• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I can’t post in the Alanah Pearce thread anymore with the reason: congrats on your victory, comrade!

You’re calling me a comrade yet prohibiting me from speaking in the thread? I thought I was on NeoGAF not Resetera.

Jesus, a lot of incels in this thread just casually dismissing a woman getting threats. It's no wonder why many of you are in your 30s and 40s and still a virgin.

I really triggered the incels of Neogaf in this thread.

giphy.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
People were automatically saying she was making the whole thing up. What kind of shitty person says something like that? Sounds like some incel from 4chan.

So there's no possibility of that ever happening, and anyone who says it is automatically an incel?

How can you have productive conversation with someone, if you're to simply assume the worst of them and insult them at a drop of a hat?

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Thanks for looking at my issue. I want to ask, can I report all instances like those in the pic without any consequences ?

Of course. Within reason - we obviously don't want to start getting reports from posts 2/3 months ago seeking a revenge ban etc. But if you feel you're being stalked/harassed then just report a post, give some context around it and the mod team will take a look at the pattern, and then either interject to prevent an escalation or try to take the animosity out of the situation. Having said that, it's a two way street in terms of respect and post construction/posting things out of context etc.

Ok, lets have honest discussion here. You think my comment was going to start console war, but lets look at post I was trying to adress.

We dont know nothing for certain, yet FieRR was already sure XSX games will looks worse, and quite a lot on top of that. It was clearly a joke from xbox fans based on his imagination alone, and other people have responded to this bait as well. Be fair to me and dont blame me for something "FeiRR" has started. I wasnt the one who started this war, however I was the only one who was punished for it and just because I have pointed out something obvious (gonzalo data proves PS5 GPU clock was much slower before, so it's not like I was lying). 2 weeks penalty for something like that and not even prior warning was given to me? You mods frequently tell PS fans to stop before you will punish them for something, yet I was punished in no time. Whats more when I was removed from the discussion PS fans were still allowed to post rude comments towards me. I would like to think the same standards apply to everyone, so can you explain why these PS fans were allowed to post their own fantasies and rude comments, yet nothing happened to them?

Happy to discuss this further and good to see you back pawel86ck pawel86ck - If I'm not mistaken you requested a ban from the forums (permanent) which we were sorry to see. When we reviewed in the morning, I took it down to two weeks thinking you might just need to blow some steam off and come back with a clearer head. The action I can see in the logs is for a reply ban on 4th June for 9 days for this post:

Most of the post was fine, except pushing the assertion in the first line. This was following a reply ban in February for a series of posts in the same vein as below:

The reply ban was also caveated, with the offer of having the reply ban lifted early if the claims were substantiated. At which we go back to an earlier post in the thread which clarifies the whole downlocking, overclocking speeds debate. The reason it is clamped down on is because it is purely console warrior fuel. The Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5, that's it. In a nutshell. The aim of pushing 9TF is not to have honest debate. It's purely to try and frame the PS5 as running at that power level for the majority of the time despite the multiple clarifications this is not the case. Especially when in other posts you quite happily refer to the PS5 as 10TF. And this is where I have to circle back round to people deliberately making statements in that thread to 'fish' for reply bans, to try and evidence a different picture to what is actually happening. Unfortunately I can't really say what could be the cause of these drastic changes of opinion and engagement, only highlight them and warn against getting swept up in currents that try to manipulate your otherwise cordial voice.

I can’t post in the Alanah Pearce thread anymore with the reason: congrats on your victory, comrade!

You’re calling me a comrade yet prohibiting me from speaking in the thread? I thought I was on NeoGAF not Resetera.

You are on NeoGAF. And on NeoGAF, we own our bullshit soldier. In all seriousness the reply ban and its message is a meta. What you've done is come here and complained because someone has read a stupid post of yours and then automatically lumped you into a group. Probably because you feel it is unfair or inaccurate. Having come to this realisation, I would say the reply ban and its message had the desired effect, and look forward to your future posts of much higher quality and content.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Kagey K

Banned
Kagey K Kagey K we're not ignoring you, just trying to find a patch of dedicated time to go through things with you. Someone will reach out in due course. Tagging link for reference

Thank you. That’s i all I want. I feel like the mod that put that warning on me meant to put it on someone else and I got caught in the crossfire. Or they meant to give me a different warning and it didn’t come across properly.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
What's with the TDS whackamole?

It seems as one whacko is given the boot another one pops up.

There was a forgetful idiot
Then nola gaffer
Now coily

Is this mierl taking shit to the next level?

Edit: Inb4 coily calls us all soyboy cunts and is banned

I suspect with the US Presidential election getting ever closer that there will a marked uptick in these sort of one-note posters turning up to explain 'Orange man bad' to all in sundry either from long inactive accounts or new signups. It would probably be a good idea to double the requirements to post in the politics thread to keep the numbers down for the next few months tbh.

nush

I suspect with the US Presidential election getting ever closer that there will a marked uptick in these sort of one-note posters turning up to explain 'Orange man bad' to all in sundry either from long inactive accounts or new signups. It would probably be a good idea to double the requirements to post in the politics thread to keep the numbers down for the next few months tbh.

let them burn through the accounts if they are not posting in good faith, GAF should be on the whole politically neutral.

Kadayi

Banned
let them burn through the accounts if they are not posting in good faith, GAF should be on the whole politically neutral.

I certainly think the politics sub currently leans a little too right IMHO (Trumps, not the Hitler, but he's not infallible either) but unfortunately, the people turning up are either abject screechers or the usual suspects who can't get over their own prejudices enough to engage in honest discussion. It's all rather tragic tbh.

FranXico

Wow, there's so much I want to say. But, fuck it.

If the way I participate on GAF is a problem, or subpar (below standard, whatever), then I should be banned. I don't believe I did anything wrong.
You did absolutely nothing wrong, and your enthusiasm on multiple games spanning multiple platforms is very welcome. Mod of War Mod of War was just organizing the threads a bit to keep topics separate and asking us to be a bit more mindful of this, that's all. I've also had off-topic posts deleted as well as a reminder to stay in topic, it's nothing serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom