• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

Wagram

I have to admit that I don't play sports games or care about sports in general at all, but this actually looks decent. The laughs from the face scanning is hilarious.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but is the story "terrible" because it was supposed to be full of choices and be sculpted by the player but it really isn't, or is it just literally terribly written/acted?

I enjoyed the first two in-game seasons of NBA 2k15's story mode, for what it's worth.

Xeilyn

Man its so nice to play with Vince Carter in his prime, dat 99 vert and 99 dunk. Greatest in game dunker of all time right there

zychi

Banned
I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but is the story "terrible" because it was supposed to be full of choices and be sculpted by the player but it really isn't, or is it just literally terribly written/acted?

I enjoyed the first two in-game seasons of NBA 2k15's story mode, for what it's worth.
It's just bad from a story perspective. Take out the bad acting. You also get to hear Spike talk a ton. It's better than before, but Spike attaching his name to it was a bad idea.

stn

Is the game more relaxed on easy? I'm a basketball nut but I don't always want to have to call a pick-and-roll every time I want my PG to create space.

d7vMl55.gif
Lmao

cHinzo

You are just surrounded by retarded people all around you. They keep yelling in every cutscene and you can't even make any choices in-game. :\ Just straight up lame. Skip till season 2 or get bored to death.

RS4-

Weird, instead of Jordan doing the mini loading stuff between menu transitions, now I've got Harden.

Tubobutts

I actually think the acting is decent. My problems are that the actual story isn't all that interesting or well written and that you as the player have no impact at all in the story and the story doesn't reflect anything you do. They constantly act like you're being presented with choices, but all of them, with the exception of picking a college, are made for you. You also have everybody in the story talking about how great you are, but when you start off, you are literally the lowest rated player in the NBA.

If they would let me, I would skip straight to the second season if I made a new character.

Man its so nice to play with Vince Carter in his prime, dat 99 vert and 99 dunk. Greatest in game dunker of all time right there

His videogame dunks have nothing on his IRL dunks. I haven't once seen Vince Carter in NBA 2K16 do anything like what he was doing in NBA games with the Raptors.

Can't do a one-handed perfect windmill in NBA 2K16, but he was doing perfect windmills easily in NBA games, especially on fast breaks when he was alone at the rim.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6904-1390196703-13.gif

That was easy for him.

Double pump reverse 180 plus in his rookie year plus bonus posterization of Alonzo Mourning while with the Nets:

CarterWindmillMourning_original.gif

His videogame counterpart couldn't do a non-360 one-hand windmill for his life. That was one of VC's many trademark dunks that he did in NBA games.

Charity game in Toronto windmill alley-oop off the backboard, no effort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYlhlu99P8

Weis, 'nuff said:

vcdunk3.gif

Alley oop thrown so far off, on purpose, it turned into the greatest alley-oop of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnz95vZn7ig

You can't do any of that even in a fantasy in a videogame, except maybe NBA Street. But even the NBA videogame simulations can't even keep up with vintage VC.

This is him at 38 years young:

CQKxI8IUwAAg_Xa.jpg

That's the same height the twenty-something year olds get.

Coppanuva

Heads up the mobile app is up on Google play. I didn't see it mentioned here yet, but you can get some vc pretty easily via it.

Anybody know if I can get drafted by the Atlanta Hawks? I saw on a stream that they are still announced as the 15th pick but That's obviously is the Wizards pick. I'm thinking about making an actual SF instead of a 6'7 PG. really want to make a lebron or kd type player but those speed caps tho

Clevinger

Anybody know if I can get drafted by the Atlanta Hawks? I saw on a stream that they are still announced as the 15th pick but That's obviously is the Wizards pick. I'm thinking about making an actual SF instead of a 6'7 PG. really want to make a lebron or kd type player but those speed caps tho

Drafting is kind of random. I put up really good stats and got drafted 13th by the Suns. But it doesn't really matter. After you play your rookie season, which is 8 games, and finish Spike Lee's story you enter free agency and you can go to the Hawks if you want.

Drafting is kind of random. I put up really good stats and got drafted 13th by the Suns. But it doesn't really matter. After you play your rookie season, which is 8 games, and finish Spike Lee's story you enter free agency and you can go to the Hawks if you want.

I've already played through the story mode, I'm just wondering if I can specifically get drafted by the Hawks even though in real life they did not have a draft pick last year.

Not sure if this a glitch or something, but a few of my friends with the Jordan edition have been able to play the game without the disc being in the console.(Xbox One version)

So why do the college cheerleaders look better than the NBA cheerleaders. I didn't even know the college segment had cheerleaders. Who did they facescan???

beasty

Well this is because everybody wants to hog the ball or are afraid someone else is going to do it too much

Only way to play those online modes is to play with friends. If you play with a bunch of strangers you are either gonna have to hog the ball to try to initiate some sort of offense or watch one dude do a fadeaway 3 pointer with 4 people guarding him every single time.

Yeah I'm starting my third season after vc glitching my second one, up above the 80 mark now, so time for rookie/12 min quarters and trying to figure out how to stamp some serious badges on my guy

Yeah I'm starting my third season after vc glitching my second one, up above the 80 mark now, so time for rookie/12 min quarters and trying to figure out how to stamp some serious badges on my guy

Can't find a great deal tbh though I did find out how to get posterizer, get 15 contact dunks in 1 season.

JohngPR

So I never got the 35k VC and 3 emerald packs that I was supposed to get with the PSN preorder. It's pretty aggravating especially with how little they give you in VC playing in mycareer. You have such a low overall score that you can't play well enough to rake in the VC...the drip of VC is painfully slow. :(

I'm not sure who to notify about this, 2K or PSN.

Making a new character is really annoying. Please don't do this again 2K. At least patch in an option to skip this joke of a story.

In other news, you can exploit the 1st year if you want to go ahead and set those career goal accolades and get them over with. It works since the game sort of use the games you play as a guideline for how you perform in the simulated game. I'm averaging 30/10/10 as a SF and have already set career goals lol.

Edit: Just won MVP. Got a cutscene for it. Still not starting lol. I wonder if I can win a championship even though I don't play all the games.

Justified

I was decent in HS, and College, got drafted 8th by the Pistions, but after you rookie year you can declare your interest. Hawks were like 20% interested in me as a Center, but I still was able to do a contract with them

Everyone is making PG's right now for My park. More than half of the guys I have seen are PG.

Come to Rivet City, its more even out

Is there a list of them or how to get them?

They are the same as last year, seems easier to get since they are not "glitched" like 2K15

demolitio

Everyone is making PG's right now for My park. More than half of the guys I have seen are PG.

Yea, I'm annoyed enough that I might have to create a new player. That's what I get for trying to create a player the same height as me and the position I used to play so I'm running with a 6'3" PG just to see a bunch of small players hoping to be 99 speed or in my friends case, he creates a SG that is smaller than my player. I don't get it.

MCee

Anybody with an accurate ps4 camera face scan have advice on how to get one?

I get anywhere from 12,000-19,000 reference points but the product never resembles me in the slightest outside of the lips.

zychi

Banned
Not sure if this a glitch or something, but a few of my friends with the Jordan edition have been able to play the game without the disc being in the console.(Xbox One version)
I asked about it last page and no one responded. I think the code unlocks the digital version. Im terrifed my account is going to get banned again because i played my buddy's copy. Ive lost two accounts to fucked up dlc issues (cod bo 2 season pass and halo mcc).

It's just bad from a story perspective. Take out the bad acting. You also get to hear Spike talk a ton. It's better than before, but Spike attaching his name to it was a bad idea.
I've got to disagree. I found the story to be a surprise. This is one of the best black families I've ever seen in a video game. I love the voice acting and mo-cap. It feels very authentic. It's like people I actually know. I came back to basketball games, and bought for Spike Lee, and I am not disappointed.

Side note: can someone explain defense to me? There's no auto target lock or a way to stick to your man when you're on defense? There's gotta be a button that lets you always hold on your adversary until you let go or he does a juke or something...?

His videogame dunks have nothing on his IRL dunks. I haven't once seen Vince Carter in NBA 2K16 do anything like what he was doing in NBA games with the Raptors.

Can't do a one-handed perfect windmill in NBA 2K16, but he was doing perfect windmills easily in NBA games, especially on fast breaks when he was alone at the rim.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6904-1390196703-13.gif

That was easy for him.

Double pump reverse 180 plus in his rookie year plus bonus posterization of Alonzo Mourning while with the Nets:

CarterWindmillMourning_original.gif

His videogame counterpart couldn't do a non-360 one-hand windmill for his life. That was one of VC's many trademark dunks that he did in NBA games.

Charity game in Toronto windmill alley-oop off the backboard, no effort: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tYlhlu99P8

Weis, 'nuff said:

vcdunk3.gif

Alley oop thrown so far off, on purpose, it turned into the greatest alley-oop of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnz95vZn7ig

You can't do any of that even in a fantasy in a videogame, except maybe NBA Street. But even the NBA videogame simulations can't even keep up with vintage VC.

This is him at 38 years young:

CQKxI8IUwAAg_Xa.jpg

That's the same height the twenty-something year olds get.

Beautiful post.

He's still our boy up here.

Pure awesomeness.

hold the left trigger for lock down defense but let go and follow when they do a juke/crossover

EDIT: BlackBanditSho

Anybody got any updates for a PC Patch? I've emailed 2k and still haven't gotten a response. I'm getting crashes no matter what mode I play. I have the recommended hardware and then some.

AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8GHZ With Radeon Graphics
8 GBs RAM
AMD Radeon 7900 series

mbmonk

I watch Vince dunk over wies every fourth of July. Vince Carter makes me proud to be an American.

Greatest in game dunk I have ever seen.

Everytime Freq does that dance, I wanna jump into the game and punch his face. Also, I can only assume one of two things happened with the story for this mycareer. Spike either doesn't respect videogames, figures they aren't worth his real time like movies so he half assed this for a paycheck. Or, 2K put a shitload of limitation or something on the story mode. I'm leaning towards the former. Doubt they would seek out Spike and put limitations on him. This story is cookie cutter as hell. I honestly feel like anyone else could've made a more compelling story than this predictable crap. Only thing I was surprised about was
Vic and Freq were involved in a murder
, even that was handled badly. Looked like this story belonged in a Tyler Perry movie.

Freq
really acting distraught over Vic dying. I wouldve been celebrating. Finally free of that burden.

Karish

The difference between good teams and bad in this game is STAGGERING. Too much IMO. I am new to this game but want to be good. Had been playing with my Pistons who are not good but IMO are not a joke, however they are unplayable in this game. UNPLAYABLE! Missed layups were a regular thing. Being blown out online by more than double was a guarantee.

I switch to Clippers and its night and day. People hit open shots! Missed layups are realistically rare. I still lost online but by 15, not 40!

It's too much...

stn

Questions before I buy. Please help!

1. Can you edit the accessories of real players?
2. Can you play franchise mode with fantasy draft on? Does the game create new rookies after the season ends?

Thanks!

Questions before I buy. Please help!

1. Can you edit the accessories of real players?
2. Can you play franchise mode with fantasy draft on? Does the game create new rookies after the season ends?

Thanks!
1 - Not sure, as I haven't tried.
2 - Yes and Yes!

What's generally the best website to check for when Locker Codes are released?

BlindRage

Yeah it works. It's weird because when I put the code in it said " 2k16 Jordan special edition" then downloaded the whole game. So idk

Z3M0G

So do you need to start your Career in "Offline Mode" in this one to avoid losing progress when they shut down the servers in the next couple years?

It sounds like this could easily be someones final Basket Ball game of the generation... I doubt the next ones will improve much beyond this.

Top Bottom