• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA March Madness: Sweet 16 / Elite 8 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubsfan23 said:
Dean is staying next year. Garcia will probably go late first round so you'll have to actually make the playoffs :)

I think Garcia is a top 10 pick easily, you don't think so? I guess it all depends on his workouts with NBA teams, but judging from the NCAA tourney, he's a top 10 pick.

Seth C said:
You should. It will be widescreen, and should be about the quality of a pre-recorded movie. Won't know till I go through and cut out the commercials and re-compress it, etc.
I'm actually planning to record all the regional championship games this weeken, in HD.

Okay, well I'll def be interested once the season is done in a few weeks... If we can pull it off, I'll purchase all of them from you.

Cubsfan23

Banned
JeffDowns said:
I think Garcia is a top 10 pick easily, you don't think so? I guess it all depends on his workouts with NBA teams, but judging from the NCAA tourney, he's a top 10 pick.

I'm just going by the mock websites

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am proud of Dean.... he is from my town of Neptune... I remember watching him iin high school and thinking he wasnt going to be real good on the collegiate level... but the guy can flat out shoot.... once he gets past his nagging injuries and is at 90% he will be a bitch to contain... did you know that Bill Parcells convince Rick Pitino to come to Neptune high school to watch Dean play... All of you Cardinal Fans owe the big tuna....

Malleymal said:
I am proud of Dean.... he is from my town of Neptune... I remember watching him iin high school and thinking he wasnt going to be real good on the collegiate level... but the guy can flat out shoot.... once he gets past his nagging injuries and is at 90% he will be a bitch to contain... did you know that Bill Parcells convince Rick Pitino to come to Neptune high school to watch Dean play... All of you Cardinal Fans owe the big tuna....
Really? I never knew that, that's a crazy fact.... lol. Thank you Bill.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ninja Scooter said:
goddamn Illinois, why don't you take a few more threes? Did John Starks join the Illini coaching staff or something?

I wasn't thinking of Starks but damn, it was like every other possession was a 3

:lol was that Bill Murray in the crowd shitting himself?

somewhere on the internet, Konex said something like "Arizona has this game locked" or something. Thats the only explanation.

Maverick

Okay, I have ho vested interest in this game...

What the hell are the refs doing? That guys had the Zona dudes jersey when they turned the ball over on the in bounds pass. These refs seems really swayed by the crowd to me.

So many non-calls for Illinois.

EDIT: Wow, this Frye dude is for real. NBA scouts should be taking notice.

Agent Icebeezy

Maverick said:
Okay, I have ho vested interest in this game...

So many non-calls for Illinois.

EDIT:

No, it's called, letting them play. Zona has gotten away with shit too. Salim holds jerseys everytime he gets a pick on him

What
the
fuck
was
that?

i doubt that in the timeout Lute Olsen drew up a play that said "Give Hassan the ball. Hassan, you stand there for 10 seconds like a dumbass and then throw up a desperation 3!"

WTF DID I TELL YOU.........ILLINI!!!!!!

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

ILLINI

btw.....this is Cmdr. Solrak on Sal's 2nd PC :D

Maverick

WTF was that?

Here's how the last play should have gone:

1. PASS IT AROUND
2. LET THE CLOCK WIND
3. PASS IT IN TO FRYE

win.

Wow what a fucking game!!! My heart's still beating mad.

I love everyone's perspective on the matter. Like Illinois had no hand in Zona's defeat. :lol

Did Arizona choke? Yeah.

Is that why they lost? NO.

Illini woke the hell up in the final 2 minutes and in OT and started playing like they should have all 2nd half. The most unreal comeback in tourney history for me. Down what? 14 with 1:48 to go? Fucking sick.

Destiny's Illini baby.

Edit- Props go to Frye. He's the real deal, and his ass has got NBA stamped on it in the future. He tore us apart, and I'm sure Arizona will be back next year in the Elite Eight. Illinois on the other hand will be lucky to make the Sweet 16.

That was horrible. I'm just going to assume that the mafia kidnapped Lute Olsen's family or something like that. There's got to be a logical explanation.

Agent Icebeezy

Sal Paradise Jr said:
Yeah yeah yeah, just root for Louisville next week, ok? :p

:lol :lol :lol

thumbsup.gif

kgHavok23

best. basketballl game. EVER.

never been that loud for any game, prolly wuda been for some 90's Bulls game but i was like 11. WOWOOWOWOOWOWWOWOW :D :D

Ninja Scooter said:
What
the
fuck
was
that?

i doubt that in the timeout Lute Olsen drew up a play that said "Give Hassan the ball. Hassan, you stand there for 10 seconds like a dumbass and then throw up a desperation 3!"

That's exactly what I thought :lol

Damn, I just would have given the ball to Frye in the post. The man was a behemoth in the game.

seismologist said:
way too many non calls at the end.

What on earth are you talking about? There were a few non-calls throughout the whole game that benefitted both teams.

Are you referring to Head's block of Stoudamire's shot at the end of regulation? That was a clean pack.

marko

Yeah, no complaints about the non calls. That is the way a game should end, with the players deciding the game. Not like the nova/UNC game, where the ref changes the course of the game.

kgHavok23

So suddenly Deron Williams is Dickie V's "best guard in the country"??? He didnt even put him on his all-first team, or whatever the hell he calls it. Hell I dont even think he was on the second team for Dickie V. Fck you Dick, theres a bandwagon fan if I ever saw him.

Watch him cry after UNC loses in the final (or tomorrow :D )

Teal'c

Wow great games, Arizona and WV did a lot to screw up, but the execution by Illinois and Louisville had to be PERFECT. If D. Williams misses that 3, comeback OVER. If Illinois fouls right away instead of waiting for Salim to pass... comeback thwarted. As for Louisville, w/o Garcia they still pulled it out. Every pocession they got an easy bucket in or near the paint. If WV shoots the 3 at 50% this isn't even a game. Should be a killer Final 4 matchup.

Go Wisco.

J2 Cool

Teal'c said:
Wow great games, Arizona and WV did a lot to screw up, but the execution by Illinois and Louisville had to be PERFECT. If D. Williams misses that 3, comeback OVER. If Illinois fouls right away instead of waiting for Salim to pass... comeback thwarted.

Exactly, so many ways to screw it up, every shot was so tense. My dad left at the 15 point mark. I was saying "we're gonna need an Illinois miracle and let the Illini ride that wave of momentum through the tourney". Then I chuckled at the thought. Then Luther Head's 3 with 3 in a half minutes left to cut it to 12. I completely bought my ticket for the comeback. Put the chips in and believed, knowing either an insane let down or an insane high was in store. I brought my dad back with the cheering, at 10 or so points.

And each bucket took forever to reach the hoop. Luther Head, Dee Brown, and especially D.Williams were insane. 77-80 was so crazy to see. Older brother came running in and we all were high fiving. Even my little brother got in. And then another steal by Ingram, steals were so damn fortunate. And with it loose, we get it back and Deron ties it. I was so scared they'd crack that margin back open with Frye, and it just kept closing till BOOM. Williams hits the 3.

Awesome block on Salim, by Head after he was trying to call timeout. Stoudamire could have ended it there. And OT was just nuts. Oh yeah, and Bill Murray is so damn hardcore! We seen him down at other times, and then going nuts right along with is. Guy frickin rocks!

kgHavok23

I really wish I had this entire game on tape.....I could watch it over and over and over and over again....wow.

If anyone is able to somehow get the game available for download (somehow...God somehow) put up that link or PM me and I'll worship you.

kgHavok23

Cubsfan23 said:
Digger picked Illinois against Louisville :)

I love Digger, he's been with Illinois all year long. He likes them in the championship game over UNC too. Did u see him sportin the orange tie on sportsccenter last night? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom