• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
MoxManiac said:
Markman is mean. When I ordered a TE from the madcatz store I did not receive a keychain.

Markman, why are you so mean?

You should have called in with your order info so we could have gotten you a keychain.

Also, these keychains will never be for sale.

Jube3

MarkMan said:
You should have called in with your order info so we could have gotten you a keychain.

Also, these keychains will never be for sale.

:( Will this thread turn into the poster thread :lol

Mr Jared

4752931866_7b773733ba.jpg

For the record, plexiglass sucks. I cracked it setting one of the buttons in and I was being about as delicate as I could possibly be. Maybe I'll replace it down the line, but for now, this is my EVO stick.

Mr Jared said:

For the record, plexiglass sucks. I cracked it setting one of the buttons in and I was being about as delicate as I could possibly be. Maybe I'll replace it down the line, but for now, this is my EVO stick.
that's the best gaga stick i've seen in this thread!
nice work, is that original art?

you're going to evo even after your women's tourney rant :(

Mr Jared

_dementia said:
you're going to evo even after your women's tourney rant :(

At the end of the blog I said that I was still going to EVO no matter what, I just thought the girl tourney was a horrible idea and I still believe it is. I actually think its an even worse idea than when I originally wrote that entry all things considered, but I'll still be there for it because I need to see if all my predictions come true ;o

MattyH said:
that stick looks pretty good
shame about the plexi cracking though

I had no idea it was so fragile. I think a cover made out of kleenex would have been preferable ;o

Mr Jared said:
At the end of the blog I said that I was still going to EVO no matter what, I just thought the girl tourney was a horrible idea and I still believe it is. I actually think its an even worse idea than when I originally wrote that entry all things considered, but I'll still be there for it because I need to see if all my predictions come true ;o
delicious schadenfreude

i sent you a PM, pls respond if you have the chance

mannerbot

Mr Jared said:

Did you sand down the tabs beforehand?

NinjaKixx

Banned
I just bought the SF4 TE Stick and it seems pretty cool. I have never reallyused an arcade stick before. I seem to be having a lot of trouble pulling off moves that I can do fine on a controller though, Guess I'll just have to practice more....How long does it typically take to get used to these things?

NinjaKixx said:
I just bought the SF4 TE Stick and it seems pretty cool. I have never reallyused an arcade stick before. I seem to be having a lot of trouble pulling off moves that I can do fine on a controller though, Guess I'll just have to practice more....How long does it typically take to get used to these things?

its been about 3 months for me and now its like second nature

vulva

NinjaKixx said:
whatever you do, don't get discouraged from using it. It'll take a long time, and for the first few weeks, month even, you'll be maybe about as good with a stick as you were on a bad day with a controller. Then it'll start to increased if you keep at it. Just don't be afraid to spend a lot of time in training mode to get used to it as well.

gokieks

I really like having the customization options, especially for the bezel, but $15 for that seems a little ridiculous compared to the prices of an entire stick.

gokieks said:
I really like having the customization options, especially for the bezel, but $15 for that seems a little ridiculous compared to the prices of an entire stick.
you could always paint or dye your existing one instead

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Alucrid said:
What are the chances of a 10% discount being put out for Evo? Has MarkMan announced one yet? (or will you? :D)

I'm doing 30% off all fighting game stuff except for Super SFIV and the new FightStick parts.

20% off Super SFIV.

It'll be active next week.

Alucrid

Banned
MarkMan said:
I'm doing 30% off all fighting game stuff except for Super SFIV and the new FightStick parts.

20% off Super SFIV.

It'll be active next week.

Sounds awesome! That shall be the day that I buy an arcade stick!

droopy

Finally done. Beat Mass Effect 2 while waiting for the paint to dry.

2s9y6td.jpg

24174af.jpg

nxnbc1.jpg

Seimitsu LS-33 and snap-ins. The blue looks a little more 'baby' in these pics than it actually is.

gokieks

_dementia said:
you could always paint or dye your existing one instead

Sure, but $15 is still quite a bit for a very simple piece of plastic. I actually did paint the bezel on my PS3 TE before I sold it... but Krylon Fusion spray paint doesn't stay on very well though and stars rubbing off through normal use, and I eventually removed all of it before selling the stick.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm about to launch my personal blog site.

I really need to nail down the URL I want to use. Here are some potential ones.

Let me know what you think?

• lolhori.com *
  • tournament-edition.com
  • ladieslovemystick.com
  • markman23.com *
  • sf4sux-goodsticktho.com
  • another-castle.com *

* = leaning towards...

help plz.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Looking back on all the arcade stick hoopla that came with SF4.

I read this old write-up I did right when the TE sticks came out...

http://bit.ly/9G3IrE

Good times.

I can't wait til' EVO.

OH yea. Speaking of EVO!

Talk about limited. Sheesh....

4763158459_6c5d667ab6_b.jpg

MarkMan said:
I'm about to launch my personal blog site.

I really need to nail down the URL I want to use. Here are some potential ones.

Let me know what you think?

• lolhori.com *
  • tournament-edition.com
  • ladieslovemystick.com
  • markman23.com *
  • sf4sux-goodsticktho.com
  • another-castle.com *

* = leaning towards...

help plz.

I vote MarkMan23.com. It's simpler, more to the point and doesn't flamebait people.:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm... so after buying the NEOGEO and Arashi stick, I decided to buy

ps3_fighting_stick_v3_01.jpg

Any good?

knee

Mr Jared said:

What kind of buttons are those?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
First ninja-shots of the Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition GOLD for EVOLUTION 2010:

4766543324_fe92a4c414.jpg

4765904663_1b2837f7c2.jpg

4765904875_d93aeb2a07.jpg

4765904451_96ae531cd2.jpg

Only 24 of these arcade sticks were made. The only chance to get a hold of one of these is by either placing top eight in Super Street Fighter IV at EVO2010, winning the ladies SSFIV event, OR via raffle live at the event or by watching the EVO2K live stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom