sits you down is the quickest way).

What? Sim to end gets you nothing, and the game forces you to skip the off-day that comes after. Unless I have completely missed something.

I don't have it set to 12 minutes though, that could be the thing.

BroBot

What? Sim to end gets you nothing, and the game forces you to skip the off-day that comes after. Unless I have completely missed something.

I don't have it set to 12 minutes though, that could be the thing.

Did you set the difficulty to Hall of Fame?

Rivanov

Banned
Still getting error when I want to broadcast to Twitch on Xbox One. And I still can't share my gameclips or screenshots. This game is officially released right?

Jonm1010

Banned
So the steam reviews have me really nervous getting this for PC. What is the GAF consensus on the PC version?

Has a day one patch been released or anything?

I have an i7 and a 970 so I feel like i should be fine but the reviews have me worried.

Top Bottom