• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Wurdfurd

Picked this guy up today, gotta say so far I love it. Portal 2 maxed out runs perfectly, and Dirt 2 looks phenomenal.

edmonton2011042700221.jpg

Sew

I posted this elsewhere, but might as well include it in this thread.

Clevo Horize P150HMA
- Intel® Core™ i7-2720Qm 2.2Ghz Quad Core Processor (Sandy Bridge)
- 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz System Memory
- 15.6-inch FHD LED BACKLIT (1920x1080) MATTE FINISH
- ATI Radeon 6970m (Blackcomb XT) with 2GB Dedicated Video RAM

My initial impressions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27270706&postcount=1644

Thoughts after spending the weekend playing: oh shiii

Worth every cent.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
KtRX9.jpg

What an amazing week for new releases. Wish i could play portal 2 coop or mk online though.

Sigh.

plc268

Sagitario said:
Impressions, plz!

I haven't played much beyond the trial period, but it's downright sexy game. It's a metroidvania game (in the loosest sense) mixed in with properties from Ikaruga (i.e. you're immune to blue projectiles if you're blue, immune to red if you're red). It's simple at first, but it builds nicely.

Basically, if you have any love for 2d platformers, get Outland. The controls feel pretty tight, and it's just overall a solid game.

Sew said:
I posted this elsewhere, but might as well include it in this thread.

Clevo Horize P150HMA
- Intel® Core™ i7-2720Qm 2.2Ghz Quad Core Processor (Sandy Bridge)
- 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz System Memory
- 15.6-inch FHD LED BACKLIT (1920x1080) MATTE FINISH
- ATI Radeon 6970m (Blackcomb XT) with 2GB Dedicated Video RAM

My initial impressions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27270706&postcount=1644

Thoughts after spending the weekend playing: oh shiii

Worth every cent.

How much did you pay... I googled it, seemed like it was $1800. If so holy shit. Sexy laptop, no doubt, but I think I'll stick with my desktop paired with a nice portable lightweight laptop. :)

Edit: Doh, I can't read.

Sagitario

Sew said:
$1799AUD. Adding Windows7 & shipping it came in a touch under $1950. :)

Thanks. I am planning on getting a new laptop by the end of the year and something like that one sure looks tempting.

Edit: Thanks plc.

Salsa

Last days of this month (not counting Portal 2, 2K sales (meaning GTA Classics + Max Payne Bundle + Bioshock 2 + Borderlands GOTY))

h1fyB.png

IGX0h.png

poVQq.png

WUGvY.png

cVkrx.png

pH0tZ.png

PJ1mR.png

rjNwx.png

Looking forward to Capsized just 2 days from now!

Rich!

All brand new:

UFjsq.jpg

Controllers were £2.99 each, VMU and Vibration Pack were £1.95 each. VGA adapter was a decent price too.

Won this yesterday in my company's Staff Appreciation raffle:

P1010051.jpg

First book I bought for it was actually A Band of Misfits by Andrew Baggarly.

P1010052.jpg

ithorien said:
/WAAANT

MarkMan, can I come clean your house for one of these? I'm surprised you still have place to put these things.
I remember him saying he actually has most of his 200+ stick collection in storage.

foomfoom415 said:
Maybe it's a region thing.

Here is what I, and presumably he, sees:

rhouse.png
The Kindle books are a victim of "price set by publisher". Amazon can offer deep discounts on physical book collection, but the ebook marketplace is more competitive now and Random House wants to ensure their profit margins.

NewFresh

richisawesome said:
All brand new:

Controllers were £2.99 each, VMU and Vibration Pack were £1.95 each. VGA adapter was a decent price too.
You just reminded me of how much I need a VGA adapter for my DC

omgkitty

HildyB said:
I was on the fence due to the quantity I drink in a day. 17oz is between a 'small' and 'medium' coffee from a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. It is quality though and is true to the hype. I filled it up before work, promptly forgot it on the way out, came home 8 hours later and it was still warm (closer to cool than hot, but still).

Geeze 8 hours later? That's crazy. I only ever drink coffee if I am out and never make it on my own. I can't ever seem to make it as good as if I just bought some Starbucks so I don't even try.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Anyone bought the Bloggie 3D yet? ( I am searching this thread but with no result) if anyone bought it, please hit me with some hand on impressions.

Axelums

Neo Member
Last pickup for this month I think.

Had it a week and finally got round to taking a picture. Really amazed by the 3D, look forward to playing other titles on this thing.

RetailPurchasesApr201110.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

-Nyko Wand Action Pack (comes with the Wand controller too). Guns are weird to hold and hard to move quickly (I guess a steady aim is easier though) but the trigger is fantastic. ~£13 from GAME
-The DS case was described as "Pokemon Platinum Bag". I was hoping for an actual backpack or something but to be honest I bought to see what it was. After voucher (GAME15) ~£1.50.
-Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Love Amazon price matches (GAME gave it a bomba price and Amazon kept the price...for like 3 days after GAME sold out). Off to play The Lost Age now.
-Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem. Again Amazon price matched GAME's deal of the day about a month ago.
-Ghost Squad (disc only). Yeah, I'm cheap. Fun thing is if I were to trade it back GAME would be like "it needs boxes and instructions". My guess is they had a Wii traded in and the person left this in the drive.
-Mario and Luigi Partners in Time. The CEX I got it from had it for at least a few weeks before I could get to the store along with Super Princess Peach and a game only Flingsmash (sadly, I was between a week and 2 days late for those two). Still had the Club Nintendo too and it worked (I guess its code would only expire when all the DS games are expired as the code was issued before expiry dates were bought in). Traded in a spare copy of Pikmin against it.

Hanzou

Auron_Kale said:
Won this yesterday in my company's Staff Appreciation raffle:

P1010051.jpg

First book I bought for it was actually A Band of Misfits by Andrew Baggarly.

P1010052.jpg

How do you like the Kindle so far. I am very interested in picking one up.

olore

SalsaShark said:

"Awesome game" doesn´t even start to do this game justice. Played this... must`ve been close to twenty years ago now on my brothers Amiga 500. Atmosphere, graphics, music, the humour, the set-pieces. AAA-game all-around. Lucas and Spielberg should`ve made a motion picture based on this game

Hanzou said:
How do you like the Kindle so far. I am very interested in picking one up.

So far it's been pretty awesome, though I'm still getting used to it. Screen is crisp and despite the flicker when the pages turn, it's not too bad. Definitely easier to read than on a LCD for extended periods of time, but I like knowing that I can just pick up where I left off on my phone if I forget it.

Probably the only thing that weirds me out is how I can faintly see the image of the screensaver after I turn the unit off, but other than that, no big deal as the screen's perfectly fine.

mike23

Auron_Kale said:
Probably the only thing that weirds me out is how I can faintly see the image of the screensaver after I turn the unit off, but other than that, no big deal as the screen's perfectly fine.

Hit Alt-G on the keyboard (on the kindle)

Top Bottom