• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Some people are fucking fragile, I got deleted my post, when I said that Cerny probably have not created universe and I did not come here to cry about that. And like.....

Fuck

To came here to back up your elementary level brainlet post and just get even more attention to your IQ 10 post, that's something I never understand.

This was your post
Cerny dick sucking is starting to get really obnoxious, it's like fucking one man created the whole universe. Get some fucking help

You conveniently left the first part out. It was deleted for obvious juvenile and low brow bait. Don’t complain for not even a slap on the wrist- It gets deleted with no action or warning, just move on.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
This was your post

You conveniently left the first part out. It was deleted for obvious juvenile and low brow bait. Don’t complain for not even a slap on the wrist- It gets deleted with no action or warning, just move on.
I actually like said that it's fine, I was reacting to the LED guy. I fully acknowledge that shitposting sometimes leads to warning and stuff.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
People are being removed from the next generation thread now for good. This will be monitored over the coming weeks and reviewed as and when necessary. We've been back over pages and been keeping eyes on it the last week. Anyone who is just there to further console wars has been removed so far. We will see how the thread runs without you for a while.

Regarding post #174,341 on the next gen speculation thread, why do you say I'm making shit up? Didn't the guy from the Giant Bomb podcast burned his fingers when he touched the expansion card he'd just removed from the console? Care to elaborate?

No he did not 'burn' his fingers. He picked it up for 6 seconds, then said it was hot, dropped it for two seconds then picked it back up. Your embellishment to score console warrior points is not needed in the thread. There are thousands of other threads, go and contribute honestly and you may earn your way back in when we review.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
I just can't for the life of me understand why people get attached to brands and plastic boxes with circuits to the point of being quasi-religious about it. I was a fanboy when I was a child because I could only have one console, and even then I went to my friends houses and I played the console I didn't have and I enjoyed it a lot (most of the fanboying was just school idiocy). I mean, you do not have to like or own everything, but to have such a hatred for other platforms as an adult is pathetic and it signals an insecurity that I will never understand.

Last edited:
People are being removed from the next generation thread now for good. This will be monitored over the coming weeks and reviewed as and when necessary. We've been back over pages and been keeping eyes on it the last week. Anyone who is just there to further console wars has been removed so far. We will see how the thread runs without you for a while.

No he did not 'burn' his fingers. He picked it up for 6 seconds, then said it was hot, dropped it for two seconds then picked it back up. Your embellishment to score console warrior points is not needed in the thread. There are thousands of other threads, go and contribute honestly and you may earn your way back in when we review.

The thread on the subject was closed. And I don't think after the little mockery show on the mod tags, that anyone would actually dare make a thread on the subject of the video (which is relevant to discussion). The only place left is the nx-gen thread. Not to mention that taking liberty with interpretations and claiming your opinion is superior to that of another individual is well, reaching - much less using that as an excuse, to ban, levy warnings (that build up to bans) etc.

Thread in question.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/dghost-misrepresents-another-topic-ban-warning-issued.1569749/

Mod edit/tag: mod edit: User still trying to desperately cause console wars by misrepresenting a video about an SSD that was hot, and made a bait thread insinuating it was the entire console. Therefore thread has been closed until they learn to accurately reflect the topic at hand.

Actual video and transcript:

Small little transcript for mobile users of the conversation:

Jeff Bakalar:
It's on fire.... it's super hot (SSD on hand).

Why is it so hot?​

.....bla bla bla...​
So here's what's crazy right. This thing..... so this was just plugged-in in standby mode behind me. And guys, the entire thing (gestures to the console port side) is a little toasty. Umm...​

Alex Navarro: Now again this is pre-release hardware to be fair.

Jeff Bakalar: Totally, and I'm sure they're (MS) not stoked for me to even get into that much kind of detail (NDA).

But you know the people were asking like.... ohh you know...it seems like it's in the way that a lot of the other consoles were doing stuff while you were not using them.​
It seems like this thing might be doing something while you're not using it to the point where it needs to exhaust heat.

======================================
To claim with certainty that it's just about the SSD and that it's not open to interpretation that it's about the console itself is reaching (flowery way of saying bias). Unless Jeff clarified in a tweet otherwise which would be new, relevant information to bring to the thread.

If the title was the problem - then reword it to more accurately represent the video and information within the thread. Or tag clickbait. What I'm trying to say is that there are a myriad of ways to have dealt with this topic.

What in effect has happened is defacto censorship of any view that doesn't conform to the "only the SSD narrative" . Because it's open to interpretation the thread had various poll options to include potential varying opinions and interpretations of the words, language, gestures, context etc within that video.

Last edited:

Reficul

People are being removed from the next generation thread now for good. This will be monitored over the coming weeks and reviewed as and when necessary. We've been back over pages and been keeping eyes on it the last week. Anyone who is just there to further console wars has ben removed so far. We will see how the thread runs without you for a while.
Hello Bill.
I see I have been banned from the next-gen thread until january 5 next year. What are the chances it will still be open?
I'm not going to defend my post, but the ban hammer is really hard even for first time offenders.
Regarding my post I don't actually believe that XBox sucks (at 46 that would be strange). It's a fine piece of machinery and I'm looking forward to the release for comparisons.
Heck, I even defended one of the XBox fans over a silly remark between the post and the ban.
I'm not a warrior and I was just having a bit of fun (god damn I spent half an hour to find something beginning with K and had to settle with Knack for god's sake).
Was thinking of adding a spoiler to make sure everybody understood I was joking, but I thought it was unneccessary.

I'm really sorry that I offended the persons who reported me. That was not the intention.

Sincerly Edgelord Reficul.

PS. Thanks for the knighthood. I'm having all my co-workers responding my messages with "yes, miEdgeLord".

pawel86ck

Banned
There's no hope for next gen thread, however Bernkastel did a very good job for xbox related stuff.

No wars and spamming, but just useful informations (links). That's how next gen thread should look like.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Staff Member
The thread on the subject was closed. And I don't think after the little mockery show on the mod tags, that anyone would actually dare make a thread on the subject of the video (which is relevant to discussion). The only place left is the nx-gen thread. Not to mention that taking liberty with interpretations and claiming your opinion is superior to that of another individual is well, reaching - much less using that as an excuse, to ban, levy warnings (that build up to bans) etc.

You mean your thread, in which you failed to explicitly denote the difference between which parts were talking about the SSD and which were talking about the console, In order to create another 'drama' thread of arguing? Yes, that was closed. If you want to actually make a thread that is accurate and has no agenda then feel free, but given half of your titles and polls I think that's actually beyond you. As impartial as you are with deleted posts like this:

I see a lot of hardcore PS fans in this thread coming up with the same talking points as asylum seeking Xbots and other diehard fools when MS started doing the same B.S. We told them then that the writing was on the wall and all we got was "wait and see", spins and a lot of wishful thinking takes. Obviously many are reacting that way because it feels as if you're completely helpless in changing the course of a benemoth who will more than likely enjoy monopoly control of the console market for the foreseeable future. In essence you feel like unorganized ants and as such find refugee in acceptance group think.

Ignore the disillusioned trolls from other platforms looking to score some digs. Don't behave as if you're compelled to protect Sony from the "FUD" or "attacks". You don't have to here. The best you can do for B.S like this is to make it loud and clear you don't support the nonsense..... tell how you truly feel about it and vote with your wallet accordingly. Don't come up with spin and B.S talking points recycled from 2015 Xbots. Look where they're now - a dying breed

Or bait topics like this:

Also just to be clear, you are agreeing with the notion that the individual on the video had his fingers 'burned', rather than feel something that was hot?

Hello Bill.
I see I have been banned from the next-gen thread until january 5 next year. What are the chances it will still be open?
I'm not going to defend my post, but the ban hammer is really hard even for first time offenders.
Regarding my post I don't actually believe that XBox sucks (at 46 that would be strange). It's a fine piece of machinery and I'm looking forward to the release for comparisons.
Heck, I even defended one of the XBox fans over a silly remark between the post and the ban.

The thread will probably be dead by then (maybe not given how popular it is), but just ignore the expiration for now as a hard date. I think it just adds that as and when 'permanent' is selected. I'd probably say, at this point, just go about posting and there will be a weekly review for those who get removed. If you feel after a week you've been in other threads, and can point to genuine participation elsewhere then mod on duty will be inclined to lift the reply at that stage (or hit us up in this thread). 'Permanent' just makes it easier to manage in that it doesn't expire while someone is mid meltdown for example, or has their eye on the clock to suddenly dash in and drop a bucket of warrior worms. It would probably be better if it said non-expiring or something to be honest.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Jez guys. Go out. Take some fresh air. Be a family guy.
hqdefault.jpg

You mean your thread, in which you failed to explicitly denote the difference between which parts were talking about the SSD and which were talking about the console, In order to create another 'drama' thread of arguing? Yes, that was closed. If you want to actually make a thread that is accurate and has no agenda then feel free, but given half of your titles and polls I think that's actually beyond you. As impartial as you are with deleted posts like this:

Or bait topics like this:

Also just to be clear, you are agreeing with the notion that the individual on the video had his fingers 'burned', rather than feel something that was hot?

BTW: I edited and expanded on that post.

I'm not agreeing with no notion. Do not misrepresent what I say. My opinions on that video are in that thread. So look them up and actually quote those and see if they can be misconstrued, an exercise @Hix desperately failed at (and others as well). That thread btw is full of ban worthy posts with personal attacks thrown my way and thread whining from the more radical xbox fans whose sole purpose was to go into the thread to dump on it, cause raucus and have it closed. Not a single report from me. Not a single ban levied. But I don't care. Just pointing the obvious.

As for the Xbot post:

I don't hide my bias nor preference. I don't back away from using those terms to describe folks with a rabid attachment to Xbox and the MS brand. I used that term in that specific post as a descriptor to call out PlayStation fans who were behaving in the same hypocritical, and self-defeating manner. The post wasn't about Xbots as much as it was about Ponies being hypocritical and going to bat for Sony like corporate shills. But if your intent is to prescript bias: Yes I'm bias. But that's not the post that really sells it - much better examples out there. I've a preference. I don't hide it. I subscribe to the belief that everyone does have a preference when push comes to shove in everything in life, from the smallest things to the bigger things. In others words, and cutting the BS aside, you're not saying much by quoting that. I've however heed to the warning levied to not use the term and I have not used it since. That's a lot posts in-between.

As for that thread? What's wrong about it?

In the end - there are those that subscribe to the belief that Gaming is ultimately about Games. Not about services, and no other marketing BS. And that should be the standard these companies should be held up to: whether they deliver on the exclusive games or NOT. That's not to say I'm not perfectly aware that there are some people who opine otherwise. It's for that very reason that we must have those threads - a clash of ideas on what matters most in gaming. Just like you see all the threads about BC being the big thing on GAF. I don't take a shit on those threads because I disagree nor whine at the framing in the titles or the bias of the users making them (and we all know who's who on GAF if you stay long enough).

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
So there's these three people, a console warrior, a Gaffer, and a politics troll.

They walk along the beach, they see this pot, they rub it, genie comes out. Genie says, you know, "You wish for anything you want." So, he asks the console warrior what he wants, and he goes, "I want, uh, all my people on Gaf to be happy and free on Twitter" And so, genie - Poof! And, all the console warriors are on Twitter. And then he asks the politics troll. Goes to the, politics troll, says, “What do you want?" And he goes, "I want all my politics trolls on Gaf to be back on Resetera and-and happy and everything." You know? So, genie goes poof!

And all the console warriors on Gaf are on Twitter. All the politics trolls are back on Resetera.

So the genie says to the Gaffer, "What's your one wish?" And the Gaffer goes, "You mean to tell me all the console warriors and political trolls are off of Gaf?" Genie goes, "Yeah." She says, "Well, um, I'll have a Coke, then."

Bill O'Rights

Staff Member
That thread btw is full of ban worthy posts with personal attacks thrown my way and thread whining from the more radical xbox fans whose sole purpose was to go into the thread to dump on it, cause raucus and have it closed. Not a single report from me. Not a single ban levied. But I don't care. Just pointing the obvious.

There are two ways to start a thread

1. Neutrally, that invites discussion
2. Evangelised, that exist to push a notion or agenda

I suggest you learn the difference between the two. Because threads that fall into category 2 are likely to continue being closed. As always the mod team is unsympathetic to those who bait their hooks. You catch what you fish for. The fact you use 'ponies' and 'xbots' in the first place tells us everything we need to know, and that we are right to trust our instincts with posters like yourself.

However, you are right, this place exists to have discussions, not post the equivalent of tweets that basically paint your favourite box in a positive light. Or to repost news articles because they can be aligned to push a point of view you like to espouse. A good thread opener should be neutral, factual, set context and be counter balanced with control statements and highlight gaps/deficiencies in the source. You start a thread about 'clickbait bloggers' fishing for viewers who obviously over react for the drama, yet fail to state the differences in the reaction and statements of the box and the SSD. You fail to provide any control data about how hot the average NVMe drives get for comparison or heat dissipation statistics. You fail to mention if there is a comparison between current market devices made (e.g. mobile phones), or any real world comparisons drawn so people can gauge how credible it is. All this fell to the roadside because you just wanted to start a topic that said one console got hot, let's sound the alarm bells and get one over on the other side. Similarly we have no time for those who said the PS5 was quiet because the one on the desk was off and it was actually another PS5 wired into another room.

Obviously this is a lot to ask for every thread so we don't. But we do ask that in certain cases the bias and evangelism is taken out the situation when you start a topic that is likely to be contentious. As an example, look at the effort Bo_Hazem put into the pixel counting thread. This was one such topic that caused massive arguments simply because of how it was initially started. One of the mods reached out to Bo I (believe, might be the other way round) and the new thread is excellent and fostering healthy discussion. The bottom line is if threads are started ambiguously, reactionary or antagonistcally then you leave the decision on whether they should remain open to us. Some may be fine, people may ignore the bait, people might just choose to discuss anyway - however in those threads that derail because of the framing then yes, they are likely to be closed and you are likely to be asked to learn a lesson from it.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
I just received a message telling me I'm banned for console warring, over a stupid joke (which I felt was obviously a joke, and apparently I wasn't the only one since several people reacted with a laugh) about the reporting of potential overheating for the Xbox Series X. I personally think it's a bit of an overreaction, but I guess I can see how it could be read as inflammatory in the general climate, so whatever.

However, now I see you claim that "anyone who is just there to further console wars has been removed so far". And... yeah, I'm sorry, but if that is your take on my posting history I disagree very, very strongly with that interpretation of events. I made a few joke posts here and there over the course of months, but:
  • I've not once tried to peddle fake/absurd/outlandish stuff, to the contrary, I often digged into what "insiders" on Twitter were saying to put out wether they looked believable or not;
  • I more than once brought in useful information and fact-checked what others were saying both by doing research and by using my own knowledge;
  • Every time I expressed any negative or positive judgement I always tried to explain my reasoning in-depth, and I made it very clear that my opinions were in regards to specific issues that were being discussed and why, never made broad-stroke attacks on consoles "just because";
  • Never cheered any console either (which several people do, for example posting random slogans and game images just to puff out their chest);
  • I had very open disagreements with several fanboys on both sides for making ridiculous claims in actual attempts to console war (on the Pro-PlayStation/against-Xbox side, since that's what I'm apparently a "fanboy" for, King Harkinian and Ass of Can Whooping come to mind);

So I don't know, maybe I'm misreading your post here, but if you really think that what I wrote in the past months was "just to further console wars" and that's why I'm banned from the thread, then... :messenger_expressionless:

I just received a message telling me I'm banned for console warring, over a stupid joke (which I felt was obviously a joke, and apparently I wasn't the only one since several people reacted with a laugh) about the reporting of potential overheating for the Xbox Series X. I personally think it's a bit of an overreaction, but I guess I can see how it could be read as inflammatory in the general climate, so whatever.

However, now I see you claim that "anyone who is just there to further console wars has been removed so far". And... yeah, I'm sorry, but if that is your take on my posting history I disagree very, very strongly with that interpretation of events. I made a few joke posts here and there over the course of months, but:
  • I've not once tried to peddle fake/absurd/outlandish stuff, to the contrary, I often digged into what "insiders" on Twitter were saying to put out wether they looked believable or not;
  • I more than once brought in useful information and fact-checked what others were saying both by doing research and by using my own knowledge;
  • Every time I expressed any negative or positive judgement I always tried to explain my reasoning in-depth, and I made it very clear that my opinions were in regards to specific issues that were being discussed and why, never made broad-stroke attacks on consoles "just because";
  • Never cheered any console either (which several people do, for example posting random slogans and game images just to puff out their chest);
  • I had very open disagreements with several fanboys on both sides for making ridiculous claims in actual attempts to console war (on the Pro-PlayStation/against-Xbox side, since that's what I'm apparently a "fanboy" for, King Harkinian and Ass of Can Whooping come to mind);

So I don't know, maybe I'm misreading your post here, but if you really think that what I wrote in the past months was "just to further console wars" and that's why I'm banned from the thread, then... :messenger_expressionless:

I was also.

Mods, why was I banned from the Next Gen Thread for a comment made in jest? Something that even X-Fighter himself did not take seriously? Context is paramount, and if you read further into the thread I make it a point to make it very clear that I do not think the XSX is having overheating problems. So if console warring is minimized to making any comment, even if that comment isn't supposed to be taken seriously then I will concede that I was indeed warring.

Furthermore, bans should have a duration period specified.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was also.

Mods, why was I banned from the Next Gen Thread for a comment made in jest? Something that even X-Fighter himself did not take seriously? Context is paramount, and if you read further into the thread I make it a point to make it very clear that I do not think the XSX is having overheating problems. So if console warring is minimized to making any comment, even if that comment isn't supposed to be taken seriously then I will concede that I was indeed warring.

I imagine it's because you have a history of fanboyish behavior. Resorting to the "I wAs OnLy JoKiNg" defence is too transparent and predictable

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Notice where I said "mods".
True, but they're often busy and we've all seen the same song and dance from all you retards. Hence my earlier "like clockwork" comment in this very thread. You mental midgets are all the same 🤣

Edit: Just do me a solid, hold off on the pathetic meltdown like your boy LED. Let the rest of GAF savor it a bit

Last edited:
There are two ways to start a thread

1. Neutrally, that invites discussion
2. Evangelised, that exist to push a notion or agenda

I suggest you learn the difference between the two. Because threads that fall into category 2 are likely to continue being closed. As always the mod team is unsympathetic to those who bait their hooks. You catch what you fish for. The fact you use 'ponies' and 'xbots' in the first place tells us everything we need to know, and that we are right to trust our instincts with posters like yourself.

I know the difference quite well. Since the thread title was deleted I do not recall the exact wording. What I do remember is that the title was quoting the words from Jeff. The title went something like this: "Giant Beastcast: Xbox Series X gets "toasty" aka really hot during standby". Something to that vein. That was to me, a fair interpretation of his word and overall message in that video.

The thread had neutral polling:

poll.jpg

113 users took part. Votes were widespread in 6 options.

Which is to say that the thread was open to opinions that differed from my own interpretation and users were free to vote on that after watching the video OR reading the transcript I provided for those who couldn't watch the video for whatever reason.

As an OP I did my job. Within the body of the thread I reported the news and set the table for debate. People were free to interpret the words from the OP(video, transcript etc) and come up with their own opinions.

"The SSD being the only issue and the only proper interpretation" was vigorously debated and vouched for by some xbox fans. And they had the floor to make their arguments. Although many chose the way of throwing insults, harassment, thread whining and used bad faith argumentation to frame the topic and get their way..... but I already said that, and it's no news to anyone who read that thread - it's in plain sight. Plenty of ban worthy, warning worthy offenses there. But that's not my job - that would be yours and your fellow moderators. Which is why I ignored most of the incoming my way while I engaged some with cool and calm.

What is unreasonable is to say that I misrepresented the whole thing about the SSD and didn't set a neutral table. Not only that but to cite one possible interpretation (and use that to close the thread), and misrepresent the thread as if I denied such possibility, is to me, not only wrong, but absurd and far cry from neutrality (arbitrary).

Which btw is just arguing semantics. If the SSD gets hot, the boards and some of the other components are also hot - the console is therefore hot, requiring cooling. As Jeff said in the video: "It seems like this thing might be doing something while you're not using it to the point where it needs to exhaust heat" (in standby). In other words latching to that narrative is really of no consequential significance other than pointing a symptom. The problem or potential issue, being unknown.

But to be fair to varying interpretations I made the poll with those 6 options. Because as you said a good OP thinks of potential differing interpretations than his own. But it's clear some posters simply had just one intention - close discussion.

I continue to repeat that the grounds in which that thread was closed was rather poor. As it was explained to me at the time and as it's being done so now it's still poor. It's clear that it's using an opinion, an interpretation of the words in the video as an excuse, a technicality, an exercise in argumentation, to close the thread and shut down discussion. And I'm not the only one that sees it for what it's. To prescribe my bias as a deflection does nothing to present better argumentation as to the thread closure.

What has happened since then is that discussion on this topic has been lessened on the fear of mod abuse taking sides as the bodies pile up. Despite posters with opposing views being just as nasty with agenda's... going away unscathed in heated debates. To not sugar coat things: there the impression that a lot of BS is going on behind the scenes. That suppression of discussion on this topic is taking place for poor arbitrary reasons. Whether that is the moderation staff intent or not thus becomes somewhat inconsequential. Results matter too.

However, you are right, this place exists to have discussions, not post the equivalent of tweets that basically paint your favourite box in a positive light. Or to repost news articles because they can be aligned to push a point of view you like to espouse. A good thread opener should be neutral, factual, set context and be counter balanced with control statements and highlight gaps/deficiencies in the source. You start a thread about 'clickbait bloggers' fishing for viewers who obviously over react for the drama, yet fail to state the differences in the reaction and statements of the box and the SSD. You fail to provide any control data about how hot the average NVMe drives get for comparison or heat dissipation statistics. You fail to mention if there is a comparison between current market devices made (e.g. mobile phones), or any real world comparisons drawn so people can gauge how credible it is. All this fell to the roadside because you just wanted to start a topic that said one console got hot, let's sound the alarm bells and get one over on the other side. Similarly we have no time for those who said the PS5 was quiet because the one on the desk was off and it was acually another PS5 wired into another room.

Obviously this is a lot to ask for every thread so we don't. But we do ask that in certain cases the bias and evangelism is taken out the situation when you start a topic that is likely to be contentious. As an example, look at the effort Bo_Hazem put into the pixel counting thread. This was one such topic that caused massive arguments simply because of how it was initially started. One of the mods reached out to Bo I (believe, might be the other way round) and the new thread is excellent and fostering heathy discussion. The bottom line is if threads are started ambiguously, reactionary or antagonistcally then you leave the decision on whether they should remain open to us. Some may be fine, people may ignore the bait, people might just choose to discuss anyway - however in those threads that derail because of the framing then yes, they are likely to be closed and you are likely to be asked to learn a lesson from it.
That's indeed a lot to ask.

If that criteria was enforced on Gaf; discussions would be more or less dead on an infinite number of topics - including technical ones. Majority of Gaf is tech illiterate, and doesn't have specialized knowledge on these topics. Even those that have some knowledge do not have access to info to specifically discuss with 100% certainty. Having absence of this knowledge does not mean a user can't make a thread about news, or hands-on experiences or tech or whatever else. Which is what is common place on GAF every single day.

As an OP I presented the topic, the user experience and set the table. Anyone was free to contribute with their opinions, specialized knowledge (if in possession) etc.....to make their arguments either direction. Some users suggested it could be faulty hardware and I included that observation quickly in the poll. I provided flexibility.

The reason given for the thread closure looked and appeared arbitrary in nature, based on an interpretation, made with the intent to mock the OP, and to set a warning to others, which has had the ultimate result of suppressing discussion and fear.

There is no lesson to learn here for me. There are lots of ways of closing a thread and letting me know what may be the issue. Mockery and arbitrary opinion is just a brute's tool. Not that I see anything wrong in the title itself (as I've explained - the SSD is a merely a symptom - to make it all about the SSD in the title is being "un-neutral"). The body of the thread and polling in itself are as neutral as they come for reporting news.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
So there's these three people, a console warrior, a Gaffer, and a politics troll.

They walk along the beach, they see this pot, they rub it, genie comes out. Genie says, you know, "You wish for anything you want." So, he asks the console warrior what he wants, and he goes, "I want, uh, all my people on Gaf to be happy and free on Twitter" And so, genie - Poof! And, all the console warriors are on Twitter. And then he asks the politics troll. Goes to the, politics troll, says, “What do you want?" And he goes, "I want all my politics trolls on Gaf to be back on Resetera and-and happy and everything." You know? So, genie goes poof!

And all the console warriors on Gaf are on Twitter. All the politics trolls are back on Resetera.

So the genie says to the Gaffer, "What's your one wish?" And the Gaffer goes, "You mean to tell me all the console warriors and political trolls are off of Gaf?" Genie goes, "Yeah." She says, "Well, um, I'll have a Coke, then."
Man you guys are up late. This whole sh*tstorm happened hours after this old man had already gone to bed. That's a first since I've been here, LEDguy got banned for suicide posting in the ban/justice review thread...that should clear out any ideas that running here and tagging up all the mods will put you in a safe-zone. It's not even November yet (peak season for the warriors and beginning of the end for the Next-Gen speculation thread). Seems like Arcadia summed it up fairly well.

Edit: Suicide thread mentions social media accounts like twitter...cringe

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I was also.

Thread bans do have a duration period...and that is entirely administered by the mods.

8jylLLk.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Mods, you're going to threadban me for "warring", but I suppose you'll completely overlook the blatant flaming on display here?

Mate, we all can see that you are a blatant console warrior. If you stopped worshipping a plastic box, you wouldn’t be referred to in the proper designation given to folks of your type.
It’s pathetic. Do better and you wouldn’t be acted upon by the mods or mocked by the community.

It would nice if a duration was given though as I didn't get one. Also to the other guy, stop baiting please, it's not going to work.
If there's no duration, it probably means it's permanent. If it's permanent, it's probably for your reasons.

I like to take the avy of fallen autists, but I'm probably going to be running through them like @SLoWMoTIoN as we the new consoles get closer
I love your attitude. I think this is a great way to pay homage to the fallen console warriors of this site. Much respect!

Vae_Victis

Banned
Twice in a day.

ElzMmzS.jpg
Are you his appointed lawyer? Should I forward to your office address my formal complaints?

Also, congratulations for only reading the first half of the first sentence before you made your big brain epic gamer reply. If you had only reached the end of the paragraph - not the whole post, the FIRST PARAGRAPH - you would know that I'm not complaining being banned for the joke, and I was asking clarification on a completely different matter.

Are you his appointed lawyer? Should I forward to your office address my formal complaints?

Also, congratulations for only reading the first half of the first sentence before you made your big brain epic gamer reply. If you had only reached the end of the paragraph - not the whole post, the FIRST PARAGRAPH - you would know that I'm not complaining being banned for the joke, and I was asking clarification on a completely different matter.

It's bait, they want you to flip out so you get forum banned.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Based on how mods here operate, I have extreme doubts that people are being removed for just one joke or comment, unless they're bad enough. It's always a built-up history.

Going to be honest. A lot of you are used to having the run of the place, taking specific advantage of kind moderation politics.

This is what it looks like when you actually have to be civil, non-disruptive, and not basically astroturfing the place. If that doesn't apply to you, fair, but it applies to a lot of the people who have a meltdown about this stuff.

I hope the mods keep it up. There is going to be a lot of pushback, considering how many act this way on Gaming Side, and how many more like them their constant antics have attracted. Just know that the people who genuinely want to read Gaming Side for fun and enrichment, not to sell a product, really, really appreciate it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Based on how mods here operate, I have extreme doubts that people are being removed for just one joke or comment, unless they're bad enough. It's always a built-up history.

Going to be honest. A lot of you are used to having the run of the place, taking specific advantage of kind moderation politics.

This is what it looks like when you actually have to be civil, non-disruptive, and not basically astroturfing the place. If that doesn't apply to you, fair, but it applies to a lot of the people who have a meltdown about this stuff.

I hope the mods keep it up. There is going to be a lot of pushback, considering how many act this way on Gaming Side, and how many more like them their constant antics have attracted. Just know that the people who genuinely want to read Gaming Side for fun and enrichment, not to sell a product, really, really appreciate it.

4hitmb.jpg

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

When reading through these comments I'm I tend to stay quiet sometimes as I'm well-aware that although they may not be answering immediately; there's always at least one mod watching this thread at all times. It is the place to defend their remarks or so on...but I haven't been seeing much other than the same rhetoric. Once thread locked, I would recommend moving to another thread, be a good boy / girl, and carry on conversation that won't push the mods to further take action on the said user.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
When reading through these comments I'm I tend to stay quiet sometimes as I'm well-aware that although they may not be answering immediately; there's always at least one mod watching this thread at all times. It is the place to defend their remarks or so on...but I haven't been seeing much other than the same rhetoric. Once thread locked, I would recommend moving to another thread, be a good boy / girl, and carry on conversation that won't push the mods to further take action on the said user.

I would say approach in a good way, but would help if others don't ridicule them. Otherwise, stay out of here and contact some of the mods for better feedback.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I would say approach in a good way, but would help if others don't ridicule them. Otherwise, stay out of here and contact some of the mods for better feedback.

Yep. Some people deserve ridicule, and that's a necessary defense mechanism of the thread, but sometimes it feels like people with real concerns and questions can't get a word in edgewise.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Pretty much think before the said person posts and don't tag all the mods in swarm to get attention. The ridiculing will happen if their petition is for something ridiculous. I think the key here is to DM a mod first and if you haven't heard back after 24-hours, post a short summary of what it is you want justified.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
would help if others don't ridicule them
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If they don't like being ridiculed, then they should probably stop acting like a 7 year old on a playground despite being adults.

It has been said several times from various users in here that people are simply sick of the console wars garbage infecting the majority of the gaming side. People are here to discuss one of their favourite hobbies with like-minded individuals, not babysit and coddle mentally stunted idiots. These people coming in here and feigning ignorance and innocence end up drowning out those with legitimate questions regarding moderation.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yep. Some people deserve ridicule, and that's a necessary defense mechanism of the thread, but sometimes it feels like people with real concerns and questions can't get a word in edgewise.
Pretty much think before the said person posts and don't tag all the mods in swarm to get attention. The ridiculing will happen if their petition is for something ridiculous. I think the key here is to DM a mod first and if you haven't heard back after 24-hours, post a short summary of what it is you want justified.

Sometimes it's better to let it cool down, probably comeback like 1-2 days after. You should approach the matter much better that way.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I actually like said that it's fine, I was reacting to the LED guy. I fully acknowledge that shitposting sometimes leads to warning and stuff.

No worries, mine was more of a general statement to everyone in this thread with the flow of the conversion- I should have been more clear, apologies.

If you just get a post deleted and no action taken (warnings or thread bans), take it in stride, and try not to take it personal.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
No worries, mine was more of a general statement to everyone in this thread with the flow of the conversion- I should have been more clear, apologies.

If you just get a post deleted and no action taken (warnings or thread bans), take it in stride, and try not to take it personal.
Hey I am just wanted to point out the ridiculousness that people are risking their accounts for "justice" and maybe I was not particularly articulate, because English is not my first language and it shows especially in those moments where are should be really accurate : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom