• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

These prices are pretty nuts.

Since the DLC arrived and I bought it on the 360 I'm getting the following message every time I boot the game.

"A storage device containing downloadable content has been removed. You will now be returned to the title screen."

This is just irritating, so I deleted the DLC file and redownloaded it. Still get the message upon boot up. :|

So even after that message, I'm then prompted with a message asking if I want to download the latest update for the game, and if I don't my online experience will be limited.

The really annoying part? This has happened with one other Xbox 360 game in the past 6 years. That game was NFS: Hot Pursuit. :/

Obviously these idiots are doing something stupid with the DLC that is causing this to happen, but they won't fix it.
Oh my. I'm not the only one that was annoyed with this on both this and Hot Pursuit!

Edit: WELP! It fixed my problem, but looks like Most Wanted with it's new content decided that even though I've unlocked all the cars and content, I've never unlocked anything, so I'm starting with a fully unlocked game with no mods available.

The airport is connected through a new offramp on the northeast end of the highway loop. It has one entrance tunnel, and it's locked away if you try to drive into it with the content.

red731

I was out of the loop on games for a while, but when I started ps3 yesterday, I was greeted with ~2.2gb download for most wanted.
I've read that there are like 5 new cars and something else.

Would someone be so nice a point me to direction where I can see what was added, patched and so on? Thanks in advance.

ed: so I take the video that is up as an answer, smiley face

Lima

This DLC is pretty good and packed. Grab the deluxe bundle guys.

15 new cars, a new area, 75 new races and two new game modes and several new mods and other unlocks.

And it has the BMW M3 GTR from the original Most Wanted. Ace

Can I just say, even though I love this game, the DLC pricing on MOD unlocks is absolutely bullshit. Can't believe how much all the DLC packs cost this time around.

I was out of the loop on games for a while, but when I started ps3 yesterday, I was greeted with ~2.2gb download for most wanted.
I've read that there are like 5 new cars and something else.

Would someone be so nice a point me to direction where I can see what was added, patched and so on? Thanks in advance.

ed: so I take the video that is up as an answer, smiley face
If you've been out of the loop for a while, then you also didn't see the other DLC "Ultimate Speed Pack" that showed up before this batch.

Lima

Can I just say, even though I love this game, the DLC pricing on MOD unlocks is absolutely bullshit. Can't believe how much all the DLC packs cost this time around.

Why would you want to buy the MOD unlocks? You can unlock them all by just playing the game.

And the other DLCs are absolutely worth it if you grab the deluxe bundle. There is tons of new content with that.

netBuff

Why would you want to buy the MOD unlocks? You can unlock them all by just playing the game.

And the other DLCs are absolutely worth it if you grab the deluxe bundle. There is tons of new content with that.

I don't know - €25 for what amount to some pretty tepid additions & €10 for the Ultimate Speed Pack. I think their offerings are way overpriced.

Lima

2000 points is less than 20€. Don't know where you buy your points.

And yes I've been playing the DLC all day and it is absolutely worth it if you like the base game.

DLC trailer whch explains what your buying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqcoxgpXbX4 or you can read this: http://www.needforspeed.com/news/most-wanted-download-content-extravaganza-0

PS3 and Xbox 360 get the DLC now, for PC players the DLC will be released on March 12th. No mention of Vita or WiiU 8(
Dammit it looks great .. and i love how there is new areas to explore and content but .. this price ...24.99€ is a lot..

15 new cars are great, new area is great ... it's just above my tolerance.... and i guess that out of the new races available , there are repeats like with the original game ?

bs000

I just noticed I lost all my Ultimate Speed Pack jack spots after downloading the new DLC. I only have the Venom GT jack spots, and a couple I found again driving around. Did that happen to anyone else?

Xdye7

Just played multiplayer for the first time since the patch. Ram chassis is overpowered as fuck, that shit shouldn't work against other players.

I don't know if I just got unlucky, but in the 2 hours or so I played tonight, all I got was car restricted speedlists which was annoying as fuck because I couldn't make any progress on unlocking the new DLC cars or on the 3 goddamn cars unlocked from the start. Why aren't they all unlocked by default? And just to fuck with you, Criterion made it 6 events for each car so it takes more than one speedlist for an unlock.

Also got a corrupt save for the fourth time, minutes after completing all the new DLC events/cars for single player. Security gates and billboards back to zero again...

Lima

Love this game. New DLC all done. If you are an achievement/trophy hunter, plan to spend some time on the multiplayer with the new DLC.

Driving 2000 miles is serious business. Can't wait to get the WiiU version soon.

