• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hi folks. As NeoGAF gets back to a more healthy, grounded, rational place, I've been asked by several folks about their account status. We all know a big clusterfuck happened last October/November, but there's a lot that went down actively against the interests of the site and the community that the present sysadmins and I did not know about. Our old platform had terrible system logging and there was one shortfall in particular that ended up causing problems: permanent bans were on an unsortable list that couldn't be checked over expediently to see if something was amiss. We relied on manual ban recording by mods and admins and general communication, and I vetted those aspects and the non-broken temporary ban list in the admin panel, and referred to the very inefficient raw moderation/system logs when something seemed fishy.

Mods and admins are human. I select NeoGAF mods carefully, but sometimes they don't turn out to be good fits when they take on the role. And sometimes, it turns out, one will work in secret and lie to everyone and sabotage the forum in various ways if the opportunity presents and they get emotionally tilted. That happened.

In 2016 US election primaries season, it appears some bias entered the picture on the moderation team regarding pro-Hillary sentiment and anti-Bernie sentiment that ended up with many of our reasonable Bernie supporters banned under suspicious justification. A lot of this happened in the "PoliGAF" subcommunity thread, however, which was very active but not something I kept enough tabs on since it was more like a chat room at times. Throughout the 2016 election season, Republican/conservative leaning voices were shouted out and baited by the community itself and some members of the mod team into getting banned, in part because of the lead-up where the forum was turning bizarrely aggressive with its Hillary support after incubating in that PoliGAF community thread. NeoGAF became one of the top 5 referring urls in the world to HIllary's campaign website according to Vice News. This was...weird.

Then the election happened and Trump won. One of my ex-admins, bishoptl, got angry about election-related matters and actively sabotaged the forum. He logged his bans that were justifiable within the site rules, and generally gave people appropriate ban explanation messages in those cases. However, he also banned several hundred more people in quick succession, out of anger, for *not being angry enough* about the election. He didn't log these bans administratively, he generally told the users something along the lines of "fuck off" in the user-facing message, and he lied to me at every turn when I was mobilizing to find out what the hell was going on with Off-Topic that seemed to be depriving it of all maturity, reason, sense, and moderate opinion suddenly. Finally I saw something suspicious enough play out that I checked the system logs, and everything revealed itself plainly. We were descending into madness because all the sane people were being stealth banned en masse by bish. I reviewed approximately 100 of the stealth bans one by one and reversed ~90% of them per the actual rules governing the site. But discourse here was already falling apart and our old platform sucked for communicating with users during mod actions, so people started account suiciding after I reversed the bans -- rightfully pissed off about the unjust nature of them. It was all a mess and I focused on trying to be a voice of reason on GAF itself and get the mod team onto a more neutral page going forward instead of going through the remainder of the bish bans.

Anyway, fast forward to last October's big drama. Angry mobs aren't rational actors. The people tasked with calming down angry mobs in a non-violent, just manner....well, sometimes they spray the crowd with rubber bullets and concussion grenades instead. Recently it's come to light that at least one of our ex-moderators mass stealth banned reasonable voices during the October drama who were saying nothing inappropriate and just arguing for a bit of calm. This changed my perception of events, too; it sank my heart to see my community apparently so willing to burn this place to the ground and say horrible, untrue things. But...a lot of the reasonable people were being actively silenced by rogue moderation. This came as quite a shock, but made sense immediately when I found out who it was. It also explained why about 75% of my PMs were supportive and yet it seemed like everyone on the forum itself was screaming for death and destruction. This was not a coincidence.

After that, too, we had an overstressed skeleton crew here and I knew there had been bad actors in the mix during everything, since private conversations under NDA had been leaked and so forth, so I brought in pro contractors for a while to moderate the forum while we regrouped and got some much needed rest. They weren't, shall we say, big on nuance or critical thinking. They were more following a simple flowchart and using a sledgehammer, so a lot of people got permed for relatively benign things and I don't know that it actually helped matters any in retrospect.

Way too many people lost their accounts unjustly. I apologize for my part in it. It was a difficult time and we didn't have great tools on the old-ass platform to detect foul play, and besides that the political circus in the United States introduced significant bias into the site moderation here.

I've pulled the rest of bishtoptl's post-election permanent bans, and the permanent bans performed by the ex-mod who stealth banned over 100 regulars simply for not participating in the witch hunt going on last October (sigh, what a wretched way to be), as well as a big chunk of the October/November permanent bans site-wide that were not performed up to our typical standards. I will review each ban personally, one by one, and reverse them as appropriate.

If you or someone you know has been banned unjustly, especially if it was around the time of the October 2017 drama or the post-election drama around Trump/Hillary time, or any other politically charged time like that, care will be taken to ensure fairness to you, so feel free to disclose it to me. I have a list of several hundred accounts from the known saboteur mods I will begin reviewing now and update with the results in here. If you would like your account reviewed and don't currently have NeoGAF posting access, email support@neogaf.com with Ban Review Request in the title and your account name in the body and I will add it to my list. Or tweet @NeoGAF with the same info.

If you ended up re-registering already and have a second account in good standing here that replaced your banned account, no worries, we're not going to punish for punishment's sake. Just mention it in this thread or PM me if you'd prefer discretion, note what your old account name was and anything you'd like to note about the circumstances, and I'll review your situation personally. In many cases I will be able to restore your old account and merge it with your new account so that you retain everything new and get your old account and post history reintegrated, too.

If you foamed at the mouth and said some stuff in all caps that wasn't very pleasant around drama-central, well, maybe PM me with some words about it. Time has passed and it was an intense situation where a lot of people were behaving irrationally. Some folks I've know on here for a long time participated in unfortunate, hurtful behavior. I'll tackle all that case by case too and I will hear everyone out. No guarantees in those cases, 'course.

We had at least a couple aggressively malicious actors internally that drastically changed outcomes at key moments in NeoGAF's recent history. Hundreds of bad bans happened directly against the policies and interests of the site and community. Things are chill here again and operating as intended and people are starting to want their accounts back. Time to undo some damage. Sorry for the mess, but let's get housekeeping.
I had been watching/reading interesting previous threads as a lurker from 2015-2018. The reason I didn't make an account sooner was due to all the flack going around. I never buy into slander and even the Wikipedia page had some slander. At any rate, by not allowing NeoGAF to be shutdown permanently -- you saved one of the last great gaming/nerd forums. Now, it's become so much better and safer. I like how politics has it's own designated section for members only (thereby minimizing trolls to post trash threads...et al). So many great webpages from the late-90's/early-2000's have already disappeared. Thanks for maintaining this page and it's reputation as the best gaming forum for the past decades.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I had been watching/reading interesting previous threads as a lurker from 2015-2018. The reason I didn't make an account sooner was due to all the flack going around. I never buy into slander and even the Wikipedia page had some slander. At any rate, by not allowing NeoGAF to be shutdown permanently -- you saved one of the last great gaming/nerd forums. Now, it's become so much better and safer. I like how politics has it's own designated section for members only (thereby minimizing trolls to post trash threads...et al). So many great webpages from the late-90's/early-2000's have already disappeared. Thanks for maintaining this page and it's reputation as the best gaming forum for the past decades.

Cheers. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Hello, I'd like my junior status removed. I believe it was because I posted a thread saying buying Nintendo Switches to sell them for a markup isn't morally wrong and explained why I thought that. What's the word they use to describe that again? I forgot. Pretty sure that thread was deleted.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello, I'd like my junior status removed. I believe it was because I posted a thread saying buying Nintendo Switches to sell them for a markup isn't morally wrong and explained why I thought that. What's the word they use to describe that again? I forgot. Pretty sure that thread was deleted.

Sure, you're all set.

Kagey K

Banned
Why did Kagey K Kagey K bc thread got locked?

Forget it, saw the mod edit.
They said we know about b/c. Even though we don’t.

Supposedly I’m supposed to add some context, but I can’t as I don’t know thier plans. Hence why I raised the question.

Can anyone here point me to it, so I can add it to my op?

This seems locked for no good reason, and a discussion worth having.

If anyone other then me made the same OP it would likely be open right now.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
They said we know about b/c. Even though we don’t.

Supposedly I’m supposed to add some context, but I can’t as I don’t know thier plans. Hence why I raised the question.

Can anyone here point me to it, so I can add it to my op?

This seems locked for no good reason, and a discussion worth having.

If anyone other then me made the same OP it would likely be open right now.
pinky-and-the-brain-christmas.gif

Oh no, what happened to the man? He was good and such a professional

Shame.

It really is when our industry professionals go bad on us.

People are always looking at what they say because we always want to know more about the industry. Then sometimes these professionals let their biases affect their comments and they as start giving us misinformation on purpose. It really is shame because he was given a chance to his claims.

It really is when our industry professionals go bad on us.

People are always looking at what they say because we always want to know more about the industry. Then sometimes these professionals let their biases affect their comments and they as start giving us misinformation on purpose. It really is shame because he was given a chance to his claims.
honestly the guy just likes to bicker with console gamers... especially PlayStation ones. He only shows up to slang mud at hyped fans.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Even though VFX loves to bicker his comment wasn't wrong that he was banned for. He wasn't talking about the console war bait that is the variable clocks in any capacity and it seems that's what the mods banned him for.

Also saying you are "waiting for the Xbox fan was banned fairly" is petty. Guy isn't even an Xbox fan.

He is far more professional than a ton of other posters on here. I understand his word holds more weight as he is vetted but nothing he said "needed" vetting if you understand the conversation.

Seems extreme to me. But that's just my two cents.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
fix what stance, i'm reading what he said now and it seems fine
It seems to me someone who probably didn't understand the conversation reported it as bait due to the whole variable clock that is console war bait. No idea which mod issued the ban but its seems like it wasn't read carefully. But if he was given the opportunity explain and didn't I see why they thought a ban was needed.

But even that being said, the context of the conversation didn't ever indicate he was participating in pointless console wars. The conversation was about rendering and his comment makes sense in that context.

Why VFX was banned?
Not sure who would think VFX is an Xbox fan, he’s a PC guy all the way I thought? Also BS you can’t even speculate that a variable GPU freq is actually variable, when they already said it was variable.
I would even add that in the linked post to his ban he said "~9TF on average" which would come along with a console not being utilized 100% all the time, just like the Xbox will end up.
The 9tf comment being bannable is ridiculous when you read some of the bullshit that is said about the xsx.
Cause it wouldn't make sense for him to get silenced, yet you have people running around rampant and spreading misinformation all the time, with no repercussions.

Mod of War Mod of War Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights

As you can see many people are confused about VFSVeterans ban and they want clarification on why it was done.

Seems like there's two sides to the argument. Some people say he was speculating and shouldn't have been banned while others are accusing him of making false claims.

Just need to know what's the case here with his 9TFs comment.

Mod of War Mod of War Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights

As you can see many people are confused about VFSVeterans ban and they want clarification on why it was done.

Seems like there's two sides to the argument. Some people say he was speculating and shouldn't have been banned while others are accusing him of making false claims.

Just need to know what's the case here with his 9TFs comment.
This feels weird to even quote myself, but here is what I said in that thread.

90% efficiency would yield 9.2TF. 90% is 9 times out of 10. This is the upper echelon of efficiency, compared to low utilization. 95% of 10.3 is 9.78.

97% of 10.3 is 9.99. so being "~9TF" is far from unreasonable. As matter a fact, it's more than likely in the ~9TF range majority of the time, if not always in that range because of variable clocks.

This will be my last post about this as I'm moving to the bans thread, as this is off topic.

This feels weird to even quote myself, but here is what I said in that thread.

~9TFLOPS on average

When VFXVeteran VFXVeteran wrote this, I read it as "9TFish." To me that implies give or take a TF or two. It doesn't read to me like some vicious libel. Given the nature of variable clocks and whatnot, is it THAT outlandish a thing to say?

I've seen much worse said about the XsX. People say the XsX has a "weak" SSD. that its audio chip is the same as the one in PS4 and Xbox One (this was said yesterday I believe)

-Arcadia-

Banned
This is kind of why I think 9 teraflops and two years of no Xbox exclusives shouldn't be auto strikes against you.

Sometimes there's room for debate, sometimes people are mistaken, etc. Those things should be sorted out amongst posters.

If someone is wielding those things as a cudgel to constantly console war, sure, but is that really VFX Veteran? He's a highly knowledgeable autist and stickler for the truth, if a bit favoritist towards the PC. He's certainly not an Xbox fanboy.

This stuff feels more like an excuse for people with a grudge to get someone removed, which I almost guarantee happened here.

SleepDoctor

Banned
This is kind of why I think 9 teraflops and two years of no Xbox exclusives shouldn't be auto strikes against you.

Sometimes there's room for debate, sometimes people are mistaken, etc. Those things should be sorted out amongst posters.

If someone is wielding those things as a cudgel to constantly console war, sure, but is that really VFX Veteran? He's a highly knowledgeable autist and stickler for the truth, if a bit favoritist towards the PC. He's certainly not an Xbox fanboy.

This stuff feels more like an excuse for people with a grudge to get someone removed, which I almost guarantee happened here.

There's been a grudge against him since he said Horizon was going to pc. There's no way of proving or dismissing the 9tf gpu.

Just take a good look at the garbage posted in the spec thread about the xsx and there are things way worse in there said and by people who don't even know what they're talking about.

How do you feel about someone saying the XsX audio chip is the same as the one in PS4 and Xbox One? Or that the XsX has a weak SSD?

I read that the audio chip form the XSX is actually a new Dolby Atmos one. So it can't be the same chip that the PS4 or Xbox One has. What I did see is speculation on whether or not its as capable as Sonys customized CU in their system.

As for Xbox One having a weak SSD, on paper it appears 50% slower than what Sony has. Which means that the data transfer rate could be half as fast. Whether or not that will translate to real life performance I'm not sure about that. All I know is that Sonys I/O is most likely better than Microsoft's. I would only call it weak if it used a normal mechanical drive but that isn't the case.

If someone starts to spread misinformation about those two things then I would have an issue with it.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I still don't think it deserved to be gang-reported. Getting kinda tired of the roving plastic box gang warfare bullshit.
Hold on now.
He also bombed a thread stating all ps5 games come to pc , stated no point buying a ps5 as you can enjoy horizon 2 in pc at a much higher fidelity. He was serious and look now horizon demon souls etc ARE ps5 exclusive titles. At least for a long time.

Point is he constantly is gunning for ps5 users like mentioned all ps5 titles come to pc etc but never ever did i see him treat the xsx the same way.

In my opinion he has a track record to a pc or xbox warrior

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Hold on now.
He also bombed a thread stating all ps5 games come to pc , stated no point buying a ps5 as you can enjoy horizon 2 in pc at a much higher fidelity. He was serious and look now horizon demon souls etc ARE ps5 exclusive titles. At least for a long time.

Point is he constantly is gunning for ps5 users like mentioned all ps5 titles come to pc etc but never ever did i see him treat the xsx the same way.

This is a fair point. (although I dont remember him saying all games I thought he said a lot)

I think the term vetted here has been an issue for VFX as he is in the industry but hes not an insider. He is basing his opinion off of what he heard and hes not a journalist trying to get multiple sources to confirm a report, hes just going off of what he heard from someone inside. Is it his job to make sure what he hears is right? Is that what vetted means?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Hold on now.

If he took that turn, fair play, don't let annoying warriors turn you into one too, but I've never seen him be out of line.

He recently even defended the Demon's Souls trailer, using his expertise, when people were questioning it being CG.

If that's being a fanboy, he's doing a poor job, literally promoting the competition and such.

Jtibh

Banned
This is a fair point. (although I dont remember him saying all games I thought he said a lot)

I think the term vetted here has been an issue for VFX as he is in the industry but hes not an insider. He is basing his opinion off of what he heard and hes not a journalist trying to get multiple sources to confirm a report, hes just going off of what he heard from someone inside. Is it his job to make sure what he hears is right? Is that what vetted means?
I never looked at him as an insider but as a vfx guy who knows his stuff in THAT industry.
But he is always popping up in ps5 threads going from weak hardware dont expect much from it to all that way to maybe not all but most ps5 first party titles including horizon 2 come to pc.
When i said to him its likely but a few years from release like even now he said no they come in less then a year and he was very certain on that we should just stop dreaming

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I never looked at him as an insider but as a vfx guy who knows his stuff in THAT industry.
But he is always popping up in ps5 threads going from weak hardware dont expect much from it to all that way to maybe not all but most ps5 first party titles including horizon 2 come to pc.
When i said to him its likely but a few years from release like even now he said no they come in less then a year and he was very certain on that we should just stop dreaming

TO be fair thats not unfounded yet. We wont know until that time comes.

I am not doubting he comes off as abrasive, but to be fair the sony side here is very very aggressive at anything they dont like.

Jtibh

Banned
If he took that turn, fair play, don't let annoying warriors turn you into one too, but I've never seen him be out of line.

He recently even defended the Demon's Souls trailer, using his expertise, when people were questioning it being CG.

If that's being a fanboy, he's doing a poor job, literally promoting the competition and such.
He had a different tone in the demon souls thread maybe due the fact it wont come to pc?
But he was proffesional in that thread and i was pleased and respected his answers.

The other one though.....

A 'vetted' poster on Gaf has always meant that the average poster respects and looks up to them as a member of the industry. In return, that Vetted member should be the height of professionalism as they represent a company in the industry.

Shit posting, throwing your toys out of the cot and swinging your dick around like you're the moral authority on all things console, isn't a professional or respectable look.

Vfx, has without a doubt shown his unprofessional side more than once and more often than not in Ps5 threads when talking about power or exclusives going to PC.

He should make a choice; be vetted and remain professional and impartial, as best as possible within our own unconscious bias, or, make a new account and shit post to his hearts content.

Either way, this ban might be a newspaper to the nose, rather than his company getting shitty with him.

That said, I'm a fucking retard, so don't put much stock in to what I say.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
A 'vetted' poster on Gaf has always meant that the average poster respects and looks up to them as a member of the industry. In return, that Vetted member should be the height of professionalism as they represent a company in the industry.

Shit posting, throwing your toys out of the cot and swinging your dick around like you're the moral authority on all things console, isn't a professional or respectable look.

Vfx, has without a doubt shown his unprofessional side more than once and more often than not in Ps5 threads when talking about power of exclusives going to PC.

He should make a choice; be vetted and remain professional and impartial, as best as possible within our own unconscious bias, or, make a new account and shit post to his hearts content.

Either way, this ban might be a newspaper to the nose, rather than his company getting shitty with him.

I think this makes sense but if thats the case this is not the post he should have been banned for.

Ascend

Even though VFX loves to bicker his comment wasn't wrong that he was banned for. He wasn't talking about the console war bait that is the variable clocks in any capacity and it seems that's what the mods banned him for.

Also saying you are "waiting for the Xbox fan was banned fairly" is petty. Guy isn't even an Xbox fan.

He is far more professional than a ton of other posters on here. I understand his word holds more weight as he is vetted but nothing he said "needed" vetting if you understand the conversation.

Seems extreme to me. But that's just my two cents.
Banning him was too harsh. At worst, a thread ban would have been sufficient, in my view. Then again, I'm not a mod, and I don't follow all of his posts. But I simply want to add that, mods need to try and avoid adding fuel to the fire. The last comment made was unnecessary, and I'm talking about the bold part here....

"You were warned days ago about the 9TF comment. You're an industry professional - and like every other member - were offered the chance to back up this claim with evidence or stop the FUD. We await the 'xbox fan banned unfairly' comment."

That is basically trolling, and it seems more like a power play than anything else, because the mods can do it without consequence.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I am not doubting he comes off as abrasive

This is why I said autist, btw. I don’t mean that he’s actually autistic, but there’s a group of people on the internet who deliver the truth or a reasonable opinion, with very little social grace. That’s definitely him.

As you say, that he’s been constantly confronted with personal attacks over months, doesn’t help the matter.

In any case abrasiveness is a non-factor. Be as rude as you like, if you tell the truth, in my opinion. What’s under debate is if he’s making false comments. I would like to see properly contextual evidence of this, beyond the fudged, not clear, 9 TF thing.

He had a different tone in the demon souls thread maybe due the fact it wont come to pc?
But he was proffesional in that thread and i was pleased and respected his answers.

The other one though.....

Wouldn’t it not coming to PC make him even more likely to troll, if he was a fanboy?

Vfx, has without a doubt shown his unprofessional side more than once and more often than not in Ps5 threads when talking about power or exclusives going to PC.

Meh, as said, I think the only standard is that he should be held absolutely to the truth. If he wants to be a dick about it, well, he’s a person too. Being vetted doesn’t mean you have an obligation to be nice, especially when constantly being attacked yourself.

were offered the chance to back up this claim with evidence or stop the FUD. We await the 'xbox fan banned unfairly' comment."

I agree that bolded doesn't seem necessary. However he was given a chance to prove himself and was asked to stop if he couldn't.

What I don't know was what he did the first time is comparable to what he did this time.

On the bright side he didn't get a perm so he will be back.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Banning him was too harsh. At worst, a thread ban would have been sufficient, in my view. Then again, I'm not a mod, and I don't follow all of his posts. But I simply want to add that, mods need to try and avoid adding fuel to the fire. The last comment made was unnecessary, and I'm talking about the bold part here....

"You were warned days ago about the 9TF comment. You're an industry professional - and like every other member - were offered the chance to back up this claim with evidence or stop the FUD. We await the 'xbox fan banned unfairly' comment."

That is basically trolling, and it seems more like a power play than anything else, because they can do it without consequence.

I concur about the we await xbox part. But I have made my mistakes of question the mod team before and was giving a warning. I am not going to pretend that I have followed every post by VFX so I can't comment on his intentions, but mods have admitted they dont read every post either. That would lead me to believe that they like us are not able to see everything and are basing it off of what they know and the history of the poster.

I have never seen him as xbox guy so Idk where that comment came from. But it reminds me of when a mod tried to call me out saying I was fighting for Xbox because I got into a pissing match with Daniels and Game Pass. So because I was defending game pass I got labeled as Team Xbox. This is honestly a bigger issue to me than this ban. Hindsight is 20/20 but we all know what happened to Daniels.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Hi folks

VFXVeterans is free to share the warning he received a few days prior to this incident. That particular post was deleted, but the pertinent part was this:

Whether you like me or not doesn't matter. What matters is what I've said.

1) I told you about the PS5 power levels (~9.2TF) over a year ago - you told me I was crazy.

He was asked to stop using the fuel of console warriors, specifically around the 9.2TF detail otherwise he would be banned. This warning would be stood down if he could provide technical documentation or evidence real world testing and benchmarks from his position in the industry. We considered the matter closed. Until once again he tried to deftly dodge around the warning by indirectly calling the PS5 GPU ~9TF. If you completely ignore reasonable requests for unfounded/unevidenced retractions, then warnings will be followed through on. Unfortunately, you don't always have the behind the scenes information or communications/warnings that were issued prior. The offer made to VFXVeteran is also an open one to the community, if you can:

...provide technical documentation or evidence real world testing and benchmarks where the PS5 GPU is running closer to 9TF in production for the majority of the use case

We will roll back the bans. Trying to dodge around the point or rephrase it will be met with the same response. You will receive a warning explaining this and requesting you stop it unless you provide evidence. If you're a new account and obviously just trolling, then it will more than likely be a straight ban. If you ignore the request and continue, the escalation path is a ban. For example this statement by D DoctaThompson above

97% of 10.3 is 9.99. so being "~9TF" is far from unreasonable

Headmaths is fine but are you really trying to sell 9.99 as 'around 9' rather than 'around 10' as reasonable? Does anyone want to try and defend this? Or are you trying to fit a rounding mechanism to suit yourself? At this stage it would probably make more sense to say 'both consoles coming in at around 10TF' wouldn't it? The factual points from the lead architect (direct quotes) are as follows:

36 CUs at 2.23GHz is 10.3 Teraflops and we expect the GPU to spend most of its time at or close to that frequency and performance

Running the CPU at 3GHz was causing headaches with the old strategy. But now we can run it as high as 3.5GHz. In fact it spends most of its time at that frequency

It will run at a slower clockspeed, but not too much lower. To reduce power by 10%, it only take a couple percent reduction in frequency, so I'd expect any downclocking to be pretty minor

Based on the words from the architect of the PS5 himself and those quotes, if you wish to use 9TF seriously (and not as subtle antagonistic trolling) then you have to evidence its credibility in debate. To do that, you have to discredit Mark Cerny or:

1. Prove/evidence the clocks spend the majority of the time at 9.4TF or below, to legitimse the ~9TF rounding
  2. Prove/evidence the downclocking will be more than a couple of percent which equals ~10TF

We understand certain groups will standy by and loyally vouch for their friends and allies, and we have no persisting ill will towards VFXVeteran. A warning was issued with repercussions stated. That warning was ignored and then the consequences were followed through on. However, in respect of your efforts and cordiality, we will reduce the ban fom one week to three days.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned

That is basically trolling, and it seems more like a power play than anything else, because the mods can do it without consequence.

Makes you wonder exactly how many mofs are actually unbiased when some sound like console warriors themselves. Then you wonder why people are asking for perms.

I have noticed when I've made an anti sony report its addressed almost instantly vs whem its an anti Xbox report. Its ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom