• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some nice & professional looking Logo designs for a school - Mini Contest $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

imagejlxot.png

Fuck. I'd pay $300 for this beast.

HUELEN10

Um. I would probably call this bad taste.

Specifically the "Ching Ching Chong" one.

As for the Huelen is poor comments, please stop; is it not enough that I went through financial hardship, almost lost my home, and had to deal with a huge money investment in legal fees to protect my family from a criminal? Jesus...

"i want to practice drawing so post a picture and i'll draw you portrait!"

"my friend is opening a bitching school for top tier business people with top tier teachers situated in a bustling main square of a large city. $30 lol"

has nothing to do with any of this, it has to do with me trying to do it on my own with my own funds and thinking there are some nice guys on gaf

which there are some nice guys on gaf, yes I agree but things have changed over the last two year's here imo...

People have lost respect for people around here and they would rather be mean than to hold their tongue.

Specifically the "Ching Ching Chong" one.

As for the Huelen is poor comments, please stop; is it enough that I went through financial hardship, almost lost my home, and had to deal with a huge money investment in legal fees to protect my family? Jesus...

I have no idea what this is about but Im sorry people have to continually be rude and mean to others here. No matter what you did, people should be nice to others imo

halfbeast

Banned
has nothing to do with any of this, it has to do with me trying to do it on my own with my own funds and thinking there are some nice guys on gaf

which there are some nice guys on gaf, yes I agree but things have changed over the last two year's here imo...

People have lost respect for people around here and they would rather be mean than to hold their tongue.

you're right. and I'm sorry, if I was disrespectful with my joke post. ok, let me help you get the funds to hire a professional. come an scrub my toilet weekly for 5 bucks and you'll get your money in NO time!

deal?

you're right. and I'm sorry, if I was disrespectful with my joke post. ok, let me help you get the funds to hire a professional. come an scrub my toilet weekly for 5 bucks and you'll get your money in NO time!

deal?

what's the point of even saying this? What do we accomplish exactly?

You don't like the idea or the deal, say it and that's fine. But this shit that makes zero sense and has no logic behind it? Not sure what I should even say about what your actually saying.

Alucrid

Banned

actually you're right. the submissions 2+ years ago were way better

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487406

213372bu

Banned
actually you're right. the submissions 2+ years ago were way better

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487406

These threads always turn out the same...

Assuming this thread's not buried in a few minutes...

1) A bunch of people will make really shitty logos as a joke
2) One or two people might start bitching about how annoying it is that people just post on forums for logos instead of going through the proper venues and paying starving graphic artists
3) At least one person will end up saying, "ah, fuck it" and then design some kick-ass logo with awesome graphic design skills (they won't ask for money)
4) The OP will say "Thanks dude!" and we'll never see him post again.

Hopefully GAF won't disappoint.
One more step to go.

Lesath

Graphic designers are not artists: they sell an expertise and a process. Sorry if people are being mean, but you're essentially offering pennies for professional work, and that's pretty damn insulting too.

I'm atleast honest and fair. So people don't like the offer and the idea, that's ok.

I understand people are busy and doing work for more money. I don't deny this.

I'm not trying to insult anyone, i'd love to pay more to get something good if possible. Like I said, I thought it was fun and to enjoy the work of gaf.

So, I will say I was wrong and we can get a company to make one or she can. It won't be impossible or anything. I just try to enjoy gaf's company with what I have.

I am not trying to be disrespectful

You won't get anything good with $30. Even for fun, add another zero or two, and people might pay attention. Think about how much it's worth to have a good looking logo, compared to that, $30 is basically free.

I know graphic design isn't cheap but holy fuck, I would never pay someone $3000 for a logo. Maybe if I was Google. :D

Graphic designers are not artists: they sell an expertise and a process. Sorry if people are being mean, but you're essentially offering pennies for professional work, and that's pretty damn insulting too.

I don't get why graphic designers hold their nose up in the air like this all of the time. I get paid shittons of money in the IT industry and yet pour hours of my free time into helping strangers online with software questions or fixing their computers.

KissVibes

Banned
I don't get why graphic designers hold their nose up in the air like this all of the time. I get paid shittons of money in the IT industry and yet pour hours of my free time into helping strangers online with software questions or fixing their computers.

Sorry people value their time and you don't.

I know graphic design isn't cheap but holy fuck, I would never pay someone $3000 for a logo. Maybe if I was Google. :D

Let's say you know that a $3000 dollar logo will net you $6000, or hell, $18,000 in sales/new customers coming to your business that you wouldn't have gotten with a cheaper logo or no new logo at all. Still worth it?

Clockwork5

deal?
Wow why are you being such a dick?

Lesath

Yeah, but you'd pay someone $3000 to work for a month on something. So a month to familiarize himself or herself with the company and the product, the competition, drafting concepts, refining them with your vision and making sure it fits on everything from letterheads to T-shirts.

For the record, I'm a biologist. I'm just related to a graphic designer, and I've seen her process for several companies she's designed logos for. Anyway, I mean it's nice that you volunteer to troubleshoot for people, but that's somewhat different than actually creating something.

Alucrid

Banned
And I'm sure a lot of them help out design gaming ot graphics just like people help others figuring what's wrong with their gaming rig. But this is hardly helping out neogaf or another gaffer.

blackadde

how many IT competitions have you entered for 30 bucks?

Burai

shitonmychest57

deal?

Whoah, why do you have to be such a disrespectful prick?

Everyone knows in the professional toilet cleaning industry that you have several people around to clean your toilet and the best one wins $5. Get the fuck out with your guaranteed payment shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm only doing unto others!

So are the graphic artists. OP may have not meant to be insulting, but an unintended insult is still an insult. A couple of people are definitely being too dickish, but to be fair, OP continues to double down with sob stories and talking about how GAF just isn't "mature" enough to handle a request to basically do work for free.

I posted a video that I doubt OP watched, but it really puts his request into perspective.

I admit I wish I had money in the bank to pay for a lot of things.

Wand, I am having issues with my computer and VPN at the moment so I haven't been able to check everything.

Alucrid

Banned
So are the graphic artists. OP may have not meant to be insulting, but an unintended insult is still an insult. A couple of people are definitely being too dickish, but to be fair, OP continues to double down with sob stories and talking about how GAF just isn't "mature" enough to handle a request to basically do work for free.

I posted a video that I doubt OP watched, but it really puts his request into perspective.
It's an argument he falls back on a lot when his threads backfire

cbox

Hey op, are you getting away with not paying your teachers aswell? Free rent too?

You can't expect professional results for $30 dollars.

OP, you should try this : https://www.fiverr.com

that is done for 5 dollars? Well, seems more like a site for fun I guess.

I know a lot of places out there and people that work for even less than 30 dollars. I am not trying to say they are better or that I can just go to them.

I just have been reading the gaf community for a long long time and there are some talented people here.

I see things go well sometimes, sometimes it's just a pile. So, i am aware of what can happen.

This thread is probably not directed to you professional designers/artists, so just relax.
Hell, it's totally not my field, but I may try making one, just for fun.

Hey op, are you getting away with not paying your teachers aswell? Free rent too?

You can't expect professional results for $30 dollars.

Well, if you are reading what I said all of this is basically answered.

I said this is being payed for out of my own pocket and to be honest I have less than 600 dollars and I won't be payed until the first of the month.

I also said I just wanted to create and have something on my own to give my friend.

She will be able to pay the costs to a company to make the logo made. She doesn't even know I'm trying to make it.

So, what you are saying doesn't really compute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom