• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U Demo!Dat EA support.[Alex Ward of Criterion Games]

Not only that: came back with a small Wii U team

And in two months.
Not quite. There was some solid news by a gaf insider that said the Wii U version was pretty close to ship last fall until the decision to delay it came down. These past couple months where for polish, as the president in the video says.

Skyzard

Banned
It's a very fun game but just be dubious about pre-ordering. I'd wait till it's been confirmed not to have big issues and is running how you'd like it to. Polish could just be waiting for userbase growth.

They haven't exactly been supporting this that well across the platforms (although there aren't major issues, just a few minor things that really annoy me, might be specific to the Vita version anyway), no improvements or fixes that I'd liked to have seen.

Despite it being a good game, Criterion no longer have me buying with confidence like they used to.

6 instead of 8 probably due to cpu limits but I wouldn't worry, should be a lot of fun and less frustrating :p

Coolwhip

Banned
The last time I played racing games was on the N64. Top Gear Rally and World Driver Championship. I wonder if I should try it again with this game.

ASTROID2

Was going to already get this but hearing about everything their doing to the Wii U version makes me want it even more. It's about time a dev really tries on the Wii U.

VariantX

You mean to say if a talented third party developer actually takes the fucking time and learns the hardware, they can make a game on WiiU with IMPROVED visuals over the 360/PS3? Get outta town!

This is horrible news. Now, I have THREE games to buy on WiiU in March.

I'm thinking budget and time are also two equally important factors here as well. Just exactly how much time was available to developers after they got their hands on the finalized hardware in the dev kits?

Flakster99

I was NOT planning on buying this game, truly. However, I have an unspoken for 60$ which was going to be put to use elsewhere, not anymore.

What a tremendous attitude the folks at Criterion have, and that video impressed me enough to give them my 60$. :)

AzaK

Lets separate EA and Criterion here shall we, the amount of extra effort Criterion put into their games is far beyond any other EA property. The amount of extra shit we got for free on Burnout Paradise is just amazing.

That is exactly what I was saying. If he has a dilemma about buying EA games, change his view to not buy shitty ones. Therefore, buy this one.

Man I want to see a side by side of this against PS3 or 360 to get an idea as to what they changed as I have no idea if it looks any different.

He actually says at about 9:16 they're using the textures from the high-end PC version of the game. Nice.

Only 6 player online though, weird.

So, trend is for developers who worked on the ports to produce parity/surpass? (Trine 2) Although Mass Effect is somewhat of an exception, with that being better than PS3, but not 360, and being ported by Straight Right. Any other examples of the original team/developers working on Wii U that I'm forgetting?

Not quite. There was some solid news by a gaf insider that said the Wii U version was pretty close to ship last fall until the decision to delay it came down. These past couple months where for polish, as the president in the video says.

It wasn't solid news, and no, the port wasn't anywhere near to close to final.

Stop repeating those "insider" "solid news" because they aren't right. The port was developed afterwards, I can assure you.

majik13

that he is sold or that the WiiU version is the prettiest console version? The answer to the latter is WiiU's internal Pikmin

the dev in the video actually says "on wiiu it is by far the best looking version of the game" no qualifier was used. I think even says somethign similar saying the night time lighting is much better as well, on any platform. He could have easily forgotten to say "console version" though...

And I think I read a comment saying the PC version wasn't that hot. But I guess we will see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0eH3DmUgokk#t=108s

AzaK

the dev in the video actually says "on wiiu it is by far the best looking version of the game" no qualifier was used. I think even says somethign similar saying the night time lighting is much better as well, on any platform. He could have easily forgotten to say "console version" though...

And I think I read a comment saying the PC version wasn't that hot. But I guess we will see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0eH3DmUgokk#t=108s

FYI: In the other video recently posted he does say "console version".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_aqNUG05auQ#t=553s

Great to hear, I haven't been a fan of Criterion for a while now but this 'making an actual effort' thing deserves kudos (and sales).

In the Gamespot video, he confirms the March 19th release date which means this, Monster Hunter, and LEGO City all pretty much at the same time.

WTF

best explanation of co-driver in video form so far (should be added to OP)

since the co-driver using the gamepad also can control the car I wonder if you can just used co-driver as a Single player experience?

I don't have anyone here that will help me I guess I could find a way to use both, seems like a nice little Godmode feature if you can control the car off the gamepad in that mode

cannot wait

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If I hadn't already played the hell out of this game on Vita I'd pick this up. I love how Criterion always seem to put in the maximum effort that they can for each platform, regardless of audience/userbase/sales potential etc (Vita, Wii U). Nice to see.

It might bite me in the ass but I'm digital only. Make it easy on me ea.

I'm going to support this game regardless but I am holding off pre-ordering the disc until we know of the eShop fate for this, hope they go both ways.

I know my eShop support is not counted on NPD but I love my digital laziness

I don't put much play time into ME3 and codBO2 and Nintendo Land due to this crazy laziness I have lol

this game needs eShop digital it screams it

I'm going to support this game regardless but I am holding off pre-ordering the disc until we know of the eShop fate for this, hope they go both ways.

I know my eShop support is not counted on NPD but I love my digital laziness

I don't put much play time into ME3 and codBO2 and Nintendo Land due to this crazy laziness I have lol

this game needs eShop digital it screams it

agreed. but I'm keeping my pre-order in the hope I get that sick custom Caterham that was the pre-order bonus for the 360/PS3 versions. If not, I'll just cancel the pre-order ;) All games that support off screen play should be available digitally.

Agent X

The preview is very well done. It looks like they've gone the extra mile to support the Wii U with a quality conversion, along with taking advantage of some of the system's features.

Top Bottom