• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Staff NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Thread summary:

(J/K, I adore everything about having an appeals thread with this much transparency and communication)

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
I feel it is worth saying here. Don't have much respect for people who immediately rely on insulting others when challenged on their views. His tantrum throwing in that thread was something that you would see in a daycare, not what you would expect a grown adult to act.

Last edited:

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I feel it is worth saying here. Don't have much respect for people who immediately rely on insulting others when challenged on their views. His tantrum throwing in that thread was something that you would see in a daycare, not what you would expect a grown adult to act.
Yeah, maybe, but no one is perfect and I liked him and don’t appreciate people dancing on his grave.

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
I’m feeling more than thinking at this point, but I can’t help wanting Weilthain to email the mods and work something out.

But yeah, permanent bans are pretty... permanent, and not given without a lot of thought to the matter, warnings, second chances, etc. Like I said on feeling.

Generally, when someone gets banned, it’s not something anyone is mourning. Here, the ban reason aside, it feels like we really lost something.

I mean, I get it. Things got ugly. It’s just a shame.

I just miss you, wookie man.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
I’m feeling more than thinking at this point, but I can’t help wanting Weilthain to email the mods and work something out.

But yeah, permanent bans are pretty... permanent, and not given without a lot of thought to the matter, warnings, second chances, etc. Like I said on feeling.

Generally, when someone gets banned, it’s not something anyone is mourning. Here, the ban reason aside, it feels like we really lost something.

I mean, I get it. Things got ugly. It’s just a shame.

I just miss you, wookie man.
Like Icarus, he flew (on a balloon) too close to the (flat) Sun.

ArchaeEnkidu

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, maybe, but no one is perfect and I liked him and don’t appreciate people dancing on his grave.
Shit, he died from this ban? Damn, must have really took it hard then. But don't worry, his corpse will be put to proper use in the (Flat) circle of life.

• LOL
Reactions: matt404au

ROMhack

Jul 14, 2018
What's Weilthain's favourite coffee?

Flat white.

He got himself banned like any other member who disobeys the rules. Big surprise; not everyone likes him. It's not the end of the world.
My good friend Vyse is right but I'll miss him all the same.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Funny. Aren't you the one who said "Don't talk to me, letter-poster" to some random user in a thread only to get burned by them in a reply?
Burned, lol. Thread is The Outer Worlds discussion on feminine characters, if you'd like to refresh your memory.

I'm not here to say if I do or don't have a superiority complex -- that's up to other people. I also won't get mega-triggered if they do decide I have one.

That's the thing with you. You have this incredible sense of arrogance, and I can't really figure out where it comes from.

You float around telling people what to do, what to think, what is acceptable to discuss. You have no sense of humor, or fun. You dont forge any kind of friendships. You seem to dislike everyone. You're just kind of miserable to be around, and the holier-than-thou self image caps it off.

I thought you were really cool for a while in Meta Gaf. You were lightening up, having fun, and I really liked you. I miss that Vyse. You should bring him back, versus this constant self-superior drag on everyone's fun.