• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

Fjordson

Mudiay to SMU official. Big big miss for UK.

edit: uh...said during the announcement that his brother will be playing at SMU next year also and it's always been his dream to play with his brother. Da fuck. Wish I had known that earlier, the SMU choice makes a lot more sense now (and smart move by Larry Brown).

Fjordson

Yeah, I won't lie, I'm salty. He seemed like the perfect fit for Cal.

Funny how this comes just a week or two after Cailpari offered Ulis. Guessing the UK staff was starting to catch wind of Mudiay's decision.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Uncle Drew's 11 games were better. So glad he didn't get to play the whole year. College was too easy for him.

Yeah Kyrie would just toy with opponents. He was really on another level before he got hurt. That could've been a really special year for Duke...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah Kyrie would just toy with opponents. He was really on another level before he got hurt. That could've been a really special year for Duke...

Then against Michigan in the tournament he got his asshole licked by the refs! Never seen such worthless play get bailed out with so many bullshit calls. All he did the entire game was dribble full speed into stationary defenders and get fouls called. The only person I've ever seen receive more help from the refs was Sean May against Illinois.

Talon

Then against Michigan in the tournament he got his asshole licked by the refs! Never seen such worthless play get bailed out with so many bullshit calls. All he did the entire game was dribble full speed into stationary defenders and get fouls called.
Dawg. That's gross.

Bowser

UK is in his final five?? Nice! Didn't even know we offered him.

Did he decide for sure that he's playing college ball then?

Not yet:

"Really, it will come down to my deciding if I think I am ready for that level or not," Exum told The Devils Den this week. "I will rely on help from my parents and coaches. Both going pro or going to college are great options, but I think it comes down to me being ready, and feeling that I'm ready. Right now, I don't know and neither one is standing out for me."

Fjordson

Yeah, seen him in the top 3 of some mock drafts. Can see him going straight to the league.

Also, UK is showing strong interest in a new PG target for 2014. 3 star Dominic Magee.

Honestly, my heart can't take all this recruiting uncertainty. I pray Calipari seals the deal with Ulis soon and we can be done with that :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Honestly, my heart can't take all this recruiting uncertainty. I pray Calipari seals the deal with Ulis soon and we can be done with that :lol

I know the feeling. 6 months ago Michigan was looking great for Booker, Bluiett, and Kam Chatman now it's looking like we're going to miss out on all 3.

Now we have Blackmon and Exum teasing us too!

Illinois just landed a commitment from Leron Black. Groce is a monster closer on those official visits. Feeling pretty good about Snider. Looks like Cliff Alexander is KU bound, but my god would I be thrilled with a class of Finke, Black, and Snider.

Illinois just landed a commitment from Leron Black. Groce is a monster closer on those official visits. Feeling pretty good about Snider. Looks like Cliff Alexander is KU bound, but my god would I be thrilled with a class of Finke, Black, and Snider.
Need to hear about the Ahmad Starks hardship waiver before we have another 2014 opening, I think. Otherwise it'll be a 2015...

Black coming aboard is awesome. Groce is so legit.
Hope we can keep him for more than 3-4 years

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
And Trevon Bluiett picks UCLA. Beilein is starting to look more and more like Bruce Weber(recruiting). Can't wait to miss out on Blackmon and Booker too.

chris121580

And Trevon Bluiett picks UCLA. Beilein is starting to look more and more like Bruce Weber(recruiting). Can't wait to miss out on Blackmon and Booker too.

You can't blame Beilein for that one. It's not a shocking decision at all since his high school coach went to UCLA to be an assistant for Alford. I'm just glad he didn't end up in Michigan so we don't have to play against him. It's a blow to both IU and Michigan though since he'll be a solid 4 year player

Snider the decommit PG from Louisville (top 30 player) just bumped Memphis off his visit this weekend and moved Illinois up from an unofficial late Sept. to an official in Memphis place. WOW.

1st 247 crystal ball prediction for Snider to Illinois just went up.

If Groce can make this + Cliff happen give him a 15-year extension and double his salary.

Fjordson

In a month we're going to need to roll out the 2013-14 season thread. Crazy how its not that far away.
Yeah, seems like I just watched Robert Morris storm the court last week on UK.

I'm just glad NFL is back. Always helps tide me over until NBA/NCAA bball.

But does anyone else miss the days when sports topics went in the regular off-topic section? I bet there are a lot more college fans on GAF than what we get in here, but the community ghetto is holding us back :lol

So Isaac Hamilton wasn't granted his LOI release, but he still won't enroll at UTEP. He'll just sit out a year and then play for USC or UCLA next year. I agree with the LOI committee's decision based on the evidence. Isaac claims he wanted to stay close to home to be by his ailing grandmother, but his younger brother recently committed to U-Conn and "Greg Hamilton said his son Daniel will honor his commitment and go to UConn in the fall of 2014". Its all very fishy, especially when you consider Isaac tried to back out of his UTEP commitment after working out with USC this summer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...amilton-denied-release-national-letter-intent

Fjordson

Tyler Ulis making his decision on Friday between MSU, Iowa and UK. Really hope Calipari gets him. Could help us with a few other recruits and we need a 2014 PG.

38 out of 39 predictions on 247 Sports have him coming to UK. Just hoping this "UK lean" situation goes better than Emmanuel Mudiay's "UK lean" :lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tyler Ulis making his decision on Friday between MSU, Iowa and UK. Really hope Calipari gets him. Could help us with a few other recruits and we need a 2014 PG.

38 out of 39 predictions on 247 Sports have him coming to UK. Just hoping this "UK lean" situation goes better than Emmanuel Mudiay's "UK lean" :lol

And Booker will most likely follow. Hopefully that clears the way for Blackmon to Michigan. Then everyone wins.......except Izzo.

Fjordson

And Booker will most likely follow. Hopefully that clears the way for Blackmon to Michigan. Then everyone wins.......except Izzo.
MSU has so much in the air right now. They could have a monster class with guys like Booker, Cliff Alexander, Tyus Jones, Okafor, Kevon Looney, Tyler Ulis, etc. but it seems like they've faded on almost all of them as far as the being the favourite. Of course all that could change quickly. Even Ulis could still go to MSU.

Sort of the same with UK to be honest. After Towns, everything is pretty up in the air right now (and I'm still salty about losing Mudiay).

Coach K got the bronze in the World's Worst Person in Sports on Olbermann because of that.

Reminder: The disclaimer from Olbermann is "don't take it completely seriously because I don't mean it literally." A couple of weeks ago, he gave the top prize to what's his name on the Nationals for "could care less." Although, I think he was more serious than usual for the "worst" last night (Bobby Valentine).

Quentin Snider deciding tonight between Illinois and UCLA. Word is very strong that he's picking UI. Hope that's true because aside from being highly talented and highly-rated, he's also going to fill a big gap in our roster for 2015.

Fjordson

Cliff Alexander just announced Illinois is his final official visit.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

ronpaulitshappening.gif
Cliff Alexander would be big big big. Maybe the best player in the class without the last name Okafor.

Kentucky faded in a major way with Alexander =[ used to be considered a favouritr. I guess because we are the favourite for Trey Lyles now at that power forward spot. Which I can't complain about, he's good, but he's no Cliff Alexander. It'll probably be Illinois or Kansas for Cliff.

iamblades

Cliff Alexander would be big big big. Maybe the best player in the class without the last name Okafor.

Kentucky faded in a major way with Alexander =[ used to be considered a favouritr. I guess because we are the favourite for Trey Lyles now at that power forward spot. Which I can't complain about, he's good, but he's no Cliff Alexander. It'll probably be Illinois or Kansas for Cliff.

Assuming Marcus Lee is coming back next year because he needs to develop physically, I'm not terribly worried about the frontcourt. We need another body or two, but I think Towns is going to be able to be the go to guy in the front court and Lee can take care of help defense, so i'm not sure it matters which one we get as long as we get one of them. If Dakari Johnson also comes back next year, the frontcourt will be stacked either way.

I'm more worried about the wing spots now that we have Ulis at PG. I hear good things about Blackmon, but I think we really need to get Blackmon, Booker, and Stanley Johnson if everyone who is expected to leave after this year goes. Certainly we need 2 of the 3. If Aaron Harrison or James Young stays, that changes things completely, but I'm not expecting that. As it stands now assuming everyone who is expected to go pro does, the only wing UK has for 2014 is the walkon E.J. Floreal.

I'm also interested to see how Calipari uses Ulis. I can't remember the last time he had a small PG, even going back to Memphis he has always used PGs with size. Some two man game with Towns and Ulis should be fun to watch. That is one pick and roll you definitely can't switch, no matter who the defenders are. :p

Ulis made a stupid decision. He'll be recruited over within a year. Maybe he'll get starters minutes his senior year. Shoulda gone to MSU as Izzo is desperate for a PG right now.

And as I type this I read rumors that JaQuan Lyle is going to decommit from Louisville and Cal is going to pursue him. So it only took 5 mins for Ulis to get recruited over, and rightfully so.

Fjordson

Assuming Marcus Lee is coming back nest year because he needs to develop physically, I'm not terribly worried about the frontcourt. We need another body or two, but I think Towns is going to be able to be the go to guy in the front court and Lee can take care of help defense, so i'm not sure it matters which one we get as long as we get one of them. If Dakari Johnson also comes back next year, the frontcourt will be stacked either way.

I'm more worried about the wing spots now that we have Ulis at PG. I hear good things about Blackmon, but I think we really need to get Blackmon, Booker, and Stanley Johnson if everyone who is expected to leave after this year goes. Certainly we need 2 of the 3. If Aaron Harrison or James Young stays, that changes things completely, but I'm not expecting that. As it stands now assuming everyone who is expected to go pro does, the only wing UK has for 2014 is the walkon E.J. Floreal.

I'm also interested to see how Calipari uses Ulis. I can't remember the last time he had a small PG, even going back to Memphis he has always used PGs with size. Some two man game with Towns and Ulis should be fun to watch. That is one pick and roll you definitely can't switch, no matter who the defenders are. :p
Yeah, we'll definitely need to fill up some wing spots.

A ton of media guys are pegging us as the favourite for Booker and Blackmon right now. I'm confident we'll get one of them, maybe both.

Stanley Johnson we're basically battling Arizona for. 247 has us as the favourites, but only slightly and he isn't deciding for a while so it doesn't mean much. Going to come down to those two I think.

The Big Blue Madness visit will be key for Johnson. Blackmon, Lyles and Kelly Oubre will also be there. So hopefully it goes well and we'll pick up 2-3 commitments out of that group.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He might have to reach into his bag of past-their-prime recruiting tactics and arrive in a limo.

Shit, when he comes out in that sequin robe and yells WOOOOOOOOOOOO, its over!

So Lyle apparently has decommited from Lville, and KU and UK are the front runners from what I hear. Between this and the Teddy Bridgewater hype leads me to ask one question.

Where's Natural?

Fjordson

Yeah, where has Natural been? Haven't seen him since a few days after the title.

Also, Cliff Alexander says he's going to play at the same school as Lyle. Fuck man, they're probably going to go to Kansas. Those two, Myles Turner and Kelly Oubre = #1 class most likely.

UCF just picked up some top 100 recruits in back to back days. They're for 2015 so I'm not going to get excited over them but it is cool I guess. Glad to see old and new American Conference teams recruiting at a high level. Especially shocked by SMU.

Alex Owens and Corey Sanders. PF and PG respectively.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
UCF just picked up some top 100 recruits in back to back days. They're for 2015 so I'm not going to get excited over them but it is cool I guess. Glad to see old and new American Conference teams recruiting at a high level. Especially shocked by SMU.

Alex Owens and Corey Sanders. PF and PG respectively.

Seen a ton of video on Sanders and I've yet to really see him do anything but cherry pick for dunks and mug for the cameras. Really glad Michigan pulled back and stopped showing interest in that one.

Where do your rankings come from?

Looks like ESPN.

Cliff Alexander just cut UK from his list.

I wonder if that has anything to do with the rumors that UK is trying the hijack the Jones-Okafor package deal and take Okafor.

Top Bottom