• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC/Hart Poll: Trump's job approval at 44 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Less than half of Americans approve of President Donald Trump's performance in office so far, according to a new NBC/Wall Street Journal poll published Sunday.

A total of 44 percent approve of Trump's performance as president, according to the poll, with 48 percent saying they disapprove and 8 percent unsure.

In the poll, which was conducted Feb. 18-22, 32 percent said that the president's first month in office demonstrates he is not up to the job.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-polls-235407

https://www.scribd.com/document/340335355/17057-NBCWSJ-February-Poll

Ithil

Too-Damn-High.jpg

gcubed

8% unsure are the rich white folks who really want tax cuts and waiting for them to wash away their tacit approval of racism

I mean, has he actually done anything yet?

Obama was slow to react to the Dakota access pipeline so it seems that when Trump allowed it to push forward everyone stop caring immediately.

The Muslim ban was stopped by a federal courts.

So far this Administration is just a cabinet circus.

Yawn.

hairygreenpeas

Neo Member
Will echo the previous posters and say that, yes, 44% is indeed still too high. Was expecting something in the 30s lol. Oh, America...!

Boke1879

While I do think this is too damn high. Isn't this the lowest it's been for a President at this point in office? But at this point we just gotta keep protesting, and going out the these town halls and putting them to the fire.

Also getting out to vote.

Ryan Grim
@ryangrim
Not only did Dems hold the Senate in Delaware today, turnout was roughly double a normal special election. Trump has made nothing normal.

This was a blowout. I think in 2014 we only won by two points. This time we won by damn near 20.

John Lovett
@jlove1982
This is part 1. If Ossoff wins in GA-06, then D recruitment will go stratospheric and Rs can start worrying re: House.

We gotta win GA-06.

Nipo

the economy is humming along... until that stops he probably won't stay below 40%

Yup. Stock market is going up, unemployment is still low, and housing market is humming along. Until 2 of those 3 things change his approval rating won't drop too low.

Boke1879

Seems high?

It's never going to dip too low since the electorate is polarized. We know he's done some fucked up shit, but you have republicans who love the shit he's doing.

Also like many said. The economy, jobs etc are humming a long so far. We're just over a month in. Unless one of those things tank you'll never see it in the 20's

Yup. Stock market is going up, unemployment is still low, and housing market is humming along. Until 2 of those 3 things change his approval rating won't drop too low.

This. I hear it from normal people all the time. They don't care or even pay attention to anything Trump does, but as long as the economy is looking good and things in they're life are good, they'll say he's doing something right.

N.Domixis

Banned
I'll never trust polls again. Remember before the elections? A lot of trump supporters are probably old people living in the middle of no where with no access to internet.

Kusagari

The 32% number is more disconcerting to me. What the hell is wrong with the 12% that disapprove but think he is up to the job.

Let's be honest though:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-pac-contributions-ban_us_58b1ac9ee4b0a8a9b782bb00

Democrats are trying their best to lose the upcoming elections.

Democratic National Committee members on Saturday voted down a resolution that would have reinstated former President Barack Obama’s ban on corporate political action committee donations to the party.

Resolution 33, introduced by DNC Vice Chair Christine Pelosi, would also have forbidden “registered, federal corporate lobbyists” from serving as “DNC chair-appointed, at-large members.”

A majority of the 442 eligible DNC members rejected the resolution after roughly a dozen members rose to speak for and against it. Supporters of DNC chair candidate Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) could be heard cheering loudly during arguments in favor of the resolution from their seats in the section of the auditorium open to the public.

Trickster

I mean, has he actually done anything yet?

Obama was slow to react to the Dakota access pipeline so it seems that when Trump allowed it to push forward everyone stop caring immediately.

The Muslim ban was stopped by a federal courts.

So far this Administration is just a cabinet circus.

Yawn.

Uhm, what?

Everything he's said or done since taking office counts towards what's he's done so far.

He's constantly lying

He's trying to erode trust in the free press

He's advocated for torture

He's shown himself to be completely ignorant on many issues

He's trying to ban people from muslim countries

He's put Bannon on the NSC

He's choosen probably the worst cabinet in US history

I mean I could go on and on

Fake news! New polling from Breitbart shows 97% of voters love the job I'm doing and the other 3% are illegals paid by SOROS to vote! SAD!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That's the 44% who would only turn on him if he literally ate a baby.

I'll never trust polls again. Remember before the elections? A lot of trump supporters are probably old people living in the middle of no where with no access to internet.

The election polls were accurate within the margin of error.

Between the 2016 general election and Brexit, it's becoming increasingly obvious more people need to learn what a margin of error is.

ezekial45

Banned
The people supporting Trump and are happy with how things are going live in a fantasy land, which is being enabled by the administration's actions and talking points.

Reality will eventually catch up to these people when the administration will take away their healthcare and their jobs. Though I still expect many to support Trump even if he and the GOP take everything away from them. Some people prefer to live out their fantasy over facing the harsh truths.

Nixon's approval rating didn't dip below 40% until well into the Watergate scandal. Trump even flirting with those sort of numbers is cause for concern among Republicans.

TyrantII

Needs to get to 35% to be at the level where you can just about find anyone to get there. 30/35% respond that the sun revolves around the earth for example.

Still too high but historically low in this and other other polls.

Despite all the silly ARGH THE ESTABLISHMENT shit going around I think we'll be able to get our shit together keep him from a second term. Hopefully anyway.

Dingens

is that 44% of all people who voted or of all americans?
If it's the latter, wouldn't that mean that there are more people who approve of his shit than actually voted for him...?

Fuchsdh

Needs to get to 35% to be at the level where you can just about find anyone to get there. 30/35% respond that the sun revolves around the earth for example.

Yeah 30% is the baseline for finding someone with a stupid opinion about any given thing.

G.W. Bush's ratings didn't solidly hit 30% until 2008. To be fair though, he went from 5-60% to 90% through September 11th and just shed support on a long slow slide from there. http://www.gallup.com/poll/116500/presidential-approval-ratings-george-bush.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom