• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagey K

Banned
Mods, am I allowed to say that the Xbox Series X has been a failure or will I be banned for it? Just wondering, really want to know my swimlanes here on the forum.

Also, If I buy gold and troll PS5 threads, will I be immune from being banned? I really don't mean this as a bribe, just innocent curiosity.
Maybe you could do an experiment.

Go into an Xbox thread and and say Series X is a failure, if you don’t get banned, go buy Gold and then go into a PS5 thread say something like “the only thing whinier than the PS5 coils is it’s fans”

Report your findings back to us.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Go into an Xbox thread and and say Series X is a failure, if you don’t get banned, go buy Gold and then go into a PS5 thread say something like “the only thing whinier than the PS5 coils is it’s fans”

Also test what happens if you buy a month of Gold and then PM nude photos of yourself to any mod not named Soapy Wooder Soapy Wooder

You are in for a rude awakening this decade.

Read about hyperinflation of the US dollar and the sheer repercussions of

"Facts from the Ministry of Truth: BBC"
Sure Jan GIF
Mhk maybe you should post some facts and an argument rather than using gifs all the time
If you want anyone to actually listen. Ah yes the bias bbc.. the only news organisation that exists. I’d take that garbage bbc over russia today any day of the week.
You are on my ignore list cuz you are ...a person of zero interest and an idiot.

Was just curious about whats going on here.
What was i thinking lol.
Back on the ignore list you go.

One in 50 people in England has Covid-19, health chief reveals, also warning of further restrictions NEXT winter https://www.rt.com/uk/511614-uk-covid-further-restrictions/
Only clowns feel the need to tell people they’re putting them on an ignore list. Either do it quietly or stfu because no one cares.

What is the point of your shitty RT link, you’re supposed to add context to your drivel. I assume you’re implying lockdown hasn’t worked because russia today says there’s 1 million infected?

Last edited:
Ass kissing a mod should be a ban offense 💅
Mhk maybe you should post some facts and an argument rather than using gifs all the time
If you want anyone to actually listen. Ah yes the bias bbc.. the only news organisation that exists. I’d take that garbage bbc over russia today any day of the week.

Only clowns feel the need to tell people they’re putting them on an ignore list. Either do it quietly or stfu because no one cares.

What is the point of your shitty RT link, you’re supposed to add context to your drivel. I assume you’re implying lockdown hasn’t worked because russia today says there’s 1 million infected?
So you completely ignored the video that I posted above with the 3 scientists from Oxford, Harvard, and Stanford University.

Nice.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Mods, am I allowed to say that the Xbox Series X has been a failure or will I be banned for it? Just wondering, really want to know my swimlanes here on the forum.

Also, If I buy gold and troll PS5 threads, will I be immune from being banned? I really don't mean this as a bribe, just innocent curiosity.

As always the context (i.e. which thread, and at what point you choose to post your take) is telling of whether you are trying to have an honest discussion - as is the way you present your case. For example, putting a driveby comment in response to an Xbox/Sony news release that is just 'Xbox/PS5 has been a failure' then it's likely your post will be viewed dimly. We don't have a set-in-stone constitution as at the end of the day it's a messageboard, and some posts need to take into consideration peripheral and non-surfaceable personal issues. It's pretty clear when people are starting threads to elicit a reaction, like this one yesterday, and sometimes it is even clearer based on the users previous history. What might be a benign comment for one poster is a passive aggressive troll from another, hence the break for this specific user for what appears at surface level, not a big deal (but based on previous warnings, reply bans and even recent activity - within the last three days - etc. is just a clear attempt to fly an antagonstic post under the radar). If this was a user with no previous console warring or antagonistic posts then it's likely it would be treated as face value. The benefit of the doubt has been eroded for some users over time. For some basic guidelines, these pretty much cover how we escalate/make decisions.

Light touch: 'Edit' the post and just send a notification to stop it and move on (usually for people with no prior warnings/reply bans and clean history).
Light touch: Reply ban and a notification to stop it (this is usually for people with no prior warnings/reply bans but do have the odd comment in their history).
Medium touch: Warnings (can also be coupled with above). This is for people who regularly try to derail threads into the same arguments.
Firm touch: Temporary ban. Issued for people who have a number of warnings or members who have a clear history of consistently console warring in most threads. Consistent offenders will bypass Light touch and Medium touch. If there is an element of 'good behaviour' prior then the ban may be a few days up to a week, rather than two weeks).
Firm(er) touch: Temporary ban/Permanent ban. Longer temporary bans are issued at this point for those users refusing to change. At the end of the day, reply banning users from multiple threads is a massive overhead, and we are less likely to engage in these 'benefit-of-doubt' measures if the user is consistently in mutiple threads causing drama.

You will see most bans for console warring these days affect the same 10-12 users by and large. What we are seeing now is these people expecting other members to be fast tracked straight to bans because that is where they have built up to over time. Hopefully, they now reflect and understand how annoying it was for other members to read their drivel while they were being reply banned/warned without bans. Now they will have to experience this from the other side. If they can't self moderate or develop the maturity to participate honestly then they will still be treated as above. If they are being baited deliberately then this is also taken into context, and the reporters are told they 'reap what they sow' to an extent.

Being a gold member has no effect on moderation. You have seen gold members permabanned on the ban page.

As an aside, can we get this thread back on topic now please? We will have to issue reply bans if necessary, because it's not easy to pick through pages of personal/tangential arguments before coming to posts that are genuine questions/appeals etc.

Thanks folks!

Last edited:

notseqi

Lockdowns dont make a difference. At all. They made no difference anywhere.
Numbers never dropped.
Stay home, masturbate ,eat. No change.

Christmas amd new years cancelled. Did the sacrifice . Yet made zero impact on the numbers.
Lockdowns don't work if the apparently chosen few decide that it doesn't apply to them. You don't need facts for that, it's what must have happened. Or do you think it's everywhere like some Walking Dead type shit?

'Did the sacrifice.' Seriously hope you don't believe that for one second. _I_ am responsible and can visit my family, why should I stay home? It's christmas, after all.
As if they're explaining that they don't know how they got pregnant.

edit: Sorry, Bill'o'Rights, didn't mean no disrespect. I'll shut up.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Personally, I use Reeturner to refer to someone who recently came back and made a beeline straight to politics to wave their blue flag. I never use it for a regular who simply has left wing views. NI, belmarduk, etc. are not Reeturners. They earned their stripes. I also think that you're exaggerating the use of the term as a way of trying to get moderation to intervene and tilt the playing field for more leftists to gain the courage to post again.
I think you're reading too much into it

Jtibh

Banned
@

Hey hey

You think you boss? You think you edgy?

hahaha

I never wore a mask since day one.

And i fight all the lunatic mask nazis from day one.

With my words and fists.

I am clown 😁😁😈😈

Tschumi

Canada.

Lockdowns dont make a difference. At all. They made no difference anywhere.
You're the king of saying total bs and relying on innuendo to stay in a conversation lol, once again this statement is demonstrably totally wrong, but you expect us to listen to you because of your troll'y avatar and personal attacks. Yours is a weak forum-fu man. "Learn your place" and get better at posting lol

For the record, "learn your place" is a reference to something he told me elsewhere the other day, hence the quote marks

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned
You're the king of saying total bs and relying on innuendo to stay in a conversation lol, once again this statement is demonstrably totally wrong, but you expect us to listen to you because of your troll'y avatar and personal attacks. Yours is a weak forum-fu man. "Learn your place" and get better at posting lol

Don't necessarily disagree with you on Jtibh but after the cringetastic autistic garbo you've posted in politics you're not really the right person to call another "the king of saying total bs"

Tschumi

Don't necessarily disagree with you on Jtibh but after the cringetastic autistic garbo you've posted in politics you're not really the right person to call another "the king of saying total bs"
I didn't enjoy posting on politics and i haven't for, well, months i think, so i cede the floor to you cobber

Jtibh

Banned
So a little punk nobody like yourself wants to educate and berate a 40 year old business owner with financial stability, who cashes large checks each month, from 5 to 6 digit ones that is, whos wife works at western canadas largest hospital for the past 15 years , a family man who has a child a house ,cars etc....

I know my place. And in the real world you could only lick my boot.
Thats your place.

I left you the fuck alone after you called all the names your primitive mind can come up with, and you are still agravating me , in the ban thread of all places after even the mods told you to back off me....

Again, i ask like last time, who the fuck are you to me that you think i owe you any explanation about anything.

And in case you reply to this and tell me what a piece of shit i am like last time, news flash, i dont give a shit.

I am here for the community ,for the good and reasonable people, to have fun and keep up with the gaming world.
But i am not here to argue with simpleton such as your kind.

You dont like me ,you dont like what i say, thats ok.
But move the fuck on ,go bother someone else

Ps. Whats a forum fu? Get better at posting? Is that what counts as success nowdays?

Last edited:

Tschumi

So a little punk nobody like yourself wants to educate and berate a 40 year old business owner with financial stability, who cashes large checks each month, from 5 to 6 digit ones that is, whos wife works at western canadas largest hospital for the past 15 years , a family man who has a child a house ,cars etc....
"Innuendo" case in point :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tschumi

When I read your tryhard cringe ~~~ shit I picture the ultimate body pillow humping drooling weeb
Saying this on a mod ban review thread :p talk about being given slack.. you're pretty tryhard cringe yourself, anyway i came here to make a point about that guy not compare manhood with his stooge, bye

Last edited by a moderator:

Jtibh

Banned
Removed from Ban Justice thread. Be less crazy pls.
"Innuendo" case in point :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I get better at posting when you get better in real life.
Once you can match me in real life i will look up to you.
izgkJeK.png

Once you cash checks like this you can lecture me.
Granted i am at the bottom end of the spectrum but i am fed up with kids on the internet wanking off to their online social skills that an old man like me cant match.

Now move the fuck on .

nush

izgkJeK.png

Granted i am at the bottom end of the spectrum but i am fed up with kids on the internet wanking off to their online social skills that an old man like me cant match.

Now move the fuck on .

Is that Freedom Dollars or Nambian Dollars?

Papa

Banned
izgkJeK.png

Now move the fuck on .

You're not helping yourself...

No one cares about your bank balance, especially on the internet.

Tschumi

izgkJeK.png

Now move the fuck on .
You're not helping yourself...

No one cares about your bank balance, especially on the internet.
Thanks guys I'll let you handle this one

How will he/she/them/that/they report back if they get banned?

I know my place. And in the real world you could only lick my boot.
Thats your place.

I left you the fuck alone after you called all the names your primitive mind can come up with, and you are still agravating me , in the ban thread of all places after even the mods told you to back off me....

Again, i ask like last time, who the fuck are you to me that you think i owe you any explanation about anything.

And in case you reply to this and tell me what a piece of shit i am like last time, news flash, i dont give a shit.

I am here for the community ,for the good and reasonable people, to have fun and keep up with the gaming world.
But i am not here to argue with simpleton such as your kind.

You dont like me ,you dont like what i say, thats ok.
But move the fuck on ,go bother someone else

Ps. Whats a forum fu? Get better at posting? Is that what counts as success nowdays?
Ok big shot if you’re cashing 5 and 6 figures monthly and you’re here for the community. Send me some money.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
izgkJeK.png

Now move the fuck on .

Is that supposed to be a lot of money?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
...so I've just opened a bag of mint aero bubbles if anyone would like some
There is a special place in hell for people that enjoy the taste of toothpaste in their goddamn candies.
izgkJeK.png

Now move the fuck on .
You are on a spectrum of some kind all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom