• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Baron

I bought the LE version of Most Wanted for the PC and when I bought the Complete DLC Bundle, EA's Origin service informed that my version of the game had been 'upgraded' to the LE version. Suffice to say I was slightly perplexed by the message... Perhaps it's the same on console. Honestly, you're not missing much if you do not have the LE version - a few bonuses for multiplayer in the form of early access to a few cars and double XP From the EA website:

Limited Edition

4 Hours of Double Speed Points – Get double Speed Points for your first 4 hours of multiplayer.

2 Limited Edition Vehicles – Get early access in online multiplayer to two of the World’s hottest cars complete with the exclusive Satin Black livery and the latest performance modifications.

The ultimate in speed and style, there isn’t a more impressive piece of automotive engineering than the Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale featuring these Limited Edition modifications:

*Racing Engine and brakes tuned for increased power and control.
*The Ground Effect Body increases down-force for better maneuverability.

The powerful, lightweight and super responsive 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S is perfect for ditching rivals at breakneck speed and comes equipped with these Limited Edition modifications:

*Optimized Aerodynamic Body reducing drag for maximum top speed.
*Efficient and sustained speed boost with the Nitrous Burn.

Make sure you visit here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-S...ommon-issues-Updated-03-15/m-p/373688#U373688

Criterion and EA have been VERY slow in addressing many of the games issues to a point where I believe they've made their money and moved on. Pity as I love Most Wanted but I doubt I'll buy another Criterion game on its release day.

Thanks for the in-depth reply. I found a copy of the limited edition in town and exchanged the regular for it - it has the same UPC code on the box, so as far as stores are concerned, it's the same game.

I noticed that my speed points carried over from the Vita points I accrued, which is really nice, and all the most wanted cars were available for me to take down from the outset. I made short work of them, heh.

My fave car so far is the Audi GT 8 Spyder. It has great acceleration, speed, and handling. I took down all the mw cars using it, with all the mods unlocked and buffed up to pro-level. I'm enjoying it a great deal. I want to jump in and buy the DLC, but I'll wait a few weeks for a sale.

BTW, Best Buy is selling it for $15 this week if you can find it. At that price, I don't mind paying a bit for the DLC.

TJP

Thanks for the in-depth reply. I found a copy of the limited edition in town and exchanged the regular for it - it has the same UPC code on the box, so as far as stores are concerned, it's the same game.
I read the PS3 DLC for Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit and The Run is currently on sale and PS Plus members get a further 10% off - according to the folks at DLCentral. A link to MW on the PS store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...=EP0006-NPEB01042_00-NFSMW000PS300EU1:ADD-ONS I paid full price for the Ultimate Speed pack (the first DLC) and then the Deluxe DLC bundle and I feel both were money well spent. At the discounted price, the Complete DLC bundle is a must buy if you enjoy Most Wanted.

I'm currently experimenting with SweetFX to boost the colour and anti-aliasing with some excellent results.

Xdye7 i know your pain , my PS3 save got corrupted and i had to restart from scratch

Over 6,500,000 SP save ... damn it.

Thankfully , i had a backup in my psn cloud so i could restore and old backup , i really can't restart this game from scratch

i only lost all my sunday events ( over 800,000 sp ) that i need to redo ( but i kept all the points and my records )

Thankfully.

i can't help but admire your dedication when that happenned to you twice.

Xdye7

Yeah, sorry man. It's a shame it hasn't been fixed and won't be fixed.

Luckily, I already had all but two trophies before I got reset the first time (all billboards and all security gates smashed).

I wasn't too bothered to get them but after the fourth or so time I got reset, I started backing up my saves to a memory stick after each session. I just recently got my last two trophies in order to get the platinum (just smashed all the stuff through casual gameplay without specifically looking for them). A platinum that should have taken a month ended up taking 6 lol

JawzPause

So I got this from PS+ and I'm really enjoying it so far, but what's up with all the DLC within the game? Driving around and finding cars you can't drive is quite irritating, especially as my favourite car (Zonda) you have to pay for. Absolutely ridiculous.
Damn you EA and your money making ways! I won't be purchasing any DLC in protest.

The dlc car in the world are a lesser evil. i know it's annoying to find a car and you can't drive it it's "maybe" a shameless way to advertise dlc.

But by making the same world for everyone , everyone can play together. and this was a real problem in "hotpursuit" online.

Now you can go online , find players quickly and not to worry about whenever you have the same dlc or not.

Xdye7

The DLC was well worth it in my opinion. 20 cars, expanded map, more events, mods, unlockables, trophies, etc. for 30 bucks isn't bad at all.

Also I would like to point out that the Zonda's gearbox doesn't work properly with Short Gears Pro. It can't switch into the next gear at around 315 km/h without a burst of boost. EA/Criterion became aware of the problem shortly after the DLC was released thanks to my thread on their official forums but they didn't fix it in the following patch. It's still listed in the "known issues" thread.

Well, I'm really LTTP with this one, but I was excited to try it based on all the good reviews and talk about it. The graphics are awesome on this one, and I like the city it's in. But ...

I am getting extremely frustrated at racing games these days. I find most of them way too hard. I have now recently given up on Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Persuit, and now this one. Also Dirt 3, because the easy mode is way too easy where the car basically drives for you, but one step up is too hard.

Why is it that I can beat the original F-Zero on the hardest mode with no problems, while others have said how brutal the game is? Also I could get to the very last race on OG XBox NFS Underground 1 (best racer ever) with little effort.

Anyone else in the same boat? I really love a good racing game, but the last ones I enjoyed were two generations ago. NFS Underground 1, Rallisport 1 & 2, etc.

I have decided to stop buying them altogether. :-( Hundreds of dollars wasted the last decade!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well, I'm really LTTP with this one, but I was excited to try it based on all the good reviews and talk about it. The graphics are awesome on this one, and I like the city it's in. But ...

I am getting extremely frustrated at racing games these days. I find most of them way too hard. I have now recently given up on Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Persuit, and now this one. Also Dirt 3, because the easy mode is way too easy where the car basically drives for you, but one step up is too hard.

Why is it that I can beat the original F-Zero on the hardest mode with no problems, while others have said how brutal the game is? Also I could get to the very last race on OG XBox NFS Underground 1 (best racer ever) with little effort.

Anyone else in the same boat? I really love a good racing game, but the last ones I enjoyed were two generations ago. NFS Underground 1, Rallisport 1 & 2, etc.

I have decided to stop buying them altogether. :-( Hundreds of dollars wasted the last decade!

Do you mind my asking your age? A lot of racing games are super twitch focused and as you get older your ability to react quickly gets worse and worse.

Do you mind my asking your age? A lot of racing games are super twitch focused and as you get older your ability to react quickly gets worse and worse.

39. I considered that, but I can still play F-Zero today and beat it. Granted I know the tracks like the back of my hand. But I cant even get half of the way through the game on the last gen of racing games. It seems like the AI is not realistic and/or rubber-bandy.

Forza Horizon is another one I could tell I would love if it didn't get so hard once I got into it.

Also, I was able to beat Forza 2 with no problem (which was the same generation as these others) and that wasn't that long ago.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
39. I considered that, but I can still play F-Zero today and beat it. Granted I know the tracks like the back of my hand. But I cant even get half of the way through the game on the last gen of racing games. It seems like the AI is not realistic and/or rubber-bandy.

Forza Horizon is another one I could tell I would love if it didn't get so hard once I got into it.

Also, I was able to beat Forza 2 with no problem (which was the same generation as these others) and that wasn't that long ago.

What are you playing on?

Forza Horizon, Dirt 3, NFS:MW, and a lot of modern racing games I believe are 30fps, while stuff like F-zero and older racing games were usually 60. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Also, NFS:MW gets pretty damned hard near the end of the game. It gets viscious on some races where it would take me over an hour to complete some races.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Most of them were on 360. A couple including MW is on PC.

Yeah, then I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate had something to do with the difficulty on the 360 ones.

But at the same time, I think most modern racing games aren't really designed for you to finish and complete everything. It often just seems like a massive bulk of stuff to sink your teeth in to until you decide you don't want to any more.

In Most Wanted, there's dozens of cars which all have their own subset of races and it would take ages to do them all. You can become most wanted without doing them all, but to get the fun from the game you don't need to.

Similar with Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise.

I put 13 hours into Burnout Paradise and had an absolute blast with it and it was one of my favorite racing games ever. I only got maybe half way through the game but still felt fully fulfilled.

I think most modern racing games aren't really designed for you to finish and complete everything. It often just seems like a massive bulk of stuff to sink your teeth in to until you decide you don't want to any more.

Very true, and I certainly have a distaste for that type of thing. If anything I need to demo/rent these things more instead of just going off of reviews.

I feel the same about golf games. Last awesome one IMO was Links 2004. Nothing else has come close and I wish they would reboot it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Very true, and I certainly have a distaste for that type of thing. If anything I need to demo/rent these things more instead of just going off of reviews.

I feel the same about golf games. Last awesome one IMO was Links 2004. Nothing else has come close and I wish they would reboot it.

If there was a good place or way to rent these games that would probably be a good way to go about it! For PC, I'd probably say just wait for something like a Steam sale or GMG sale so that you can get in low risk.

Top Bottom