• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10: Videogame Scam of the Year - post#476 you gotta be KIDDING

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ph33nix said:
The only thing that would make things right is if Mike Wang posted in here and assured us things will be ok next year.

But that's not going to happen.
How many times can you go through that though? The things that have happened with their BB game are enough to break ties and just leave that brand. I'm sure there are some genuine hard workers there but what in the infrastructure is preventing them from making a quality BB game.

Smokey

Purexed said:
Sorry to hear that fellas, I'm glad I didn't rejoin the party now that this BS has happened. And yall thought I was crazy for trying to get a Live league going!

Live didn't even have OT in the game man..

plus generally 2k has been a lot better with online play than live (until 2k10 i guess). i dunno, 2k9 didn't have near the amount of shit messed up like this.

i'm just pissed that we spent all that time playing, doing trades etc and something basic like you know having the PLAYOFFS work is irritating as fuck.

actually this who debacle with this game irritates me.

:/

pilonv1

The fact that these issues are happening aren't bothering me as much as they keep happening, there's no communication and then they basically deny there was an issue in the first place.

Like resetting rosters is going to make up for the month+ that we wasted playing this league.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
pilonv1 said:
The fact that these issues are happening aren't bothering me as much as they keep happening, there's no communication and then they basically deny there was an issue in the first place.

Like resetting rosters is going to make up for the month+ that we wasted playing this league.
LOL nice av. You should add him in a cop uniform and/or as a refferee into the rotation.

Purexed

Banned
Smokey said:
Live didn't even have OT in the game man..

plus generally 2k has been a lot better with online play than live (until 2k10 i guess). i dunno, 2k9 didn't have near the amount of shit messed up like this.

i'm just pissed that we spent all that time playing, doing trades etc and something basic like you know having the PLAYOFFS work is irritating as fuck.

actually this who debacle with this game irritates me.

:/
Cmon Smoke, you can't act so surprised. I called half the junk you're currently dealing with, months before launch. Not to start a war, but it's abundantly clear what was the better b-ball game. Having a laundry list of features doesn't matter when half of them don't work or are fundamentally flawed.

it's time for you to LIVE your life in 2011! ;)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Guys this Wang dude Im sure is good at his job, but hes not gonna fix the awfulk fucking netcode, nor is he going to make a UI design that doesnt suck, nor is he going to fix bugs. His area is to innovate and add gameplay elements ... and 2k10 for all its flaws already plays well.

The difference maker here is not one person, its the size of the team, the budget, the timeframe ... unless THOSE things change, then were headed for a similar situation in 2k11

The only thing to hope for is that when they make a new engine they dont fuck it up. The problems in the game now are inherent to this still running on a beefed up PS2 engine, unless they start fresh all theyre doing is patching leaks, not the source of the problem.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Exactly, so might as well forget about it till next-gen and cross fingers.

Dreohboy

Am I the only guy happily playing an association of NBA2k10 on the PC? It looks a shitload better than the PS3 version.

I don't have a problem with the game at all...YET.

I'm only 8 game into my association though.

pilonv1

Association is largely fine, and has been from launch. My Player and Online have been plagued with problems since day one, and evidently Online is still virtually useless.

aznpxdd

Fuck 2K, seriously.

All the fucking months spent playing games and all the trades for nothing.

Leauge DOESN'T WORK.
Crew mode DOESN'T WORK.

They haven't fixed SHIT since release.

Scam artists.

daw840

Yeah, this really grinds my gears. One sports game where I actually make the playoffs here on GAF and then it does this shit. Fuck. 2k.

At least I bought the game used from GS. Only spent lik 30 bucks. Makes it sting a little less.

I really like this game offline despite the flaws, BUT

been trying to get a platinum on this game... i'm currently at 78%, and the fact that i live in Brazil (bad ping with servers + the fact that 2k10 is broken online has made this almost an impossible mission.

I played some before the patch, my records (would be 3-1) werenot scored, and after the patch everytime i feel like going after those online trophies i just can't even finish a single game.

The lobbies and menus on this game are a clusterfuck, you can't find anything without breaking your head, the top guys "playing" online are still a bunch of motherfucking cheesers and those team up games never start.

Anybody got a platinum/all achievements on this one?

I don't think i will have enought time for 20 ranked wins trophy or 5 win streak trophy...

For example, i had to play it for two days to get the bugged secret dunk-off trophy, because the challenger would never appear for me.

I hope Wang helps them, but i feel they need to split them into two teams, one to just keep going with this, and the other working on a brand new current gen engine/netcode.

Potential is there, let's cross out fingers for 2k11.

pilonv1 said:
I think most of the 2k guys are fine. Ronnie is the only one whos a fucking lair, as evidenced by him trolling The Show on OpSports

:lol :lol :lol

How can you troll a game that has had 2 patches put out within weeks after release when your shit products can barely get one out. MLB 2k needed a patch to add a check swing for fucks sake.

charsace said:
Done with 2k once again. Weeks of league games and trades down the drain. a 20-10 league record down the shitter for me personally.
332cchs.jpg
damn.

I gave my copy of 2K10 away.
It got to a point I was able to score 100+ points with LeBron alone and I realized just how broken of a basketball game it was.

Then I tried to score nothing but 3 pointers. 150-48 game later (against the Suns)

This isn't on rookie difficulty either. It's just spotty ass design. Sometimes the defense won't let you anywhere close to the basket, then others it's all open lanes.

Looks nice, but plays like shit.

I've been playing team up almost every day. I would estimate it at 1 out of probably every 10 games work, meaning: 10 people actually join and ready up, the game starts and doesn't freeze in the matchup screen, players don't drop at the tip off, the game doesn't lag out and finalize on the tip off, the game doesn't constantly lag ("WAITING FOR OPPONENT (34...)", and atleast 5 players stay until the end.

It's such a good game when everything goes smooth though.

The thing that bothers me the most is that it feels so fragile. Like, any player, at any time, for any reason, can fuck up the connection. Lots of players do standby type of things too; like stuttering the connection during free throws and such.

You can still get a 1 on 1 at pretty much any time you like and play someone though.

Just a heads up for Team Up- you should always make sure you are going through NBA Today pickup games. Otherwise there is a chance that you are not connected through 2k sports and will be matched up only with guys who don't have living rosters.

ecnal

should have never even started the league given the myriad of problems that were already being encountered.

and didn't Ronnie2K guarantee that leagues were working after this last patch?

the most annoying thing about all of this is the arrogance that 2K exudes; like when Ronnie2K was shamelessly plugging all the ways that you can integrate/advertise your 2K league through social media websites even though the SHIT DIDNT EVEN WORK.

fuck you 2K. basketball sims are officially dead. RIP. :(

Tried to play online once again, spent 30 minutes trying to play a ranked match or a pick up team game.

Couldn't do it. Over 16k players online, but nothing.

I'm on a 4mb/400kb connection and i play other online games just fine.

I guess since i live in Brazil the 2K server automatically blocks my attempts of connecting, due to a bad ping.

I mean, they don't even give me an option to try different players on ranked matches... like their system of randomness is preventing cheesing:lol :lol :lol

Bunch of fucktards, we should get our money back, or at least i should get a clear message: "online mode does not work outside the United States".

I guess i have to give up on my chase for a platinum on this one. Online trophies are not going to happen.

R.I.P NBA videogames.

:(

kamspy

My league plays old school.

Pen and paper stat tracking and scheduling. It's a hassle, but it works.

Just a thought fellas. I know it's 2010 and it's not what you payed $60 for, and I'm not defending 2K at all, just a thought.

It was actually thanks to this thread that we decided to do our league "home made" and just keep everything on a spread sheet.

Take2/2K is the worst publisher in gaming when it comes to support.

ecnal

not going to happen in the GAF league.

we bailed out of a live 10 season because you had to track stats manually.

personally, i'd much rather play in a fantasy league (somewhat diminishing the desire to trade) or just play without trades; those methods supposedly work.

it's just a complete and utter joke that league play completely breaks if trades are made. this error essentially makes the entire league function worthless because you could do, as you suggested, manual stat tracking/scheduling with stock roster teams without the league function(s). if i can't choose my favorite NBA franchise and play GM alongside other real people online, what the fuck is the point of league play?

leagues are literally worthless, there is no point to use that function unless you do a fantasy draft--and we're not even entirely sure that even works. the only true method of success is to play without trades; effectually making the league function(s) completely worthless.

Future

The sad thing is that only the hardcore community knows it sucks. Reviewers should really go back and adjust scores, because this really is a joke. I came into this thread expecting good news after patch, and low and behold another game breaking bug.

The dev really has no incentive to improve things as long as it keeps selling. Maybe If it was universally panned by critics then that would make a difference

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Future said:
The sad thing is that only the hardcore community knows it sucks. Reviewers should really go back and adjust scores, because this really is a joke. I came into this thread expecting good news after patch, and low and behold another game breaking bug.

The dev really has no incentive to improve things as long as it keeps selling. Maybe If it was universally panned by critics then that would make a difference

i don't think the 2k crowd reads gaming reviews too often. I'm just hoping the proof is in the pudding and people won't buy it next year based on this steaming pile. But what i'm really hoping for is a complete rehaul of Live much like EA Canada did with FIFA. Thats what will really shake this game up. Although if it turns out as good as FIFA did a year or two after it's rehaul..fuck a nba 2k.

pilonv1

Haunted said:
How did this game get a 85/83/82 average on Metacritic if it's such a broken pos?

Association is fine bug wise, and has some fantastic additions. My player bugs took a week or two to be found and probably wouldn't be something the press would look for (clone bug, minutes per game etc). Online probably worked since there would have been virtually no one on the servers.

I wish College Hoops 2k8 had online legacy mode. I'd never put it down. I can get into NCAA Football recruiting, but it's not like hoops recruiting :(

Top Bottom