• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxManiac

Jun 8, 2004
Patrick Roy said:
Markman, is there any way those keychains can be bought? I want!
Markman is mean. When I ordered a TE from the madcatz store I did not receive a keychain.

Markman, why are you so mean?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Aug 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
markman23.com
MoxManiac said:
Markman is mean. When I ordered a TE from the madcatz store I did not receive a keychain.

Markman, why are you so mean?
You should have called in with your order info so we could have gotten you a keychain.

Also, these keychains will never be for sale.

h3ro

Aug 15, 2007
NY
MarkMan said:
well, ill be doing another online sale where using codes = gets you a free keychain.
No keychain promotion during the Round2 TE Sale from last month... :(

Mr Jared

Sep 19, 2005

For the record, plexiglass sucks. I cracked it setting one of the buttons in and I was being about as delicate as I could possibly be. Maybe I'll replace it down the line, but for now, this is my EVO stick.

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
Mr Jared said:

For the record, plexiglass sucks. I cracked it setting one of the buttons in and I was being about as delicate as I could possibly be. Maybe I'll replace it down the line, but for now, this is my EVO stick.
that's the best gaga stick i've seen in this thread!
nice work, is that original art?

you're going to evo even after your women's tourney rant :(

Mr Jared

Sep 19, 2005
_dementia said:
you're going to evo even after your women's tourney rant :(
At the end of the blog I said that I was still going to EVO no matter what, I just thought the girl tourney was a horrible idea and I still believe it is. I actually think its an even worse idea than when I originally wrote that entry all things considered, but I'll still be there for it because I need to see if all my predictions come true ;o

MattyH said:
that stick looks pretty good
shame about the plexi cracking though
I had no idea it was so fragile. I think a cover made out of kleenex would have been preferable ;o

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
Mr Jared said:
At the end of the blog I said that I was still going to EVO no matter what, I just thought the girl tourney was a horrible idea and I still believe it is. I actually think its an even worse idea than when I originally wrote that entry all things considered, but I'll still be there for it because I need to see if all my predictions come true ;o
delicious schadenfreude

i sent you a PM, pls respond if you have the chance

mannerbot

Feb 13, 2007
Mr Jared said:
Did you sand down the tabs beforehand?

NinjaKixx

Banned
Nov 19, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I just bought the SF4 TE Stick and it seems pretty cool. I have never reallyused an arcade stick before. I seem to be having a lot of trouble pulling off moves that I can do fine on a controller though, Guess I'll just have to practice more....How long does it typically take to get used to these things?

ohhthegore

Jan 11, 2009
NinjaKixx said:
I just bought the SF4 TE Stick and it seems pretty cool. I have never reallyused an arcade stick before. I seem to be having a lot of trouble pulling off moves that I can do fine on a controller though, Guess I'll just have to practice more....How long does it typically take to get used to these things?
its been about 3 months for me and now its like second nature

vulva

Feb 8, 2009
NinjaKixx said:
whatever you do, don't get discouraged from using it. It'll take a long time, and for the first few weeks, month even, you'll be maybe about as good with a stick as you were on a bad day with a controller. Then it'll start to increased if you keep at it. Just don't be afraid to spend a lot of time in training mode to get used to it as well.

ohhthegore

Jan 11, 2009
MarshMellow96 said:
Just purchased a Wii this week. How is the TvC stick? Is it just a Wii SE?
its quite awesome and seems to be going for a reasonable price on amazon last time i checked

gokieks

Dec 6, 2008
I really like having the customization options, especially for the bezel, but $15 for that seems a little ridiculous compared to the prices of an entire stick.

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
gokieks said:
I really like having the customization options, especially for the bezel, but $15 for that seems a little ridiculous compared to the prices of an entire stick.
you could always paint or dye your existing one instead

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
What are the chances of a 10% discount being put out for Evo? Has MarkMan announced one yet? (or will you? :D)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Aug 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
markman23.com
Alucrid said:
What are the chances of a 10% discount being put out for Evo? Has MarkMan announced one yet? (or will you? :D)
I'm doing 30% off all fighting game stuff except for Super SFIV and the new FightStick parts.

20% off Super SFIV.

It'll be active next week.

Alucrid

Banned
May 30, 2009
MarkMan said:
I'm doing 30% off all fighting game stuff except for Super SFIV and the new FightStick parts.

20% off Super SFIV.

Sounds awesome! That shall be the day that I buy an arcade stick!

droopy

Apr 6, 2009
Canada
Finally done. Beat Mass Effect 2 while waiting for the paint to dry.

Seimitsu LS-33 and snap-ins. The blue looks a little more 'baby' in these pics than it actually is.

gokieks

Dec 6, 2008
_dementia said:
you could always paint or dye your existing one instead
Sure, but $15 is still quite a bit for a very simple piece of plastic. I actually did paint the bezel on my PS3 TE before I sold it... but Krylon Fusion spray paint doesn't stay on very well though and stars rubbing off through normal use, and I eventually removed all of it before selling the stick.

BotoxAgent

Jun 7, 2007
MarkMan said:

20% off Super SFIV.

does the BlazBlue stick count?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Aug 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
markman23.com
I'm about to launch my personal blog site.

I really need to nail down the URL I want to use. Here are some potential ones.

Let me know what you think?

• lolhori.com *
  • tournament-edition.com
  • ladieslovemystick.com
  • markman23.com *
  • sf4sux-goodsticktho.com
  • another-castle.com *

* = leaning towards...

help plz.

hikarutilmitt

Oct 29, 2006
San Antonio, TX
MarkMan said:
I'm about to launch my personal blog site.

I really need to nail down the URL I want to use. Here are some potential ones.

Let me know what you think?

• lolhori.com *
  • tournament-edition.com
  • ladieslovemystick.com
  • markman23.com *
  • sf4sux-goodsticktho.com
  • another-castle.com *

* = leaning towards...

help plz.
I vote MarkMan23.com. It's simpler, more to the point and doesn't flamebait people.:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
Hmm... so after buying the NEOGEO and Arashi stick, I decided to buy

Any good?

knee

Jun 2, 2007
www.drawp.com
Mr Jared said:

What kind of buttons are those?

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
Yoshichan said:
Hmm... so after buying the NEOGEO and Arashi stick, I decided to buy

Any good?
no

it's pretty much the refresh of this:

props to Hori for trying to rip off the VSHG design though

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Aug 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
markman23.com
First ninja-shots of the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition GOLD for EVOLUTION 2010:

Only 24 of these arcade sticks were made. The only chance to get a hold of one of these is by either placing top eight in Super Street Fighter IV at EVO2010, winning the ladies SSFIV event, OR via raffle live at the event or by watching the EVO2K live stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.