• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K16 |OT| This Time With Less Cheese

IMACOMPUTA

It's entirely possible that I overlooked it (probable) but my only concern was that out makes you skip an off day, that is something I don't want to do as I'm trying to max this point guard I have out.
Sounds like you should do the second character trick then. I'm trying this when I get home.

So the stimulus package glitch side work at some point but it's patched out now. And now some of you are saying I can sim MyPlayer games and get VC? Sounds way faster than leaving myleague games on.

BroBot

It's entirely possible that I overlooked it (probable) but my only concern was that out makes you skip an off day, that is something I don't want to do as I'm trying to max this point guard I have out.

Yeah, I don't want to skip days either, that is why I created a separate MyCareer file just for simulating games, then I spend those earned VC in my main MyCareer file. Works great for me.

Fjordson

Started over my career as a point guard and managed to go up one spot in the draft and get picked by the Knicks. New big three with me, Melo and Porzingis.

I tried out shooting guard, but eh. Gonna stick with point guard like every year. It's just more fun to always be handling the ball and running the offense / calling plays.

cHinzo

Anyone have the game on an ssd? How's the loading time compared to an hhd?

It's really great. I had an awful time playing it from my HDD. Lots of slowdowns, everything loaded slow as fck and a stuttering game. It runs really smooth now and the loading times are short. With so many loading screens it's recommended imo to put the game on an SSD.

IMG_4688_zps5avkxvyq.jpg

Got Marc Gasol out of the lowest priced pack!!!! Finally some real firepower.

jmizzal

2K firing shots at EA lmao

93J4zoH.jpg

2K needs to spend for time getting a working Pro AM, at least NBA live has a great pro am mode

Its ridiculous its after launch and Pro AM is still broken, how can anybody review the game seriously and they cant even play one of the main modes

Soupy

Banned
Question for anyone who has been playing in MyPark.

I have a center that is max height of 7'3 and 320 Pounds, yet there are still people in MyPark who look taller and bigger than me.

How is that possible??

Z3M0G

Do you see anything more of the cheerleaders than the half-time show? Is it always the same routine that they perform?

7-10 hours in NBA myteam and my best player so far is Tobias Harris ):
Damn! I got Blake Griffin,Dwight Howard,Al Horford and Greg Monroe from a 60,000 VC pack opening today .And I just got John Wall,Deande Jordan,and Andrew Wiggins from Mycareer.

Question for anyone who has been playing in MyPark.

I have a center that is max height of 7'3 and 320 Pounds, yet there are still people in MyPark who look taller and bigger than me.

How is that possible??
demigod glitch??

charsace

Does anyone know what the advantage is of making a sg rather than a pg? I made a sg and am kind of regretting it since a pg seems to be better.

Zukkoyaki

I personally like shooting guard for two reasons:

- There aren't as many good shooting guards in the NBA and since I'm not that great at these games, it's nice not to get lit up by an all-star level player every game.

- I know this is weird for 2K players but I have fun playing off ball. I just set screens and run around, cutting like a mad man. They toss me the ball and I quickly lay it in or throw up a quick mid range jumper and it's money like 75% of the time.

demolitio

Does anyone know what the advantage is of making a sg rather than a pg? I made a sg and am kind of regretting it since a pg seems to be better.

The average height of a SG is 6'5" or so compared to PG's who are 6'3" or under usually so you get a height advantage and have an easier time dunking, posting up, etc. with the wider range of height and weight. In previous years, I had an easier time being a 3pt. shooter as a SG since I can set the shot up off-ball and set screens and have the freedom to do what I want without having to be the floor general like a PG has to.

You have to facilitate more at PG and it's harder to create your own shot at long-range. SG can still play like a PG anyway like Harden. I feel like you can specialize more as a SG compared to a PG who has to be good at a wider range of things to be successful.

In terms of actual MyCareer games, you can easily score more as a SG than PG in the beginning when your rating is low in my opinion.

The PG position has changed quite a bit over the past few years but the SG is still the usual 3-pt. shooter on the team and can do quite a bit on offense. Also, not having to guard the opposing PG is nice since Kyrie keeps trying to cross me up and Curry tries to rain threes on me... :p

Karish

So. Many. Missed. Layups.

Why? Am I having a worse time with this game vs people online than I should because I'm playing as the Pistons? :/

Bought $10 of vc yesterday then discovered that my career glitch and did it for an hour and a half. Up to a 78, decent , hopefully I can slam a little more tonight before they patch it to close the gap between me and all the 99s running around online...

Karish

I have a still in wrap Jordan edition of this I was gifted after already purchasing. PM me if you're interested
(Xbox one)

FlipCup

Neo Member
Bought $10 of vc yesterday then discovered that my career glitch and did it for an hour and a half. Up to a 78, decent , hopefully I can slam a little more tonight before they patch it to close the gap between me and all the 99s running around online...

What glitch is this? Is this the simming the seasons where you still get VC?

What glitch is this? Is this the simming the seasons where you still get VC?
Just entering my career games and quitting them immediately. Sure I'm wasting a season of play but I have a whole career to do the training things and increase my max points so I don't see that as an issue. You could open up a sub account but then you'd have to do the hs and college again and I don't see a reason to bother

FlipCup

Neo Member
Just entering my career games and quitting them immediately. Sure I'm wasting a season of play but I have a whole career to do the training things and increase my max points so I don't see that as an issue. You could open up a sub account but then you'd have to do the hs and college again and I don't see a reason to bother

Part of me wishes this wasn't possible as everyone can get up to that 99 easily :-(. No point in grinding.

Justified

I want to do it, but dont want to botch my Badge progress siming games

I want to do it, but dont want to botch my Badge progress siming games
Can't I just earn the badges in season 3 and beyond though?

My line of thinking is that getting a bunch of vc right now is gonna make my park experience much more fun over the next month versus getting a couple badges and very low amount of vc from actually playing lol, figure it makes more sense to play catchup on training max abilities and badges after I'm nearing the soft caps. So many hackers on PC!

Coppanuva

Part of me wishes this wasn't possible as everyone can get up to that 99 easily :-(. No point in grinding.

Eh, I guess. I'm just going to make my character the way I want and not abuse this glitch. I'll be better at the game and win that way, more rewarding.

Yeah I don't care about the career mode honesty I just use the mode so I can play on the park with my friends, I can beat some 99s but if they're at your skill level you're boned if there's such a huge gap in in game abilities

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is it possible to use the default voice actor's face in MC? Player Creation is terrible as expected and since the story is linear and scripted I'd rather stick with the premade face

Justified

Thats understandable but you actually playstyle/user skill is actually king. I was 87 the whole time in 2K15, and held my own the entire time

Clevinger

I'm getting a kick outta some of the mycareer stuff. Larry Sanders came out of retirement and went back to the Bucks. Pau Gasol went back to the Lakers. Josh Smith went back to the Pistons.

It's the year(s) of forgiveness.

edit: Batum's back on the Blazers

Fjordson

I'm getting a kick outta some of the mycareer stuff. Larry Sanders came out of retirement and went back to the Bucks. Pau Gasol went back to the Lakers. Josh Smith went back to the Pistons.

It's the year(s) of forgiveness.

edit: Batum's back on the Blazers
This kinda thing is always one of my favorite parts of My Career lol. In my second season of 2K15's my career Lebron went to the Lakers as did Goran Dragic.

Z3M0G

So how often do you see story scenes between games? (the more the better)

Do you see a lot of repeat scenes like in '14?

Is there an "end" to the story?

Coppanuva

So how often do you see story scenes between games? (the more the better)

Do you see a lot of repeat scenes like in '14?

Is there an "end" to the story?

In the first "season" you see a scene about once every game (8 games this season). Through High School you see a short scene every game (I think it's just 3 games then, maybe only 2), and college you play all 4 games without seeing any (except after the last game).

The story scenes stop after the first season, then you get some snippets of a story in post-game pressers every couple of games. I think I played like 20 in Season 2, and only had 2 conferences.

Do you guys think player movement during dead ball situations are a little jerky?
That replays go a little too fast?

Also I keep hearing about how cool the little things are in this game, When do you see them? I don't see Steph Curry taking his mouth piece out, I don't see a lot of little cool things. What am I doing to miss this stuff?

Do you guys think player movement during dead ball situations are a little jerky?
That replays go a little too fast?

Also I keep hearing about hopw cool the little things are in this game, When do you see them? I don't see Steph Curry taking his mouth piece out, I don't see a lot of little cool things. What am I doing to miss this stuff?

Steph does that during free throws. I don't really watch the NBA enough to notice other, player specific things. Oh and Kobe is a jerk lol.

zychi

Banned
Can someone who bought the physical version of Jordan edition on X1 do me a favor? Take the disc out, and try and open the game. Does it load? Or does it tell you you need the disc?

Thanks

Is there a PS4 league at all?

There's always been a league, but 2k has been being 2k for the last few years and it's never worked out. Plus the guy above me is right, most of us are park guys now. Also, the guy who has usually started the leagues is a very good 2k player, but unfortunately when it gets tight, he does little cheap shit (like putting his SF at PG so you have to spend 1-2 possessions figuring out why your PG is guarding his SF and then are forced to call a TO to adjust) so I don't think anybody is interested in putting up with that.

Ferny

There's always been a league, but 2k has been being 2k for the last few years and it's never worked out. Plus the guy above me is right, most of us are park guys now. Also, the guy who has usually started the leagues is a very good 2k player, but unfortunately when it gets tight, he does little cheap shit (like putting his SF at PG so you have to spend 1-2 possessions figuring out why your PG is guarding his SF and then are forced to call a TO to adjust) so I don't think anybody is interested in putting up with that.

d7vMl55.gif

Top Bottom