• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Manp

As you can see, the screen is just infinitely better in every way. The AGS-101 is by far the best iteration of the gameboy ever and they're relatively rare and expensive to get. I got mine for cheap though and it's al-
IMG_6496.png

Crap.
The PO bedazzled it. I think this is stuck on there with super glue. How am I going to get this off.

can't you just swap the top shell with the other one that won't turn on?

:)

its a awesome machine you going to put something different into it?

I have the astro setup for CPS2 games. This might be a second CPS2 machine for "Vs" games like Xmen vs SF.

I also have an extra neo geo 1 slot PCB so I can play my Neo Geo games in there. Would be great for some Metal slug or Neo Turf Masters.

Yes Boss!

Yep, basically $390 to ship it out, but at least I can stop looking all over for a second candy cab.

I'm picking up a fourth Candy when I move to Maryland later this year/early next year. Yeah, I'll make an effort to find one in the area. But if not, I'll just ship one I buy in CA.

can't you just swap the top shell with the other one that won't turn on?

:)

I considered it but I'm too afraid of screwing up and accidentally breaking the one working AGS-101 that I have.

...which won't be a problem considering that I just bought another one. Oops.

So yeah, I'm gonna try removing them but if it doesn't work out I'll use the parts one and swap it out.

plc268

I considered it but I'm too afraid of screwing up and accidentally breaking the one working AGS-101 that I have.

...which won't be a problem considering that I just bought another one. Oops.

So yeah, I'm gonna try removing them but if it doesn't work out I'll use the parts one and swap it out.

Yea, just order a new case and swap it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4069.m570.l1313&_nkw=gba+sp+shell&_sacat=0

It's a pretty easy process, and there's quite a few videos how to do it.

Also, backlight those DMGs!

where?! how? where!??!

I think the Konami Style online shop.
Probably used a forwarding service, also I'm not sure the one available right now is the same disk or there was an LE.

Nope, was less complicated than that gents.

I just ordered of Amazon Japan and had it shipped to my house. Also the three Snakes is a slipcover, the silver cover with Solid on it is the actual cd booklet.

Amazon JP link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/METAL-GEAR-ANNIVERSARY-MUSIC-COLLECTION/dp/B0085DWGKQ/

Also, if you live in the US and have a Kinokuniya Book Store in your city, they're selling it too (saw 2 copies in SF this past Saturday).

Finally got around to getting some posters framed.

tJ6IR.jpg

]
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that MGS4 poster is a fake. The genuine examples cut off at the top of Ocelot's head. It's still an awesome poster though. Here's a genuine example:

DSC00164.jpg

Again, not that it matters, but in case you bought it thinking that it's the real deal, now you know.

plc268

That's the plan. ;)

Awesome. I just feel obligated to mention that since quite a few people don't realize you can do that nowadays.

I haven't done it yet myself though, but I plan on backlighting and biverting (invert the polarization and invert the signals going to the screen for max contrast) it soon

omgkitty

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that MGS4 poster is a fake. The genuine examples cut off at the top of Ocelot's head. It's still an awesome poster though. Here's a genuine example:

DSC00164.jpg

Again, not that it matters, but in case you bought it thinking that it's the real deal, now you know.

Or maybe his is just framed differently?

I kinda doubt it as I have that poster, though not as big as it was from Famitsu and it has the same colors as MortalMonkey's while the other poster's poster is very dark/washed out. It may be the camera, but the cast seems too small considering the space in the theatrical poster.

the designs are slightly different. easiest way to tell is to look at the size of "METALGEARSOLID4". it's much smaller in the first version.

i don't know how a poster can be "fake". it's a poster, so it's real, it just might not be officially licensed or whatever. personally i prefer the first version with the smaller text treatment. the 2nd example looks like an awkward matting job.

canocha

the designs are slightly different. easiest way to tell is to look at the size of "METALGEARSOLID4". it's much smaller in the first version.

i don't know how a poster can be "fake". it's a poster, so it's real, it just might not be officially licensed or whatever. personally i prefer the first version with the smaller text treatment. the 2nd example looks like an awkward matting job.

One says A Hideo Kojima Game the other doesn't :)

Yeah its a poster and looks nice!
(i never played MGS4 i don't even own a PS3)

DSC00164.jpg

It's actually a hi-res image I had printed through posterburner.com when they were doing 24x36 prints for $10. I had tried to find an original for a few years, but only saw one listed on eBay and they wanted something crazy like $5,000, claiming it was only 1 of 10 from a MGS4 launch event for industry/press only.

What's the size of the original? All the posters in my game/theater room are 24x36 and I generally won't budge unless it's something special.

Izick

Tomorrow, technically.

Cool. I might buy the GoW collection, as the only games in the series I've played were the HDified PSP games on the PS3, and really enjoyed them.

Never played any of the R&C games or any That Game Company games, so I'll pick those up as well. Not sure about the Infamous collection, as I've already played through 2 thanks to PS +.

Playstation kind of day.

bDMtz.jpg

I'm going to have to head to my local indie retailer and pick up the Journey CE tomorrow!

On a side note:
The Journey CE was in development by different people, and it's just coincidence that it releases on the same day as the other collections. That's also why the cover art is different - we didn't hear about the other Collections until when they were announced.

Izick

I'm going to have to head to my local indie retailer and pick up the Journey CE tomorrow!

On a side note:
The Journey CE was in development by different people, and it's just coincidence that it releases on the same day as the other collections. That's also why the cover art is different - we didn't hear about the other Collections until when they were announced.

I wonder if that will help sales? I mean I'm guessing a lot of people that see these are willing to buy multiple games, since they're quality franchises and at a discount, so they may be more willing to get the Journey CE as well.

I wonder if that will help sales? I mean I'm guessing a lot of people that see these are willing to buy multiple games, since they're quality franchises and at a discount, so they may be more willing to get the Journey CE as well.

We haven't really talked about it internally, but the whole Collection thing will bring in people looking for that sort of thing with other games.
We also haven't talked about that internally, and how it will affect sales.

I'm guessing that it might have a negligible effect, due to these collections taking a lot of the shine that the Journey CE would otherwise have, but there would be more random sales due to them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
God of War Collection is two discs and a download voucher for the psp games. Infamous is two discs and a download voucher for Festival of Blood.

Loooool @ the God of War collection. Fuck that. I'm not buying a retail game to get a download. Guess I'll pick up the individual releases, then.

Seik

Banned
Okay GAF, finally ...

jiZUg.png

Does anyone know why Dragon Force has one disc but room for two?

Plenty of PSone games have that:

-Suikoden
-Tales of Destiny
-Wild Arms
-Ogre Battle
-Jade Cocoon and many others.

Still, that's the only Saturn game I know that have such thing.

mandiller

rvLRF.jpg

0v1JU.jpg

U9Gea.jpg

I picked up a Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio for my iPad 3rd Gen. I'm loving it so far. The case is charged through ambient light so doesn't need to be plugged in to recharge, it's thin and the keyboard automatically turns on and pairs when the iPad is placed into the typing position. It certainly makes a big difference to how I use my iPad. This is probably as close as you can get to making the iPad into a laptop. But you still have the advantage of easily popping the iPad out and using it as a normal tablet.

There's a bunch of iPad specific function keys on the keyboard too which makes writing these posts and copy links for images etc so much easier. There's copy/paste buttons, volume controls, a home button and a bunch more. And if you move the iPad down into the media position (lower position) the bottom row of keys automatically work to control the volume, play/pause, fast forward/rewind. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a keyboard for your iPad.

Gotta love a university class about graphic novels and comics. All of these for the one class, and they still need to stock three more at the bookstore.

photo1.jpg

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Gotta love a university class about graphic novels and comics. All of these for the one class, and they still need to stock three more at the bookstore.
I'm so jealous of your class and the reading list. I've only read Exit Wounds of the books pictured, but it's a fantastic graphic novel.

I'm so jealous of your class and the reading list. I've only read Exit Wounds of the books pictured, but it's a fantastic graphic novel.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I will say there is a distinct lack of Super Hero stuff, but I guess that's expected. I figured the teacher would at least throw Watchmen in or one of the acclaimed Batman GN's, maybe The Long Halloween. I think we get a chance to deconstruct one of our choice, so I'll be leaning toward's the latter.

May16

Playstation kind of day.

bDMtz.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...there's a PHYSICAL copy of Journey?

Time the hell out while I buy this too...

Edit: And I have to ask, these are games on the physical disc, right, not just some download keys?
(Sorry, I've never done the PSN thing with my consoles...)

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...there's a PHYSICAL copy of Journey?

Time the hell out while I buy this too...

Edit: And I have to ask, these are games on the physical disc, right, not just some download keys?
(Sorry, I've never done the PSN thing with my consoles...)

Journey, Flow, and Flower are on the disc, but there is a download code for some avatars.

DeVeAn

Playstation kind of day.

bDMtz.jpg

I want those. Wish everything was on Disc though as I own digital copies already. Infamous WHY did they keep that Move sticker on there ugh!

BTW any word if Sony is going to do this with previously released collections? ie Jak and Sly collections? Kinda silly but, still would be cool.

Top Bottom