• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U Demo!Dat EA support.[Alex Ward of Criterion Games]

I don't see what's the big deal. A good port, that's fine and dandy but that's all. Gamepad again having a minor use that is geared more towards inexperienced users (same as Rayman Legends gamepad player) so it's retreading the Wii with its accessible motion control for all players.

And there's nothing preventing Criterion patching in this official 'trainer' on PC to be used through hotkeys.

and what is wrong with that?

I don't see what's the big deal. A good port, that's fine and dandy but that's all. Gamepad again having a minor use that is geared more towards inexperienced users (same as Rayman Legends gamepad player) so it's retreading the Wii with its accessible motion control for all players.

And there's nothing preventing Criterion patching in this official 'trainer' on PC to be used through hotkeys.
Thats big deal to me atleast

lherre

Accurate
So finally the only technical thing "upgraded" are the textures, right? The rest is the same than ps360 builds (features aside).

SmokyDave

Damn why isn't this in a new thread? Buried in here I almost missed it.

I'll create the thread for you:

OP: See! Wii-U is more powerful than 360 / PS3! Lazy Devs!

1st Reply: Still weak compared to 720 / PS4.

2nd Reply: Graphics don't matter! Only gameplay! Weakest system always wins!

3rd Reply: Kaz.gif

There you go.

So finally the only technical thing "upgraded" are the textures, right? The rest is the same than ps360 builds (features aside).

Night Time is very different the dev seems to be very proud of it.

Miiverse+Autolog was my most wanted feature and they seem to have it

There you go.
Hey hey we can keep it here if all that is gonna happen no need to shit this one up.

Better lighting also not sure what category thats in. They say they purposely start the Wii U versiom at night to show these things off specfically.

freddy

Banned

Is that really the way you'd phrase the thread? You'd be letting your love of all things Nintendo set the tone I'm afraid. You can do better than that, surely.

SmokyDave

Is that really the way you'd phrase the thread? You'd be letting your love of all things Nintendo set the tone I'm afraid. You can do better than that, surely.

I can't help it man, I'm just so excited!

(Seriously though, Most Wanted is a great game. If you were going to get a cracking port this is the game you'd want it to be).

javac

There you go.

You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Awesome job by Criterion. I always pick up their racers eventually. This just thread just sold me on the Wii U version when I get to it.

kinggroin

Banned
Wasn't it Evilore's rule, new news new thread? I'd post one for that interview, but then I'm presented with a dilemma.

We'll finally have an article that's as close to a confirmation that the Wii U is more powerful than the 7 yr old 360, hopefully silencing the doubters.

....but then we'll have an article that's as close to confirmation that Wii U is more powerful than the 7 yr old 360.

DF said:
Many ports have failed to impress in the transition to Wii U, but Criterion's tech credentials are second to none and there's a strong argument that Most Wanted U is the best-looking version yet. We could say that we were stress-testing physics, lighting and effects when we put together this vid, but really we were just having fun.

The bolded part is what does the best job in getting me hyped :)

Edit: The gameplay capture.

EditEdit: beaten

Bulzeeb

I have some questions, does this game features split screen or local off-line multiplayer? and does this game has some kind of on-line pass?

v1oz

I said this many times. The CPU isn't weak it is just different. So straight porting from the current gen hardware isn't going to show results. The good thing is that the Durango and ps4 have similar CPUs so at least down ports won't be completely out of the question.

I think the CPU is still an issue. Which is why MP has gone from 8 to 6 players.

I think the CPU is still an issue. Which is why MP has gone from 8 to 6 players.

probably far more likely that online was still a big unknown almost up to system launch, in one of the vids they mention if it had come out at system launch it wouldn't have had any online

Effect

First 3rd party game with full Miiverse integration too. Nice to see Criterion used the delay to add to the game.

Indeed. This is going to be an interesting test of how well full Miiverse integration and the WaraWara plaza can sell a game. This could easily push the game to the plaza by the night of it's release. I

The only other games that use it like this are NSMBU and Nintendo Land. Both the only great selling games on the system.

To get this game sooner rather then later EOIV is going to have to wait until later in the year or perhaps next. Luigi's Mansion 2 is going have to wait until April instead of a March pick up. Same for Pandora's Tower (only because I know it will likely be a limited run and Wii games can't be downloaded). I don't feel comfortable pushing it off further as I might not be able to get a copy at a reasonable price.

Ydahs

Looking great, but that ain't Need for Speed. It's Burnout!

Will definitely consider since I absolutely adored Burnout Paradise.

We benefited by not quite being there for launch - we got a lot of that support that wasn't there at day one... the tools, everything."

"Tools and software were the biggest challenges by a long way... the fallout of that has always been the biggest challenge here," Idries reaffirms. "[Wii U] is a good piece of hardware, it punches above its weight. For the power consumption it delivers in terms of raw wattage it's pretty incredible. Getting to that though, actually being able to use the tools from Nintendo to leverage that, was easily the hardest part."

Confirms what I was talking about before.

There you go.

Nah. It might reach 200 posts and then it would die off.

I hope Wii U owners actually buy this game now that it's confirmed to be a definitive version.

I'll dip in man, but regardless of port status, quality, amount of content etc., everyone has a price on their entertainment, and I won't buy a game for £50. Full stop, foot down, regardless of what it is, it's not happening. If I can get it for £40 at launch though, I'll do it.

"Tools and software were the biggest challenges by a long way... the fallout of that has always been the biggest challenge here," Idries reaffirms. "[Wii U] is a good piece of hardware, it punches above its weight. For the power consumption it delivers in terms of raw wattage it's pretty incredible. Getting to that though, actually being able to use the tools from Nintendo to leverage that, was easily the hardest part."

Hahaha, I can only imagine USC-fan's reaction when he reads this.

GL00YCF.gif

HeySeuss

Trailer looked nice. I didn't see any frame rate issues but I noticed some pop in a few times on some trees. Granted, I was looking for it though, might not have noticed it otherwise.

Is this a full priced game at 5999 or will it be 4999?

FLAguy954

Hahaha, I can only imagine USC-fan's reaction when he reads this.

GL00YCF.gif

DF article with Ward is pretty good. Basically confirms Wii U is weaker in some areas than current gen and stronger in others and if you can build around that you can see minor improvements in games.

Still disappointing that areas like parts of the CPU ended up worse than current gen though.

You can never win with the guy smh. (Van Owen is USC-fan's right hand so I seen this quote as appropriate)

EDIT: DOH! Quoted the wrong user
EDIT 2: I think they are two peas in a pod so meh

Top Bottom