Also got a corrupt save for the fourth time, minutes after completing all the new DLC events/cars for single player. Security gates and billboards back to zero again...

You have no luck , dude.

Seriously .. progress reset for the 4th time ? That's seriously impressive. NOw it's clear that you're activating a glitch of some sort

Just played multiplayer for the first time since the patch. Ram chassis is overpowered as fuck, that shit shouldn't work against other players.

I don't know if I just got unlucky, but in the 2 hours or so I played tonight, all I got was car restricted speedlists which was annoying as fuck because I couldn't make any progress on unlocking the new DLC cars or on the 3 goddamn cars unlocked from the start. Why aren't they all unlocked by default? And just to fuck with you, Criterion made it 6 events for each car so it takes more than one speedlist for an unlock.

PS3 version?

I have yet to hear of someone having their 360 save file corrupted, but I'm still nervous it could happen.

Skidd

I just started downloading a 2GB patch... any info on what it includes?

Edit: I guess it's all just for the DLC.

Xdye7

PS3 version?

I have yet to hear of someone having their 360 save file corrupted, but I'm still nervous it could happen.

Yeah.

It seems to happen only on PS3 and Criterion isn't going to fix it because they want you to think the PS3 HDD is at fault.

All three corrupted saves prior to last night were caused by a freeze during a save while in a multiplayer game. Last night's corrupt save was caused by a freeze while entering a multiplayer lobby (I was at the loading screen) and the red HDD access icon wasn't up. As soon as my ps3 finished the system file restore thing I checked the save (which was now in the Unknown folder, instead of the Most Wanted folder) and it was still recognized as an intact save, displaying the game icon and info. I backed out to check the Most Wanted folder only to see it didn't exist anymore (just like after previous corrupt saves). I checked the unknown folder again and now the same save from before was magically corrupted. The three previous times they were all corrupted right off the bat so I dunno what's going on.

Also, does anyone have any idea what the game is constantly saving during multiplayer? The only link between singleplayer and multiplayer that I know of is that your mods/revenge/paint won't save in multiplayer for certain cars from the most wanted list, if you haven't beaten and taken down that car in singleplayer. So, every time you switch to a certain most wanted car in multiplayer you'll have to choose all the stuff again.

The numbers for speed cameras, billboards, and security gates are stored online, but if they've been broken/triggered seems to be stored on the save because you can make progress on them in singleplayer and multiplayer. So for example if I smash a security gate after starting all over again, it will say 1/135 smashed and I'll get the milestone for first security gate smashed, but then when
I look at the leaderboard after smashing it, it will display 123 which was the highest amount I've smashed before being reset for the first time. That was on my original save and I've never gotten back up to that many because I keep losing all progress.

PS3 version?

Partial, I guess. I know that both my Aventador mods/race stats were all reset, and the game decided that I actually hadn't unlocked 1 car (which took forever to figure out it was the mp4-12c.

The audio seems to be even more choppier than ever before. Is this happening to the other versions?

Partial, I guess. I know that both my Aventador mods/race stats were all reset, and the game decided that I actually hadn't unlocked 1 car (which took forever to figure out it was the mp4-12c.

The audio seems to be even more choppier than ever before. Is this happening to the other versions?

Which version are you talking about?

Lima

The first DLC for this game, the Ultimate Speed Pack was 50% off earlier this year. I forgot when that pack first came out though.

Nutcasey

crispyben

An update to the Need for Speed Autolog iPhone App is out now here:

US Store

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/need-for-speed-autolog/id406011579?mt=8&uo=4" target="itunes_store

UK Store

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/need-for-speed-autolog/id406013089?mt=8&uo=4

This has a special feature that lets you find the last of your missing collectables within the world if you sign in with the account you use with the game. It's all free of course from Criterion Games.
Am I reading this right?

To get access to these new App features you need to at least play DLC 2 in Need For Speed Most Wanted.
Yep, no discoverables without DLC... Fuck you EA!

ismaboof

How are you supposed to link your psn name with that app? All I can connect is my Origin account with the same email as my psn and I can't access anything.

Edit: Click the Origin button in the top left.

Skyzard

Banned
Criterion, I gave up quick on DLC for the Vita version, long ago. How the fuck have you still not fixed the freezing bug when connected to autolog with quite a few friends. Extremely poor. Singleplayer in airplane mode is a million times smoother. What a shite alternate camera as well, make it hood not useless bumper. What's going on, what happened, these are such basic things, I feel like asking for cop and racer AI improvements (since they're shite or bugged on a few areas) is asking for you to land on the moon. It's been months, not a single itty bitty update and the game wasn't cheap. Muddy, muddy soiling.

Top Bottom