• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:
The lockswitch on the SSFIV versions lock out Start and Select too as well as Home/Guide. On the older ones, the lockswitch only disables Home/Guide. Other than that the differences are just aesthetic and minor form factor alterations.

The BlazBlue ones also lock start & back/select. Just a heads up :)

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
MarkMan said:
The BlazBlue ones also lock start & back/select. Just a heads up :)
So it's original TE form factor but with the TE S's PCB? Neato, too bad I'm never getting my hands on one of those... :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ExMachina said:
So it's original TE form factor but with the TE S's PCB? Neato, too bad I'm never getting my hands on one of those... :(

Yes and no, the PCB is diff still between the both of them.

Yes Boss! said:
Will an LS-32 fit into a VLX?

And, what is that little medal peice with two circles inside the body? For back-up buttons?

Yes an LS-32 will fit.

And yes on the second part too. Welcome back.

darkjedi187 said:
Is it usual for Lizardlick to not respond to and order placed. After placing an order the other day I got no confirmation or anything. I then sent them an email, also no response.

Anyone? Do they usually take a couple days?

Nabs

darkjedi187 said:
Anyone? Do they usually take a couple days?

check your junk mail for something from paypal. lizardlick was fast as hell when i ordered my buttons. (ordered friday night, received monday morning)

you could try giving them a call as well

vg260

Question for Markman:

I noticed that on the upcoming Chun-Li S stick, it uses the original style bezel rather than a full panel. I also noticed that MadCatz sells bezels now.

Does that mean it's possible to switch out the full panel on the Ryu/Ken S sticks and replace it with a bezel? If so, what about the plastic cover for the inner bezel portion? Are you going to offer this so that could be done?

Are all the upcoming S sticks going to a bezel rather than full panel now?

Thanks.

Yes Boss!

Anybody have a good idea on what button color scheme to use on a Deathsmiles II stick? Something other than purple skeletons? Open to any idea that might class it up a bit...

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I bought a Madcatz SE a couple weeks ago. Holy cow, what a piece of shit. The buttons started giving me problems the first day I got it and the stick didn't register the up-left direction :lol

It was a good thing I was planning to mod it anyway. I ordered the Sanwa parts from LizardLick, completed the mod and now I'm doing great.

but seriously, I couldn't believe how shitty the stock parts were on this stick. My Hori EX2 has taken my scrubby button mashing abuse for more than a year now and it's still going.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2&2 said:
Question for Markman:

I noticed that on the upcoming Chun-Li S stick, it uses the original style bezel rather than a full panel. I also noticed that MadCatz sells bezels now.

Does that mean it's possible to switch out the full panel on the Ryu/Ken S sticks and replace it with a bezel? If so, what about the plastic cover for the inner bezel portion? Are you going to offer this so that could be done?

Are all the upcoming S sticks going to a bezel rather than full panel now?

Thanks.

Yes you can use a bezel on the TE "S" ... Only caveat is you'd have to use artwork (that fits) and either get custom plexi done (http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/) or print out your own artwork.

I'm not sure what you're talking about for plastic cover on inner bezel portion? Do you mean the artwork?

The Chun-Li one is the only stick to have the S style + bezel. No other plans at this time.

vg260

MarkMan said:
Yes you can use a bezel on the TE "S" ... Only caveat is you'd have to use artwork (that fits) and either get custom plexi done (http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/) or print out your own artwork.

I'm not sure what you're talking about for plastic cover on inner bezel portion? Do you mean the artwork?

Cool. Thanks. Yea, I meant the plexi that goes over the artwork inside the bezel. I guess I can always get a custom one from that link then if I decide to do this.

T-Matt

Yes Boss! said:
Anybody have a good idea on what button color scheme to use on a Deathsmiles II stick? Something other than purple skeletons? Open to any idea that might class it up a bit...
I won't claim it's a good idea but what about the deep pink with black plunger seimitsu they have at akihabarashop?

Yes Boss!

T-Matt said:
I won't claim it's a good idea but what about the deep pink with black plunger seimitsu they have at akihabarashop?

Not a bad idea! I'll try it. Did not know of the new colors. I think they will match the little girl's dress.

deppink.jpg

8ee25812.jpg

notworksafe

Cerrius said:
I bought a Madcatz SE a couple weeks ago. Holy cow, what a piece of shit. The buttons started giving me problems the first day I got it and the stick didn't register the up-left direction :lol

It was a good thing I was planning to mod it anyway. I ordered the Sanwa parts from LizardLick, completed the mod and now I'm doing great.

but seriously, I couldn't believe how shitty the stock parts were on this stick. My Hori EX2 has taken my scrubby button mashing abuse for more than a year now and it's still going.
I switched out the gate on mine and swapped in a bat top for the stick and now I'm golden. Buttons have yet to give me any trouble, though.

rise888

Got my custom stick from Godspu

4845377986_dfeecd3103.jpg

4844759765_ca04dfa553.jpg

The details:
+White base paint with pink pearl flake
+Dual console (Xbox360/PS3) – Madcatz SE PCB, Toodles Chimp Board
+Sanwa JLF stick
+Seimitsu PS-14-G-N buttons
+LED lit buttons and case
+Xbox microphone jack
+Seimitsu bubble top
+Anondized aluminum shaft cover
+Removable cord

4833206623_56084573cb.jpg

4833816760_772b31d4cd.jpg

More details here

The entire stick looks phenomenal, but I'm more impressed with the cable management than anything else. Even my best efforts still look like a rat's nest compared to that. :lol

vulva

rise888 said:
Got my custom stick from Godspu

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/4845377986_dfeecd3103.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/4844759765_ca04dfa553.jpg/IMG]

The details:
+White base paint with pink pearl flake
+Dual console (Xbox360/PS3) – Madcatz SE PCB, Toodles Chimp Board
+Sanwa JLF stick
+Seimitsu PS-14-G-N buttons
+LED lit buttons and case
+Xbox microphone jack
+Seimitsu bubble top
+Anondized aluminum shaft cover
+Removable cord

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/4833206623_56084573cb.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4086/4833816760_772b31d4cd.jpg[IMG]

More details [URL="http://www.saltywet.net/2010/07/31/my-custom-godspu-joystick/"]here[/URL][/QUOTE]
how much does that bad mothertrucker run? I'd gladly invest in something badass like that

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Any known sales coming up for any version of the TE stick for 360? A cousin of mine wants a TE bad but I guess is trying to find the best deal. He's come to me for help and now, I'm coming to you GAF. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
MarkMan said:
If it's 3 AM.

You're drunk

And you're NOT kadey.

Please do not come at me like this...

http://sdtekken.com/sdt/markman/lol/

So, lessons to learn:

-You sold out because you got a job in the industry

-Since you got that job, if you cant influence decisions worth millions of dollars to please 20 people, you're that much more of a sellout

-Since you talk to the people that make Tekken, they should implement features people that know you from the internet want

NeoGIF

So, how is the hassle at airports with the sticks? I'll be taking mine on a trip for a few weeks and would like to know.

Does it have to be out and placed in a bin similar to consoles and laptops?

purg3

slept with Malkin
entrement said:
Those Hori VLX sticks are so tempting. Must resist.

yeah, if I didn't already own a couple 360 sticks, I would have already bought one. $300 is steep, but it's so nice. I'll probably end up breaking down and buying one eventually.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Tashi0106 said:
Any known sales coming up for any version of the TE stick for 360? A cousin of mine wants a TE bad but I guess is trying to find the best deal. He's come to me for help and now, I'm coming to you GAF. Any insight would be great. Thanks.

I will have one this week to coincide with Super Battle Opera (Tougeki) Qualifiers in Northern California...

---

Raging Spaniard said:
So, lessons to learn:

-You sold out because you got a job in the industry

-Since you got that job, if you cant influence decisions worth millions of dollars to please 20 people, you're that much more of a sellout

-Since you talk to the people that make Tekken, they should implement features people that know you from the internet want

Yes, noted. :(

I sucks.

khayri1

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the Real Arcade Pro: EX Premium VLX can be dual-modded? I just bought one and it will be here tomorrow. Thanks

vulva

NeoGIF said:
So, how is the hassle at airports with the sticks? I'll be taking mine on a trip for a few weeks and would like to know.

Does it have to be out and placed in a bin similar to consoles and laptops?
pretty simple. Take it out of your carry on, put it in a bin, have the security people ask about it and see that it's not because it's a security risk that they're asking but because they think it's really cool. Move on

NeoGIF

Happy Phantom said:
pretty simple. Take it out of your carry on, put it in a bin, have the security people ask about it and see that it's not because it's a security risk that they're asking but because they think it's really cool. Move on

Cool. Thanks.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MarkMan said:
I will have one this week to coincide with Super Battle Opera (Tougeki) Qualifiers in Northern California...

---

Yes, noted. :(

I sucks.
A promo code? Great, I'll let him know. Thanks!

My VSHG is beat-up pretty badly, I'm going to need a new stick. Anyone can point me to some good custom case makers that has that SEGA button layout? Not a fan of the Viewflex layout.

how is it that we have an option for a $300 vewlix god stick at retail and there's still not one wireless 360 stick on the market with QDs or sanwa/etc.? this has something to do with markman selling out, doesn't it?

Mircrosoft doesn't license their proprietary wireless for cheap. It probably isn't worth the investment, especially since those interested in a high-end arcade stick would not be interested in wireless anyway.

_dementia said:
Old-school HRAPs have the Sega layout.

If you're considering customs and DIY options check out Voltech's VSHG themed sticks.

Or repair your existing one. What's wrong with it?
Don't like HORI's cases. My High Grade works fine. Is the case thats banged up pretty bad. Traveling took a toll on my baby.

-EDIT-

Holy shit! That link is awesome! Thanks bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom