• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MarkMan said:
thetrin, get either an Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 or a Virtua Stick High Grade(if you can find them), you can't go wrong with either one. Which games will you be using it for?

Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi, King of Fighters XI, Ibara and Dodonpachi Daioujou. In the future, SFIV, Dodonpachi 3 and KOFXII.

The HRAP3 looks like something I should look for.

I personally like bat tops more than ball tops (for comfort reasons). Any recommendations?

If only ball tops are available, it's not a huge deal.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, are HRAP3's pretty easy to find in stores? What's the pricepoint on them?

thetrin said:
In the future, SFIV, Dodonpachi 3 and KOFXII.

2515558913_62196b4b2f_o.jpg

u missed one?
4v66vk.jpg

Joule

MarkMan said:
http://www.buy.com/prod/hori-uhp3-01-ps3-fighting-stick/q/loc/108/203407057.html

Hori Fighting Stick 3 (PS3) for a good price (Use Google Check Out)!

It is not nearly as good as a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 or Virtua Stick High Grade, but if you're not that serious ($100+) about arcade sticks, this COULD BE what you're looking for.

Gah. If it was a ps2 stick, I'd grab it. I haven't been able to find a place selling one of those cheap Tekken 5 horis/fighting stick 2's locally and I really don't want to pay the shipping for where I can find it online.

A friend of mine might be interested though. Thanks MarkMan.

thetrin

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
I know this is really off topic, but...

Anyone have a PS2 Sega Saturn pad? Or the PC USB Sega Saturn pad? Color doesn't matter.

I need one pretty urgently! If anyone has info or can help me find one (not for $100+ tho)... please let me know!

Lol, I'm searching for years to find one. Possibility of finding one is lower then getting killed by Yoda cosplayer with an icecream cone. Even more rare is ASCII FT2 pad which, how the legend tells, is supposely even better then Saturn pad.

I'm no thief, but I'd rob anyone out of those in a blink of an eye.

If you ever find a source of any of those, let me know.

thetrin

UC1 said:
HRAP3 should be easily under 10,000 yen. They're listed for about 8,500 at hori-sotre.com

I'll check Den Den Town this weekend and see what kinds of prices I can scare up.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea we should change the thread title to "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread (And the quest for Saturn USB pads)"

!

Damn. I wish I was in Japan, I see some on Yahoo auctions Japan from time to time.

JEKKI

MarkMan said:
Yea we should change the thread title to "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread (And the quest for Saturn USB pads)"

!

Damn. I wish I was in Japan, I see some on Yahoo auctions Japan from time to time.
Rinkya dat shyt!!

it only costs like an extra $200 in service fees and shipping!!

that's how I got all my old skool jpop posters!

back in the dayz

Got my HRAP2 SA today, I wasn't sure what to expect seeing as I've never used a HORI product before but it's right up there with my VS high grade in terms of quality and feel.

Seriously, don't miss out on these!

EDIT: Hells yeah, the front panel has a mounting plate for the stick, modding this will be a breeze! HORI loves me!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My work ordered two Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 SAs and they are pure sex. I didn't get one for myself, but I did buy another arcade stick yesterday... I'm currently at the 55 mark lol.

JEKKI: I'm up on that Rinkya, I really hope a brand new one pops up on Yahoo Auctions Japan soon, I need one of them Saturn USB pads!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I want some light up buttons for my 360 EX2. Are there any that compatible? I know the mod is a bit extensive (soldering and all that), but I need a list of compatible buttons so I can purchase them and get it going.

bryehn

Hey guys, anyone know of a Canadian retailer (online preferably, I'm disabled) that I can score a Hori 360 stick from? Videogamesplus.ca has them at $60, but it's like $25 shipping too.

Those controllers are godly, I'm holding on to my white USB for dear life.

That said, it seems about time for SEGA to produce hardware again, it's been a while since the VSHGs.

Sanjay

How do Hori get away with such abusive prices?

HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick 2 SA
Price: US$ 189.90 (£96.56 GBP)

and then dilvery at US$ 70 which is around (£30.00 GBP)

and import tax another (£20.00 GBP)

£150 for a stick, god damn!

"How do Hori get away with such abusive prices?

HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick 2 SA
Price: US$ 189.90 (£96.56 GBP)

and then dilvery at US$ 70 which is around (£30.00 GBP)

and import tax another (£20.00 GBP)

£150 for a stick, god damn!"

Special edition with all Sanwa parts, which actually only REALLY adds like 20$ (less for wholesale, obviously) to the manufacturing cost, but they gotta mark that shit up for $$'s sake. :p

SlaughterX: Much hate.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SlaughterX you make me very sad and bitter.

I'm going to have to post a picture of my arcade sticks to make me feel better now :(

*cries*

Sanjay

"it seems about time for SEGA to produce hardware again"

I second this, I got myself a Sega VSHG for £65 delivered, Quality stick, all Sanwa parts and great price.

"I'm currently at the 55 mark"

is that sticks? how do you store them man, I find it hard enough to store the 3 which I have scatered about in my room, but I feel for you man, its a addiction.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
They're all over my house... I have em in my closet, in my room, in my living room... at work, in my kitchen lol.

I keep the boxes too so that doesn't help X_X

Three questions...

How is the Hori Fighting Stick EX2?

How difficult is it to mod and just but a bat top on the stick itself?

Is there a way to make it PC compatible?

baysoftgames_2000_18548683

DaCocoBrova

brendanrfoley said:
Three questions...

How is the Hori Fighting Stick EX2?

How difficult is it to mod and just but a bat top on the stick itself?

Is there a way to make it PC compatible?

baysoftgames_2000_18548683

Read the last few pages.

I did not go far enough back in the thread... sorry about that!

Last night, I ordered it up -- as well as an octogonal gate and bat top from Lizard Lick.

I'd love to replace the art work as weill, but that is impossible unless the buttons are removed. Considering I have nothing to solder with, I'm SOL.

DaCocoBrova

Yeah, I'm about to do the button mod. I just wish I knew what all my available button replacement options were.

Chorazin

brendanrfoley said:
I did not go far enough back in the thread... sorry about that!

Last night, I ordered it up -- as well as an octogonal gate and bat top from Lizard Lick.

I'd love to replace the art work as weill, but that is impossible unless the buttons are removed. Considering I have nothing to solder with, I'm SOL.

Lizard Lick were really excellent when I ordered my octagonal plate from them, got to me in just a few days. Just drill out the holes where the pegs are (you'll get this when you have it in hand) and swap them out. It takes all of 10 minutes.

DaCocoBrova

Yeah, it was an easy mod.

I'm wondering if these will work with the EX2 (6xSeimitsu PS-14-KN).../

ps14kn_g.jpg

I think this is what this guy used...

2495506665_314e61629c.jpg

JEKKI

Coco Brovaz day breaks loose upon my camp once more,

get up get dressed and prepare for war

ayo the war's on everything outside yo door

it's a rude awakening but there's more in store

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I tested a new PS2/PS3 converter by a Chinese company called REAL. It is the REAL deal... Up there with the Pelican PS2/PS3 converter. It is pretty much identical in every aspect. It is the BEST converter out there for you fighting game freaks. It is not the best for Music lovers tho, that honor goes to the TAC one. I'll be doing a big reviewathon on PS2/PS3 converters in the coming days and put a feature together on what to get depending on what games you want.

New converter is only $11... I'm sure they're going to sell like MAD once ppl find out how well they work...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YGH3RS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The_trin, did you get your HRAP3? I modded mine out with a Seimitsu stick but found it too sticky for hardcore shooters and will probably go for a Sanwa stick of some sort as soon as I can.

MarkMan said:
I tested a new PS2/PS3 converter by a Chinese company called REAL. It is the REAL deal... Up there with the Pelican PS2/PS3 converter. It is pretty much identical in every aspect. It is the BEST converter out there for you fighting game freaks. It is not the best for Music lovers tho, that honor goes to the TAC one. I'll be doing a big reviewathon on PS2/PS3 converters in the coming days and put a feature together on what to get depending on what games you want.

New converter is only $11... I'm sure they're going to sell like MAD once ppl find out how well they work...

Fantastic news, just ordered and look forward to trying it out. SRK seems to be in its favour as well.

thetrin

adversesolutions said:
The_trin, did you get your HRAP3? I modded mine out with a Seimitsu stick but found it too sticky for hardcore shooters and will probably go for a Sanwa stick of some sort as soon as I can.

To tell the truth, on sunday after we went to the arcade, I went straight home. I hadn't been home since saturday morning, and was really tired. I might head over to den den town this weekend and see what I can find.

Ramune

MarkMan said:

Cripes man! They're all sold out! (TT_TT)

thetrin

As I said I would do last weekend (but didn't), I'm going to go looking for a HRAP3 this weekend. I should have some time to hit up the stores, so wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom