• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs 2019-2020 |OT|

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I know Dwight Gordon is old, but anyone know why they barely play him?

Going strictly off stats in his limited minutes, it looks like he still puts up good stats.

I didn't know until checking and reading articles Kuzma is now a 6th man. Make him a starter. Him, James and AD would be an awesome stacked front line. Go with it.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Nukic looking like a lost little girl entire game so far

LAL bigs are taking care of their share big time

+ KCP cannot miss right now

Cutty Flam

Banned
rockets man! Harden needs a shiny ring!
Can't wait to see them play in the Western Conference Semifinals versus most likely the Lakers. I saw a lot of emotion from Lillard. As bad as it may seem or feel, it's only a finger and he can roll with it. Surprised he was so pissed tbh. But Lillard's game will need to be adjusted accordingly w/ the left index finger dislocation, might cost some efficiency or maybe it affects him very little. But McCollum is playing with a non-displaced L3 transverse process fracture in his back. That has to be extremely painful. Not sure if he can manage a stellar performance 4 games or more, which what they'll need from him since I doubt Nurkic is going to show up every game. Can't just be Damian Lillard out there making plays, and now he's hurt. Someone needs to step up if AD is going to continue to be this aggressive, and LeBron this balanced feeding the rest of the squad perfect looks like in game 2

So my guess is that Portland will probably fail to respond and it'll cost them. Lakers vs Rockets will be something to see. The team with the biggest dudes on the floor versus the squad that went all in with run and gun three ball all day. I can't wait to see it, assuming the Lakers can keep momentum and eventually knock the Blazers out of the first rd

Harden will probably shoot like never before despite any pressure thrown at him this postseason

Horrible from the Clippers. Flabbergasted Clips can't make simple plays to get Porzingis out of the paint. If you're Kawhi or George, put everyone in the corners, call for a pick and go at Porzigis again and again if he's going to be shading and zoning the paint. Like Kobe would do to Duncan... go at him hard, again, and again, and again.

bender

What time is it?
Good fight from the Mavs. Hopefully this is Luka's "MJ getting battered by the Pistons" moment. He really needs to work on his body to be able to handle the rigor of an NBA Season/Playoffs. Feels like he's been nicked up all of this season.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Good fight from the Mavs. Hopefully this is Luka's "MJ getting battered by the Pistons" moment. He really needs to work on his body to be able to handle the rigor of an NBA Season/Playoffs. Feels like he's been nicked up all of this season.
I noticed it too and I don’t even catch many Mavs games throughout the season. He needs to take care of some things if he wants to last with his level of play. NBA players take a hell of a beating all season long. Need to be able to withstand that and understand that he doesn’t need to do everything himself. His teammates are starting to grow into their own I’m seeing. They can win next game without Luka as long as Kristaps steps up, Curry gets decent looks, THJ keeps taking good shots. They’re playing tough ball, it’s just that Clippers couldn’t miss tonight

bender

What time is it?
I noticed it too and I don’t even catch many Mavs games throughout the season. He needs to take care of some things if he wants to last with his level of play. NBA players take a hell of a beating all season long. Need to be able to withstand that and understand that he doesn’t need to do everything himself. His teammates are starting to grow into their own I’m seeing. They can win next game without Luka as long as Kristaps steps up, Curry gets decent looks, THJ keeps taking good shots. They’re playing tough ball, it’s just that Clippers couldn’t miss tonight

I'm not giving up and this is great experience for the team, but the team has a lot of work to do.

-Luka needs to work on his body.
-Luka needs to become an 85% free throw shooter.
-Luka might need to give up on that step back three and start taking better three point looks all together (his shooting this season is awful)
-KP has been awesome, but he really needs to develop a go to move closer to the basket for when his jumper isn't falling.
-We need a veteran with toughness. An Antonio Daniels/Charles Oakley type that provides leadership and toughness on the floor. One of the Morris brothers would have been perfect for this team.
-We need to ditch Delon Wright (I'm sure both sides want to move on at this point)
-We need to find gold in the draft this year. It's our only pick and future picks are going to be even deeper in the draft.

Hopefully recruiting gets easier for the Mavs with the core in place, but I'll believe it when I see it. MBT has so many misses since 2011 that it's almost impressive and you just know they want max cap space for the summer of Giannis. That also means we probably don't upgrade a lot next year.

Such a great player. I have a friend who was heavy into Deandre Ayton was the best player of the draft and that Luka was a reach and not lying here, I said from the start that Luka was the promised Euro and he should go first overall and might have been the best prospect since Lebron or at least Anthony Davis. He does everything so well (well, except defense, but that will come with experience). I still give my friend so much shit for that.

Seriously, if his name was LaMario Ball there would have been no question who would have been the top pick that year.

Hinedorf

Banned
Speaking of LaMelo, I think he's going to be a good NBA player. I'd actually love Lonzo on the Mavs.

Lonzo is trash. I have a Lakers Lonzo Ball Jersey it's something I wear with shame. I told myself going into season 3 with the Pelicans Lonzo was going to shock the world and prove the Lakers screwed up keeping Kuzma.

Then the play-in games happened and Lonzo turned the ball over constantly and couldn't make a shot and consistently deferred on wide open looks because he was missing so steadily.

I'm still rooting for him because....well because I'm stupid. If Lonzo was going to change from being too passive and unable to shoot it would've shown by now.

bender

What time is it?
Lonzo is trash. I have a Lakers Lonzo Ball Jersey it's something I wear with shame. I told myself going into season 3 with the Pelicans Lonzo was going to shock the world and prove the Lakers screwed up keeping Kuzma.

Then the play-in games happened and Lonzo turned the ball over constantly and couldn't make a shot and consistently deferred on wide open looks because he was missing so steadily.

I'm still rooting for him because....well because I'm stupid. If Lonzo was going to change from being too passive and unable to shoot it would've shown by now.

I'm hoping to have him as a 3&D reclamation project.

Speaking of LaMelo, I think he's going to be a good NBA player. I'd actually love Lonzo on the Mavs.

I've seen some tape with LaMelo and I don't see it just as I didn't see with Lonzo. Borked shot, lanky and slow, no plus skill other than playmaking. He could be great and Lonzo is borderline useful, I just think that whole family is only notorious for the Big Ball Bullshit.

Speaking of LaVar, Orlando getting absolutely SONNED right now for having the audacity of taking game 1.

bender

What time is it?
I've seen some tape with LaMelo and I don't see it just as I didn't see with Lonzo. Borked shot, lanky and slow, no plus skill other than playmaking. He could be great and Lonzo is borderline useful, I just think that whole family is only notorious for the Big Ball Bullshit.

Speaking of LaVar, Orlando getting absolutely SONNED right now for having the audacity of taking game 1.

I guess I just root for Lonzo and LaMelo because their father seemed so determined to fuck their professional lives up.

I guess I just root for Lonzo and LaMelo because their father seemed so determined to fuck their professional lives up.

That's really not a bad way to look at it, however it also came with the benefit of them being more notorious then they should have been and hence overrated as prospects.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Lonzo is a great kid. He can be a part of a championship run one day

Not sure ablout LaMelo, but he’s out there going for it so maybe he’ll thrive in the NBA once he’s drafted

Their pops is annoying, but they did something right to guide him all the way to the NBA. LaVar may talk a big game, annoying, he and his wife are alright in my book

Cutty Flam

Banned
Theyre putting up a decent fight right now. Still gonna lose though.
It’s unfortunate that Aaron Gordan and Jonathan Isaac aren’t healthy enough to play. They would have made this an infinitely better series. Tough two dudes to lose out there. They would have caused some problems for Milwaukee’s front court

Cutty Flam

Banned
What a rookie mistake by Oladipo. Why in the fuck would you foul out of frustration and gift the Heat two free throws? Fuck

There was still time to get a stop, hit a three and then force the Heat to hit free throws, make an attempt to tie or even win...

Nate McMillan looked pretty upset

Last edited:
Top Bottom