• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
UC1 said:
The only way to get those working on a PS2 or PS3 is to get a new PCB. There aren't any adapters that can do it...
This is what i am planning to do. I have all the tools and an extra ps2 controller.

MThanded said:
This is what i am planning to do. I have all the tools and an extra ps2 controller.
That's a bit extreme... Why not buy just buy a PS2 stick or build a PS2 one from scratch. The parts in the EX2 aren't that great, and $50+ is a little much to buy what is basically a shell (that you'll have to physically file down and modify if you want Sanwas/Seimitsus to fit) for all intents and purposes.

CPS2

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-49-en-15-hori+real+arcade.html

http://www.akihabarashop.jp/developments/index.php

I think you can get them on Amazon or from ebay stores in the US for cheaper postage also...

Also is there a link to modding for the 360? Which HRAP should i be targetting? I see there are different models.

HRAP1 and 2 are for PS1 and 2. HRAP3 is for PS3 (and BC PS2 games). HRAPEX (if you can find it) is for Xbox360.

Also check the padhacking thread for advice on hooking up a 360 pcb.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Also is there a link to modding for the 360? Which HRAP should i be targetting? I see there are different models.

I'll just re-post what I wrote in the Pickup thread.

Finally got my Saturn USB controllers and they are awesome.

sept08pickup10.JPG

Tried it out on my Triple with SCIV, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and a bunch of PS2 and PS1 games ranging from the SF Alpha compilation, 3rd Strike, SF:EX, and many others. Works like a charm and feels much better than the Dual Shock 3. =D Just remember, you're kinda SOL if you need to use the select button for some reason as nothing is mapped to the select on the Saturn pad. So if you're on the fence and looking for a good fighting game pad for the PC/PS3... this is it.

Yar, I definitely feel more accurate with the Saturn D-pad. And yes, it works on BC PS2/PS1 games. You don't have to worry about pressing a home button or anything as the Triple automatically recognizes the pad (assuming you set your actual PS3 controller to slot 2, 3, etc.) If you want to navigate the home menu, just have your sixaxis/dual shock on another controller slot and go from there. Glad I got them last week. :D

UltiGamer

Question for you guys,

I have a Fighting Stick Wii, I want to get an octagonal gate but I have no soldering skills. Do I need soldering skills to change the gate?

And if I do, how difficult is it to solder for a complete newb?

I figure that if I had to solder I might as well get some Seimetsu buttons and stick as well. Also, does anyone know what seimetsu part numbers for the buttons, stick, and gate I would need for the Wii stick?

Thanks!

Guilty Gear XX AC is a lot of fun with the stick, I just want the new gate to make moves morre consistent. I am hating this 4-way gate....

No soldering necessary if you're only performing the simple gate mod. You'd only have to drill four holes and replace the gate piece.

The Seimitsu buttons you'll want are the 30mm PS-14GN or PS-14-KN.
When I modded my EX2 I didn't bother swapping the stick but the gate I used was the octagonal Sanwa GT-Y

UltiGamer

Cool!! Thanks guys!

When drilling the holes is there anything special I need to look out for?

Is there possibly a guide that anyone can provide a link for or some pictures?

Thanks!

UltiGamer

One more question, is the stock hori stick top a 30mm? And if I want to change the top, does it matter if I get a 35mm top, or do I need to stick with a 30mm, I am thinking of getting a bat top and a spare ball top, to see which I like more.

The bat top I am looking at is the Sanwa LB-30-N, 30mm.

The ball top is the Seimitsu LB-39, 35mm.

Rufus

MarkMan said:
Glad everyone that got the Saturn pads are enjoying them! ;)
I would have never seen the offers on eBay if it weren't for the pick-up thread. Thanks to everyone involved. :D
I loves mah pad. <3

MarkMan said:
Glad everyone that got the Saturn pads are enjoying them! ;)
Most definitely. Thanks for posting that pic on the pickup thread. Now if they would only work on the 360, it would truly be the ultimate.

BigDubs

Unfortunately I'm locked in to making my own custom stick as won't be able to take advantage of this but .......

$99 hori real arcade pro ex at Renchi.com NOW! :D

CPS2

Outstanding. They even put the start/select buttons on the side, like all the custom builders are doing. Definitely picking one of these up. Good stuff MarkMan!

Pads look unweildy but BRA-FUCKIN-VO on the premium sticks. Especially if they're full Sanwa.
My frothing demand for this hardware increases.

manzo

BigDubs said:
Unfortunately I'm locked in to making my own custom stick as won't be able to take advantage of this but .......

$99 hori real arcade pro ex at Renchi.com NOW! :D

AAAAND already sold out. :(

Sanjay

Shin-RoTeNdO said:
Some features were that they were going to be removable faceplates (they (Capcom) showed us pics of them during our vendor session/training in the presentation

Nice, I notice different size's too and are they Sanwa buttons?

Good stuff MarkMan.

Hero

Hot damn those sticks look amazing.

MarkMan, you helped design these, right?

And those pads...hard to say for certain but they look a little too large, but will wait to hold one before I pass judgment. As long as the 360 one has a good d-pad I might get one just for XBLA titles and the such.

Just got myself a HORI stick for my 360, I'm really really loving it.

What sort of easy mods could I do myself? I have a background in soldering and basic electronics.

Anyone know a good site to get me started? I think I want to do a case replacement with some LED changes. Is it possible to take out the ball shaped stick to put in one of the more egg shaped ones.

Sorry, I'm not an arcade stick fanatic just yet, excuse my inability to express what I need. :lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
wow. Madcatzzz redeemed? Those look fucking epic. Looks like my custom stick for SFIV was not needed after all. Any word on the feel of them or the parts used?

*edit*

I didn't know MarkMan worked on them. Very nice.

Nif

Damn, good job MadCatz. Who'd've thunk it?

Hard to see the gamepads, but I might want the gamepad and seriously want the stick. =(
barring terrible reviews

edit: Might deserve its own thread, too. I had to see it at Kotaku. :/

MadCatz!? What? How is this possible!? Please, bring these to Europe they look epic.

Shame about the pads looking so, uhm....chunky? I'll reserve judgement, if the D-pad is upto snuff it pretty much demands a buy regardless of the rest of the design. Plus, 6 face buttons is very tasty indeed.

SlaughterX said:
So any idea of how much the SF4 sticks and pads will cost?

_dementia said:
$69.99 for the standard sticks
$129.99 for the premuim sticks

$39.99 for the pads

Premium sticks *might* be full Sanwa

From the SFIV sticks thread.

Edit: Full Sanwa has been pretty much confirmed now.

QCF Punch

Neo Member
donkey show said:
I'll just re-post what I wrote in the Pickup thread.

Yar, I definitely feel more accurate with the Saturn D-pad. And yes, it works on BC PS2/PS1 games. You don't have to worry about pressing a home button or anything as the Triple automatically recognizes the pad (assuming you set your actual PS3 controller to slot 2, 3, etc.) If you want to navigate the home menu, just have your sixaxis/dual shock on another controller slot and go from there. Glad I got them last week. :D

Are these available for 360?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Pricing is not final.

But Mad Catz is serious now. War has changed.

This project is taken very seriously by myself/MadCatz and Capcom.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Pricing is not final.

But Mad Catz is serious now. War has changed.

This project is taken very seriously by myself/MadCatz and Capcom.

Are those gonna be limited? How easy will it be to order?

8x 3.95 Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm Pushbutton with Vertical Microswitch
2x 2.50 Seimitsu 24mm Black Body with Colored Plunger
24.95 Seimitsu LS-56-01 Ball Handle Joystick, 8 Way
20 for supplies to make housing
----------------------------
82 + shipping base cost for all mods

Free Ps2Dualshock PCB
15-20 ps1/2 to ps3 converter
102 for a full Seimitsu ps 1/2/3 stick custom
maybe some lag

25 cheap 3rd party ps3 controller/used sixaxis
-----------------------------
108 very capable custom seimitsu pc/ps3 stick

hori standard ps3 stick
--------------------------
55-60 depending on shipping
decent stick could be modded in future no time spent

Hrap3/Sfiv madcatz
really good stick no time put in

so these are my options.

CAVE343

MarkMan said:
They will be available in North America and Europe.

Not sure how limited they will be yet.
O yeah, they are coming to pal land! Thanks!

edit: O and I have a question. I have Street Fighter Anniversary Edition Arcade Stick from Nuby. Its seems it has a kind of hardware problem, every half a minute the stick inputs a "up" movement. So in SFIII my character starts to jump by itself which is pretty annoying and kind of gamebreaking. Is this a known problem with sticks and is it fixable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom