• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need some nice & professional looking Logo designs for a school - Mini Contest $30

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
awdVr2d.png

i'd buy that for a dollar

for a few years after college i was lucky enough to work in a design/ad position.

$30 wouldn't buy you ad space made with clipart and default fonts.

It might buy you a text only in the classifieds

Dalek

When I saw the thread title and the page count was already at 3, I knew immediately how this was going to pan out. The restaurant comparison earlier was perfect.

ericexpo

Curious about how you settled on $30 for the contest prize.

$3 per word seems fair.
I enjoy that if an item isn't tangible then it can be done for free. the design professions really destroyed themselves in past and it's been a horrible up hill battle since.

hazukash

Reminds me of that thread where people talked about certain professions being taken for granted. Graphic designer, the job anyone with Paint can do for $30.

Well, if gaf feel it's bad the price will be ok for most on other freelance sites and such.

I'm simply just paying for it on my on and I had seen similar threads on gaf before for 20 dollars or giving away a few steam codes and people didn't seem to mind to try it.

Anyways, I tried my own just for fun but I always fail and make it bad

You may laugh at it :) just a quick one that would need font and other major edits

I never can get things to be smooth in PS, I guess I'm just really bad with it. lol

I settled on 30 dollars though cause when you only make about 600 dollars a month it's hard to part with money when you gotta eat. As I was saying, it was more of I thought someone on gaf could make something nice and I could give it to my friend and what not.

If it doesn't work out then yeah I'll let her to go a design company and she can pay for it and I'll help her choose one. And yes, I guess it will be about 200 dollars or more. maybe 1800rmb or more actually.

I completely understand people who do this work and learn it and want a lot of money for it. I just don't have that much money and I have had a lot of costs recently with my computer breaking, heater breaking and so on and so on.

I admit that I look at artwork as a form of fun and something I just like to do.

MlN2qi9.jpg
that ain't my xbox lol

I admit I want something more professional and maybe a bit more depth to the 360 logo idea, with the emphasis I can layer out course work in adverts using the 360 circle to stem from.

Great thread. I just read through it -- you really received some excellent submissions!
Yep, I did my research before holding that contest. The first thing that research told me is don't ask for final work.

What I did instead is that I gave all entrants the same exact design task to weed out the amateurs, one that wouldn't take more than an hour or two, and then chose semi-finalists who started at the stage this clown is starting at: actual design of the logo based on certain loose ideas/criteria.

And I paid each the semi-finalists and finalists $200 or more in addition to the winner's prize of $1,500. What a sad thread this is (and a hilarious one it will be)
lol.gif

213372bu

Banned
Just go on Fivr and get one of those living memes to draw something for you for $5.

And if it sucks just give it to the next meme.

Memes are inline with memetic thinking so they are good for starting businesses.

Mariolee

I settled on 30 dollars though cause when you only make about 600 dollars a month it's hard to part with money when you gotta eat. As I was saying, it was more of I thought someone on gaf could make something nice and I could give it to my friend and what not.

But I mean, graphic designers gotta eat too bruh.

I understand this thread is going no where, but thanks for the laughs guys.

I like the xbox jokes lol.

it's ok, I'll hit up a few other places. No harm, and it's fine.

Now I really feel bad for one of my friends who draws books for 5 bucks an hour :(

www.fiverr.com $5 and done.

I think OP's intentions were in the right place.

Some GAFers draw super detailed portraits for free in that one thread that would easily cost hundreds of dollars normally.

Or for free, I dunno.... sometimes I feel my ideas always go to shit I don't know why. I'm a nice guy, as nice to any stranger as I am my family. I see other things done for free or for a game and then it's the opposite when I up the value a bit. Maybe that was my problem, should have said free.

I understand this thread is going no where, but thanks for the laughs guys.

I like the xbox jokes lol.

it's ok, I'll hit up a few other places. No harm, and it's fine.

Now I really feel bad for one of my friends who draws books for 5 bucks an hour :(

I think unfortunately you seem to be dealing with a pay imbalance due to locale going by your other posts. It seems that $30 may be adequate compensation where you are at, but for the majority of gaffers it would be inadequate compensation. I would suggest looking more locally if that is possible.

I made a couple of options.

It's just a joke! I'll remove it if people think this is in bad taste.

Um. I would probably call this bad taste.

Alucrid

Banned
www.fiverr.com $5 and done.

I think OP's intentions were in the right place.

Some GAFers draw super detailed portraits for free in that one thread that would easily cost hundreds of dollars normally.

"i want to practice drawing so post a picture and i'll draw you portrait!"

"my friend is opening a bitching school for top tier business people with top tier teachers situated in a bustling main square of a large city. $30 lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom