• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the PS warriors on this site (not the regular fans), need a good, hard smack. All warriors are bad, and we can certainly point to Bernkastle and such, but the most obnoxious, sustained, disruptive behavior has come from one group lately.

Moreover, whilst constantly sobbing about an imaginary Xbox discord, they seem to act in those exact control-and-remove-the-competition ways that they decry.
The Xbox Discord Group is real and has already been proven to be so. There is no argument or dispute about this, several members of XboxGAF thay I've spoken to have already admitted it's a problem.

And saying PS warriors need a "good, hard smack" is disingenuous when both sides have their bad apples. It seems you have significant more leniency towards the Xbox warriors despite the fact that mods ban them frequently and warn them more frequently.

Don't make matters worse by saying "[Brand] warriors need a good hard smack" when it's the moderation team's business to handle this situation.

If you want to continue targeting the bad apples of SonyGAF only, that's your choice. I personally think it's biased and disingenuous to ignore XboxGAF's notorious warriors as well.

2KGIkyL.png
Abolish Mods
Let my people go
#AltLivesMatter

Has anyone got the actual full count of MeIRL alts? I need a good laugh.

I think the purpose of Meirl and his alts is to give the perception that Xbox fans are being targeted. Back on N4G we had someone who did something similar. And at some people he made the claim that Xbox fans were being targeted on the site.

It's unfortunate that there are people like this because it only disrupts the threads.

-Arcadia-

Banned
The Xbox Discord Group is real and has already been proven to be so. There is no argument or dispute about this, several members of XboxGAF thay I've spoken to have already admitted it's a problem.

And saying PS warriors need a "good, hard smack" is disingenuous when both sides have their bad apples. It seems you have significant more leniency towards the Xbox warriors despite the fact that mods ban them frequently and warn them more frequently.

Don't make matters worse by saying "[Brand] warriors need a good hard smack" when it's the moderation team's business to handle this situation.

If you want to continue targeting the bad apples of SonyGAF only, that's your choice. I personally think it's biased and disingenuous to ignore XboxGAF's notorious warriors as well.

What a surpise. The biggest example has a problem with it. The person that ended our friendship, because I told him to chill on the warrioring, out of concern for his own good after he almost got permabanned for it, lol. The person that obsesses behind the scenes in messages over how ‘Sony Gaf’ (his words) appears, and if they’ve taken brand damage this week.

No. The Discooooord Groooooup (or is it more of a Voldemort vibe?) is a few retards over on Era, not even on this site, that you and your ilk regularly accuse of manipulating all of gaming. ‘Is Digital Foundry in the Discord Group?’ ‘Is VFX?’ The shit I hear daily about this never ceases to astound me.

Is it maybe, just maybe, that some people disagree with the fanatical delusions in your head? But no #15TeraflopsGang amirite?

Btw, you know what’s more disingenuous? Taking a post that specifically addressed problems with both sides, and making it out to address one. But that’s nothing new for how you guys argue, right? Plant words in mouth. Fight a false argument. Be deluded. Repeat.

Don’t make matters worse? For who? You and the people doing this? You’d like to avoid that, wouldn’t you, versus being slimy and popping out of every crevice to spew unhinged fanboy rhetoric before oozing back in, out of sight? I especially like how you eventually crack a few jokes, so it all looks like parody, and you won’t be caught.

I’ll keep targeting everyone who acts like a retard on this forum. Especially the biggest examples.

You should go back to being a meme. You were better at that, and a whole lot less hateful/dislikable.

What a surpise. The biggest example has a problem with it. The person that ended our friendship, because I told him to chill on the warrioring, out of concern for his own good after he almost got permabanned for it, lol. The person that obsesses behind the scenes in messages over how ‘Sony Gaf’ (his words) appears, and if they’ve taken brand damage this week.

No. The Discooooord Groooooup (or is it more of a Voldemort vibe?) is a few retards over on Era, not even on this site, that you and your ilk regularly accuse of manipulating all of gaming. ‘Is Digital Foundry in the Discord Group?’ ‘Is VFX?’ The shit I hear daily about this never ceases to astound me.

Is it maybe, just maybe, that some people disagree with the fanatical delusions in your head? But no #15TeraflopsGang amirite?

Btw, you know what’s more disingenuous? Taking a post that specifically addressed problems with both sides, and making it out to address one. But that’s nothing new for how you guys argue, right? Plant words in mouth. Fight a false argument. Be deluded. Repeat.

Don’t make matters worse? For who? You and the people doing this? You’d like to avoid that, wouldn’t you, versus being slimy and popping out of every crevice to spew unhinged fanboy rhetoric before oozing back in, out of sight? I especially like how you eventually crack a few jokes, so it all looks like parody, and you won’t be caught.

I’ll keep targeting everyone who acts like a retard on this forum. Especially the biggest examples.

You should go back to being a meme. You were better at that, and a whole lot less hateful/dislikable.
What's with the personal attacks, -Arcadia- -Arcadia- ?

Airing out personal feelings because I replied back to what you said on this thread is not a good look on you.

You didn't reply back to what I said and instead changed the entire topic to something personal and insulting towards me.

I
Why don't you take a breath first and respond back to what I said in a mature and rational manner, instead of an emotional tangent?

No one cares about your feelings towards me or how "I broke up our friendship" because this isn't highschool or LipStickAlley.com

I'm a little embarrassed for you. Did you think this would fly with the mods, airing out "dirty laundry" on a publicly viewable thread, let alone a ban review thread?

I'll give you another chance to respond to my post in a rational and calm manner.

-Arcadia-

Banned
What's with the personal attacks, -Arcadia- -Arcadia- ?

Airing out personal feelings because I replied back to what you said on this thread is not a good look on you.

You didn't reply back to what I said and instead changed the entire topic to something personal and insulting towards me.

I
Why don't you take a breath first and respond back to what I said in a mature and rational manner, instead of an emotional tangent?

No one cares about your feelings towards me or how "I broke up our friendship" because this isn't highschool or LipStickAlley.com

I'm a little embarrassed for you. Did you think this would fly with the mods, airing out "dirty laundry" on a publicly viewable thread, let alone a ban review thread?

I'll give you another chance to respond to my post in a rational and calm manner.

There you go. Witness the slime. Witness playing the system.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

I think the bolded is THE point. When you have several neutral posters in this discussion, i.e. fans of both or fans of neither that feel it's a problem, it's not simply a matter of Xbots are delusional.

D DoctaThompson - neither PC fan
JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered - neutral fan of both
VFXVeteran VFXVeteran -neither PC fan
SleepDoctor SleepDoctor -neutral fan of both
-Arcadia- -Arcadia- neutral fan of both

I may have left some people out, sorry.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, you're clearly emotional and I'll be the bigger person and let GAF and the moderation team decide on the matter.

This is disappointing, but I'm not surprised.

Bravo. A masterful performance.

This is why mod criteria needs to be based more around long-term behavior, rather than trigger terms. A group of posters has figured out how to abuse it as thoroughly as possible, as MHK is trying his best to demonstrate.

Be a shithead just enough > anger regular people > report them

That’s the pattern, isn’t it?

Last edited:
I think the bolded is THE point. When you have several neutral posters in this discussion, i.e. fans of both or fans of neither that feel it's a problem, it's not simply matter of Xbots are delusional.

Those members have nothing to do with what I was talking about besides the person who I was talking to.

It's clear as day that some members are more lenient towards a certain group of [Brand] warriors and excessively critical of the other [brand] warriors.

My point was that to focus on one side only and ignore the publicly viewable post history of the other side's warriors is disingenuous.

This kind of rhetoric will only make things worse for the forum, and frankly speaking, GAF doesn't need neutral members to weigh in on these issues when we have a very capable team of mods who, like Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights , explain the rationale behind some of the bigger bans received by [brand] warriors.

🤮🤢🤮
Seriously Mods can we please get a vomit emoji added to the likes emojis?
Bravo. A masterful performance.

This is why mod criteria needs to be based more around long-term behavior, rather than trigger terms. A group of posters has figured out how to abuse it as thoroughly as possible, as MHK is trying his best to demonstrate.

Be a shithead just enough > anger regular people > report them

That’s the pattern, isn’t it?
Both of you are embarrassing yourselves and acting like children thinking you can tag team me?

I think it's clear some members on GAF think their have some sort of impunity and judge anyone they don't personally like on top of their sand castle.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Those members have nothing to do with what I was talking about besides the person who I was talking to.

It's clear as day that some members are more lenient towards a certain group of [Brand] warriors and excessively critical of the other [brand] warriors.

My point was that to focus on one side only and ignore the publicly viewable post history of the other side's warriors is disingenuous.

This kind of rhetoric will only make things worse for the forum, and frankly speaking, GAF doesn't need neutral members to weigh in on these issues when we have a very capable team of mods who, like Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights , explain the rationale behind some of the bigger bans received by [brand] warriors.

Show me where I’ve ever been lenient towards anyone doing this shit. Proper context, no BS.

I’ll wait. I’m confident in my history. Are you confident in yours?

So backhanded. You’d fit in well at a high school.

Interesting that you keep repeating yourself. No point there truly, is there? You don’t give a crap about the forum, or the mods, beyond sucking up to them, or you wouldn’t act the way you do on it. You are however, extremely nervous that someone finally called out your shit.

Show me where I’ve ever been lenient towards anyone doing this shit. Proper context, no BS.

I’ll wait. I’m confident in my history. Are you confident in yours?

So backhanded. You’d fit in well at a high school.

Interesting that you keep repeating yourself. No point there truly, is there? You don’t give a crap about the forum, or the mods, beyond sucking up to them, or you wouldn’t act the way you do on it. You are however, extremely nervous that someone finally called out your shit.
What are you even talking about?

Sucking up to mods? Extremely nervous? Lets leave the armchair psychoanalysis and get back to the topic at hand.

You clearly showed and continue to show leniency towards Xbox Warriors by either not criticizing their behaviour (literally defending Lady on this thread despite Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights clearly explaining why they received that tag) and dismissing/downplaying/lying about the existence of Xbox Discord group when we both knew first-hand about CurryPanda's involvement after his permanent ban.

Lets stop with the high school bully argumentation stance and talk it out like adults.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
What are you even talking about?

Sucking up to mods? Extremely nervous? Lets leave the armchair psychoanalysis and get back to the topic at hand.

You clearly showed and continue to show leniency towards Xbox Warriors by either not criticizing their behaviour (literally defending Lady on this thread despite Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights clearly explaining why they received that tag) and dismissing/downplaying/lying about the existence of XboxGAF when we both knew first-hand about CurryPanda's involvement after his permanent ban.

Lets stop with the high school bully argumentation stance and talk it out like adults.

Post it then, slimeball. We don’t want your interpretation of what happened. We want the event.

Xbox Discord is a boogeyman for idiots and fanboys. Curry was banned for other reasons, and you know that.

GHG

Gold Member
I think the bolded is THE point. When you have several neutral posters in this discussion, i.e. fans of both or fans of neither that feel it's a problem, it's not simply a matter of Xbots are delusional.

I'm gonna have to be real here and say that nobody here is actually neutral. People can pretend to be all they like, but the reality eventually comes through. People need to realise it's ok to have preferences and have discussions (that's what we are here for). What's not ok is to be a disingenuous arselicking fanboy lunatic. Having preferences does not automatically make you a lunatic fanboy.

All of the people listed there have preferences. Some clearer than others, but they all do, and that's natural.

The sooner people realise all of this the better it is for everyone and that way there's no bullshit. That's all I have to say really...

And I'm not calling any of them out either by the way. The fact they are mentioned is coincidental and they all make quality contributions here the vast majority of the time.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I'm gonna have to be real here and say that nobody here is actually neutral. People can pretend to be all they like, but the reality eventually comes through. People need to realise it's ok to have preferences and have discussions (that's what we are here for). What's not ok is to be a disingenuous arselicking fanboy lunatic. Having preferences does not automatically make you a lunatic fanboy.

All of the people listed there have preferences. Some clearer than others, but they all do, and that's natural.

The sooner people realise all of this the better it is for everyone and that way there's no bullshit. That's all I have to say really...

And I'm not calling any of them out either by the way. The fact they are mentioned is coincidental and they all make quality contributions here the vast majority of the time.
i wouldn't be so sure about that, some of us just wanna play good games

i'm on pc but i've owned various consoles over the years, most (i would say all) my friends are the same way

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
What’s actually amusing is that you quoted me calling out Lady Bernkastel in your own post (click through to see it)

That’s quite the level of disigenuity.

Last edited:

Fake

After VFXVeteran VFXVeteran posting about Horizon Zero Dawn on PC be graphic better than Horizon 2 on PS5 even when we don't even know about the PS5 specs from the time or either if Horizon is real I pretty much ignore his bs. I don't usally expect this level of bullshit from someone with vetted tag.

I mean, from what porpuse doing that besides console war?
Like whatever you want, but the fact of low level bait still remains. Neither others vetted from here or in the other place behave like that.

Post it then, slimeball. We don’t want your interpretation of what happened. We want the event.

Xbox Discord is a boogeyman for idiots and fanboys. Curry was banned for other reasons, and you know that.
Stop with the personal insults, it's childish.

What event?

Anyone who frequently checks GAF can easily spot your leniency, whether it was done explicitly or implicitly.

It's not a coincidence when a prominent notorious Xbox Warrior gets banned, you show up and defend them in some way or form.

It's not a coincidence that you target prominent Pro-Sony members and advocate for harsher moderation towards them but nothing towards the other sides' warriors and act like what they're doing isn't as bad.

The fact that you had the audacity to say "Sony Warriors" need to get smacked tells me enough that you are significantly less lenient towards Pro-Sony members and therefore, more biased and critical.

This makes you ineligible to be a "neutral" advocate against console warring on GAF.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I concur with this. I know we all want to try and stay Neutral but thats impossible. But what is possible is having civil discussions. There are quiet a few posters that immediately try to brand you as fighting for one side or the other if you say anything negative about one of the brands. Like I don't like the look of the PS5 or the xbox series X. I called one over designed and the other minimalist and somehow that got turned into by more than one poster as me spinning it in favor of Xbox. Like what? This is the junk we need to try to remove and see how we can do better.

Last edited:

CatLady

Exactly. I am so sick and tired of hearing about the secret Xbox discord and all the other conspiracies the evil Xbots, Digital Foundry and Microsoft themselves are always plotting against the poor beleaguered Sony. Talk about delusional.

GHG

Gold Member
i wouldn't be so sure about that, some of us just wanna play good games

i'm on pc but i've owned various consoles over the years, most (i would say all) my friends are the same way

Just the fact that you want to play good games means that you will have certain platform(s) that you will naturally gravitate towards dependant on your tastes. If there's a game I want to play I will buy whatever platform it is on (hence I've owned everything with the exception of Nintendo platforms for the last 2 gens) , however there are certain platforms that I spend more time with because there is more stuff I want to play on them. Unless you are counting your time, money spent and enjoyment (if there was a measure for such a thing) and then equally distributed all those things across all of the platforms you own then I don't see how anyone could claim to be neutral.

Owning all platforms or having the PC as your primary platform does not automatically make you neutral. Let me put it this way, if all multisystem owners were told they had to choose only one system to keep they could all give you an answer.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Please bring your personal grievances with each other to either the meta thread or DMs.

While it’s understandable that it spawned off of the ban commentary and the background meta of certain sub groups on here, this is now turning into a pissing match.

Thank you, and please flush on your way out.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Alright, well, I’m going to wrap this up. This isn’t Elementary school; we don’t need a teacher to break up the war of words. It ends here. I’m sure there will be mod input regardless.

I said my piece, you understand very well where I’m coming from.

If any of it was across the line, I gladly accept my warning, ban, or perm. However, I don’t regret a single thing — it’s needed to be said for quite some time.

Keep on eye on that bunch of posters, anyone, and you’ll see exactly what I mean, and how true everything brought up here is.

Edit: Didn’t see you there MoW

Last edited:

CatLady

Please bring your personal grievances with each other to either the meta thread or DMs.

While it’s understandable that it spawned off of the ban commentary and the background meta of certain sub groups on here, this is now turning into a pissing match.

Thank you, and please flush on your way out.

Okay, but only if you admit you're an Xbox sleeper agent.

J/k, don't ban me bro :messenger_sunglasses:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom