• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBC/Hart Poll: Trump's job approval at 44 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Let's not pretend that Hillary wasn't viewed as a total lock and anyone suggesting otherwise got laughed out of a thread. I thought the same.

So that's why Hillary had a 95% probability of winning the GE right up until exit polls appeared...

The papers were full of articles about how the polls, their own included, had got it totally wrong with some states out by as much as 30%.

I'll be sure to discount the state by state approval ratings then, but since this is a national poll, we can talk about how the averages of those polls were correct.

entremet

No, just most of you.

A greater percentage of White People support Donald Trump than every other racial or ethnic group.

Own it.

We're getting into McCarthyism territory now. Millions also voted for Clinton. We gotta stop attacking other. We're on the same team. JFC.

No, just most of you.

A greater percentage of White People support Donald Trump than every other racial or ethnic group.

Own it.

Sorry, but no. If you take the number of white people who voted for someone other than Cinnamon Hitler and add that to those who didn't vote, the vast majority of white people didn't vote Trump.

You were wrong. Own it.

Jackpot

Banned
I'll be sure to discount the state by state approval ratings then, but since this is a national poll, we can talk about how the averages of those polls were correct.

Right, but many posters are taking the approach of "not all polls were wrong" = "none of the polls were wrong!", such as the guy I quoted claiming it was a simple margin of error issue.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You wouldn't be saying that if anti white candidate would be on rise like trump. It's happens in south Africa went white minority are treated poorly.

Are you really equating being white in America with being a minority elsewhere?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with placing some blame on the rise of a fascist with the blatantly obvious pool of people who voted for him.

That is not blame on you. Get over it. If you live in America you're in the majority - you are not oppressed, so stop acting like it.

S-Wind

Sorry, but no. If you take the number of white people who voted for someone other than Cinnamon Hitler and add that to those who didn't vote, the vast majority of white people didn't vote Trump.

You were wrong. Own it.

Then I should have said that most white people who voted voted for Trump.

It still stands that the percentage of White people who voted for Trump is larger than the percentage of black people who voted for Trump, is larger than the percentage of Asian-Americans who voted for Trump, is larger than the percentage of Latino-Americans who voted for Trump, etc.

If it weren't for White People Trump never would have been President.

Hmmm.

What has been the lowest approval rating?

President George W. Bush tapped out the lowest at 37.3 percent, while President Bill Clinton scored an average approval of 63.8 percent, just before the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke, Politico reports. Ronald Reagan, in his sixth year, averaged a 59.9 percent approval rating, Gallup reports.Jan 20, 2015

So yeah, this is actually pretty low. Can Trump beat Bush though?

It's pretty great that Scandal Clinton has more approval than One Month Trump.

Just confirmation that it doesn't really matter what the fuck Trump does or doesn't do. He'll still be supported by roughly half the population, cause of ... (vile) reasons. An incredibly tragic, depressing, and infuriating thought. The concepts of right and wrong, truth vs lies, are becoming more and more irrelevant. What're more relevant is having a guy shit on people that you have an irrational hatred for. As long as there's the possibility that their lives will become worse, you win.

Ac30

Hmmm.

How did bush manage to keep it at 37%?! That sure puts Trump's numbers in perspective...

TaterTots

Banned
The last poll I seen said he had a 38% job approval rating. Surprised it jumped this much, but we should all know by now polls are pretty iffy.

kess

Hmmm.

The crazy thing is that Clinton's approval went up to something like 73 percent the week after the impeachment.

SiteSeer

No, just most of you.

Own it.
no please don't. need every vote and voice to reject this ketchup on well done steak eating mufugga.

SRG01

Yup. Stock market is going up, unemployment is still low, and housing market is humming along. Until 2 of those 3 things change his approval rating won't drop too low.

The weird thing is that pundits are calling it the 'Trump Bump' but the stock market had been gaining well before the presidential election...

Ithil

The weird thing is that pundits are calling it the 'Trump Bump' but the stock market had been gaining well before the presidential election...

They take credit for anything positive, and throw blame at everyone else for anything negative.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The last poll I seen said he had a 38% job approval rating. Surprised it jumped this much, but we should all know by now polls are pretty iffy.

It didn't jump that much; different polls have different modelling assumptions; and most nationally valid polls have about a 3% margin of error, so 38% and 44% are quite literally indistinguishable on a single draw.

Miles X

No, just most of you.

Own it.

This is such a pathetic attitude to have, as if a singular white person belongs or has to answer to all the shitty white peoples actions. Just stop.

massoluk

Banned
Too high the number. I don't understand
Even if you support his policy, you have to acknowledge the past month have been extremely incompent performance by the admin.

Hazmat

Too high the number. I don't understand
Even if you support his policy, you have to acknowledge the past month have been extremely incompent performance by the admin.

Some people (on both sides) will never disapprove of the candidate or party that they've decided to back. It's less of an issue with Dems/liberals, because we're hypercritical and impossible to please.

How is it that high? What would this idiot have to do to lose the approval of 44% of voters??!!

That is just sad. This isn't me talking as a liberal or whatever but America is in SERIOUS trouble if this much of the population really doesn't have basic critical thinking skills.

Sephzilla

To all the "it's too high" people. 44% this early into a presidency is really bad. It's probably going to keep getting worse

Dead Man

Actually, you would be right:
1_14.png

Christ.

For Trump's first month, his approval numbers are about the same as much of Obama's second term.

There's two schools of thought on Trump's current approval ratings.

Some say he's starting his Presidential term at historical low numbers and now has zero cushion and will only go down from here.

Others say, we're so polarized these days 44% is the new normal. Also Trump has done zero outreached to improve his numbers, but he does have a solidified hardened base of about 35% that will stick with him even through an impeachment trial for treason as long as the economy is perceived to be doing good.

Personally I think both thoughts have truth to it. As some already mentioned in this thread, Trump does have a hardened base but if they start feeling some new hardships under Trump, then you could start to see his base liquify. That's why repealing Obamacare is so dangerous for Republicans. A large portion of Red states are the beneficiaries of Obamacare and if their healthcare benefits erode under Trump, then that could cause Trump's numbers to implode even among Trump loyalist.

Also, outside of a presidential campaign, it takes time for approval numbers to go down. Not everyone is dialed into politics all the time, so it may take 12-18 months of consistently bad news and mistakes for it to reflect in Trump's overall approval rating. And while 35% has completely hardened for Trump, it's pretty clear 50-55% have hardened against Trump over the past month. Democrats already hate Trump more than George W. Bush and many Independents are already having buyer's remorse.

Progressives mostly fell asleep during the 2016 election. But the sleeping giant has been woken and it looks like it's going to be a blood bath for Republicans in the 2018 mid-terms. It's why you got guys like Darrel Issa calling for independent investigations. He sees the impending wave. And almost no one at this point feels Trump has a shot at being re-elected.

the sleeping giant has been woken and it looks like it's going to be a blood bath for Republicans in the 2018 mid-terms. It's why you got guys like Darrel Issa calling for independent investigations. He sees the impending wave. And almost no one at this point feels Trump has a shot at being re-elected.

I have serious doubts about 2018 being a bloodbath in favor of Dems, especially in those heavily gerrymandered areas.

I have serious doubts about 2018 being a bloodbath in favor of Dems, especially in those heavily gerrymandered areas.

True, I would need to look again at the party split in what few swing districts are left. But the Dems did make some gains in the 2016 election in the House. Also there is a ton of energy out there, not just in the big cities. Any district that isn't heavily gerrymandered, I think will be very competitive.

Trump's victory was an eye-opening lesson for the registered non-voter. As with most midterms, the opposition party usually comes out highly motivated and the party in power tends to be complacent or depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom