• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K17 Presents: The Prelude

Sweet, pretty cool that we get to play around with the player creator. Looks like I won't be able to make any KD type player tho (in the sense that he's actually 7' ft) Will probably roll as PG as always. Hate no having the ball in my hands as it's super annoying trying to get the ball early on in my career. Getting penalized for calling for the ball when you're open is stupid.

Tempted to preorder digitally, only for the sake of having it up and ready at midnight but last time, getting the game digitally was super frustrating and a mess. Constant crashes to the point where the game was unplayable. It could've just been my PlayStation. I bought a new one for 2K, it was that bad lol.

I would order off Best Buy...but yeah. I guess I'm going to have to take a look at my work schedule.

Justified

Now I want to see the President of Basketball VS The Mayor of Earth

HmIVm3r.jpg
73TTvDS.jpg

Lolol wow. I am just seeing this for the first time. I just skipped all the videos because of how terrible they were. That whole first year in career was so dumb. What w waste of time and money for them.
It was worth it for the Super Best Friends LP.

That is literally the only reason I kind of want Spike Lee to come back and do another storymode for this franchise. He's the David Cage of black writer/directors.

Interested to see how these archetypes play out. Is 2K really trying to have so I can't make a freaking Terrence Ross/Gerald Green type player? Athletic 3 pointer with the posterizer ability? these aren't even superstars lol. Can't have everything I guess.

abuC

Sweet, pretty cool that we get to play around with the player creator. Looks like I won't be able to make any KD type player tho (in the sense that he's actually 7' ft) Will probably roll as PG as always. Hate no having the ball in my hands as it's super annoying trying to get the ball early on in my career. Getting penalized for calling for the ball when you're open is stupid.

Tempted to preorder digitally, only for the sake of having it up and ready at midnight but last time, getting the game digitally was super frustrating and a mess. Constant crashes to the point where the game was unplayable. It could've just been my PlayStation. I bought a new one for 2K, it was that bad lol.

I would order off Best Buy...but yeah. I guess I'm going to have to take a look at my work schedule.

6'7" Power Forward for me, speed kills.

jmizzal

oh wow nice, glad college is back too

And they have point foward nice guess im making a SF again was gonna go center

This also gives me a chance to change my position before launch if I dont like it and havent used up all my preorder VC lol

ViciousDS

Banned
Just saw this.....it's basically a free demo and that's really badass.

Also they fixed wingspan hahaha the higher the wingspan the worst your shot is. No more freaks of nature shooting crazy as hell

SlickVic

Haven't played the career mode for many years. Did they let you play college games before? That'd be pretty neat if you get to play a couple college games, including the title game, as part of it.

jmizzal

Haven't played the career mode for many years. Did they let you play college games before? That'd be pretty neat if you get to play a couple college games, including the title game, as part of it.

Yup last year you could play a few High School games and college games, glad its back this year, I hope they add more colleges

styl3s

Hate or love the stories the NBA 2K does i enjoy them and it makes me wish 2K still had the rights to make NFL games i would love to have a NFL game with a decent single player. Franchise mode in Madden is mediocre at best.

Mortemis

Banned
Yo FUCK Frequency Vibrations. Hated that shit, and honestly made me give up on mycareer. Let's hope this is good. I'm glad we get to customize our character's attributes before we start (at least it looks like that).

We can use our phones this year. 😀
Fuuuuck yeah.

Sandfox

According to Ronnie2k this will be going up at midnight est worldwide. The companion app that will let you scan your face comes out today, but you won't be able to see the scans until The Prelude is out.

According to Ronnie2k this will be going up at midnight est worldwide. The companion app that will let you scan your face comes out today, but you won't be able to see the scans until The Prelude is out.
Also it's one playthrough per gamer tag, which is stupid af.

Brinbe

Seriously makes no sense to limit to one playthrough since people are just gonna be adjusting to the controls/gameplay. Everyone's probably just gonna create a dozen dummy accounts anyway to get around it smh

red731

Just a shower, face scanning thought -
Try and find your face as a fan on a tribune in next NBA game.

Can't wait to get home and try it. ps+ offering of 16' was awesome.

Seriously makes no sense to limit to one playthrough since people are just gonna be adjusting to the controls/gameplay. Everyone's probably just gonna create a dozen dummy accounts anyway to get around it smh
The whole marketing cycle for this year was really shady, I'm still getting it but something just don't seem right.

jmizzal

sweet, will get it downloaded and play when I get off work tomorrow

One play through? You can't be serious.

I like to try different positions with weight and height variations this is incredibly disappointing.

I'm guessing certain attributes will be capped once again to help preserve online balance which is annoying as I don't give two shits about online.

Was tempted to skip this year but then I heard about the prelude I was optimistic, guess that was just false hope.

Sandfox

I might try the face scan this year and despite it being similar to what I've used it in the past, I'm going with the shot creator PG.

One play through? You can't be serious.

I like to try different positions with weight and height variations this is incredibly disappointing.

I'm guessing certain attributes will be capped once again to help preserve online balance which is annoying as I don't give two shits about online.

Was tempted to skip this year but then I heard about the prelude I was optimistic, guess that was just false hope.

I mean, this is just the demo. You can create as many guys as you want once the real game comes out in like a week...

ViciousDS

Banned

sounds like I need to play this with my dummy account first before attempting my real one.

Bravoexo

I bet that unstoppable dribble turn around towards the baseline for a turnover is still in there. And probably the return of the ridiculous pass to the rafters bug will again make its appearance before its patched up.

Sandfox

I bet that unstoppable dribble turn around towards the baseline for a turnover is still in there. And probably the return of the ridiculous pass to the rafters bug will again make its appearance before its patched up.
They changed how dribble moves work for this game.

pislit

Anyone played NBA 2K with a Steam Controller? Is it fine? Also, what does this dribble change with the controller?

2k is charging Vc for everything. Even basic crossovers. It's also going to take about 250k Vc to max out your player. That's not including your dribble animations. Jump shots are safe, they're just like normal.

Sony didn't put it up in the US for some reason and 2k has sent them an email with no response so far.

Grace Chen time.

rainz

Using Smartglass app to start the download while Im at work..Cmon..please please let me have enough room that it is ready to go when i get home in a couple hours!

Don't actually care for the story/my player stuff but as a hardcore 2k head I will take any gameplay I can get!

Top Bottom