• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Thoraxes

Cool! My Dad picked up an S5 too, seems great (Though I must say I think I prefer my Note 3 more atm, and bizarely, it performed better in benchmark tests than the S5, despite specs saying the hardware is better on the S5... ha ha)

Though yeah, if you're tech savvy, I think Android > iOS no question. I think the iOS is best aimed at the mainstream, simply because its very simple to use, but for those who want more, I did always think Android was better than iOS, but before the Note 3, I only had a HTC Desite which was like Android 2.1 or 2.2 I think, so it wasnt quite...as developed as Android is now, and compared to my iPod Touch 5, the iPod was much faster and could run more sophisiticated apps.
Then I got the Note 3, my mind was blown, I tested Angry Birds Go on both and the difference was night and day, looked so much more clear and sharp on the Note 3, and on the iPod, actually seemed blurry. It really felt like the first mobile device to me which was truly independent from the PC, I always had a reason to plug in mobiles to my PC at some point, but finally anything I want to do on my Phone, I can fully do them without needing to rely on PC access to do it.

Hope you enjoy the S5 and will essentially kill iOS for you ;)
I'm loving it so far and thank you for your explanations :D

BlVx7uVCAAEsKdp.jpg:large

‏@Fattony12000
from Kyoto City Nakagyo Ward, 26
16 Apr 2014
#japan #videogames

The month is winding down, so I thought I'd just post my April pick ups. It's been a pretty good month for beefing up my shounen manga what with mulitple Rightstuf sales.

Started my Hunter X Hunter collection, friggen love this series and wish I had just went all out and gotten the last 7 volumes as well.

Also picked up a few Misc. volumes I was missing from collections I already have:

Picked up the Negima volumes I was missing:

Also decided to go a ahead and buy a Bride's Story (not pictured, volume 3). At around 11 bucks each, I couldn't pass it up.

And One of my Weekly pickups:

Some other Misc. Stuff

All in all, great month for my manga collection. Rightstuf is the best.

StayDead

So over a month after leaving Japan this stuff came to me <3 (admittedly I got Rorona last year but haven't opened it >_>)

14062953071_6e0629fdf9_z.jpg

Below is the laundry bag which came with the first release version of f 2nd (despite the wait x_x)

14062952791_16070f8186_z.jpg

CrovaxPSO

So over a month after leaving Japan this stuff came to me <3 (admittedly I got Rorona last year but haven't opened it >_>)

14062953071_6e0629fdf9_z.jpg

Below is the laundry bag which came with the first release version of f 2nd (despite the wait x_x)

14062952791_16070f8186_z.jpg

Those Atelier boxes make me wish we got physical releases here :(

Got me one dem dere new hotnesses

X8wELv5.jpg

Xperia Z2. I got bored with my iPhone 5s (again).

FF9YVCq.jpg

The camera sharpens things a bit too much for my liking though, as ironic as that is, since it's all of 20.7MP

Browny

Banned
I really love this thread, so after lurking for so long, I thought I'd share!

Some Steam games - Sleeping Dogs (to get me back into action games, in preparation for Watch_Dogs next month) and Shadowrun Returns - Dragonfall (my favourite game of the year so far), plus Deus Ex Human Revolution (for when the nights draw in):

Also bought a new car. Replaced my Clio (on its last legs) with a Mitsubishi Lancer Sport Estate. Got a very good deal, it's got more than enough poke and huge amounts of room - I'm happy:

The second Lancer I've owned (after my Evo 6 a few years back) - nice to be driving something Japanese again!

And finally, I've jumped back into card games. Having played Magic for a fair few years, I fancied something a little easier on the wallet. Waited patiently for a deal on Netrunner, and Amazon came up trumps - checked daily for a couple of months, and got it at a reasonable price:

Strike

0325_zpsb9f1b46b.jpg

0403_zpse2a7bcd7.jpg

0412_zps138b6255.jpg

0418_zpsbc7f46b6.jpg

Bought these during the month. Kind of wish I waited a bit longer on Braid though.

DSCN1324_zpsb93d5adc.jpg

Bought this from Best Buy's sale over the weekend.

Marceles

Build completed, here are the beauty shots. Apologies for spamming the thread with uncompleted shots before, just excited about this build. :)

sMlgKoUl.jpg

58TqraUl.jpg

Q0RjO26l.jpg

T334K3ol.jpg

7BNxrGQl.jpg

xejfMVvl.jpg

ZDJgdfPl.jpg

xxT11ahl.jpg

eLlQ4DDl.jpg

6QGdJVel.jpg

And last but not least:-
sGwkf4ul.jpg

Nice, I'm super jealous of how tidy it is. I need to add some LEDs to mine and definitely want to get a modular power supply in the future

I hit up some out of the way resale shops yesterday and found some cool stuff:

wwN1dmWl.jpg

-I found all of these at Half-Price Books.

UYFWEOvl.jpg

-I found a bunch of movies I wanted super-cheap between 2 Disc Replay stores. :)

0WyrUYNl.jpg

-The older PS games are from Disc Replay and I finally tracked down a few of the clearance games that I'd been hunting for at a distant Toys R Us.

CBbTdV1l.jpg

-I found a bunch of interesting Nintendo games between the 2 Disc Replay stores too. I was especially psyched to finally cross Vegas Stakes & Cruis'n USA off my "List of Nintendo Games to Get". :)

Loving the A6000. It's my first "real" camera.

I got this stupid t-shirt too that I also love for some reason...

So what exactly is that shirt supposed to be? A meme?

So what exactly is that shirt supposed to be? A meme?

Supposedly it's a mashup of the Doge internet meme with this

I've been thinking of upgrading to the a6000 from my second hand NEX-5N, how do you like the camera? You could have at least taken the picture of your haul WITH the a6000 though!
Well, I just didn't think it was worth using it. I can just snap a simple photo and publish it on gaf quicker using just a smartphone. Plus, I'm just a complete newbie when it comes to photography and only have the kit lenses, so you'll find much more grounded opinions and samples on dedicated sites like dpreview.com and others.
With that said, coming from a mostly smartphones and cheap point-and-shoot background the A6000 is almost overwhelming, but I'm loving the AF and the "machine-gun fast" burst mode for photos with a lot of movement.

dubq

May I ask how much shipping was on the Bullet Club shirt? Been thinking of buying one but being in the US I am hesitant.

Shipping from the NJPW Shop to a Japanese address was free because I ordered a few shirts. I used www.tenso.com to re-ship it from Japan to Canada, which cost me about 2700 Yen, but I also had quite a few other items I was receiving from them via Amazon Japan so I'm sure it would be a bit cheaper if you were just getting a single shirt.

jimi_dini

Where did you get Go Vacation (seems like the Aussie version you got there) and how much? I've never seen it cheap (and ended up never buying it).

http://www.shop4de.com/wii-games/go-vacation-game-wii

26EUR (+2EUR postage)
Sadly it's the Australian version. Club Nintendo website said that the code was expired, but there was no expiration date on the registration card. Contacted Nintendo and they gave me a brand new code.

btw. the game is absolutely awesome. Motion controls work in almost every mini-game and it's huge. Makes sense that the price never dropped that much, totally worth it.

http://www.shop4de.com/wii-games/go-vacation-game-wii

26EUR (+2EUR postage)
Sadly it's the Australian version. Club Nintendo website said that the code was expired, but there was no expiration date on the registration card. Contacted Nintendo and they gave me a brand new code.

btw. the game is absolutely awesome. Motion controls work in almost every mini-game and it's huge. Makes sense that the price never dropped that much, totally worth it.

Seems like you can only order from your local store front. And for some reason its €3 more expensive than all of its neighbouring countries' stores in my local shop. Charming.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I've picked up a lot of stuff lately, but here's some of the highlights:

A few PS1 games. That Fatal Fury game is usually a $10-$20 game, so that was a good deal.

I love RE3. I've heard a lot of good things about Landstalker, I hope it's good.

And here is the big one. I've never owned a Commodore computer before. This VIC-20 was complete in the box and works great. I'm going to try and S-Video mod it.

I do a big unboxing of it in this video: Gaming Pickups 9
I had no idea RE was on gamecube

Jigolo

The month is winding down, so I thought I'd just post my April pick ups. It's been a pretty good month for beefing up my shounen manga what with mulitple Rightstuf sales.

Started my Hunter X Hunter collection, friggen love this series and wish I had just went all out and gotten the last 7 volumes as well.

FqgFNbZ.png

So. Jealous. Do you buy them all on Amazon? I only have the 1st Volume and I bought it from there.

Some last pick-ups for April...

New earbuds:
3facf4f271af8bbd21a34b2fab9ac2f8_zpsaa61ff17.jpg

New game:
6e1a5d30e55c11d7604f9f515e1b6f30_zpsab1bfd8c.jpg

New shirts:
88119590e68fdd3936a895b35b2db770_zps3e07e6c7.jpg

(Big thanks to fellow Gaffer oyoshimaru for helping me out with this shirt!)
141772e581259e5c6887124947f682e7_zps740c8d66.jpg

Top Bottom