• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC/Hart Poll: Trump's job approval at 44 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me feels those 44% thought the jobs and economy was shit until 45 came to power even though nothing changed from then until now. In fact I think that has been researched and proven: people hated Obama and Democrats so much that they believed we were in the worst economic time ever and then Trump win and all of a sudden the economy and job market got better over night. Those people are dumb and a lost cause.

Uhm, what?

Everything he's said or done since taking office counts towards what's he's done so far.

He's constantly lying

He's trying to erode trust in the free press

He's advocated for torture

He's shown himself to be completely ignorant on many issues

He's trying to ban people from muslim countries

He's put Bannon on the NSC

He's choosen probably the worst cabinet in US history

I mean I could go on and on

You list the Muslim ban yet don't seem to care that I already said federal courts sent that packing.

None of these other things have lasting, meaningful impact. Esp. with courts prepared to strike the unconstitutional stuff down.

Relax guys. We are one month in.

One. Those numbers are horrific considering.

Let's revisit this in a year and see where he's at. Or if we get to a point where unemployment starts going up, the stock market bubble bursts, etc.

ascii42

Part of me feels those 44% thought the jobs and economy was shit until 45 came to power even though nothing changed from then until now. In fact I think that has been researched and proven: people hated Obama and Democrats so much that they believed we were in the worst economic time ever and then Trump win and all of a sudden the economy and job market got better over night. Those people are dumb and a lost cause.
Actually, you would be right:
1_14.png

NimbusD

Actually, you would be right:
1_14.png
Lol at Dems thinking the economy would go to shit every year for the past 4 years but then thinking it actually got better every year.

And Republicans just immediately think the economy is great when their in charge even though nothing of not has happened yet economically.

Blader

Most of the media fire last week was concentrated on Milo. Trump was relatively quiet, so it's not a surprise his approvals got a bounce.

Lo-Volt

That is a very poor first impression from a new president in my lifetime. George W. Bush enjoyed high introductory ratings and Barack Obama's were sky-high too. Base Republicans will probably hold on to the end but if Republicans keep blowing it like this, their wavering suburban supporters could abandon the party more quickly.

Madness

Yeah we're one-terming it at this point if people don't get complacent

Don't be so sure. An incumbent President is always a much stronger candidate. If Trump sticks to what he promised his, largely white, voters, he will maintain that vote in 2020 but will have the full funding of the GOP behind him.

Think about everything everyone said before the election. Trump had the highest disapproval of any candidate and won and won big in the electoral college. Granted he will lose some of the hispanic vote, definitely the black vote. It is still crazy to me that American white women had the chance to elect a white woman as President. The first female President and they chose Donald J. Trump.

But people are predicting that ISIS will be defeated on his watch, the economy which was improving under Obama's watch will keep improving under his and he will get the credit. The democratic party would need to have a lightning in a bottle candidate like Obama, charismatic and more mainstream overall appeal, to show why Trump shouldn't be re-elected. 4 years is still a long ways away. This left tea parry movement is strong though. Build some momentum and we'll see a strong pushback at all levels of government.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I would say I am apart of the 8% that is unsure. In fact I think most people should in the unsure category.

Swass

Yup. Stock market is going up, unemployment is still low, and housing market is humming along. Until 2 of those 3 things change his approval rating won't drop too low.

Aren't there stories out there that his administration is cooking the books..? For things to be humming along so well with so much turmoil is very odd.. Also interest rates are set for a hike in March which may slow housing..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...93961e-f7b2-11e6-be05-1a3817ac21a5_story.html

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/02/21/economy/econ-numbers

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/16/march-is-a-done-deal-for-the-feds-next-hike-peter-boockvar-says.html

Trickster

You list the Muslim ban yet don't seem to care that I already said federal courts sent that packing.

None of these other things have lasting, meaningful impact. Esp. with courts prepared to strike the unconstitutional stuff down.

I said he's trying to ban people. Which is 100% true. The first ban was struck down, sure. But are you unaware that they are quite openly saying they are in the process of drafting a new ban?

And of course all the thing I mentioned matters, are you for real right now?

Dirca

The one thing gaf has taught me is that I should always believe the polls. Yeah Trump is totally tanking, the polls told me so!

