• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupin23rd

SlaughterX said:
How are you playing JP PS2 games on a NA PS3?

I'm not :)

(Haven't quite resolved what I'm going to do about the JP games yet haha)

Thanks for the info MarkMan, I'll investigate into PS2 sticks for the time being.

frogg609

So I'm looking to mod my old US Tekken 5 arcade stick and use it on the 360. I'm not too concerned with wiring up the PCB. My biggest concerns are adding the guide button, and setting up the Sanwa stick and buttons right. I found an old tutorial on Himura, but all the pics are gone.

Does anyone have a good tutorial on how to put in the joystick and buttons, as well as how to replace the artwork?

thanks

Ecto311

plik said:
any opinions on the HORI Wii stick? Fry's has it for $30. worth it? how does it feel?

I like it but don't get it for games like brawl because the stick doesn't make you move you just taunt the other players and nothing else.

So anyone know when th Amazon HRAPs are coming out?

I'm trying to jump on it since I missed the HRAP 2 sa and the Arcana Heart stick last year.

Ok so I still have my PS2 hori stick, so my question is will using a ps2 stick via the PS2 to PS3 adapter be just as responsive/ work just the same?

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ecto311 said:
I like it (Hori stick) but don't get it for games like brawl because the stick doesn't make you move you just taunt the other players and nothing else.

That reminds me... I was browsing VC-Reviews recently and came across a review for the "Wii Shaft" joystick. It plugs into the GameCube port, sadly, but the joystick can be used in either digital or analog mode, which means it works for Smash Bros. and the like.

If it were Classic Controller compatible instead of GC port compatible, I might buy it... VC-Reviews mentioned that the manufacturers claimed it used the GC port because of "potential lag in wireless connections", but that seems like an excuse rather than a true reason.

Sagitario

plik said:
any opinions on the HORI Wii stick? Fry's has it for $30. worth it? how does it feel?

I got it last week... it feels good with GGXX [I'm very casual with fighting games though (by casual, I mean "I suck at playing them but I still love them)]...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
viewtiful_dru said:
So anyone know when th Amazon HRAPs are coming out?

I'm trying to jump on it since I missed the HRAP 2 sa and the Arcana Heart stick last year.

Seems like they come out July 17th. Check out the links section for each page here:

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/hori-real-arcade-pro-amazon-jp-ps2/

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/arcade-sticks/hori-real-arcade-pro-3-amazon-jp-ps3/

It's a shame that Amazon Japan doesn't ship this product to US ;(

EDIT: Update.

The preorder prices for the Amazon Japan edition HRAP sticks are pretty good:

Amazon JP HRAP 1 (PS2) - Price: ¥ 6,766 (Tax Included)
Amazon JP HRAP 3 (PS3) - Price: ¥ 6,766 (Tax Included)

By today's conversion rate of 1 USD = 102.825 JPY, the cost of one unit shipped to a Japanese address would be 6,766.00 JPY = 65.8011 USD

They both also qualify for free shipping within Japan. So whichever shop stocks/sells these they'll get em for a better price, and that means better prices for all! Yay!

plik

Farore said:
I got it last week... it feels good with GGXX [I'm very casual with fighting games though (by casual, I mean "I suck at playing them but I still love them)]...

that's exactly why i would want it, been playing GGXX on the classic controller, not bad but might be better with a stick. thanks for your reply.
any chance of more fighters coming to Wii?

Sagitario

plik said:
that's exactly why i would want it, been playing GGXX on the classic controller, not bad but might be better with a stick. thanks for your reply.
any chance of more fighters coming to Wii?

If we're talking about 2D fighting games: there are the VC games... The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga and Samurai Shodown Anthology are coming too [Q4 2008]...

KOF-Orochi_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Anthology_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

There's also the rumored SFIV :p ...

bee

so i'm looking for an arcade stick for use with a PC only, its gonna be used pretty much exclusively with GGPO and a few other emus, i'd prefer just a straight usb stick rather than having to use a converter

couple of things, im in the UK, don't really care about top notch quality and only really wanna spend about £30 tops, how do these look, anyone got any better suggestions?

seems cheap
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-2byy.html

does this even work with a pc?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Virtua-Fighter-Fighting-Stick-Xbox/dp/B000SKLUW4

Joule

MarkMan said:
Is it me or is this thread borked for some reason?

It was for me as it didn't have any of the posts after the one where you linked the review for TAC converter. I had to clear my cache.

xero273

Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Hori FS3 and the joystick works in all directions except for down. Is this something that I can fix myself?

Cmagus

Id like to know how well the Hori fighting stick ex2 for Xbox 360 work with non fighting games like Ikaruga and metal slug does this stick work well or is it best for just fighting games.I wanted to pick up a stick to play games like Ikaruga, trigger heart exelica and metal slug amoung others but I want to make sure that it's going to be precise.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
You can order it via akihabarashop

Here is a link:

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/developments/index.php

shipping is a bitch ;X

it's not that bad :)

Im actually in the process of buidling my custom stick for the first time. I'm using the board from a T5 PS2 stick, and using the base of a Wii Fighting stick. Seimitsu clear buttons (PS-14-K-N) and Stick along (LS-56) with Octagonal Main Guide (LS-56) with a Clear balltop (LB-49). Will keep updated with pics.

Teknoman

Farore said:
If we're talking about 2D fighting games: there are the VC games... The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga and Samurai Shodown Anthology are coming too [Q4 2008]...

KOF-Orochi_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

Samurai-Shodown-Anthology_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

There's also the rumored SFIV :p ...

Is SS Anthology coming out for the PS2 as well? If so, im DEFINATLY snagging that.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Does anyon e have a US Tekken 5 stick that they can open up and take a picture of the wiring for the joystick (ala where to put which wire where?) I would greatly appreciate.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just bought another Korean stick for Tekken use. Got a stick.kr arcade stick with a Taeyoung Fanta lever installed. Can't wait to get it. Going to be my 4th Korean stick, never had one made in/from Korea though.

--

Per @ Akihabara Shop has some EXCLUSIVE Sanwa items for sale in the coming weeks. I can't wait to preorder em!

For more info/pics check the latest pages/posts in this thread on SRK:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=108982

G35: Have you tried asking on SRK? I'd take a picture of mine but it is a bitch to open and get into my closet lol.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
G35: Have you tried asking on SRK? I'd take a picture of mine but it is a bitch to open and get into my closet lol.

yeah, i got a couple of answers but i still need a decent picture to get the just of it though, if you did I would greatly appreciate it. I actually sent you a message on there under the name (dashyt2dafulliz)

also, how did that new ps2 converter work out?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
g35twinturbo said:
yeah, i got a couple of answers but i still need a decent picture to get the just of it though, if you did I would greatly appreciate it. I actually sent you a message on there under the name (dashyt2dafulliz)

also, how did that new ps2 converter work out?

Unfortunately I didn't receive the REAL PS2 converter yet ;(

I'll update when I get it. If I have time I'll dig up my T5 stick.

What do you need a picture of the innards for?

Lee N

Membre
MarkMan said:
Per @ Akihabara Shop has some EXCLUSIVE Sanwa items for sale in the coming weeks. I can't wait to preorder em!
That dark hai mesh balltop is pretty sex.. I think it would go well on my VSHG.

Lee N

Membre
MarkMan said:
Exactly what I was thinking! Since it already has dark hai buttons ;)
Yeah.. I've wanted to "pimp" my VSHG for a while.. but I didn't want to make it too over the top. It's pretty nice looking as it is and changing to other colours might just clash against the dark look of it. But the dark hai mesh balltop is perfect for this, you can change it without changing it too much..

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
Unfortunately I didn't receive the REAL PS2 converter yet ;(

I'll update when I get it. If I have time I'll dig up my T5 stick.

What do you need a picture of the innards for?

Well mainly the wires that are connected to the PCB from the joystick, me being a dumbass didn't write down how it was wired so i dont know to wire my Sanwa joystick :(

Somewhat in the market for a HRAP3, but it's apparently impossible for me to find one in stock without getting fleeced on shipping from Japan or dealing with stores with universally bad reps. (I also apparently missed out on NCSX's shipment)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Try contacting Play-Asia as they may have one...

If can also check if High Score has any in stock at the moment as I might see the guy that does the stick selling tomorrow.

Last I checked play-asia shipping was ~50$ for one, which as a last-ish resort is acceptable, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

High Score Online intrigues me but it's also the store I've read about with the universally bad reputation. I'm not really into spending 100$ and then having to wrestle with customer service just to get it shipped.

Johnkers

Check out Renchi, they're out of stock at the moment but when I bought mine they had the cheapest price for both the stick and the shipping to Australia.

Not sure where you live but might be worth a shot

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I will check with the High-Score guy if he has it in stock, if he does, I'll buy em' and wouldn't mind selling/shipping them. I know a few other guys are looking for some on various forums I visit... and honestly I don't mind having more sticks lying around the house :lol

*lets stick collection grow further*

"I will check with the High-Score guy if he has it in stock, if he does, I'll buy em' and wouldn't mind selling/shipping them. I know a few other guys are looking for some on various forums I visit... and honestly I don't mind having more sticks lying around the house

*lets stick collection grow further*"

Do let me know!

"whats so special about the HRAP3?

I been seeing alot of people jizzing about it."

Some high quality parts (Already comes with a Sanwa stick), modding the buttons to Sanwa/Seimitsu is braindead simple.

Baconmonk

bee said:

I use that stick with my PC right now, but it is kind of tricky to get it working. If you aren't afraid of custom drivers however, go for it. It's a great stick, but the stock restrictor plate is square, which I hate, so I ordered an octagonal one. I will warn you, this stick, Vista, and Mame are kind of a bitch to get working together. Possible, but a bit of a pain, I hear XP is much simpler.

I use it now with mame, CPS2 and 3, and zsnes emulators I have, works great.

Check here for the drivers/info if you end up getting the stick:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=141775

Anyone have any info or links on how to go about building a stick for the Wii?

I have the Neo Geo and Hori Fighting sticks, but browsing through the available options for the DIY set has made me jealous and industrious. Hot pink buttons FTW.

Anyone have any comments on the WiiShaft?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Teknopathetic said:
"whats so special about the HRAP3?

I been seeing alot of people jizzing about it."

Some high quality parts (Already comes with a Sanwa stick), modding the buttons to Sanwa/Seimitsu is braindead simple.

ahhh okay, hmm I guess I wouldn't need to purchase one if I already have the parts (Sanwa). My main issue now if wiring this PCB

hie

Cmagus said:
Id like to know how well the Hori fighting stick ex2 for Xbox 360 work with non fighting games like Ikaruga and metal slug does this stick work well or is it best for just fighting games.I wanted to pick up a stick to play games like Ikaruga, trigger heart exelica and metal slug amoung others but I want to make sure that it's going to be precise.

I'd actually love to know this as well. it took me forever to find any instore around the Seattle area. I actually have to drive pretty far south to get one.

i plan on using it mostly for shoooters, as said above.

anyone using this stick with Ikaruga??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom