• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need Help with wireless console networking

stewy

OK, what's a good wireless setup for the Xbox and PS2? I currently have a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router in the computer room, which has a strong signal out to the game room. I have the Xbox and PS2 running through a Pelican system selector.

So the question is: what's a good wireless adapter to get for this setup? Running a long-ass ethernet cable across the house is not an option. I also have an Apple AirPort Express, but it just doesn't want to work properly in this situation.

Please help.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...426523-4933752?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

B0000AJVBW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I made due on this, it kicks ass

HokieJoe

You could also get the Linksys WGA54G Wireless-G Gaming Adapter. Either should work fine, but as you're probably aware, a class G network adapter is faster. You might get a little better long range reception with the B adapter though.

I would definitely get the 54g Linksys Wireless adaptor (WGA54G), which I use for my Ps2 and Xbox. Someone I know has the cigarette pack one above and has had serious problems adjusting the settings for SSID and WEP. I'm sure it may just be an isolated thing, but given the dropping prices I still think 54g is the way to go.

Saurus

I'd recommend the Linksys gaming adapter as well. Be carefuly with 2.4 ghz phones though, mine KILLED the connection to XBL.

truffleshuffle83 said:
the d link gamers lounge adapter kicks all kinds of ass and is easily set up through the xbox dashboard

I approve of this. I just got the D-Link GamergLounge router... And it owns my old Linksys WRT54G.

Top Bottom