Savitar

His voting base doesn't care.

Something so big, so huge that even conservatives who still like him would be disgusted needs to happen.

Dirca

This is the rampant anti intellectualism that is perfect for a Trump supporter
Not a Trump supporter.
You are so stupid.
Yeah, pretty much. Go back and peruse last year's topics about polls and how unlikely Trump was to win the GE, and how Hillary was a shoe-in, and get back to me. Anytime anyone would suggest a Trump victory prior to November, it was "lol look at the polls!". See also: Brexit.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Not a Trump supporter.

Yeah, pretty much. Go back and peruse last year's topics about polls and how unlikely Trump was to win the GE, and how Hillary was a shoe-in, and get back to me. Anytime anyone would suggest a Trump victory prior to November, it was "lol look at the polls!". See also: Brexit.
...it was never 100% though lol. There was a very high chance that she would win, but it was not 100%. And she did get the most votes. Turn your brain on or don't post.

Dirca

...it was never 100% though lol. There was a very high chance that she would win, but it was not 100%. And she did get the most votes. Turn your brain on or don't post.
Yeah, you're right. Just don't be shocked or outraged in 2018/2020 when the outcome you're expecting due to polling data doesn't come to pass.

Still too high, but very low for this point in a presidency.

Yeah, you're right. Just don't be shocked or outraged in 2018/2020 when the outcome you're expecting due to polling data doesn't come to pass.

If a doctor says someone has an 80% chance of survival and the person dies is modern medicine a fraud?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Wish you stop thinking all white people support him. TBH WE FUCKING DON'T!!!!

Not all white people support Donald Trump. But most people who support Donald Trump are white.

By blaming white people we are not blaming you, or your whiteness, just a certain type of White America that has been symptomatic of these problems for a long time. I don't think the sentiment is entirely unfair, and I'm a white person myself.

HaloRose

Banned
Not all white people support Donald Trump. But most people who support Donald Trump are white.

By blaming white people we are not blaming you, or your whiteness, just a certain type of White America that has been symptomatic of these problems for a long time. I don't think the sentiment is entirely unfair, and I'm a white person myself.

You wouldn't be saying that if anti white candidate would be on rise like trump. It's happens in south Africa went white minority are treated poorly.

Apples and Oranges. Actually not even that, two entirely different situations.

No its pretty much exactly the same. All polling has a margin for error and the difference between the average and where the election ended was well within it. You just don't want to acknowledge that.

Specific questions I want to know answers to, did his approval rise in this specific poll?

Also the demographics seem sort of off in the second link that has all the information they used in the poll. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I'm barely getting breakfast.

Yes the other things do have lasting meaning. He is silencing the scientific community, blocking any press that disagrees with him, disobeying the Judicial Branch, removing those from office who speak out against him, making up terrorist events to scare people of immigrants, etc. There are real concerning problems in the world that we as a nation need to address. Instead Trump is attempting to force an alternate reality onto America. Also regardless of whether the court stopped him or not, the fact that he tried to implement that Muslim ban is disgraceful and unamerican. Not too mention he was initially disobeying court orders and pushing his power reach. On top of the fact that a lot of his administration seems to have been compromised by Russia. Let's also not got into the fact that he has no clue what he is doing signing things that are illegal. This guy spent the past 6-7 years going on CNN perpetuating Obama not being American and to show the birth certificate. We never once had a meltdown by Obama about this actual fake news story.

I'm not sure how treason, lying, corruption, incompetence, etc. don't disqualify him from being up for the job. This guy doesn't have Americans best interests in mind. He has not made a single attempt to bridge the divide between Americans. In fact he is the source of increasing division amongst Americans.

Jackpot

Banned

Let's not pretend that Hillary wasn't viewed as a total lock and anyone suggesting otherwise got laughed out of a thread. I thought the same.

No its pretty much exactly the same. All polling has a margin for error and the difference between the average and where the election ended was well within it. You just don't want to acknowledge that.

So that's why Hillary had a 95% probability of winning the GE right up until exit polls appeared...

The papers were full of articles about how the polls, their own included, had got it totally wrong with some states out by as much as 30%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom