• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

_dementia said:
or you could save even more money and stick to the standard controller

:lol Of course, but I want to make the gameplay a little more interesting. I have a solid collection of titles that would play well with an arcade stick, so why not?

Culinary

I've been playing SSF4 for awhile and want to get a stick pretty soon. Should I go with the Tournament Edition or the Tournament Edition S? Is there any significant difference in the parts?

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Culinary said:
I've been playing SSF4 for awhile and want to get a stick pretty soon. Should I go with the Tournament Edition or the Tournament Edition S? Is there any significant difference in the parts?
Joystick lever and buttons are same arcade-quality parts (Sanwa JLF and OBSFs) in both the TE and TE S. A few differences in the case and internals though -

TE: partial panel artwork w/ bezel, larger sides, lock switch only keeps home/guide from activating
TE S: full-panel artwork, slightly slimmer sides, and new PCB where the lock switch keeps start, select/back, and home/guide from activating

Can't go wrong with either - IMO, you'll be fine just buying the one that you can get for cheaper.

ACE 1991 said:
So how fast is lizard lick's shipping? Ordered my Sanwa parts yesterday and I'm curious around when I can expect them.

In my experience very, very fast. I'll typically order something on a Monday (non-holiday Monday) and get the parts on Wednesday. The only time there was ever an issue was back when SFIV came out last year and every single store that sells parts was backlogged for months because of demand.

ACE 1991

hikarutilmitt said:
In my experience very, very fast. I'll typically order something on a Monday (non-holiday Monday) and get the parts on Wednesday. The only time there was ever an issue was back when SFIV came out last year and every single store that sells parts was backlogged for months because of demand.

Great! :D

Culinary

ExMachina said:
Joystick lever and buttons are same arcade-quality parts (Sanwa JLF and OBSFs) in both the TE and TE S. A few differences in the case and internals though -

TE: partial panel artwork w/ bezel, larger sides, lock switch only keeps home/guide from activating
TE S: full-panel artwork, slightly slimmer sides, and new PCB where the lock switch keeps start, select/back, and home/guide from activating

Can't go wrong with either - IMO, you'll be fine just buying the one that you can get for cheaper.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've heard that the TE S can be harder to mod, is the difference anything significant?

Culinary said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I've heard that the TE S can be harder to mod, is the difference anything significant?

I don't like the TE-S. Plexi top hella scratched up my wrists when I tried playing on my friend's. Just doesn't feel/look right with the sides removed also. Just get a cheap TE or Round 2 TE. Much better deal. If you get a TE-S I'd order a new plexi top from Art Hong.

And no, I don't think the TE-S is any harder to mod.

Can anyone recommend a gamecube stick that works on the Wii? Me and a friend tried to play Tat vs. Cap with his arcade stick but the Wii didn't even recognize it as a controller. Neither of us want to buy the Hori/Madcatz one for the time being.

I have a TE-S stick for PS3 that I'm interested in getting rid of. I loved the first one I bought so much I got another one for my friends to use, all of my friends hate it though so it's just gathering dust. A maximum of 20 rounds have been played on it and is practically new. I have the original box and the box and packageing madcatz shipped it to me in. Post or PM if you are interested.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Antdogg355 said:
Can anyone recommend a gamecube stick that works on the Wii? Me and a friend tried to play Tat vs. Cap with his arcade stick but the Wii didn't even recognize it as a controller. Neither of us want to buy the Hori/Madcatz one for the time being.

SCII stick. But since it's so rare it would actually cost you more than the TVC stick and that is better by far.

h3ro

MarkMan, I ordered a Round 2 stick during the promotion and it just shipped, however the price in the order still has the shipping charge on it.

Any idea when that will be changed or whether it's already been changed, but not changed on the website summary?

Really excited to get the stick though. :D

Kadey said:
SCII stick. But since it's so rare it would actually cost you more than the TVC stick and that is better by far.

Hmm I had no idea that one cost so much...thanks for the heads up though. Maybe I will look into a TVC one later down the line.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
In case anyone cares:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=69024&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1433403&highlight=

Mad Catz Signs Agreement with Major League Gaming to Collaborate on Premium Controllers and Fight Sticks for Professional Competitors and Gaming Enthusiasts

SAN DIEGO, Jun 02, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (NYSEAmex/TSX: MCZ), a leading third-party interactive entertainment accessory provider, announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Major League Gaming Inc. to develop MLG-branded PC and videogame controllers and fight sticks for the professional and high-end consumer gaming markets ("MLG Products"). The multi-year deal gives Mad Catz an exclusive global license to use MLG's marks in connection with MLG Products developed pursuant to the agreement. In addition, Mad Catz will become a sponsor of MLG Pro Circuit Competitions.

"Both professionally and as gaming enthusiasts ourselves, we have tremendous respect for MLG and its talented competitors," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. "This new affiliation provides us the opportunity to work in close collaboration with the world's best gamers and is a further example of Mad Catz' commitment and capabilities to develop and globally distribute accessories which provide an unsurpassed gaming experience to professional competitors and hard-core gamers."

"As one of the world's leading gaming accessories companies, Mad Catz is the ideal partner for MLG as we look to take our gameplay to an even higher level," said Sundance DiGiovanni, co-founder and interim CEO of Major League Gaming. "Our competitors demand the highest quality accessories available, and that's why we chose to work with Mad Catz. Their commitment to excellence is unsurpassed, and we can't wait for our competitors and fans to have a chance to play with the upcoming line of Mad Catz MLG Products."

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Antdogg355 said:

Kadey offered a good solution with the Soul Calibur II Hori stick. There is also a generic non-game licensed Hori (identical to the SCII stick).

I would also suggest a JOYCUBE converter from Mayflash. It's good stuff, just need a good PS1 or PS2 arcade stick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Look what came in the mail :)

4663349521_8d085a0e05_b.jpg

Toshin said:
I just got a stick from them, communications were pretty quick and painless, I should have it soon I'll let you know if you want how it all works out, but so far so good.

Haven't checked this thread in a while, thanks for the heads up man!

Terrordactyl said:
I have a TE-S stick for PS3 that I'm interested in getting rid of. I loved the first one I bought so much I got another one for my friends to use, all of my friends hate it though so it's just gathering dust. A maximum of 20 rounds have been played on it and is practically new. I have the original box and the box and packageing madcatz shipped it to me in. Post or PM if you are interested.

PM'd

Threi

notag
got it done :D

ghettostick leveled up again, it's the stick equivalent of a ricer '93 Civic now :lol

suffered a pretty nasty scratch from trying to drill it (between X and B) but it's all good.

h3ro

h3ro said:
MarkMan, I ordered a Round 2 stick during the promotion and it just shipped, however the price in the order still has the shipping charge on it.

Any idea when that will be changed or whether it's already been changed, but not changed on the website summary?

Really excited to get the stick though. :D

MM?

Should I message Customer Support about the shipping charge since I ordered before the offer got put up?

MaKooin

Neo Member
I'm new around this way and was wondering if there is a sales section on this site. Real life is getting in the way of games and I'm going to have to sell my stick. It has a Datel PCB (compatible with 360/PS3, controlled by a switch), full Sanwa (OBSFs and JLF-TY-8P), a Dreamcast Agetec shell (because it's sturdy as all hell and very well made). I'm based in the UK so my options for selling this thing are slim. I've only had it for a couple of months and I'm sad to see it go. I figured this would be a good place to advertise it because you guys clearly love your sticks. :D

Pics:

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01342.jpg

MoxManiac

I have an even stranger issue, my stick (supposedly) shipped 5/28 but I still don't see a charge in my account for it. Is it supposed to take this long?

Hunahan

Banned
Modded S-edition. Never been a fan of anime art and stuff on a stick. I like the simple and clean look:

1621bbn.jpg

Also has a circle gate on a JLF. heh.

Giolon

I placed my first ever order with Lizard Lick earlier in the week. Unfortunately it was half wrong. I ordered 1 White Sanwa Balltop, 2 White OBSF-30 buttons, and 4 Black OBSF-30 buttons. What I received were 2 Black/White buttons and the 4 black buttons - no ball top. I double checked my Paypal receipt to see if I ordered the wrong things by mistake, but nope it clearly says White and not Black/White as they are listed on the site.

Based on everybody's experiences with these guys, I am fairly confident that this will get resolved in an acceptable manner (already e-mailed them), but I'll let you guys know how things turn out.

Previously I had ordered from arcadespareparts.com in Hong Kong, and never had any problems.

I didn't even know this thread existed and since Markman is ignoring me I hope someone can help me here. Is there any difference between the marvel vs. capcom 2 sticks and the tournament editions of the SF4 sticks? Or are they the say build wise but just have different graphics on them? I want the MVC2 one but I just wanted to make sure the build quality was good like the street fighter one is. Thanks.

Giolon

The MvC stick has a slightly different button layout (at least on the 360)

The SF4 sticks go like this:
X Y RB LB
A B RT LT

But the MvC sticks go like this:

X Y LB LT
A B RB RT

Big deal? Not really, but it's a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom