• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Matt

vocab said:
How far would just a PS3 take me? I mean if I provided it someone who could do the service. Can you mod it for all the systems?
The multi console cthulhu will allow ps3/pc/gamecube/ps2 but you would need an additional 360 pcb.

gokieks

vocab said:
Which is hilarious because no high end computer will ever have such a chipset. You need like a stock ass manufacture laptop for your stick to work.

VIA for add-in cards. The actual requirement is UHCI support, which means Intel chipsets work as well, and are fairly common on high-end computers.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I just got my first TE stick! With a keychain!! Soooo sexy, must start training! I'll see y'all at EVO next year.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
These aluminum bat tops are the business. The weight is perfect! Bought two already.

lolmark

I'm thinking about getting the Hori Real Arcade Pro. 3 Premium VLX for the PS3. Does anyone know if I'll be able to dual-mod this sucker with a CHimp board?

I bought a CHimp during EVO and would love to use it.

BotoxAgent said:
anyone got pics of the new Chun Li stick I keep hearing about? I missed it during the stream.
j5e6h0.jpg

gokieks

vocab said:
Ya. I have a Intel Chipset. :(

Up through the X58, all Intel chipsets featured separate a southbridge (ICH10, ICH9, etc), which all included UHCI support. The P55/H55/H57/Q57 though no longer does, and have all of it integrated within the chipset, and apparently dropped UHCI (which is a good thing, because it was a standard that nobody except Intel and VIA used despite being called "Universal").

The engineer at MadCatz who made the PS3 TE only work with UHCI still needs to be put in a corner cubicle though.

gokieks said:
The engineer at MadCatz who made the PS3 TE only work with UHCI still needs to be put in a corner cubicle though.

You know this could be the fault of sony for using shitty usb contoller software/hardware in the PS3 system itself, causing MC to do what they could to get it to work. The 360 stick works fine in a PC/Mac.

gokieks

blizzardjesus said:
You know this could be the fault of sony for using shitty usb contoller software/hardware in the PS3 system itself, causing MC to do what they could to get it to work. The 360 stick works fine in a PC/Mac.

Uh, no. The PS3 uses EHCI+OHCI USB host controllers that's the standard for everyone except Intel/VIA. The problem is on the PC side and the device driver that the USB device loads when it's probed for auto-detection and auto-configuration. Given that every other PS3 controller, including MadCatz's own FightPads, works fine on PCs with OHCI+EHCI USB controllers, the problem is quite obviously with MadCatz's design of the PS3 FightStick specifically.

gokieks said:
Uh, no. The PS3 uses EHCI+OHCI USB host controllers that's the standard for everyone except Intel/VIA. The problem is on the PC side and the device driver that the USB device loads when it's probed for auto-detection and auto-configuration. Given that every other PS3 controller, including MadCatz's own FightPads, works fine on PCs with OHCI+EHCI USB controllers, the problem is quite obviously with MadCatz's design of the PS3 FightStick specifically.
I like to know this as well. Explain yo self! MarkMan! The people demand an answer! Off-topic-If VF5FS comes out, I hope Madcatz gets the rights for the sticks, I need that SEGA arch for my buttons. Viewflex layout blows.

I use my TE stick more for Turtles in Time and MVC 2 since I suck at Street Fighter 4, I'm shocked at how much cheaper they are now :lol I got one at launch for 200 Canadian

TMNT with a TE stick is soooo good though

El Sloth

Banned
I bit the bullet and ordered the TE stick a while back using MarkMan's promo codes. It just came in, and it's soooooooo damn sexy. Plan on using it for Blazblue, MvC2, and hopefully it improves my shit SFIV play.

I'm a complete noob to sticks, but I plan on eventually putting that multi console-cthulhu in it so I can use it on my Wii too.

So, what's the deal with that new Chun stick? Just a TE-S with a different plastic casing?

I was hoping for a Hori-VLX like madcatz stick. O wells.

Awesome thread all.

I had one question, the round 2 TE stick looks to be real nice, all good parts but will the PS3 version work on a PC?
I suppose if not I could always buy an IPAC or something similar and wire that in somehow.

Thanks!
*Edit wow, I really should have looked a few posts up. Same question has been presented. Once it's more clear I hope to purchase one of these soon.

Nose Master

Few questions:

1. What type of stock / lamination / whatever do you guys use for your custom art? I'm gonna have to run it down to Kinko's for the size I'm sure, but, stock type etc?

2. The stick I bought is pre-modded. Which, while nice, comes with drawbacks. The kid was sick of the ball top coming loose, so he super glued it on. :lol Any recommendations on dealing with this besides buying a new stick? It's a MvC2 stick, btw.

DEAR CANADIANS

AMAZON.CA HAS TE ROUND 2'S SHIPPED FROM AMAZON

If you are desperately wanting a stick and you have 200 bucks burning a hole in your pocket, they are available. Personally I grabed the TE S from the buy/sell thread for 100, but hey, if this is the only way you get it, thats all there is to it

milkham

Nose Master said:
Few questions:

1. What type of stock / lamination / whatever do you guys use for your custom art? I'm gonna have to run it down to Kinko's for the size I'm sure, but, stock type etc?

2. The stick I bought is pre-modded. Which, while nice, comes with drawbacks. The kid was sick of the ball top coming loose, so he super glued it on. :lol Any recommendations on dealing with this besides buying a new stick? It's a MvC2 stick, btw.

i think you can buy a new shaft from lizardlick, they sell balltops too.

Nose Master

Didn't realize you could just slide the shaft out without removing the ball top. God, every time I talk about arcade sticks I feel like I'm writing a romance novel :lol

Anyways, slapped some new art on it:

2ypna5h.jpg

Turned out a little more red than I expected, but, meh. Gonna obviously get new buttons and such. Not sure about the colors, though. Right now I'm leaning towards a white mesh top and white opaque buttons? Might go pink, but, I dunno.

PS: Camera is broke, sorry about the quality

A quick question to those that have attempted a solderless method with the SFIV TE and a cthulhu board. The buttons should be no problem to wire up, but what about connecting the directions of the joystick itself. Are the directions labeled on the strands of the ribbon cable, or is there a pinout that exists showing what pin connects to the corresponding direction?

Thanks.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
All done.

Stick_2.jpg
Stick_1.jpg

Notice the missing screw. I have it, but the nut is missing. Anyone know where to get a replacement?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
7/20-7/28 - Mad Catz COMIC-CON SALE! - $100 Round 2, 20-30% OFF, shirts, parts + MORE

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM JULY 20 - JULY 28, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

These promos expire end of day July 27th!

---

Mad Catz will be at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010 this week! If you are planning to attend largest North American event of the popular arts, be sure to swing by our floor sales booth on Aisle 5139 or our tournament game room at 17AB.

---

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!

Mad Catz - Comic-Con Promotion
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community <3 !

There will be another special Mad Catz Store ( GameShark Store ) promotion going on this week/weekend!

I'm happy to be hanging out in my hometown of San Diego for this weekend's Comic-Con International event! I'll be plugging this website promo and showing off some new products!

Level|Up and EVOLUTION Championship Series will be on hand to help run the 9th Annual SDTEKKEN Gaming room (17AB)! Watch our live stream, or better yet, go to Comic-Con and enter one of our tournaments for Super Street Fighter IV, TEKKEN 6 and BlazBlue Continuum Shift!

For those of you interested in the goods...

Once again we will be doing 20-30% off certain products!

The 20%* OFF Super Street Fighter IV includes the following... CODE = SUPERSDCC

SS44738_WHITE.jpg
SS48838_BLACK.jpg

88280_RYU.jpg
47280_JURI.jpg

[/CENTER]

The 30%* OFF** product list includes the following... CODE = COMICCON

TVC5718.jpg
MV2-4738.jpg

4738.gif
4718.gif
4728-guile.jpg

• Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Arcade FightStick for Wii
  • MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (Standard Edition) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV FightPad (Round 1) for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
  • Street Fighter IV "Round 2" FightPad for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

The $50* OFF** & INCLUDES FREE GROUND SHIPPING! ... CODE = ROUND2
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

• Street Fighter IV "Round 2" Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition for PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE our NEW range of Mad Catz FightStick Parts. Currently we have dust cover sets (with the arrowed design) and bezels for the Tournament Edition sticks. With MORE to come!

stick_shaft_dust_cyan.jpg
stick_bezel_lightpurple.jpg

• FightStick Parts - Dust Cover Set (13 different colors)
  • FightStick Parts - Bezel (13 different colors)
  • Sanwa JLF Joystick (Pre-Order)
  • Sanwa OBSF-30 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
  • Sanwa OBSF-24 Pushbuttons (Pre-Order)
Here are some shots of what the parts look like on a stick...

26584_328774448882_507353882_3611114_1721972_n.jpg

37290_402649548882_507353882_4431258_7427095_n.jpg

Also NEW to our web store is the LIMITED EDITION shirt inspired by legendary fighting game player, Daigo "THE BEAST" Umehara...

TShirt-TeamMad.jpg

• Team Mad Catz T-Shirt (Available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
For a shirt size chart, please reference this link.

Also new is our special 20% deal on our TRITTON line of gaming headsets! CODE = TRITTONCC
TRIAX180.jpg
TRIAX720.jpg
TRIGA611.jpg

• TRITTON AX180
  • TRITTON AX720
  • TRITTON AXPro

* Offer available to continental US residents only (Sorry International buyers! Plan ahead and see if a US buddy can help you with this deal)!
** Deal not valid for Super Street Fighter IV Products

THIS DEAL IS LIVE NOW!!!

_dementia said:
You didn't look hard enough. Research toodles' multicthulu.

Thank you! I looked up that and now things make ALOT more sense. I was completely dumbfounded by the word cthulu it seems. So I need to buy a MC cthulu, pop that into my PS3 SF4 TE stick, buy or salvage a gamecube cable and solder 3 wires.

Wow. This sounds so easy! I have two PS3 TE sticks so I'm def gonna do this to one of them :D

I have the TvC stick for the wii but it's wireless and it sucks SO much. I might change out the buttons for higher quality parts since I also read they made it extremely easy to do in that stick. But I also want to use my PS3 stick on my PC without getting a usb via chipset thing. And I just don't want to use something wireless.

This is awesome.

And Flek thank you aswell I looked up dual strike but I'm going to go with the MC cthulu since I'm completely understanding the tutorials.

Wallach

Hey MarkMan, what are the differences between the SF4 and SSF4 FightPads? Anything hardware or is it just the art?

Edit - Just as a heads up, your GameShark Store link on the Comic-Con promotional site (link) actually redirects to the official Comic-Con site instead of the GameShark Store.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BigBadShamoo, you think the TVC stick sucks?

IMO, the parts/stick in that bad boy are very good vs most other non arcade grade part sticks.

---

No diff between fightpads. Just art.

BigBadShamoo said:
Thank you! I looked up that and now things make ALOT more sense. I was completely dumbfounded by the word cthulu it seems. So I need to buy a MC cthulu, pop that into my PS3 SF4 TE stick, buy or salvage a gamecube cable and solder 3 wires.

Wow. This sounds so easy! I have two PS3 TE sticks so I'm def gonna do this to one of them :D

I might suggest setting up the port to use an RJ45 jack so you don't have to solder multiple times if, for some reason, you want to add other systems like PS1/PS2, Xbox1, SNES, NES, Saturn or whatever. It also lets you make a disconnectable cable. You'd just need to plug in the usb or gc cable whenever you're using either and it'll just work.

Dynamic3

MarkMan said:

IMO, the parts/stick in that bad boy are very good vs most other non arcade grade part sticks.

---

No diff between fightpads. Just art.

Are there any blue keychain sticks left?

Mœbius

Does anyone know where I can buy a new TE "S" in Taiwan or from an Asian online store (Play-Asia is sold out)?

Online stores outside of Asia are not really an option: even those that do ship internationally charge more than I can reasonably afford.

71qmI.jpg

Neato. I'm not the biggest fan of animu tits on arcade sticks, but I do like how the user swapped the Vewlix layout for the classic Sega city one.

MarkMan said:

Maybe I just got a faulty one then =/ It only took like around 150 matches of TvC play before the stick started acting weird. Like weird as in, just moving the joystick would make me attack, and sometimes the fierce button on the top row would just stop responding and then I'd have to switch to the fierce button next to the Partner button. I kinda figured out a fix for it tho, whenever it does that I would press start, and configure buttons. Disconnect the stick from the wiimote, then plug it back in. And it'd work fine again. I have no idea what's going on. I think during play maybe it's reverting back to simple mode controls, like if i was playing with only a wiimote(lol). It's confusing tho I need to open it up and see if a button is stuck or something. I can't stand just trying to block and I somehow kick and I'm left crotch first into my opponents super.

hikarutilmitt said:
I might suggest setting up the port to use an RJ45 jack so you don't have to solder multiple times if, for some reason, you want to add other systems like PS1/PS2, Xbox1, SNES, NES, Saturn or whatever. It also lets you make a disconnectable cable. You'd just need to plug in the usb or gc cable whenever you're using either and it'll just work.

Yes I wondering what would a RJ45 port do on an arcade stick, and your post clears that up lol. I might try this solely for having the disconnect cable.

SnakeEyez

Noob question, which I'm sure has been covered but going through 265 pages is insane. So I have a PS3 TE stick and I want to dual mod it so it works on my 360, how would I go about doing this. I remember reading that while it is easy to dual mod a 360 TE stick to work on a PS3, the other way around is very difficult. Is it possible at all? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom