• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Live 2005 videos (Dunk contest, 3-point contest, etc)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hmmm....ending the video with T-Mac? Is he going to be the coverboy? I hope not because that EA Curse is no joke.

DMczaf

dskillzhtown said:
Hmmm....ending the video with T-Mac? Is he going to be the coverboy? I hope not because that EA Curse is no joke.

No, its Carmelo :)

T-Mac and Yao wont let anything stand in their way this season, not even NBA Live!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit that looks sweet :D All they need to do is fix the rims and net,but dammmmmmn I want this game now.

Shinobi

Heh, some of those dunks look cheesey as hell. I hope you can do VC's ridiculous reverse 360 windmill dunk, which is easily the best and most difficult dunk I've ever seen.

DMczaf

Gamespot also has new hands-on impressions

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/nbalive2005/preview_6102789.html

We finished out our extensive hands-on gameplay by playing a half of the regular basketball game. EA has included an all-new graphics engine with improved player faces, and an upgrade to the lighting engine. Even at this early stage, the game is looking very sharp, and additional new animations have also been included. Much to our relief, one of these new animations is a soft lob into the post; to be sure, there are a good number of new passing and defensive animations.

One of the biggest improvements to the gameplay is added defense against the jump stop maneuver. Veterans of last year's game may remember that the jump stop (or pro hop) was oftentimes just a free pass to a dunk, as it allowed you to push back a defender and give you great position under the basket. This time around, if you don't aim your hop into an open space, you'll lose control of the ball and turn it over, or simply get it stripped. You may also get tagged with an offensive foul if you run over a defender with your hop. Rounding out the list of new changes is added control over offensive rebounds. Instead of having no control over whether your player attempts a tip in, putback dunk, or just pulls down the board, you can now use three different buttons to crash the glass. Press the dunk/layup button to try a putback dunk. Hit the shoot button to try a tip in. Or just press jump and pull down the rebound.

Top Bottom