• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

crispyben

banner3pwz6v.png

To join the GAF communities for this game, click here

main6b0oxmn.png

Developer: Criterion Games (iOS/Android version by Firemonkeys)

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Platforms: PC (Origin), Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, iOS, Android, Wii U (confirmed)

Release dates: October 30 (US), November 1 (AU), November 1 (EU), November 2 (UK)

Genre: Open-world racing

Online multiplayer: 12 players (PC), 8 players (360/PS3), 4 players (PSV)

Engine: Chameleon (modified)

Demo: Up on Xbox Live (1.5GB)

System requirements / PC Performance Thread

Official site / Official FAQ

Note: this is not a sequel or a remake of the 2005 game bearing the same name; it’s actually closer to a Burnout Paradise 2, exchanging stunts for cops.

features63dlpx.png

EasyDrive: the excellent menu from Burnout Paradise returns, and it even includes a restart option! Just press right on the d-pad…

Collectibles: Jack Spots, Billboard Jumps, Speed Cameras and Security Gates are everywhere in Fairhaven City and its surroundings.

Concours: Criterion’s take on Prestige; change your license plate border to gold to indicate you are a Concours player!

Motion controls: control the camera and EasyDrive through voice commands with Kinect, use the Move Racing Wheel to drive your car.

single69wxyh.png

The main aim in NFSMW is to own all 10 of the Most Wanted cars in the game, and collect all of the Collectibles that are available in the world. You must earn
the right to race the Most Wanted Cars (from #10 to #1). You can do this by earning enough SP (Speed Points) to unlock each of the Most Wanted cars.

Once you have beaten a Most Wanted Racer at their event, it’s not over. The Most Wanted Racer will be released into the city of Fairhaven. Look for their
Black Triangle on the mini map, chase them down, and take them out in order to get their car.

Read more

There are 51 different events available from the start of the game, which are selectable by “Jacking” into different cars placed in the world. Each of the cars
available have 5 events tied to them, some of which cross over from car to car. Each event also typically has approximately 3 cars that can access it. There
are 5 types of events: Circuits, Sprints, Speed Runs, Ambushes, Most Wanted Races.

Read more

pursuits6n3ar8.png

Pursuits by the cops begin when you hit patrolling cops in the world, hit nearby traffic, perform donuts/wheel spinning near cops, block cop paths, or after
certain events.

Heat levels indicate the level of pursuit you are under by the cops. Pursuits start at heat level 1 with a few basic cops that are easy to lose and are not much
of a threat. As your heat level increases over time and/or by taking out cops during a pursuit, the pursuit difficulty increases with roadblocks and spike strips.

Read more

multi6kmyhm.png

The transition is seamless, and FreeDrive (freeroam) is always available. Friends Games are private games that are set up so that the Host can choose to
run Custom or Default Speed lists. Friend Games can be toggled between two states: invite-only and friends joinable.

Public Games are run by a Playlist Director which picked Speed lists for the players. After a 5 event Speed list, players get a three minute intermissions to
free drive, get collectibles, and take each other down. After the intermission, the Playlist Director sets a new Speed list. The players who don’t join the event
get teleported to the right spot.

There are 7 types of events that are mixed in playlists called Speed lists: Single Race, Team Race, Speed Camera Test, Jump Distance Test, Drift Distance
Test, FreeDrive Challenges, Elimination Feature

Read more

autolog6r8x1w.png

The whole time you play Autolog is watching, like some automated Big Brother, waiting for you to do something worth shouting about. And when you do, it
notifies your friends. Autolog Recommends your newest or most hotly contested events and challenges your friends to do better. It also recommends Milestones.

Hit the biggest air off any billboard jump, and it’ll even display your face on that billboard. Your friends will need to beat you to get rid of it, so make it really
annoying. The whole city’s littered with speed cameras, jumps, jack spots and event starts. Each one has a leaderboard attached to it. Just drive up to check
out your friends’ records.

Everything you do in the game on any platform (even the mobile version) also earns you Speed Points (SP), and CloudCompete aggregates them to one
Most Wanted list. Rank up on the toilet or in the subway!

Read more

car69bzw9.png

There are 41 player cars which can be used in offline events and 48 which can be used in online events (note: PS Vita has 42 cars for online events). There
are also 6 cop cars and 11 traffic cars. All cars are unlocked from the start, except for the 10 Most Wanted. This list is not yet complete.

Alfa Romeo 4C
Ariel Atom
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Audi A1 Clubsport Quattro
Audi R8 GT Spyder
BAC Mono
Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible
BMW M3 GTR E46
BMW M3 E92
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Caterham R500 Superlight
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Dodge Charger SRT8
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Ford Focus RS500
Ford GT
Ford Mustang 302 Boss
Hummer H1 Alpha
Jaguar XKR
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Koenigsegg Agera R
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
Lamborghini Countach QV5000
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Spyder Performante
Lamborghini Reventon
Lancia Delta Integrale HF
Lexus LFA
Marussia B2
Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Nissan GT-R Egoist
Pagani Huayra
Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0
Porsche 911 Carrera S
Porsche 918 Spyder Concept
Porsche Panamera Turbo S
Range Rover Evoque
Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
SRT Viper GTS
Subaru Cosworth Impreza STI CS400
Tesla Roadster 2.5

modifications6eqlgy.png

There are 22 modifications that can be unlocked for each car. These are divided into Standard and Pro mods. Mods are equipped by selecting them in the
EasyDrive menu. There are 5 main types of mods that can be equipped at once: Tyres, Nitrous, Body, Chassis, Power. Standard mods will have advantages
and disadvantages. Pro mods have no disadvantages.

Read more

le6w5lb9.png

Double Speed Points for 4 hours - covers both Single Player and Multiplayer.

Early unlock of Multiplayer content: the 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S with Nitrous Burn and Aerodynamic Body modifications, and the Maserati GranTurismo
MC Stradale with the Race Pack Powertrain and Impact Protection modifications; both cars come with an exclusive Satin Black livery.

Read more

preorder69lagk.png

Speed Pack, Strike Pack, Power Pack

Read more

videos6u3z5b.png

Launch trailer
Live action TV ad
Gameplay Feature Series 2 – Multiplayer
Gameplay Series 4 -- The Most Wanted List
Get Wanted Trailer
Gameplay Feature Series 1 – Single player
Gameplay Series 3 -- Find It, Drive It
Multiplayer Trailer
Gameplay Series 2 -- Walkthrough
Gameplay Series 1
Announcement Trailer E3 2012
--
Vita NYCC footage #1
Vita NYCC footage #2
--
Mobile trailer
24 minutes of the mobile version (iPad)
--
Great developer preview by FyreUK
The first 10 minutes of the game on PS3 (spoilers!)

iimTpxKHgr03.gif

GIF by Sethos

reviews6lulzv.png

Edge - 9/10 - "Once again, Criterion still manages to stand out and offer something fresh, setting a new standard in open-world driving games with - that word again - a seamless feast of quality."
Game Informer - 90/100 - "Whether you're dominating your opponents or barrel rolling your way through a race, you're getting what you wanted – a game, that win or lose, goes all out getting there."
Giant Bomb - 4/5 - "[But] if you're looking for a solid, lengthy solo campaign from a driving game, this isn't what you're looking for. Most Wanted is a multiplayer-first game, and taken in that context, few games do it better than this."
Polygon - 8.5/10 - "Need for Speed Most Wanted is marred somewhat by a fussy, restrictive and self-defeating interface. But it's one of the best racing games of 2012 regardless."
Digital Chumps - 9/10 - "It's possible to just play through the "campaign" and take down the ten most wanted vehicles, but it's nowhere near as satisfying as reaping the benefits of Autolog or participating in genuine multiplayer matches with friends and strangers online."
Eurogamer - 8/10 - "Its sense of character may be not be as forceful as Criterion's other games - but the sense of competition that informs it, the joy of discovery and the plain pleasure of driving haven't been dimmed in the slightest."
IGN - 9/10 - "It’s the racing game for people who don’t tend to like racing games. You’re not punished for missing that apex or abandoning that nagging racing line. It’s undoubtedly one of the year’s most exhilarating experiences."
GameTrailers - 8.7/10
Pocket Gamer - 8 - "But, the Vita version does not come without its compromises. The indecipherable graphics, weird radio controls, and low traffic count all sap some of the life out of the game. They defang a ferociously fun and fast racer. In the end, Most Wanted is a good version of a great game - which is good enough."

cheevos6nvzdl.png

Most Wanted Rides - Own all the Most Wanted cars (Single Player)
Got to Smash Them All - Smashed every Billboard
The Gatecrasher - Broke through every Security Gate
Love Them and Leave Them - Drove every Car
Networking - Found every Jack Spot
Cameraman - Triggered every Speed Camera
Go Pro or Go Home - Unlocked all the Pro mods on a car (Single Player)
Feeling the Need - Emptied a full nitrous bar without hitting anything
Fix Me Up - Used a Bodyshop to paint or repair your car for the first time
Switcheroo - Used a Jack Spot in a Pursuit (Single Player)
Kitchen Sink - Used a Billboard and a Jack Spot to successfully evade a pursuit (Single Player)
The Heat is Off - Escaped successfully from all Heat levels
Social Climber - Have 5 or more NFS friends
How Do You Like Me Now? - Beat a friend’s Autolog Recommendation
Moving On Up - Moved up the Most Wanted List for the first time
Nothing Personal - Took down a friend in Multiplayer
After Market - Unlocked a mod for a car in Multiplayer
Licensed to ill - Customized your license plate and number in Multiplayer
Mix Master - Played a Custom Speedlist you created (Multiplayer)
The Modfather - Unlocked 3 Pro Mods in Multiplayer
Second is Nothing - Finished first in every race, in every car (Single Player)
Rim Shot - Escaped the cops with at least one blown tire
In Your Face - Smashed a friend’s face on a billboard and beat their jump distance
Pit Stop - Repaired a burst tire at a Bodyshop
Alpha Dog - Shut down Most Wanted car number 10: Alfa Romeo 4C Concept (Single Player)
Charming - Shut down Most Wanted car number 9: Shelby COBRA 427® (Single Player)
Blackout - Shut down Most Wanted car number 8: Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (Single Player)
Lexus Ranger - Shut down Most Wanted car number 7: Lexus LFA (Single Player)
Track Weapon - Shut down Most Wanted car number 6: McLaren MP4-12C (Single Player)
Arachnophobic - Shut down Most Wanted car number 5: Porsche 918 Spyder Concept (Single Player)
Main Avent - Shut down Most Wanted car number 4: Lamborghini Aventador (Single Player)
White Gold - Shut down Most Wanted car number 3: Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (Single Player)
Mighty Wind - Shut down Most Wanted car number 2: Pagani Huayra (Single Player)
Don’t Blink - Shut down Most Wanted car number 1: Koenigsegg Agera R (Single Player) - (5)
Gotcha - Got Busted for the first time
First Strike - Took down your first Cop
Troublemaker - Took down 50 Cops
Slip the Cuffs - Drove through a roadblock without hitting it
Battering Ram - Smashed through a roadblock without crashing
Sidewinder - Did a 250 yard (228 .6 meter) drift
Mauled - Wrecked 10 cops in a single pursuit in the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Beast from the East - Escaped from the cops in the Marussia B2
Iron Boots - Drove over 5 spike strips with re-inflates equipped
Gladiator - Took down every racer at least once in a single race
Escape Velocity - Jumped over 200 yards (182.88 meters) through a Billboard
Fast Forward - Triggered a speed camera at over 200mph (321.97km/h)

LET'S DO THIS GAF!

To join the GAF communities for this game, click here

a97s0b.gif

credit to SolidSnakex

This OP is a work in progress, I will try to keep it updated with news and feedback.

Thanks to Duebrithil for the graphics and the feedback, and to iNvid02 too.

crispyben

The links to the forms and spreadsheets are hidden in this post to prevent outside abuse.

To reveal the link simply click the quote button under my username on the left handside.

Jb

Hm, didn't know there wouldn't be any Ferraris in this (havent played a NFS game since 2). Regardless, this should be good.

The_Monk

I would love to grab this one but I already decided to get Horizon on Friday.

Last Need for Speed I got was Hot Pursuit and I liked it but the last race was an horrible experience for me... I hope there's nothing similar in this one.

Carl

Will be playing and enjoying this on Vita.

Vita has "nearly all" of the console events (a few of the longer events aren't on Vita). To make up for the missing events, Vita has some exclusive ones.

Oneself

Nice OT!
PS3 version, day one, pre-ordered a while ago.
NFS Hot Pursuit was my GOTY and this one looks just as good & fun.

Cannot wait!

geebee

Banned
I'm torn on which console version to buy. I had Paradise on X360 and Hot Pursuit on PS3.

But I did play Paradise online much more than I did Hot Pursuit..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't wait for the Vita version.

Question is how good that port is: Traffic, graphics, etc.

I really hope there's a demo for that version.

Speaking of which: This is a sequel to Burnout Paradise or is the OT tagline just a bad play on Paradise despite Criterion's last game being Hot Pursuit?

Sethos

Banned
I'm not even that big on arcade racers but Burnout Paradise was amazing. Still have some fond online memories when I unlocked that pickup truck that was insanely fast - I just overtook people in fast sports cars and they just yelled "How fucking fast is that truck?!"

Add some real-life cars and cops? Fucking aye, give it to me.

crispyben

Speaking of which: This is a sequel to Burnout Paradise or is the OT tagline just a bad play on Paradise despite Criterion's last game being Hot Pursuit?
This is the closest we'll ever get to a BOP sequel, which is why I picked this title, with approval from some other GAFers in one of the NFSMW threads :)

lowemark

Day 1 no doubt!
Sooo hyped for this!
Burnout Paradise is one of my favorite racing game so I'm having high hopes that this one is pretty similar to that.
Paradise was also my first PS3 platinum! :)

crispyben

Yeah you took my suggestion for the title, thanks!

....or did I accidentally copied your idea in the other thread?
Great minds think alike!

Anything missing in the OP? I could compile some previews, but I'm not sure it'll be of any use... Also, is the GAF communities link visible enough below the banner? Should it be above for maximum impact?

graywolf323

I'm probably going to wait on a sale, I really liked the original Most Wanted and everything I've seen of this one makes me wonder why they didn't just call it Burnout Paradise 2

TheSeks

This is the closest we'll ever get to a BOP sequel, which is why I picked this title, with approval from some other GAFers in one of the NFSMW threads :)

So, it isn't Burnout Paradise 2? :( It's just Burnout for Speed 1.5? :(? :(? :(?

Because Origin is a spyware.

True story. Google it.

I stop buying EA games because of that.
It's not really. But that's okay because there are tons of other reasons to go tell origin to suck it. Hope your increased profits are worth it ea, 'cause you're not getting a dime from me, no matter how much I'd love to play a paradise sequel. I platinum'd that first one.

iNvid02

place i ordered from has the speed and strike pack preorder bs, sl65 amg and caterham superlight will be mine!

It's not really. But that's okay because there are tons of other reasons to go tell origin to suck it. Hope your increased profits are worth it ea, 'cause you're not getting a dime from me, no matter how much I'd love to play a paradise sequel. I platinum'd that first one.

not to turn this thread into an origin debate but name some seriously

crispyben

So, it isn't Burnout Paradise 2? :( It's just Burnout for Speed 1.5? :(? :(? :(?
Well, we lost the stunts and the unlicensed cars in exchange for cop chases and many more licensed cars, so I don't know how that translates into a decimal value for you...

Sethos

Banned
not to turn this thread into an origin debate but name some seriously

Please don't, then we get some contrived bullshit then people want to reply to, effectively turning the thread into another DD war.

Let's just talk Most Wanted.

TheSeks

Well, we lost the stunts and the unlicensed cars in exchange for cop chases and many more licensed cars, so I don't know how that translates into a decimal value for you...

But can I still crash mode (even though that was kinda crap in comparison to Takedown) bounce down roads?

I mean Paradise's races were fine and all but if that's the only claim to fame with none of the Burnout standouts like Road Rage and crash mode, well... it isn't really a Burnout to me, IMO.

Top Bottom