• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF’s Official Game Soundtracks of the 6th Generation: Results and Archive

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The results from NeoGAF's Game Soundtracks of the 6th Generation vote are below. Additionally, we are still in the process of building out a discography for the winning composers, and filling out the archive with all of the soundtracks that were discussed during the voting phase. Enjoy!

Results

1. Shadow of the Colossus – 259 points, 2 honorable mentions

TlMlkEF.jpg

Makoto Yuki said:
It's almost otherworldly (Silence), ethereal (Prologue) and mysterious (Creeping Shadow). Just a few of the tracks that fit The Forbidden Lands so perfectly. When fighting the Colossi, the music changes from wispy and desolate to something more earthly and violent. Grotesque Figures highlights how awe-inspiring and intimidating the colossi are. The Opened Way is filled with a determined vigor, aiming to down the towering behemoths. A Violent Encounter establishes a sense of urgency throughout. It's the juxtaposition between the bleak serenity of the before mentioned tracks, to the ones played during colossi encounters that helps make the soundtrack so memorable.
Famassu said:
Prime example of how music can enhance the whole experience in profound ways. Shadow of the Colossus simply wouldn't be the magical experience it is without this soundtrack. The resting-places of the colossi are filled with eerie, haunting melodies that fit the environments and fighting against the colossi have suitably epic and tailored-to-each-colossi combat music to go with the experiences.
Axelstream said:
Ko Otani’s work with Shadow of the Colossus is heavy with the burdened fate of its protagonist, immense with power, mystery, and silence. I don’t think gaming has seen a soundtrack quite like this one since its release, and for its utterly sublime highs, I have no qualms with calling it the best soundtrack of its console generation.

2. Metroid Prime – 213 points, 4 honorable mentions

uXn1D1h.jpg

Composers: Kenji Yamamoto, Kouichi Kyoma

Phendrana Drifts
Tallon Overworld
Title Theme

McNum said:
As I said in the Game of the Generation vote, Metroid Prime came out of nowhere, and it's soundtrack is... unique. The series as a whole has a distinct sound from instruments and tune alone. The heavy synth beats, the whining whistle, the soft choirs. You don't even need to look up the name of the game, you just know it's Metroid Prime.
Earthpainting said:
I already used the word "haunting" in this post before, but I think Metroid Prime practically begs me to use it again to describe it. Prime has one of those soundtracks that feels cold and isolated, which is one of the frequently brought up feelings when describing the game's atmosphere. I wonder how much of that can be directly attributed to its music. The music is full of electronic "noise" and high pitched theremin-esque sounds, really helping set the sci-fi mood. I think the track people associate most with this game is the menu theme. It's so cool and well-liked that people easily forget that this is not its theme song or the theme that plays on the title screen. Another popular one, for good reason, is the Phendara Drifts theme. Not only does it perfectly capture the intense feeling of cold, it also sets up an atmosphere of eerieness and mystery. The song itself is quite understated and low-key, which makes it kind of surprising to see it stand out like it does.
Nocturnowl said:
Kenji Yamamoto’s score for Metroid Prime successfully breathes life into the alien world of Tallon IV with the electronic and synth heavy style within and is what I’d consider his top work. There’s a strong use of distorted sound and otherworldly noise to create ambient themes that lend a heavy dose of atmosphere to the decaying ruins within the planet and of course there’s the origin of good old Yamamoto choir synth that is something of a series staple and even later made the jump into DKCR of all things. The sound and music combo also goes a way into defining environments, Space Pirate bases carry this uneasy air of electronic background noise that can transition perfectly into the Pirate’s battle theme, the toxic phazon substance that devastated the planet is accompanied by a rather chilling radioactive sound that puts the player on immediate notice as it crackles away

3. Final Fantasy X – 202 points, 4 honorable mentions

ETmoqTw.jpg

Composers: Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano

To Zanarkand
Wandering Flame
Enemy Attack

Wazzy said:
What a soundtrack. There's so many emotional and beautiful tracks that really fit the atmosphere. The OST really knows how to contrast the more sorrowful music with hardcore tracks to get you pumped such as Overworld and Battle With Seymour. You have your hauntingly beautiful track with Hymn Of The Faith that fits into the religious tone making the game a well rounded mix of sounds. One of the best soundtracks in the Final Fantasy series.
GamerJM said:
One of the better FF OSTs. I don't really know how to explain this but this game's OST actually feels more like something out of gen 5 to me, idk it just kind of has a PS1ish vibe to it. Seymour's Battle Theme and of course To Zanarkand are some highlights. Really fits the vibe needed for the world of Spira.

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – 190 points, 5 honorable mentions

Q1n9ZTu.jpg

Composers: Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Toru Minegishi, Koji Kondo

Credits
Dragon Roost Island
The Legendary Hero

Anth0ny said:
The best looking game I’ve ever played also enjoys one of the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard. My standards for a new Zelda soundtrack are probably higher than any other franchise out there, and Wind Waker certainly passes that test with flying colors. The instrumentation used in Wind Waker is unlike any other Zelda title, boasting an Irish folk sound that meshes with the cel shaded, colourful art style so perfectly. For the first time, Koji Kondo wasn’t the head composer for a Zelda game, but that didn’t stop composers Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai and Toru Minegishi from creating another unforgettable soundtrack that is more than worthy of being attached to the Zelda name.

5. Persona 4 – 145 points, 3 honorable mentions

2sxPCuJ.jpg

Composers: Shoji Meguro, Atsushi Kitajoh, Ryota Koduka

I’ll Face Myself
Reach Out To The Truth
The Almighty

Axelstream said:
Persona 4’s brand of irresistible pop rock made for an arguably less interesting soundtrack than Persona 3’s, but a catchy one nonetheless. ”Pursuing My True Self” is a bombshell opener with its boom-boom drum claps and electric organ, and the Engrish doesn’t stop there. The melancholy ”Heaven” and the jazzy (and, in context, rather sad) ”Never More” stand out amidst a handful of vocal tunes. I also had ”Signs of Love” set as my ringtone for a good while, so there’s that. Shoji Meguro got to bare his rock fangs too with tracks like ”I’ll Face Myself –Battle-” and my personal favorite, ”Fog.” It’s very fun, stylish, accessible music, and for all of its imitators in the last few years, there’s still nothing quite like it.
demidar said:
The music plays such huge part in the overall feel of the game. When you first gain control, you go "What's up with the chirpy pop song?". You might like it, or not, but it's there and it gives a lively feel to the town of Inaba as you're exploring around; It's omnipresent so you start taking it for granted. Now here's the trick, on rainy days the music completely disappears, replaced by the sound of a gentle shower. All of a sudden, the town feels empty, completely drained of life; the mood is coloured blue. The white noise in the background and the uninhabited streets lends a disconcerting and serious atmosphere despite being geographically exactly the same. Not to mention the gravitas of rainy days heralding the impending doom of someone. You'd gladly welcome back that pulpy pop song.

6. Super Smash Bros. Melee – 121 points, 2 honorable mentions

lW2CIOf.png

Composers: A Who’s Who of VGM in the Japanese Games Industry

Mute City
Hyrule Temple
Fire Emblem

Axelstream said:
Look, Melee is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks like how my favorite food is a burger (stay with me for a moment!). Yes, a burger isn’t really anything complicated or earth shattering in cuisine. But nothing is more satisfying than a juicy, tasty burger, and that’s what Melee’s soundtrack is to me: immensely satisfying, every single time.
Nocturnowl said:
Even among SSB4 and its 400 plus tracks the Melee remixes are still among the stand outs that have endured through time, as much as I love the stylistic variety and sheer choice the series has now part of me longs to go back to the basics where every song counted and was treated with lavish care.
Anth0ny said:
There is one primary reason why Melee’s soundtrack works as well as it does: the incredible new arrangements that breathe new life into Nintendo’s greatest hits. The orchestrated versions of Nintendo’s classic themes in Melee are, to this day, the best they’ve ever sounded. Being a competitive player, I’ve played thousands of hours of Melee. This also means I play on just a few stages most of the time: Battlefield, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland 64. After close to 14 years of listening the same tracks over and over and over… I’m not tired of them. Not even close. In fact, I find myself listening to the beautiful Fountain of Dreams piece and the orchestrated Pokemon theme song that plays at Pokemon Stadium when I’m not playing Melee. The music in this game is that good.

7. Okami – 116 points, 0 honorable mentions

XQsvS5D.jpg

Composers: Masami Ueda, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Rei Kondoh, Akari Groves, JUN

Ryoshima Coast
Theme of Waka
Kamui of the Northern Lands

Earthpainting said:
Okami's soundtrack feels as big as the game is itself. The compositions are pretty lively and atmospheric by themselves already, but the big thing that makes them stand out to me is the fact that they incorporate just a crap ton of seemingly random sound effects into quite a lot of the tunes. These little sound effects give the entire game the feel of a Japanese play. Fitting, since that's pretty much what the game is going for to begin with. Perhaps it's just a westerner's perspective on this, but while I have played a lot of Japanese games, these cues and flourishes felt very fresh to me, in spite of being hella retro by design… Okami has just too many cool tracks to pick from, so I encourage you to check the entire thing out, or even better play the game.
Nocturnowl said:
Okami’s soundtrack is an interesting one for me, I always felt that much like the game itself I should like it more than I actually do, still when it shines it shines as bright as you’d expect from the sun goddess Amaterasu. Traditional Japanese instruments galore along with odd grunts because that’s a thing seemingly. It’s a truly vast soundtrack, I do find this creates a number of themes that fall short of the games stronger songs but it all fits the theme, you couldn’t ask for a more fitting soundtrack to accompany the brushstroked land of Nippon.

8. Kingdom Hearts – 115 points, 3 honorable mentions

kFmthJH.jpg

Composers: Yoko Shimomura, Hikaru Utada (Hikari), Jimmie Dodd (Mickey Mouse March), Richard M. Sherman (Winnie the Pooh), Robert B. Sherman (Winnie the Pooh), Alan Menken (Under the Sea), Danny Elfman (This is Halloween)

Dearly Beloved
Hollow Bastion
Hikari -PLANITb Remix- (Short Edit)

MrSaturn99 said:
The game has not aged well in the slightest, but fuck me if the soundtrack isn't incredible. Yoko Shimomura captures the essence of Disney to a tee, be it Destiny's Force, Gummi Ship 1, Neverland Sky, Traverse Town, or Scherzo Di Notte.
Makoto Yuki said:
Having played the NA version, I had the pleasure of hearing Simple and Clean (PLANETb Remix), but I feel like the original Hikari (Planetb Remix) deserves the credit. Utada Hikaru sings both versions beautifully might I add. The orchestrated version of Hikari and the ever enchanting Dearly Beloved have both become some of the most recognizable, dare I say beloved, tracks in Yoko Shimamura's catalog. Entering combat in Traverse Town, plays Hand in Hand. Which captures the enchanting nature of many Disney classics musical scores in an exciting way. Listening to these tracks again continue to increase my excitement for what she has in store for us with Final Fantasy XV.

9. Persona 3 – 104 points, 3 honorable mentions

iP5bdxn.jpg

sasliquid said:
While I'd say I like the music of P3 and P4 about equally as much I'll admit I'm biased to the latter but, more importantly, I think Persona 3 has a greatly diverse, unique soundtrack that suits the game beautifully. Also one of the great last boss themes (Battle of Everyone's Souls) to rival Dancking Mad and It Has To Be This Way.
Makoto Yuki said:
Persona 3 was the first Persona game I enjoyed playing, both the NA releases of Persona 1 and 2 did nothing for me. What made Persona 3 even more enjoyable was its soundtrack. There was something refreshing about playing a JRPG that didn't have an overtly triumphant and powerful scores littered throughout. Instead we had the diverse sounds of music one would encounter in a large city. From the crazy Japanese rapping of Massive Destruction, or to the hauntingly beautiful tune of the Velvet Room, P3 had almost something for everyone. It was the ending theme (Kimi no Kioku) in particular that I absolutely adored, It was even more powerful when I read the translated lyrics. When winter comes, and The Journey nears its close, Memories of the City plays, I can't help but reminisce. Even once the main game is finished, The Answer, (the portion that is included with FES) continues to amaze in the soundtrack department. In particular, Heartful Cry encapsulate's how Aigis must overcome fighting her friends through it's gentle piano intro that conveys apprehension to a determined synthetic rock riffs.

10. Katamari Damacy – 88 points, 3 honorable mentions

Gs5D6Yv.jpg

Composers: Yu Miyake, Asuka Sakai, Akitaka Tohyama, Yoshihito Yano, Yuri Misumi, Hideki Tobeta

Cherry Blossom Color Season
Katamari on the Rocks
Angel Flavor's Present

randomkid said:
Universally beloved, everyone already knows why it’s so great. It’s not just Cherry Blossom Color Season, every song on this thing makes me cry for some reason, I dunno, there’s nothing better to listen to in the world I suppose.
Jordan117 said:
An unrivaled masterpiece, and one of the most infectiously joyous soundtracks of all time -- an eccentric, richly produced, and incredibly catchy blend of funk, salsa, bossa nova, experimental electronica, J-Pop, swing, lounge, bamboo flute, hair metal, buoyant parade music, soaring children's choirs, Macintalk fanfares, and the finest theme song this side of Super Mario Bros.

11. Halo: Combat Evolved – 83 points, 1 honorable mention

Vs3NaIT.jpg

Composer: Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori

Under Cover of Night
Opening Suite
Truth and Reconciliation Suite

kosmologi said:
There's really no other choice. Halo's soundtrack is epic, but it's not bloated like many newer soundtracks are. It still sounds fresh after 14 years.
sasliquid said:
While to whole soundtrack is really good, it's that main theme that remains iconic.

12. Final Fantasy XII – 72 points, 3 honorable mentions

DevUFdk.jpg

Composers: Hitoshi Sakimoto, Hayato Matsuo, Masaharu Iwata, Nobuo Uematsu, Taro Hakase, Yuji Toriyama

Giza Plains
To the Place of the Gods
Boss Battle

Famassu said:
The sense of adventure is strong in FFXII's soundtrack, without forgetting some more dramatic & bombastic stuff when situation so requires. Funny thing, I've used FFXII's OST as BGM for many other games with similar exploration of fantastical worlds (Sacred 2's exploration was so much better with FFXII's OST).

13. Sonic Adventure 2 – 71 points, 1 honorable mention

ifmo8Fz.png

MrBadger said:
Sonic Adventure 2 makes the list because it's probably the king of cheesy Sonic music. It's the game where both Escape from the City and Pumpkin Hill originate from, plus it has some pretty great tracks as well as the ironically good ones. I don't rate it quite as highly as Sonic Heroes or Sonic Adventure, because I personally didn't find the music to be as memorable. Basing the music around the characters rather the environments does work though, and my boy Knux has a sick flow
Nocturnowl said:
SA2 has one of the most unusual melting pots of game music, the six playable characters are given defining music styles, while there’s a healthy amount of wailing guitars that fit Sonic himself you’ll follow that up with the infamous raps of Knuckles, make the jump to the dark story and chill out to the smooth jazz stylings that accompany Rouge the Bat who nabbed a chao key to be transported post stage to the plinky plonky music of the Chao garden, we’ve got mood whiplash all over the place

14. Silent Hill 2 – 69 points, 1 honorable mention

T12JFMZ.jpg

Jucksalbe said:
What's horror game without good atmospheric music? This one tops them all, though. It was Silent Hill 3 that made me immediately buy a soundtrack while the credits still rolled, but this one slightly wins above even that. Aside from all the environment music that's just there to creep you out and very succesfully does so, there are some very nice character themes in here that deserve some spotlight. It just all works very well in the game and in my opinion the top spot should belong to an OST that's part of a game instead of just playing alongside it. Coincidentally this is also what earned it the top spot on my list in the Games of the Generation vote. Sadly, because of the many atmospheric tracks it doesn't work as well when I put the YouTube links here, so this only gets a few examples. No worry, though, I compensated that by including a ridiculous amount of examples for my #2 choice.

15. Mother 3 – 68 points, 0 honorable mentions

0KZDKGn.jpg

Axelstream said:
Mother 3, like Earthbound before it, is a celebration of music. When I walk through the endgame dungeon and suddenly show up in a bathroom with this chill tune playing in the background, or when Erik Satie’s Gymnopedie No. 1 suddenly shows up during a key moment, or when Beethoven drops in a boss fight with a classically-trained ghost, how can I help but laugh in awe or grin ear-to-ear at each unexpected wonder? Mother 3’s soundtrack is so diverse, so unpredictable, but always such a pleasure, whether it’s making me feel happy, sad, or something more complicated.
Crayolan said:
A game with amazing music despite the technical limitations of the GBA. It has awesome battle tracks, it has funny, quirky tracks, and it has some tracks which really hit me hard and make me feel.

16. Kingdom Hearts II – 56 points, 2 honorable mentions

i1NNELa.jpg

Composer: Yoko Shimomura

Passion
Darkness of the Unknown
Space Paranoids

Famassu said:
It's no secret that Yoko Shimomura is probably my favorite composer ever. The Kingdom Hearts series is a big reason why. Ranging from fun, light-hearted tunes to blood-pumping combat BGM and emotionally charged, dramatic themes, there's so much variety & quality that it would be hard to not like the OST.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
17. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – 52 points, 1 honorable mention

aWgo5GU.jpg

Composers: Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ohta, Koji Kondo

Hidden Village
Midna’s Lament
Zant Battle

Wreck-It Ralph said:
Despite the noticeably midi-sounding samples, the music in this game nevertheless manages to set the mood. It's all very somber, I think.

18. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King – 51 points, 1 honorable mention

igWxSw6.jpg

Jucksalbe said:
They overdid it a bit by using the symphonic version of this soundtrack on the Western version. The original one actually seems a bit more fitting. But it still does a good job of going you a feel of the vast world (umm...I'm not just saying that because of that one song title) and just the general feeling of adventure and in this special case the hint of fairy tale. And in the end, I'm always a sucker for all those short jingles they keep from the old games. I hope they never replace those.
McNum said:
If you like classical style music, Dragon Quest VIII has a treat for you, because it's pretty good at that. With a relatively light soundtrack for a JRPG, it makes up for low quantity in quality alone. It just sounds really good.

19. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – 49 points, 4 honorable mentions

VRn8201.jpg

Composers: Harry Gregson-Williams, Norihiko Hibino, Nobuko Toda, Shuichi Kobori, Rika Muranaka

Snake Eater
Clash With Evil Personified
Debriefing

Anth0ny said:
The Metal Gear franchise has given birth to some fantastic music, and MGS3 might be its finest moment. We kick off with the Bond-esque Snake Eater, which soon became one of my favourite vocal tracks in all of video games. Easily one of the most memorable intro songs ever, not only because of the groovy beat, but the completely absurd lyrics. MGS3 does not let up, perfectly meshing the MGS aesthetic with the 60s spy aesthetic. The result is one of the better soundtracks of the generation. The game also ends with my personal favourite use of licensed music in a game’s credits EVER. Starsailor's Way to Fall is the perfect song to end this game, especially coming off the emotional ending of the game’s story.
jett said:
A true labor of love from the unsung hero of MGS soundtracks, Norihiko Hibino. HGW does a reasonably good job, but it's Hibino's tracks that get the win, with their 60's and light James Bond-like flair. The healing tracks are the just the best.

20. Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra – 48 points, 2 honorable mentions

98IjLDl.jpg

Composer: Yuki Kajiura

Godsibb
Hepatica
Testament

Anko said:
Promised Pain. Final boss music. It is awesome in its own right but as far as boss theme goes, I thought Godsibb sounded even more epic. I'm not saying promised pain was a bad song. On the contrary, I think it's better than most boss themes. The problem is that Godsibb exists. Nothing like a Kajiura boss theme to make you feel "OH SHIT. It just doesn't feel like I can win" 勝てる気がしない. That's just the music though.

Past Threads

6th Generation (+PC/ARC 2000-2005) Voting Thread
2014 Results and Archive
2014 Voting Thread
2013 Results and Archive
2013 Voting Thread
2012 Results and Archive
2012 Voting Thread
2011 Results and Archive
2011 Voting Thread
2010 Results and Archive
2010 Voting Thread

------------------------------------------------------------------

Discography

Now that GAF has picked its winners, it's time to explore these composers' bodies of work! As you may have noticed, several of the winning soundtracks this year featured more than one composer. We decided to stick to highlighting one composer per winning soundtrack for the sake of brevity (this thread is already enormous), so please know that we're not attempting to snub anyone that wasn’t included.

Kow Ohtani

__________2010-12-25_2xqyf.png

Crisis (Outlaw Star)
Battlefield (Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)
Lieu de la bataille décisive (Shakugan no Shana II)​

Kenji Yamamoto

kenji-yamamoto-i-2507l9r5u.jpg

Tallen Overworld (Metroid Prime)
Sector 1 (SRX) (Metroid Fusion)
Brinstar - Plant Overgrowth Area (Super Metroid)​

Nobuo Uematsu

77-1345913713par6v.jpg

Otherworld (Final Fantasy X)
fairy fencer f Main Theme (fairy fencer f)
Eternity (Blue Dragon)​

Hajime Wakai

458_530454_smallp5oex.jpg

The Forest of Hope (Pikmin)
Staff Roll (F-Zero X)
Katina (Star Fox 64)

Shoji Meguro

1716698-shoji_meguro_qcp9m.png

Maze of Life (Persona Q)
Algon NS Building (Reality (Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers)
Time to Make History (Persona 4 Golden)​

Masami Ueda

mikenekonya_129609781p4rp4.jpg

Yoko Shimomura

139-13419476934hrgi.jpg

Somnus (Final Fantasy XV)
All for One (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)​

Yu Miyake

1564-12204675017cri7.jpg

The Theme of Noby Noby Boy (Noby Noby Boy)
The Big One ~Quiet Strings Mix (Moai Excavation) (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Funk-A-Tronic (R:Racing Evolution)​

Martin O’Donnell

531-126637190338qdp.jpg

One Final Effort (Halo 3)
The Final Battle (Myth: The Fallen Lords)
Guardian (Destiny)​

Hitoshi Sakimoto

3dabbff4b24c26d3e76cf29qdn.jpg

Ruin (Radiant Silvergun)
Elegy of Battle (Legaia: Duel Saga)
Atomic Sucker (Nuclear Plant) (Bloody Roar)​

Jun Senoue

375-1304999979e4r4s.jpg

Red Hot Skull ...for Red Mountain (Sonic Adventure)
Mad Gear Zone Act 3 (Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I)
Seaside B-Field (Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax)​

Akira Yamaoka

749-1265253647ckp4p.jpg

Vibration (Killer is Dead)
Rainbow Zombie Fever! (Lollipop Chainsaw)
Ghost Hunter (Shadows of the Damned)​

Shogo Sakai

m3_0_5g7oun.png

Daydream Travels (Magical Drop 2)
Magheat (Lava Course) (Kirby Air Ride)
Mizoguchi (Karnov’s Revenge)​

Toru Minegishi

fgp74.jpg

Hisstocrat (Super Mario 3D World)
Blizzeta Battle - Phase Two (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Boss Battle (The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask)

Koichi Sugiyama

koichi-sugiyamamqpgj.jpg

Love Song Sagashite (Dragon Quest II)
Blue Infinity (Jesus: Kyoufu no Bio Monster)
Yuusha no Isoge!! (Dai no Daibouken)​

Harry-Gregson Williams

1791-121216927203qdw.png

Ant Revolution (Antz)
Escape from the Dragon (Shrek)
Rescue! (Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas)​

Yuki Kajiura

59608366_yukisama2enqo0.jpg

Eternal Blue (Senritsu no Stratus)
Rule the Battlefield (Fate/Zero)
Fight! (Sword Art Online)​

------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Keiki Kobayashi, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Junichi Nakatsuru, Hiroshi Okubo
Zero
Excalibur
Glacial Skies

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Keiki Kobayashi, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Junichi Nakatsuru, Hiroshi Okubo
The Unsung War
First Flight
Hrimfaxi

Advance Wars
Taishi Senda
Black Hole Coming
Andy’s Theme
Nell’s Theme

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Yoshito Hirano
Jess’ Theme
Lash’s Theme
Macro Land Map

Advent Rising
Tommy Tallarico, Michael Richard Plowman, Emmanuel Fratianni, Laurie Robinson, Charlotte Martin
Muse
Greater Lights (Vocal)
Bounty Hunter

Age of Empires II
Stephen Rippy, David Rippy, Kevin McMullan, Matt Stanberry
Pork Parts
Case in Point
The Bovinian Derivative

Age of Empires III
Stephen Rippy, Kevin McMullan, David Rippy (material arranged)
Felonious Junk
Major Rewrite/General Chunks
Muptop

Air
KEY (Jun Maeda), Shinji Orito, Magome Togoshi
Bird’s Poem
Blue Skies
Two of Us

Akai Ito
MANYO
Ancient Song
Those Who Have Passed On, Those Who Remain Behind
Light of Someday

Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmare
Thierry Desseaux, Jean-Sébastien Rossbach, Stewart Copeland
Carnby Saga
Title theme
Horror Theme

Amazing Island
Yuzo Koshiro
Beat’n Art
Battle Royale
Mach Runner

Amplitude
Various
Cosmonaut Zero - Spaztik
Chris Child feat. Melissa Kaplan - Shades of Blue
The Baldwin Brothers - Urban Tumbleweed

Animal Crossing
Kazumi Totaka, Kenta Nagata, Toru Minegishi, Shinobu Tanaka
5 PM
K.K. Bossa
9 PM

Aoi Shiro
MANYO
Water Murmurs
Palace of Lapis Lazuli
Swiftness of a Dragon, Spring of a Tiger

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Ben Houge
Main Theme
Tarant
The Demise of the Zephyr

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Masahiro Andoh, Takayuki Hattori, Yuko Fukushima, Koji Sakurai, Takashi Harada
Ordeal
Natural Selection
Truth

Armoured Core: Last Raven
Yuki Ichiki, Ayako Minami, Hideyuki Eto
The Game
Five Point Five
I’ll Talk You

Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia
Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa, Akira Tsuchiya, Takashige Inagaki
EXEC_PHANTASMAGORIA/.
EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/.
Berserkr

Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa, Akira Tsuchiya, Akiko Shikata
EXEC_with.METHOD_METAFALICA/.
METHOD_IMPLANTA/.
Agnie

Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Michael Hoenig
Forest Battle I
Taverns
Waukeen’s Promenade

Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Howard Drossin, Inon Zur
Mellisan Battle
Sendai Battle
Main Theme

Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance
Jeremy Soule
Elfsong Tavern
The Orb of the Undead
Chelimber’s Keep

Baten Kaitos
Motoi Sakuraba
Chaotic Dance
House of Cards
Valley of the Wind

Baten Kaitos Origins
Motoi Sakuraba
Le Ali del Principio
The True Mirror ~ Orchestral Version
Iconoclasm

Battlefield 1942
Joel Eriksson
Theme
Victory Theme
Briefing Theme

Beatmania IIDX 11 Red
Various
Solid Gold
Romeo & Juliet
Heartbeat

Beatmania IIDX 12 Happy Sky
Various
Absolute
Tizona d'El Cid
MOON RACE

Beyond Good & Evil
Christophe Héral
Dancing With Domz
Hyllian Suite
Redemption

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Mariko Nanba, Tomoya Ohtani
G.I.A.N.T.E.G.G!
Tumbling Xylophone
A Jack-in-the-Box!

Border Down
Yasuhisa Watanabe
Girl of Power (Stage 2)
Prot #11 "Cage" (boss D)
Bye-bye Mars -take.II- (stage3G)

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Hitoshi Sakimoto, Chihiro Onitsuka
Strong Enemy
Opening
The More You Dig, The More...

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth
Greg Chandler
Smile At Me, Baby
The Esoteric Order of Dragon
City of Dreams

Cannon Spike/Gunspike
Masaki Izutani, Toshiya Kobayashi, Kaori Kumakura, Kensuke Sato
Stage C - The Perished Town
Stage B, C, D Boss Theme #2
Stage J - Extreme Sphere & Final Boss - Metal Blade Nightmare

Capcom Fighting Evolution/Capcom Fighting Jam
Noriyuki Asakura
To Kill Time
GOES A SYOTEN-GAI!
Prospered Fatherhood

Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000/Pro
Satoshi Ise
Stage of Final Fight - Needle
Final Round: To the Limit
Terry’s Stage -Higher and Higher

Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001/Millionaire Fighting 2001
Satoshi Ise
This is true love makin'
Stimulation
Real Eyes

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Soshiro Hokkai, Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida
Castle Corridor
Heart of Fire Chapel

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Sotaro Tojima, Hiroshi Mitsuoka
Awake
Clockwork
Vampire Killer

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Michiru Yamane
Abandoned Castle
A Toccata into Blood-Stained Darkness
Young Nobleman of Madness

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Michiru Yamane
Ghostly Theatre
House of Sacred Remains
Melancholy Joachim

Chaos Field/Chaos Field New Order/Chaos Field Expanded
Ko Hayashi, Daisuke Nagata
Not Back To Time -Phase 1-
back in to the machine -phase 5-
despair -last boss-

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Chaos Legion
Hideyuki Fukasawa, Toru Minami
Blood Remains
Bloody Truth
Choir of Curse

Chulip
Hirofumi Taniguchi
Happy Shabby Life ~Daytime Stroll in Kakashigahara~
Passion's Misgivings ~ Love's Entrance
Echude of Chu

Clannad
Magome Togoshi, Jun Maeda, Shinji Orito, eufonius
Nagisa
Roaring Tides
Town, Flow of Time, People

Crash Twinsanity
Spiralmouth
N.Sanity Island
Worm Chase
Uka Uka

Crazy Taxi
Various
The Offspring - All I Want
The Offspring - Way Down the Line
Bad Religion - Them and Us

Crazy Taxi 2
Various
The Offspring - One Fine Day
The Offspring - Come Out Swinging
Methods of Mayhem - Who The Hell Cares

Custom Robo
Shinji Hosoe, Ayako Saso, Yousuke Yasui, Yasuhisa Watanabe
Samsara
Panic Cube
Dear

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Various
Butterfly
Captain Jack
Cartoon Heroes

Dark Cloud
Tomohito Nishiura
Corridor of Time
Factory
Ice Queen

Dark Cloud 2
Tomohito Nishiura
Moon Flower Palace
Kazarov Stonehenge
Balance Valley

Darwinia
Timothy Lamb, Mathieu Stempell
Impact of Silence
Visitors from space
Schroeders Failure

Deus Ex
Alexander Brandon, Michiel van den Bos, Dan Gardopée, Reeves Gabrels
Main Title
The Illuminati
The Nothing

Deus Ex: Invisible War
Alexander Brandon, Todd Simmons
Title Theme
Cairo Mosque
Tarsus Apartments

Devil May Cry
Masami Ueda, Misao Senbongi, Masato Kouda
Lock & Load [Blade Appearance ~ Regular Battle 2]
Underwater Stage
Super Ultra Violet [Nelo Angelo Appearance ~ Battle Version 3]

Devil May Cry 2
Tetsuya Shibata, Satoshi Ise, Masato Kouda
Shoot the Works [Dante Battle 2]
Parasitic Evil [Jokatgulm Battle]
Of the Wind ~ Uppertown

Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening
Tetsuya Shibata, Kento Hasegawa
Vergil Battle 2
Battle–2
Devils Never Cry (Staff Roll)

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army
Shoji Meguro
The Lazy Detective Agency
Formidable Foe
A New World

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon
Shoji Meguro
Adventure
The Family of Tsukigata
The Final Decisive Battle

Diablo II
Matt Uelman
Rogue
Zakarum
Tristram

Digital Devil Saga
Shoji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya
Muladhara
Big Battle
Spider’s String - The Second Movement

Digital Devil Saga 2
Shoji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya
Brahman
Battle for Survival
Heroic Battle

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (Multiplayer)
Masashi Hamauzu, Gackt C. (for REDEMPTION) (Ryo Yamazaki - MP)
REDEMPTION
LONGING
Calm Before the Storm

Disgaea
Tenpei Sato
Running Fire
Planet X
Whisper of Hell

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou
Manabu Namiki
East Asia (Stage 1)
Burn Yourself (Boss)
Red Bee (TrueLastBoss)

Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
David Wise
Waterfall
Nuts and Bolts
Rockface Rumble

Dragon Ball: Sparking!
Solid State Scouter
Super Survivor
Son Goku vs Freeza

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (JP soundtrack)
Koichi Sugiyama
Mysterious Tower / (JP ver)
Remembrances… / (JP ver)
Fighting in the Sky / (JP ver)

Drakengard
Takayuki Aihara, Nobuyoshi Sano
Seere's Prayer - In The Sky
Fifth Chapter - In the Sky 1

Dynasty Warriors 5
MASA, Masato Koike, Kensuke Inage, Haruki Yamada, Michihiko Shichi
Excalibur
Moments of Peace
Superior

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Jeremy Soule
Peaceful Waters
Rise to Reality
Ending Theme

Espgaluda
N.T (SOU1), Manabu Namiki
Bloody Separation - Stage 1
Huge Battleship Erinyes - Stage 3
Floating Castle Utsurobune - Stage 5.1

Espgaluda II
Manabu Namiki, Mitsuhiro Kaneda, N.T
Mutiny - Fate is with the Girl (Stage1)
Descend (Boss)
Galuda - Achieving Perfection (Stage 6)

Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
Steve Henifin
Black Rose
Gateway to Destiny
The Somme

EVE Online
Jón Hallur Haraldsson
...But Still We Go On
Below the Asteroids
Merchants, Looters and Ghosts

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Kumi Tanioka, Nobuo Uematsu, Hidenori Iwasaki
Fusion Descent
O Light!
Starry Moonlit Night

Final Fantasy X
Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, Junya Nakano
To Zanarkand
Wandering Flame
Enemy Attack

Final Fantasy X-2
Noriko Matsueda, Takahito Eguchi, Kazuhiro Hara
Eternity ~Memories of Light and Waves~
1000 Words / 1000 no kotoba
Demise

Final Fantasy XI
Naoshi Mizuta, Kumi Tanioka, Nobuo Uematsu
Distant Worlds
Battle Theme #2
The Sanctuary of Zi’Tah

Final Fantasy XII
Hitoshi Sakimoto, Hayato Matsuo, Masaharu Iwata, Nobuo Uematsu, Taro Hakase, Yuji Toriyama
Giza Plains
To the Place of the Gods
Boss Battle

Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
Yuka Tsujiyoko
Within the Magnificent Nature
For the Commanders
Beneath a New Light

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword
Yuka Tsujiyoko, Saki Haruyama
Companions
An Unexpected Caller
Everything into the Dark

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Yoshihiko Kitamura, Saki Haruyama, Yoshito Hirano
Truth, Despair, and Hope
The Prince’s Despair
Powerful Foe

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Naoko Mitome, Atsushi Yoshida, Kanako Teramae, Yoshito Hirano, Saki Haruyama
The Black Knight
Crimea Attacks
Lion King Caineghis

F-Zero GX
Hidenori Shoji, Daiki Kasho
Story Mode Ending
8 Guitars
For the Glory

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
Spread the Wings
Sunrise on the Train
Loose Genius

Genso Suikoden III
HIMEKAMI, Michiru Yamane, Takashi Yoshida, Masahiko Kimura
Transcending Love
Stupid Ducks/Ducks Everywhere
Searching for a Hero of Long Ago

Genso Suikoden IV
Masahiko Kimura, Norikazu Miura, Michiru Yamane, coba
La Mer
Decisive Battle Against the Wicked One
Finale: Remembering the Deep Blue

Genso Suikoden V
Yuji Toriyama, Yoshihiro Tsukahara, Takashi Watanabe, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Chiharu Mukaiyama, Miki Higashino (material arranged), Tappy (material arranged), Hirofumi Taniguchi (material arranged), Masahiko Kimura (material arranged), Michiru Yamane (material arranged)
The Two Guardian Runes
Oboro Detective Agency
Determination ~Tragic Fight~

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Nobuyoshi Sano, Junichi Fujisaku, CMJK, Yoshiki Sugioka
Tohoku Autonomous Area Office Block
Underground Weapon Storage ~ Art Farm - Bio Dome I
Remembrance of Niihama N3

Gitaroo Man
Tomohiro Harada, COIL, Sadayoshi Okamoto, Yosuke Sato
Boogie for an Afternoon
Flyin’ to your Heart
The Legendary Theme (Acoustic)

God Hand
Masafumi Takada, Jun Fukuda
Gene’s Rock-a-Bye
Smoking Rolliste
Devil May Sly

God of War
Gerard Marino, Mike Reagan, Winifred Phillips, Ron Fish, Cris Velasco
The Splendor of Athens
The Temple of Pandora
Duel with Ares

God of War II
Gerard K. Marino, Ron Fish, Mike Reagan, Cris Velasco, Matthew Bachand, Jason Bittner, Johnathan Donais, Brian Fair, Paul Romanko
The End Begins
Phoenix Rising
Junkie XL Colossus Remix

Golden Sun
Motoi Sakuraba
The Snow-Covered City
Final Confrontation
Collosso

Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Motoi Sakuraba
Battle with Briggs
The Lost City
The Golden Sun Arises

Gotcha Force
Mitsuhiko Takano, Michiaki Watanabe
Decisive Conflict
Galactic Emperor
We Are Gotcha Force! (inst ver)

Gradius V
Hitoshi Sakimoto, Konami Kukeiha Club (music arranged)
Stage Boss
Intermezzo
TETO RAN

Grand Theft Auto III
Various Artists
Lucy - Forever
Conor & Jay - Change
April's in Paris - Feels like I Just Can't Take No More

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Radio Station Boxed Set)
Michael Hunter, Various Artists
Gorillas in the Mist by Da Lench Mob
I Love a Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbit
Eminence Front by The Who

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Various Artists
I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls
Self Control by Laura Branigan
Out of Touch by Hall and Oates

Gran Turismo 4
Masahiro Andoh, Isamu Ohira, Daiki Kasho, Alan Brey
Moon Over the Castle
Mission Impossible
From the East to the West

Grandia II (Deus / Povo)
Noriyuki Idaware
FIGHT!! Ver 1
Despair and Hope
Granas Sanctuary

Grandia III
Noriyuki Idaware
Attack with Conviction!!
ATTACK OF A FLASH -For Synth-
Requiem of Birth

Grandia Xtreme
Noriyuki Idaware
Theme of Xtreme
Combat 1
Combat 5 (Final Battle 1)

Guild Wars
Jeremy Soule
Temple of Tolerance
Eye of the Storm
The Great Northern Wall

Guilty Gear Isuka
Daisuke Ishiwatari, Yoshihiro Kusano, Tetsuya Ohuchi
Riches In Me
Drumhead Pulsation
The Irony of Chaste

Guilty Gear XX
Daisuke Ishiwatari, Koichi Seiyama
The Midnight Carnival
Awe of She
Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)

Half-Life 2
Kelly Bailey
Hazardous Environments
CP Violation
Brane Scan

Halo: Combat Evolved
Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori
Under Cover of Night
Opening Suite
Truth and Reconciliation Suite

Halo 2 (Volume 2)
Martin O'Donnell, Michael Salvatori
Unforgotten
Unyielding
Delta Halo Suite

Headhunter
Richard Jacques
Aquadome
Greywolf
Jack's Theme

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
dai, karegyu (oi), Ebisupa, Suebashi, pre-holder, zts, Fuemaru Akatsuki, DJ NETA-RAW, propan_mode, SB YUNE, Hikaru Nanase
Rainy Day
Demonic Institute
Confession

Hitman: Codename 47
Jesper Kyd, Pierre Foldes
Main Title
Hospital Themes
Jungle Exploration

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Jesper Kyd, Pierre Foldes
Main Title
H2 Action
Japanese Snow Castle

Hitman: Contracts
Jesper Kyd
Slaughterhouse
Streets of Hong Kong
Sanitarium

Hitman: Blood Money
Jesper Kyd
Apocalypse
Club Heaven
Funeral

Ibara
Shinji Hosoe
Show Time (Stage 1
Bonds of Steel (Stage1(Round2)&StaffRoll)
Guardian Angel

ICO
Michiru Oshima, pentagon
Castle in the Mist
Heal
You Were There

Icewind Dale
Jeremy Soule
Icewind Dale Theme
Hrothgar's Home
Easthaven in Pieces

Icewind Dale II
Inon Zur
Sherincal of the Chimera
Skeleton of a Town
Choose Your Hero

Ikaruga
Hiroshi Iuchi
Busutekkai
The Stone-Like
Ideal

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Initial D Arcade Stage
Hideaki Kobayashi
Stage Select
Kenji (Ver 3)
Atsuo (Ver 3)

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Josh Mancell
Mountain Pass
Snowy Mountain
Sandover Village

Jet Set Radio
Hideki Naganuma, Richard Jacques, Reps, Castle Logical, F-Fields, Toronto, B.B. Rights
Everybody Jump Around
Electric Toothbrush
Up-Set Attack

Jet Set Radio Future
Hideki Naganuma, Guitar Vader, Richard Jacques
The Concept of Love
Funky Dealer
Aisle 10

Katamari Damacy
Yu Miyake, Asuka Sakai, Akitaka Tohyama, Yoshihito Yano, Yuri Misumi, Hideki Tobeta
Cherry Blossom Color Season
Katamari on the Rocks
Angel Flavor's Present

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi
Manabu Namiki
INTERCEPTION - Town in Upheaval (Stage1)
SUBURB - Armored Green (Stage2)
EVAC INDUSTRY - Day of Judgment (Stage5)

killer7
Masafumi Takada, Jun Fukuda
Blackburn
When the May Rain Comes
Maze

Kingdom Hearts
Yoko Shimomura, Hikaru Utada (Hikari), Jimmie Dodd (Mickey Mouse March), Richard M. Sherman (Winnie the Pooh), Robert B. Sherman (Winnie the Pooh), Alan Menken (Under the Sea), Danny Elfman (This is Halloween)
Dearly Beloved
Hollow Bastion
Hikari -PLANITb Remix- (Short Edit)

Kingdom Hearts II
Yoko Shimomura
Passion
Darkness of the Unknown
Space Paranoids

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Yoko Shimomura
Struggle Away
The 13th Struggle
The Force in You

The King of Fighters 2000
Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan (SHA-V, ZOE, MARIMO, USAKO-X, TATE-NORIO)
Inner Shade
Beauty and the Beast
Crystal

The King of Fighters 2001
Masahiko Hataya, Kikuko Hataya
The Immortal Mirror of the Sun
The Queen of Fighters
Nesutsu, The Ruler of the Dark

The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
Yasufumi Fukuda, Makoto Asai, Teruo Konishi
SHINING BRAVE!
ESAKA!!
KD-0079+

The King of Fighters 2003
TATE_NORIO, Masahiko Hataya
Joyrider
I’m Hot For You
Blaze

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Toshikazu Tanaka
Rooftop Realism
Gaining Strength Under the Waterfall
The Usual C’MON

The King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 / The King of Fighters 2006
Toshikazu Tanaka, RESONANCE-T, SNK Playmore
It’s Your Choice!
Feeling Like a Celebrity
Requiem

The King of Fighters Neowave
Tamotsu Karatsu
Arena
Speed Hucker
Run Through

The King of Fighters XI
Hideki "SHA-V" Asanaka, Marimo, USAKO-X
Joker
Anti-Song
New Order

King's Field IV: The Ancient City
Tsukasa Saitoh, Yuji Kanda, Yuki Ichiki
Dark Reality
End Credits
Earth Folk Area

Kirby Air Ride
Shogo Sakai, Jun Ishikawa, Hirokazu Ando, Tadashi Ikegami
The Lighthouse Light Burns
Checker Knights
Drag Race

Kunoichi
Fumie Kumatani, Tomonori Sawada, Keiichi Sugiyama, Yutaka Minobe, Teruhiko Nakagawa, Masaru Setsumaru
Shinobi Tale
Shinjuku
Arashi

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Jim Hedges, Kurt Harland
Ozar Midrashim
Underworld
Dumahim Ruined Ash City

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Jim Hedges, Kurt Harland
Sarafan stronghold
Overland (battle)
Sarafan stronghold (battle)

The Legend of Heroes VI: Sora no Kiseki FC
Hayato Sonoda, Wataru Ishibashi, Takahide Murayama
Silver Will
Hollow Light of the Sealed Land
Royal Capital of Grancel

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure
Koji Kondo, Asuka Ohta
Frozen Hyrule
The Swamp
Village of the Blue Maiden

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mitsuhiko Takano
Temple of Droplets
Minish Woods
Palace of Winds

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ohta, Koji Kondo
Hidden Village
Midna’s Lament
Zant Battle

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Toru Minegishi, Koji Kondo
Credits
Dragon Roost Island
The Legendary Hero

Legaia: Duel Saga
Hitoshi Sakimoto, Yasunori Mitsuda, Michiru Oshima
Fight, then Riot!
Inaccessible Road
Lost Forest

Luigi’s Mansion
Kazumi Totaka, Shinobu Tanaka
Main Theme
King Boo Battle
Mansion (Exterior)

Maplestory
Missing You
White Christmas
Come With Me

Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Kenichi Nishimaki, Masanobu Matsunaga
Snow Land
Sky Garden
Mario/Luigi/Peach Circuit

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Shinobu Tanaka, Kenta Nagata
Circuit Theme
Rainbow Road
Waluigi Stadium/Wario Colosseum

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Yoko Shimomura
Welcome to the Beanbean Kingdom!
The Last Cackletta
Teehee Valley

Mana Khemia ~Alchemists of Al-Revis~
Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa
Dark Black
Nefertiti
Welcome to the Magic Workshop

Mana Khemia 2 ~Fall of Alchemy~
Ken Nakagawa, Daisuke Achiwa
Sacred Saber
Namenloses Licht
Vanishing Mirage

Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Yasushi Kaminishi
Forbidden Fruit
True Darkness
Boss

Marvel vs Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Tetsuya Shibata, Mitsuhiko Takano
Take U 4 A Ryde
Training Mode
Desert Stage

Max Payne
Kärtsy Hatakka, Kimmo Kajasto
Main Theme
Whack Him
Killer Suits

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Kärtsy Hatakka, Kimmo Kajasto, Perttu Kivilaakso
Max’s Choice: Duty vs. Passion
Nightmare
Late Goodbye

Medieval: Total War
Jeff van Dyck
Arabian Winter
European Summer
Viking Battle

Mega Man Battle Network 3
Akari Kaida, Yoshino Aoki
Network is Spreading
Boss Battle
Shooting Enemy

Mega Man X: Command Mission
Shinya "LoveShop" Okada, Yuko Komiyama, Seiko Kobuchi, Yoshimasa Inoue
Epsilon, 2nd Movement
A Moment of Passion ~Game Edit~
The Cheerful Thief Marino

Mega Man X7
Yuko Komiyama, Shinya Midnight Okada, Seiko Kobuchi, Akemi Kimura, Makoto Asai, Teruo Konishi, Shuichi Mizohata, Noriyuki Iwadare, Takuya Miyawaki, Nittoku Inoue
Code Crush
Soul Asylum - Crimson Palace Stage 2
Our Blood Boils ~ Vs Sigma 1st

Mega Man X8
Yuko Komiyama, Akemi Kimura, Shinya Okada
Booster Forest
Jakob
VS Lumin ~ The Second Form

Mega Man Zero
Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Chicken Mob, Masaki Suzuki, Setsuo Yamamoto (Theme of X)
For Endless Fight
Neo Arcadia
Crash

Mega Man Zero 2
Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Chicken Mob, Masaki Suzuki
For Endless Fight II
Departure
Awakening Will

Mega Man Zero 3
Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Masaki Suzuki, Makoto Tomozawa, Tsutomu Kurihara
Reborn Mechanics
For Endless Fight III
Cannon Ball

Mega Man Zero 4
Ippo Yamada, Luna Umegaki, Masaki Suzuki, Makoto Tomozawa, Tsutomu Kurihara
Esperanto
Holy Land
Cyber Space

Melty Blood
Raito, KATE
Troublesome Visitor (Lobby - Night)
Elegant Summer (Tohno House Lobby)
Fearless (City of Shadow Pictures)

Melty Blood Actress Again
Raito, Yuki Kajiura
Actors Anteroom
Blood Drain
End of 1000 Years

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Norihiko Hibino, Steve Henifin, Toshiyuki Kakuta, Shuichi Kobori, Waichiro Ozaki
Helipad (Intruder)
Tank Hangar
Infiltrator vs Parasite

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty/Substance
Harry Gregson-Williams, Norihiko Hibino, Rika Muranaka, Tappy
Opening Infiltration
Fortune
Yell “Dead Cell”

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater/Subsistence
Harry Gregson-Williams, Norihiko Hibino, Nobuko Toda, Shuichi Kobori, Rika Muranaka
Snake Eater
Clash With Evil Personified
Debriefing

Metal Slug 5
Toshikazu Tanaka
Windy Day
Zoom Down
Fierce Battle

Metroid Fusion
Minako Hamano, Akira Fujiwara
Environment Sound (Disquieting)
Sector 2 (TRO) Tropics Area
VS Serris

Metroid Prime
Kenji Yamamoto, Kouichi Kyoma
Phendrana Drifts
Tallon Overworld
Title Theme

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Kenji Yamamoto
Submerged Temple
Title Screen
Vs. Dark Samus

Metroid Zero Mission
Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano
Evading the Pirates
Chozo Warrior Engraving
Mecha Ridley

Metropolis Street Racer
Richard Jacques
Let's get it on tonight
It doesn't really matter
Am I Only Dreaming

Mother 3
Shogo Sakai
MOTHER3 Love Theme
Homely Yado Inn
Natural Killer Cyborg

Mushihimesama
Manabu Namiki, Masaharu Iwata, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Daisuke Matsumoto
To Shinju Forest - Stage1
The Direction to the Heart of the Forest - Stage5
Requiem of the Sky – TrueLastBoss

Namco x Capcom
Yuzo Koshiro (Additional credit as track arranger)
Subarashiki Shin Sekai (Brave New World)
Everything is in the Fight
Facing the Wind

Napple Tale
Yoko Kanno
Delightful Arithmetic
Green Wings
Circus

Neverwinter Nights
Jeremy Soule
Main Theme
Battle: City Boss
Battle: Forest Boss

Ninja Gaiden
Makoto Hosoi, Ryo Koike, Wakana Hara
Main Theme
Vanished Memories
Stand in the Way

Nintendo Puzzle Collection/Panel de Pon GameCube
Lion’s Theme
Kain’s Theme
A Walk on a Rainbow

Okami
Masami Ueda, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Rei Kondoh, Akari Groves, JUN
Ryoshima Coast
Theme of Waka
Kamui of the Northern Lands

Ollie King
Hideki Naganuma
Teknopathetic [e-Pop 'n' Disco 80's Mix]
Something Jazzy For Your Mind
Let it Go

Onimusha: Warlords
Mamoru Samuragoch
Rising Sun: 1st Movement
Samanosuke’s Theme
Gale

Onimusha 2: Samurai’s Destiny
Taro Iwashiro, Hideki Okugawa, Toshihiko Horiyama, Tomoyasu Hotei
Oda’s Army Attacks - Opening
Battle with Gogandantess
Onimusha 2 Main Theme

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Masamichi Amano, Akari Kaida, Hideki Okugawa, Kouta Suzuki
Demon Sword
Main Theme ~Samanosuke’s Theme
Day of Anger - Guildenstern’s Theme

OutRun 2
Hiro, Fumio Itoh, Keisuke Tsukahara
Night Flight
Splash Wave
Shiny World

OZ/Sword of Etheria
Michiru Yamane
Feel's Theme
Over Zenith
Snare of Purgatory

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year-Door
Yoshito Hirano, Yuka Tsujiyoko, Saki Kusaga
Main Theme
Doopliss Battle
X-Naut Fortress

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Saori Kobayashi, Yutaka Minobe, Yoshitaka Azuma, Yayoi Wachi, Mariko Nanba
City in the Storm
Altered Genos
Fallen Ground

Parappa the Rapper 2
Masaya Matsuura
Toasty Buns
BIG
Sista Moosesha

Persona 3
Shoji Meguro, Yosuke Uda
Mass Destruction
Living with Determination -Iwatodai Remix-
Burn My Dread

Persona 4
Shoji Meguro, Atsushi Kitajoh, Ryota Koduka
I’ll Face Myself
Reach Out To The Truth
The Almighty

Phantasy Star Online
Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani
Image of Hero
The Nearest Place to Heaven
The Shell’s Desert

Phantom Brave
Tenpei Sato
Flower Blossom Guide
Game Breaker
Sand Shower

Phantom Dust
Yoshiyuki Usui, Yuko Araki, Alexander Porfiryevich Borodin, Claude Debussy
memories [Box of Memories]
your choice [option]
arsenal [Arsenal]

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Masakazu Sugimori
Pursuit ~ Cornered
Turnabout Sisters’ Theme 2001
Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2001

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Justice For All
Akemi Kimura
Search ~ In the Midst 2002
Pursuit ~ Cornered 2002
Pearl Fey ~ With Pearly

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Trials and Tribulations
Noriyuki Iwadare
Pursuit ~ Caught
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
Detention Center ~ Prisoner’s Elegy

Pikmin
Hajime Wakai, Strawberry Flower
Main Theme
The Forest of Hope
The Distant Spring

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aoki
Rival May
Surf
Lilycove Valley

Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen
Junichi Masuda, Morikazu Aoki, Go Ichinose
Final Battle! (Rival)
Battle! (Trainer Battle)
Battle! (Gym Leader Battle)

Pokemon Colosseum
Tsukasa Tawada
Vs. Battle 2
Normal Battle
Cipher Admin Battle

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Tsukasa Tawada
Cipher Admin Battle
Citadark Isle
Miror B. Battle

Project Gotham Racing
Various
Call It What You Want, LA Symphony
Resonate, Sir Mix-a-Lot
Galaxy Bounce, The Chemical Brothers

Progear
Yukinori Kikuchi
To the Blue Sky -Stage 1-
Castle of Darkness -Stage 5-
Crimson Imperial Capital -Stage 3-

Psyvariar 2 (Plus)
Tetsuro Sato, Misako Tago, Yuki Yoshino, Takeshi Egawano
Earth
Lastboss
Boss BGM

R-Type Final
Yuki Iwai, USP
Dark Forest's Watchdog
Twisted Ecosystem: Underwater
Wherever

Rage of the Dragons
Toshikazu Tanaka
Cheer Up!
Violent Death
Splendid Fate from China

Ragnarok Online
soundTeMP
Theme of Juno
Theme of Prontera
Theme of Morroc

Ratchet & Clank
David Bergeaud
Blackwater City
Jowai Resort
Metropolis

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
David Bergeaud
Planet Oozla: Megacorp Outlet
Aranos: Flying Lab
Wupash Nebula

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
David Bergeaud
Starship Phoenix
Courtney Gears
Biobliterator

Resident Evil (remake)
Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi, Makoto Tomozawa
Neptune Tank
Macabre Hallway
Save Heaven

Resident Evil 0
Ichiro Kohmoto, Riyou Kinugasa, Ryoue Takagi, Shingo Kataoka, Ayumu Murai, Takashi Honda, Seiko Kobuchi
Dormitory~Chapel
To the Depths of Insanity
Encounter

Resident Evil 4
Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi
Ganado I
Save Theme
A Strange Pasture

Rez
Keiichi Sugiyama, Mist, Ken Ishii, Joujouka, Adam Freeland, Coldcut, Ebz, Oval, Tim Bran, Danny Briottet
Fear is the Mindkiller
Rock is Sponge
Protocol Rain

Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics
Norikazu Miura, Masahiko Kimura (material arranged), Michiru Yamane (material arranged)
Rune of Punishment ~Meeting the Cursed Rune~
Decisive Battle With Steele
Clash with the Cavalry

Rhythm Tengoku
Iai Slash
Space Dance
Night Walk

Rogue Galaxy
Tomohito Nishiura
Holy Valley
King of Legend
Valkog’s Theme

Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
Strategy Phase - Spring
Strategy Phase - Winter
Strategy Phase - Autumn

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song
Kenji Ito, Nobuo Uematsu, Tsuyoshi Sekito
A Challenge to God -Four Guardian Kings Battle-
Passionate Rhythm
Decisive Battle! Saruin -Final Battle with Saruin-

Saya no Uta
Toshimichi Isoe, Yoh Ohyama, Yoshihiro Kawagoe, Syntaro Jimbo, Ikuko Ebata, Masayoshi Murakami
Song of Sorrow
Sin
Song of Saya

Shadow Hearts
Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda, Masaharu Iwata, Ryo Fukuda
Demon’s Gig ~ Midboss II
Imbroglio ~ Decisive Battle
Angel Heart ~ Terror

Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda, Kenji Ito, Tomoko Kobayashi, Ryo Fukuda
Astaroth ~ Battle with the Fallen Angel
The 3 Karma ~ Decisive Battle
Ladder to Heaven

Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Yoshitaka Hirota, Tomoko Imoto, Ryo Fukuda, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Oh smania! oh furie! ~ D'Oreste e d'Aiace), Hirotomi Imoto
Dead Fingers Talk ~ North America Battle
ICARO -Acoustic Arrangement- ~ Main Theme
SPREAD MY WINGS ~ Ending

Shadow of the Colossus
Kow Ohtani
Sunlit Earth
Opened Way
End of the Battle

Shadow the Hedgehog
Jun Senoue, Yutaka Minobe, Mariko Nanba, Tomoya Ohtani,
Lava Shelter
Never Turn Back
I Am … All Of Me

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne/Lucifer’s Call (Maniacs)
Shoji Meguro, Kenichi Tsuchiya, Toshiko Tasaki, Tsukasa Masuko (material arranged)
Title Loop 1
Tokyo Conception
Fierce Battle

Shenmue
Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Yuzo Koshiro, Takeshi Yanagawa, Osamu Murata, Ryuji Iuchi
Shenhua
Christmas on Dobuita St.
Earth and Sea (OST Ver)

Sid Meier’s Civilization III
Roger Briggs, Mark Cromer
Stars
Industrial Age (Greco-Roman)
Ancient Era (European)

Sid Meier’s Civilization IV
Jeff Briggs, Roger Briggs, Mark Cromer, Michael Curran, Christopher Tin
Baba Yetu
Chairman Dances
The people are the heroes now

Silent Hill 2
Akira Yamaoka
Theme of Laura
Terror in the Depths of the Fog
Angel’s Thanatos

Silent Hill 3
Akira Yamaoka
You’re Not Here
Never Forgive Me, Never Forget Me
Letter - from the Lost Days

Silent Hill 4: The Room
Akira Yamaoka
Room of Angel
Your Rain
Cradle of Forest

The Sims 2
Mark Mothersbaugh
Main Theme
Makeover
Simsation

Sim City 4
Jerry Martin, Marc Russo, Robi Kauker, Kent Jolly, Anna Karney, Kirk Casey, Walt Szalva, Rock Hendricks, Edwin Dolinski
By The Bay
Oasis
Primordial Dream

Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Peter McConnell
Canadian Wilderness
Dimitri Battle
Paris

Skies of Arcadia
Yutaka Minobe, Tatsuyuki Maeda
Kingdom of Ixa’taka
Battle 1
Vyse’s Theme

SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos
Tate_Norio, Masahiko Hataya, Yasumasa Yamada
The Final Struggle ~Boss Stage~
Fate ~Fate Scene~
From a Country Nobody Knows ~Ancient Age Stage~

Sonic Advance
Tatsuyuki Maeda, Yutaka Minobe
Secret Base Zone Act 1
X-Zone
Special Stage

Sonic Advance 2
Tatsuyuki Maeda, Yutaka Minobe, Teruhiko Nakagawa
Music Plant Act 1
Sky Canyon Boss (Knuckles)
Staff Roll

Sonic Advance 3
Hideaki Kobayashi, Kenichi Tokoi
Twinkle Snow Act 3
Cyber Track Act 1
Nonaggression

Sonic Adventure
Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Masaru Setsumaru, Fumie Kumatani
Open Your Heart –Main Theme of Sonic Adventure–
Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy ...for Icecap
At Dawn …for Speed Highway

Sonic Adventure 2
Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani
Escape from the City ..For City Escape
That’s The Way I Like It ...For Metal Harbour
Deeper … For Death Chamber

Sonic Battle
Tatsuyuki Maeda, Kenichi Tokoi, Hideaki Kobayashi
Emerald Town
Battle Highway
Holy Summit (Crater)

Sonic the Fighters
Maki Morrow, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
Aurora Icefield ~ Black Bed
Giant Wing ~ Fire Stone
Death Egg ~ Never Let It Go

Sonic Heroes
Jun Senoue, Naofumi Hataya, Hideaki Kobayashi, Keiichi Sugiyama!, Teruhiko Nakagawa, Yutaka Minobe, Mariko Nanba, Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani
What I’m Made Of
Mystic Mansion
Egg Fleet

Sonic Riders
Tomonori Sawada, Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani
Sonic Speed Riders
Green Cave
SEGA Carnival

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Hideaki Kobayashi, Tomonori Sawada
Un-gravitify
Aquatic Time
Catch Me If You Can

Sonic Shuffle
Yoshitaka Hirota, Hidenobu Otsuki, Ryo Fukuda, Takeo Suzuki, Kazumi Mitome
Blizzard of Coast
Live on Walnuts
A Silver Drop

SoulCalibur
Junichi Nakatsuru, Yoshihito Yano, Akitaka Tohyama, Takanori Otsuka, Hideki Tobeta
In the Name of Father
Unblessed Soul
Leaving the World Behind

SoulCalibur II
Junichi Nakatsuru, Yoshihito Yano, Asuka Sakai, Rio Hamamoto, Ryuichi Takada, Junichi Takagi
Under the Star of Destiny
Brave Sword Braver Soul
Chasing Death

Space Channel 5
Dr. Rachael, Dr. Pris, Ken Woodman & His Piccadilly Brass
Spaceport Introducing Ulala
Evila: Attack of the Evil Reporter
Pala Paya...Lounge Music

Space Channel 5 Part 2 (Hey!! / Chu!!)
Naofumi Hataya, Kenichi Tokoi, Mariko Nanba, Tomoya Ohtani, Ken Woodman & His Piccadilly Brass
Report 5: Strobe Action
This is My Happiness
Mexican Flyer

Star Fox Assault
Yoshie Arakawa, Yoshinori Kawamoto, Hajime Wakai, Koji Kondo
Aparoid Blitz
Sauria
Oikonny’s Fleet

Star Fox Adventures
David Wise
Dark Ice Mines Underground
Thorntail Hollow Day
Inside Krazoa Palace

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jeremy Soule
The Old Republic
Rakata Ruins Battle
Bastila Shan

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
Hideki Okugawa, Yuki Iwai
SÃO PAULO : Sao Paulo-SEAN STAGE
JAZZY-NYC (NY house mix) : New York-ALEX STAGE
LEAVE ALONE (UK house mix) : London-DUDLEY STAGE

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Hideki Okugawa
Necro & Twelve Stage -SNOWLAND-
Sean & Oro Stage -THE LONGSHOREMAN-
Let’s Get It On

Street Fighter Alpha 3
Takayuki Iwai, Yuki Iwai, Isao Abe, Hideki Okugawa, Tetsuya Shibata
Doll Eyes (Cammy’s Theme)
Breeze (Sakura’s Theme)
Brave or Grave (Final M. Bison Theme)

Stronghold
Robert L. Euvino
Castle Jam
Under an Old Tree
Happy Times

Super Mario Sunshine
Koji Kondo, Shinobu Tanaka
Delfino Plaza
Deep Sea of Mare
A Secret Course

Super Monkey Ball
Hidenori Shoji, Sakae Osumi, Haruyoshi Tomita
Master
Storm
Arctic

Super Monkey Ball 2
Hidenori Shoji, Haruyoshi Tomita
Dr Bad Boon’s Base
Under the Ocean
Inside the Whale

Super Robot Wars OG: Original Generations
Hironobu Kageyama, Masami Okui, Wataru Yumura, 岡田さとる, Naofumi Tsuruyama, Takuya Hanaoka, Kayoko Matsushima
For the Day That Has Yet to Come
Treue
Believe in Our Bonds

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Various
Mute City
Hyrule Temple
Fire Emblem

Tales of Destiny R/DC
Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura
Lion: Irony of Fate
Common Destiny
Bare its Fangs

Tales of Destiny 2
Coup de Grace
Alea Jacta Est
Decisive Battle

Tales of Rebirth
Icy Edge
The Die is Cast
The Edge of an Oath

Tales of the Abyss
Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura, Motoo Fujiwara, Yuriko Keino (Dragon Buster)
Shurrey Hills
Meaning of Birth
Finish the Promise

Tales of Legendia
D-A-I, Go Shiina
Battle Artist (OST ver) / Battle Artist (in-game)
Seeking Victory (OST ver) / Seeking Victory (in-game)
The Bird Chirps, I Sing

Tales of Symphonia
Motoi Sakuraba, Shinji Tamura, Takeshi Arai
The End of a Thought
A Snow Light
Fighting of the Spirit

Tekken 4
Akitaka Tohyama, Satoru Kosaki, Yu Miyake, Hiroshi Okubo, Keiki Kobayashi
Authentic Sky
Touch and Go
Kitsch

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Akitaka Tohyama, Tetsukazu Nakanishi, Yoshihito Yano, Yu Miyake, Junichi Nakatsuru, Satoru Kosaki, Rio Hamamoto, Keiichi Okabe, Ryuichi Takada, Kohta Takahashi, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Keiki Kobayashi, NOBUYOSHI "sanodg" SANO, Hiroshi Okubo, Go Shiina, Katsuro Tajima, Tetsuya Uchida
Formless Like Water
Estrada de Estrela
Crimson Sunset

Tekken Tag Tournament
Akitaka Tohyama, Keiichi Okabe, Nobuyoshi Sano, Yu Miyake, Yoshihito Yano, Satoru Kosaki, Rio Hamamoto
Opening
School
Ogre

Timesplitters 2
Graeme Norgate
Notre Dame
Chicago
Return to Planet X

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Amon Tobin
The Lighthouse
Kokubo Sosho Stealth
Ruthless - reprise

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Various
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Bodyjar - Not The Same
House of Pain - I’ma Swing It

(See this post for the rest)

Metroid Prime with the #2/#2 punch.

Also, I know it's a ton of work, but as always I'm gonna ask for a YouTube playlist with all these selections in it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
The winner isn't really a surprise. I didn't vote for it, but I guess it's still a deserving winner.

Sonic over Silent Hill 2, though? This forum....

Thanks for organizing this vote. I know it's been a lot of work, especially with the huge archive. It's really appreciated.

Yay, Schala!

I'm not surprised that, similar to the GotG thread, that so many outstanding entries are so low, for it was the Greatest of Generations...a murderers row of masterful tunes. When SoA and MP1's OSTs can't find a seat during the musical chairs of my top 10 list, you KNOW it's true.

ec0ec0

Nocturnowl talking about melee sountrack:
Even among SSB4 and its 400 plus tracks the Melee remixes are still among the stand outs that have endured through time, as much as I love the stylistic variety and sheer choice the series has now part of me longs to go back to the basics where every song counted and was treated with lavish care.

nailed itt!!

My safe and standard top 2 making the top 2, well that works for me.
SotC actually powered up through my personal list more in the last month when I revisited it for both generation threads, I didn't originally intend to have it as high, almost took the top spot in fact.

Great work with this Schala, especially seeing as you've apparently been busy and all, I need a break from all this listing business after the last few months. If we ever do something like this again we should probably do it mid year seeing as a number of us appeared to be mentally drained trying to find those all important words after using them all for the recent GotY stuff.

And just to be that guy, while I very much enjoy Wind Waker's stronger themes (those credits man) I never felt the soundtrack to be that strong as a whole, probably what I'd consider the most surprising high ranker of this list.

Impressive OPs, OP. Kudos.

The Japan bias is real though. Soule's Morrowind score should easily be ahead of any Gameboy soundtrack, and Halo should really be pushing the top 5. It's iconic.

AniHawk

great work, schala!

at least one of the games i voted for made it to the top 20. although that doesn't surprise me.

more people need to play beyond & good & evil.

zashga

Good list; thanks for organizing. I should've voted, but most of my favorites made the list anyway. It's nice to see Metroid Prime ranked so highly; definitely one of my all-time favorites.

One of the more interesting soundtracks listed is Mother 3. Hard to believe how much quality music that game had, and all composed by one guy. Shogo Sakai is some kind of god.

sp3000

Perhaps this should be renamed to Japanese OST thread. Not terribly surprising considering the voter base.

TheOGB

Banned
I still feel bad about not being very familiar with most of that list, but what can ya do *shrugs*

Nice job, Schala

Wow. Did not know this was a thing. Got a lot of music to listen to here. Thanks GAF.

Ps. Glad FFX got recognized. It´s my most listened to gaming soundtrack + I tried learning To Zanarkand on piano. Does not sound super difficult, but to my fingers it is.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks for the great work, Schala!

I am actually horribly disappointed by those results. xD Exactly zero of my votes made the top 20 and I find many of those on that list to be actually terrible. Oh well.

What determines what gets archived or not? Number of votes? I noticed at least one of the games I voted for (with links and all) didn't make it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4
Various
Lootpack - When I'm On Da Mic
NWA - Express Yourself
Goldfinger - Spokesman

Touhou Youyoumu: Perfect Cherry Blossom
ZUN
Paradise ~ Deep Mountain
The Doll Maker of Bucuresti
Ghostly Band ~ Phantom Ensemble

UNLIMITED:SaGa
Masashi Hamauzu
Battle Theme EX
UNLIMITED:SaGa Overture
Shocking Space

Unreal Tournament
Straylight Productions, Michiel van den Bos
Foregone Destruction
Skyward Fire
Go Down

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (Alicia / Silmeria)
Motoi Sakuraba
Unrestrained Struggle
Never Surrender
Each Lullaby

Venus and Braves
Masako Oogami, Keiki Kobayashi, Tomoko Tatsuta, Junichi Nakatsuru
Sanctuary
Waltz For Ariah (Long Version)
Invisible Side

Viewtiful Joe
Masakazu Sugimori, Masami Ueda, Sayaka Morita
Joe the Hero
Inferno Lord
Captain Blue the True Hero

Viewtiful Joe 2
Masakazu Sugimori, Masami Ueda, Sayaka Morita
True Heroes
Underworld Emperor
Blizzard Hazard

Voodoo Vince
Steve Kirk
Back Stoop
Jean Lafitte's Ship
Sarcophagus Hustle

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune
Yuzo Koshiro
Stream of Tears
Feel the Passion
Destination Blackout

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2
Yuzo Koshiro
This Is My Destiny
Overdrive Neurotransmitters
Another Dimension

WarioWare Inc: Mega Microgame$
Ryoji Yoshitomi, Kyoko Miyamoto
Dribble Highway
9-Volt’s Nintendo Games
Cinema~The Great Sea

Wario Land 4
Ryoji Yoshitomi
Arabian Night
Toxic Landfill
Fiery Cavern

WarioWare Twisted
Kenichi Nishimaki, Masanobu Matsunaga, Yasuhisa Baba
Wario De Mambo
Dribbles & Spitz
Jimmy's Night

Wario World
Norio Hanzawa, Minako Hamano
Greenhorn Forest
Pecan Sands
Greenhorn Ruins

Way of the Samurai
Noriyuki Asakura
Dream of Prosperity
This Shore
The End of Drifting

We Love Katamari
Yu Miyake, Asuka Sakai, Yoshihito Yano, Illreme, Akitaka Tohyama, Hideki Tobeta, Tomoki Kanda, Yuri Misumi, Hiroshi Okubo, Katsuro Tajima
Heaven’s Rain
Bluffing Damacy
Everlasting Love

Wild Arms Advanced 3rd
Michiko Naruke
A Person’s Warmth
You Look Defeated When Sad
Crossfire Sequence

Wild Arms the 4th Detonator
Masato Kouda, Michiko Naruke, Nobuyuki Shimizu, Ryuta Suzuki
Gun Blaze
That Is Where the Pierced Spirit Becomes Certain
The Nightless City, Guara Bobelo

Wild Arms the Vth Vanguard (Vol 1/Vol 2)
Masato Kouda, Noriyasu Agematsu, Michiko Naruke
When the Heart Ignites
The Dry Wind Blows Over You
On the Day The Shovel Was Named Invincible

Wild Arms Alter Code:F
Michiko Naruke
Windward Birds
Footprints
To the End of the Wilderness

World of Warcraft
Jason Hayes, Tracy W. Bush, Derek Duke, Glenn Stafford
War
Elwynn Forest
Stormwind

XII Stag
Naoto
Stage 2,4
Stage 8
Stage 1

Xanadu Next
Hayato Sonoda, Wataru Ishibashi, Takahide Murayama, Takahiro Unisuga
The Treacherous Woods
Evildoer
LA VALSE POUR XANADU ~ XANADU NEXT BATTLE

Xenosaga: Der Wille Zur Macht
Yasunori Mitsuda
Kokoro
Green Sleeves
Battling KOS-MOS

Xenosaga II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse
Yuki Kajiura
Communication Breakdown
Albedo
Lamentation

Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra
Yuki Kajiura
Godsibb
Hepatica
Testament

Yakuza
Hidenori Shoji, Sachio Ogawa, Keitaro Hanada, Fumio Ito, Yuri Fukuda, John Newton
Intelligence for Violence
Scarlet Scar
Funk Goes On

Yakuza 2
Hidenori Shoji, Hideki Sakamoto, Norihiko Hibino & Takahiro Izutani, Franz Gruber
A Scattered Moment
Evil Itself
North Menace

Yggdra Union: We’ll Never Fight Alone
Minako Adachi, Shigeki Hayashi
Yggdra Union
Yggdra Sortie
We’ll Never Fight Alone

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Mieko Ishikawa (material arranged), Masaaki Kawai; Arrangers: Yukihiro Jindo, Masashi "Jill" Okagaki
Illburns Ruins
Sealed Time
The Boy’s Got Wings

Zone of the Enders
Maki Kirioka, Norihiko Hibino, Akihiro Honda, Shuichi Kobori, Toshiyuki Kakuta, Masumi Ito
City (The Earth Light)
Factory (Vivid Transparency)
Boss (Neves)

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Akihiro Honda, Toshiyuki Kakuta, Norihiko Hibino, Maki Kirioka
Bahram Battleship
Beyond the Bounds
Zakat

=========================================================================================================
thanks, everyone. Two gaf lurkers, Bean and Flyguy, deserve as much thanks as i do since they ended up putting parts of the archive together (and bean did the honourable mention count since i got busy last week). And of course, GhaleonQ being there to answer a bunch of administrative questions regarding rules and regulations of the thread. And good looking out to Jucksalbe for advertising the thread whenever possible.

I wish more people had voted in the end. I'm pretty pleased that we ended up increasing the vote count by 40 votes in the last two days. Whether stickying voting threads would help or not, I don't know. But yeah, GAF has >151,000 members and we didn't even get 1% of that due to numerous factors ("i didn't see the thread!", too soon after GotY/SotY, IRL stuff, too hard of a decision, etc).

This is my second time handling the soundtrack vote thread, so I feel like I learned from the first experience (hence why the thread is up far earlier than the previous thread), but I have realized that probably keeping an archive running for the whole year and having it immediately available to post would probably help tremendously if I get busy (and it might start the ball rolling for some people). I'll start up an archive in my spare time and have it available for the 2015 thread.

I generally don't feel that bad whenever soundtracks I vote for don't make it in the Top 15 because what I'd vote for is region-specific or indie or something like that, because I know they'd end up in the archive anyway. If anyone wants to know what soundtrack got how many points, just ask and I'll answer it tomorrow.

What determines what gets archived or not? Number of votes? I noticed at least one of the games I voted for (with links and all) didn't make it.
very briefly: the archive's actually still in-progress. I wanted to get the thread up asap to coordinate the results better with the game of the generation thread, and because i'm super-swamped with irl work, haha.

i started putting the archive together originally by being a reference point for people to listen to soundtracks if they're stuck, so there's a lot on there that people didn't vote for. I might replace those with what people did vote for instead if I don't have enough space to add them. I have to admit that I got a little zealous with the archive in adding a bunch of PC and Arcade stuff that people ended up not voting for at all (but I'd paid attention to in the past -- I ended up removing some of them because of that), so I probably won't do it again, haha.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
very briefly: the archive's actually still in-progress. I wanted to get the thread up asap to coordinate the results better with the game of the generation thread, and because i'm super-swamped with irl work, haha.
Ah, gotcha. I skimmed through and it seemed pretty thorough so I assumed it was finished, which I probably should not have. Take your time of course!

Top Bottom