NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Cdammen

Apr 6, 2006
Sweden
MarkMan said:
C'mon guys, post real pics...
Lonesome_Raod said:
I prefer photos of the goods.
YES! Photos or GTFO! :)

Finally bought a NTSC copy of Rez for my US/PSTwo when Play-Asia got a couple of 'em after a reprint. I also have the PAL version. Rez is more visual/aural art than game, but who cares when your senses are mesmerized by all them purdy colors.

Yeah, and that magazine is the latest issue of swedish Super PLAY.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Aug 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
markman23.com
Whoa that's an awesome mag cover!

Any chance you can snap a shot of the mag without Rez in front. :p?

lol...

good pickups everyone...

for those of you that bought hotlinked images, how are they?

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
MarkMan said:
C'mon guys, post real pics
A mod should edit "Post self-taken pictures only" into the title. These threads always devolve into tons of boxshots from amazon or gamestop.

Nice Virtua Stick, MArkMan. I hope Xbox 360 gets the same love this August. I'll definitely get one when I buy a PS3 though.

valkillmore

May 17, 2006

Sold my PS2 a while ago to put down payment on a Xbox 360. Was time to get it again, this time a slimline.

Also, get this - I scored Psychonauts for 8 dollars Canadian! It was at a Sams Club up here. What a sweet deal, I've heard nothing but good things about this game.

Also, went GTA crazy out of love. I want to try and play through all five PS2 titles before GTA4 hits (GTA3, GTAVC and GTASA will be at least a second time through for each game).

FirstInHell

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
omg
_dementia said:
A mod should edit "Post self-taken pictures only" into the title. These threads always devolve into tons of boxshots from amazon or gamestop.

Nice Virtua Stick, MArkMan. I hope Xbox 360 gets the same love this August. I'll definitely get one when I buy a PS3 though.
I posted the exact same thing last month and got flamed for it. I am not sure why anyone would want to see a thread with a bunch of boxshots from Ebgames or Amazon.

Mideon

Sep 15, 2006
Sorry to be a little off topic but is there any way to subscribe to super play from the UK?

wotter

Jan 7, 2007
Belgium
I'm not german, i'm from belgium (and we speak dutch ffs, well half of the country is, but it's a long story :D).

Mideon

Sep 15, 2006
wotter said:
I'm not german, i'm from belgium (and we speak dutch ffs, well half of the country is, but it's a long story :D).
Sorry dude it made me chuckle thats all, im sure some English or foreign things make you chuckle.

Fallout-NL

Aug 17, 2005
Netherlands
www.timetowaste.net
Mideon said:
Sorry dude it made me chuckle thats all, im sure some English or foreign things make you chuckle.

Actually shit like that looks just as retarded to us as it does to you. Not sure about Belgium, but in the Netherlands no movie is butchered through dubbing, we get the original speech/soundtrack.

Mix of late last month and today. I'm probably the only person in Australia to buy Wing Island. :] It is pretty dodgy, but the free flight mode is good. World Super Police is fun, even with its Sega Saturn style graphics and horrid English dub (I think every single character is by the one voice actor, but you can choose the original Japanese voices somewhere in there).

X-Treme Express uuumm... it was $5, and it looked retarded, so I needed to check it out. You race trains, you can derail your opponents. I can't even make out what the announcer screams about non-stop. That's the whole game!

n8NMONSTER

Jul 20, 2006
most recent pick ups:

Ju-On 2 Manga ($9.95), The Host DVD ($22.00)

CompUSA clearance, Surge Protectors after 15% off... only $0.83 each!!

CompUSA clearance, Spike Light after 40% off... only $7.79!!

Escaflowne Movie ($9.99), The Big Hit ($9.99)

Getsumen To Heiki Mina Figurines, no.4, 5. Now I have em all. :)

chase

Jun 16, 2004
I got a 360 with PES6, Gears and Crackdown.

Been playing mostly Gears. It's pretty good, you get into a bit of a zone and it kinda flows. Still, I think it's been a bit overrated. And I don't understand multiplayer at all. :p

Only played a bit of the other two. PES seems alright, though I doubt I'll ever really get into it. Crackdown's pretty good too, seems very arcadey, but I don't know how I'll feel about the storyline and presentation. I'm already annoyed at it. :p That and without a serious story, I don't know how interested I'll be in the city, which is a problem in this kind of game.

sl4sh79

Dec 18, 2006
Legnano, Italy
sl4sh.blogspot.com
Infernal Monkey said:
X-Treme Express uuumm... it was $5, and it looked retarded, so I needed to check it out. You race trains, you can derail your opponents. I can't even make out what the announcer screams about non-stop. That's the whole game!
I have it! It's so terrible that it's hilarious!

Great fun with friends when drunk/intoxicated... ;-)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Jul 26, 2004
Long Island, NY
Jefklak said:
WHAT WHAT WHAT
Guardian heroes exists in GBA version? oh shiz
It's not what you think... plays a lot different to the Saturn version. Many people were disappointed with the game (try digging up old threads about it) due to its differences... it was greatly scaled back in terms of character size, had lots of slowdown, and focused more on countering. I liked it but YMMV.

TekunoRobby

Junior Tag of Excellence
Jun 19, 2004
In two weeks time I'll be devastating Comp USA when their clearance goes to 30% off.

djtiesto said:
It's not what you think... plays a lot different to the Saturn version. Many people were disappointed with the game (try digging up old threads about it) due to its differences... it was greatly scaled back in terms of character size, had lots of slowdown, and focused more on countering. I liked it but YMMV.
Yeah I'm a huge fan of the original game and I thought Advance Guardian Heroes was crap. It was bad enough the the gameplay was changed around so much but it essentially took place
after all of the good guys from GH Saturn died..wtf? That can't be right.