• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed 2022 leaked (clips and info)

ManaByte

wtf is that. what happened to these graphics from 2020?

BFAGbBS.gif
killing eve bullshit GIF by BBC America

Esca

I was really hoping this was going to be good. Makes me sad, guess I'll replay some of the older titles..... again.

Pantz

Been asking for pedestrians in these open world racing games (even if they're ghosts/invincible) to make them feel more alive, so that's good.

The rest sounds like a skip already.

RaZoR No1

Dont forget people,
after 6-12 months the game will be on EA Play / Gamepass
No need to pay for early beta access

BTW: How hard/ difficult can it be just to do a proper NFS Underground / Most Wanted (old one) / Carbon / Pro Street era like NFS?
They do not need to revamp or revolutionize NFS, just copy one of those games, update the engine + content and we are good to go...

mortal

Gold Member
They should've really leaned into the over-the-top arcade and gone with super-stylized visuals.
At the very least, that would've been refreshing to see.

That just looks half-assed. Especially after teasing this:
wtf is that. what happened to these graphics from 2020?

BFAGbBS.gif

Aure

Banned
Yep, i can see this bombing extremely hard from million miles away.
Keep this franchise dead, and don't wake up this time.

Looks like the ERA of racing games, just like Saints Row.

Last edited:
EA it's simple, go back to this template
YfdzY2A.jpg
AWrOLhW.jpg

Grab yaself a year supply of this & study it!
uVDV4C2.jpg

Go to Tuner Events
autocontentexp.comGTR_1500-f93dd00cae59b4dd1772e94fa740207f1690f655.jpg

1DSC04829.jpg

85_Hot_Import_Nights_Hawaii_2018_PASMAG__large.jpg

find out what's hot and what new in the world of street racing and don't come back until she kicks you in the balls
M1A6744.jpg
" REEEEEEE patriarchy eww... " says ea.

We will never get good stuff again from them. .... "inclusive feel like Heat. Diversity's a big part of NFS going forward. Strong female/cultural representation in the new game."
So no grid gals, or hot mamas or anything appealing to men == no buy from me. Of course the cartoon graphics already done it but if not this bs would have.

sachos

I think they should split their games. One branch should keep trying to copy the FH open world racing style game and the other branch should go back to NFS3 style game. No open world, tour around the world with perfectly crafted and designed courses around exotic locales. I would love if they brought split screen back too.

drotahorror

Ah sorry I should've put quotes around that hah. I meant to say a game like DriveClub that could also push visual boundaries (with double the framerate this time though).

That would be very ideal in my mind. Driveclub was basically what we would have had for a modern day NFS. Not some bullshit open world garbage.

Push graphical boundaries and tons of closed courses with no interconnection. Give us tracks based on real world locations or even fantasy tracks. I want to go racing through an underwater aquarium or ride up and down the golden gate bridge. Bring shortcuts back or alternate paths throughout a track. Even HP2010 did that and it had an open world.

Everyone wants to be the next Forza Horizon. Don't get me wrong I loved FH3 and it's expansions for the most part. FH4 came and I put a solid 30 or 40 hours into it before I was fatigued. Played Heat for 10 or 15 hours and realized how much of a copy cat it was and I had already played that game for numerous hours before (Forza Horizon). FH5 was more of the same, to me it's a tired formula, I'm hella fatigued.

Non sim racing games are straight up ass right now.

Maybe WRC (from Codemasters next year) will push some good graphics and fun tracks. Although it'll definitely be more sim I suppose.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Underground, U2 and Most Wanted og are still the NFS games I had the most fun with.

U1 especially, with it hitting during fast and furious hype plus it having the cool soundtrack. Also because like with the great Burnout 3 and Revenge, I preffered the track based gameplay over open world.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

How hard is it in 2022 to make a good looking racing game. It's a map, a car and car physics. It's not like you can get out the car, do other shit, go into buildings. I'm perplexed as to why it's so difficult.

Forza Horizon 5 is still the GOAT racing game at present. Even GT7 looks like shit when actually racing. Third person view of the car is ugly as hell. I picked up GT7 on PS5 new for $28 USD and I still feel I got ripped off.

Weird flex telling EA to get a supply of Import Tuner.
They own SpeedHunters they know whats hot and not just in "the west" but basically all over the world.
Its not that they dont know whats popular in the Tuner world, its that they know that world isnt "that" popular with people who would buy their games.

im sure the last few car shows youve gone to, you might get into a NFS Underground/MostWanted conversation and everyone wishes that style of game could come back.
But ask those same people "would you buy it?"....Youll get a very unconvincing "sure".
^^ The only right answer concerning this IP.
Look at Fast & Furious franchise from how it started out to what it is now as a good example.
Just like Fifa, its all in the name. People don't care how it plays, they'll still flock to buy the new Fifa every year. The Need for Speed name is now just coasting off its past successes. They can slap it on a flaming piece of shit and people would line up to pay full price for it.
Its just the way things are now.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Heat was the most fun i had in years with NFS games..

Reminded me a lot of nfsu2 and most wanted..

Do more like this or just stahp ty

Thabass

Every time a NFS comes out and his hasn't turned into Burnout, I die a little inside. I won't buy another EA racing game unless they give me Burnout 3 Remastered.

Last edited:

tommib

Can’t they just make a straight, slick and clean racer without these cringe characters and narratives. The first NFSs were so clean. Hot Pursuit is super elegant compared to all the open-world bloat they’ve created after.

They look like big-budget mobile freemium games.

If I hear another character telling me about how cool it was to drink an iced coffee by the beach last weekend on a fucking racing game I’m making a thread just to write “cunt”.

Last edited:

makaveli60

BlackRock Inc. is the top EA investor. If you do some research on them, you'll realize that a NFS game celebrating underground/sexy/alt culture will never happen again.
tHeRe Is No WoKe AgEnDa PuShEd In GaMeS

Thanks for pointing this out. Everyone should research blackrock and how they contribute to destroying your lives (and I don’t mean this woke bullshit)

This industry is getting more and more dead day by day. Oh well, it was nice…

GHG

• No drag racing
  • No drift events
  • Upgrade system simplified for the younger audience. Similar to what Forza does (B, A, S), but you can still find numbers
  • Inclusive feel like Heat. Diversity's a big part of NFS going forward. Strong female/cultural representation in the new game.
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Key goal to grow the audience to a new gen of kids/young NFS fans who grew up on other games with a soft reboot. Expecting older fans will buy it

The Office Lol GIF

Majormaxxx

Dont forget people,
after 6-12 months the game will be on EA Play / Gamepass
No need to pay for early beta access

BTW: How hard/ difficult can it be just to do a proper NFS Underground / Most Wanted (old one) / Carbon / Pro Street era like NFS?
They do not need to revamp or revolutionize NFS, just copy one of those games, update the engine + content and we are good to go...
The goal is not to make a good sp game. The goal is to have a mp megahit for the young generation that can be monetized with all modern methods.

Majormaxxx

• No drag racing
  • No drift events
  • Upgrade system simplified for the younger audience. Similar to what Forza does (B, A, S), but you can still find numbers
  • Inclusive feel like Heat. Diversity's a big part of NFS going forward. Strong female/cultural representation in the new game.
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Key goal to grow the audience to a new gen of kids/young NFS fans who grew up on other games with a soft reboot. Expecting older fans will buy it

The Office Lol GIF
Yeah, as an old fan, not buying it. However, if the kids like this stuff, good for them. Games are made for them first. I have plenty of old games, hobbies, new sports I'm taking up, languages to learn.. So not bothered at all. It's a pity though because some of the old nfs games were awesome.

kyussman

It's been a long slow death for this franchise......good to know they are talking about cultural stuff though,very important in a racing game isn't it.....hope they get some Eskimos in there,where are all the Eskimos in games......nowhere is the answer,also it's not Eskimo it's fucking Inuit you racist fuck you.

RaZoR No1

The goal is not to make a good sp game. The goal is to have a mp megahit for the young generation that can be monetized with all modern methods.
Well they could still do a good MP games or is there a rule, that everything that it focused on monetizing has to be bad?
Just look at the gaming / car physics of the said games.
They were arcade games but still made sense physics wise.
For Brake 2 Drift etc. we had Ridge Racer.

Afaik NFS Heat is/was the first game were Grip Racing was nearly on the same level as Drift Racing speedwise. The last game with Grip Racing was IIRC Shift 2... after that we only got B2D with MW2012, Hot Pursuit Remake, Rivals, 2015, Payback and Heat.

Top Bottom