• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtibh

Banned
Is 9.2TF really that offensive and bannable offense lol.
I not once said ever 9.2tf

There was a thread with a sony employee saying ps5 is not full rdna2 that its sitting between 1 and 2. Whicg was later clarified that thats not the case amd that it has even more features than rdna2

I simply made a joke post about how ps5 is rdna1.5

I knew about 9.2 bans. Rdna1.5 is new to me.

Bottom line this warning is not justified.

I make it hear clear to the mods that i am not what they think i am.
At the very least they should give me the respect and say oops we made a misstake.

If they are adamant about that this was deserved well then close my account ciz at this rate i will be banned anyways

Do i have to ask for a sony fanboy custom tag under my name to avoid this in the future?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

There was a thread with a sony employee saying ps5 is not full rdna2 that its sitting between 1 and 2. Whicg was later clarified that thats not the case amd that it has even more features than rdna2

At the very least they should give me the respect and say oops we made a misstake.

If they are adamant about that this was deserved well then close my account ciz at this rate i will be banned anyways

Do i have to ask for a sony fanboy custom tag under my name to avoid this in the future?
I don't know, you sound like a massive Xbot Xthot to me

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
I think there is a place for trolling IF it is clever and funny. Drive bys like "xbox has no games" or "PS5 is only 9.2tflops" is just old.
Hmmm sony fan trolls sony thread makes sence. Its not like i mocked xbox fans in the sony thread right? And please read again. It was about rdna1.5.

No 9.2tf.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Haha sure.
Read my post history. Then come back to me
Okay Xbot
POg3xeQ.gif

I simply made a post about how ps5 is rdna1.5

Boooo Sony. Yaaaay Senpai Phil

Let's take this to the Meta thread before we make the mods angry.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Dude, relax. you're overreacting.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Everyone knows here i am a total sony fan and this was a jab at the other xbox thread where it was about that the ps5 doesnt have rdna2.

Honestly know your users and stop giving me warnings for no reason.

Its really coming to the point where i just dont care.

Jtibh Jtibh

The mods don't care which 'army' you belong to, or what you are a fan of. Is the post likely to derail? It is antagonistic? Does the user have previous? These are all questions we ask when looking at a post. The RDNA 1.5 was done to death and has derailed enough threads. It is not going to be another 9.2TF disaster where it spams and pollutes most of the board. This inludes pre-emptively trying to cry that some big bad poster is going to come into the thread and say it as well. These types of derails are probably the most common. You do have previous warnings for posts like this as well:

Therefore it's likely that this post was viewed in the same light. A post that didn't really add anything but just two hot takes that were likely to derail a thread or antagonise people to start contesting your hot takes. Especially with yet another flourish at the end swiping at xbox - is this another 'joke' as well? It is likely you are a victim of your history, and this post was viewed cynically. For context, your post that was deleted:

Xss?
Well duh that one is rdna2 as well unlike ps5 which is only rdna 1.5

Yes even xss can hold 60fps on all games just at 1440 p

However, given you've come in here and said it was a joke that didn't translate well, I will roll off the warning but add a 0 point log of this incident for future review.

ZywyPL

Banned
Some people are very well protective of their plastic loyalty :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Also it's just fucking warning, stop crying.
Exactly, I got 3 points for the below joke recently but I don't cry about it like a little bitch, c'mon, even if you get permabanned from an internet forum live doesn't end, Jesus...

Cmon guys, he deprived himself from sleep for this.

Ok, so I am back after having copped one of those infamous "9TF baiting" insta-bans that have been making the rounds recently.

I actually created the thread in question, as well as the (unbeknown to me at the time) highly triggering post which earned me the ban. Here is the offensive text in question:

ZYfckt4.png

What kind of deranged, paranoid, headbanging console warrior would you have to be to see that perfectly boring and innocuous statement of opinion and think "Son of bitch, trying to drag down the PS5 again. REPORT!" ?. Whoever reported it also must have terrible reading comprehension, because it's obviously a broadly pro-PS5 statement (i.e. "the PS5 is so much more powerful than the Lockhart, that Microsoft really need to make it very cheap, otherwise people may as well just buy a digital PS5 instead"). If I had known that I could get away with saying that the PS5 was 10TF I would have, as that would have only helped my argument!

You would think that the mods would be warning and banning any fanboys pathetic enough to be triggered by such stupid things, but instead they encourage it by banning people who quote the "wrong" number of teraflops. This is a ban message for someone else, but similar to the one I got:

"benchmarking and tech examples"? Really? For a moderation policy that has been so light-touch and fair up until now, this just sticks out as so odd. Of all the console warring that has been raging for the past year, of all the hot takes, memes and insults that have been thrown out there, why have the mods chosen this particular, very very specific, issue to make a stand? Why now? It's so strange!

Let me make a little confession. The 9TF PS5 number wasn't the only teraflop number I quoted in my post - I also said that the Series S would be 4TF. Do I have "benchmarking or tech examples" to back up that figure? No. If Microsoft officially announce that the system actually has 4.7TF and not 4 (which would be a bigger difference percentage-wise than the 9TF and the preferred 10.whatever figure favoured by PS5 fanboys), will I, or someone else, sometimes still write 4TF, due to either ignorance of the latest news or just for brevity's sake? Probably. Should people be insta-banned for that? Absolutely not.

I personally don't care what the PS5 TF figure is. I'll gladly quote it as 10TF if it saves me getting a ban and keeps the console warriors' blood-pressure down (it's getting to double figures that matters right? I don't have to remember the exact decimal points, do I?). Whatever psychodrama has been going on in the Next Gen thread, I don't see why the rest of us should be affected. That thread now has over 123k replies. Of those, I think I wrote around a grand total of 3 of those, and a long time ago at that, which shows how much I care about the topic. Most of us don't have the time to keep up with every single twist and turn of the latest console wars, and shouldn't be punished for unwittingly walking into the invisible trip-wires that the console warriors have set up in their wake. There even seems to be a fair amount of ban baiting going on now, which I never thought I would see on GAF.

Rant over.

Someone clearly is bitter that the Dreamcast did online before the PS2 and reported you for being a SEGA peasant! :LOL:

Glad to see you back and hope you never mention the number that Windows never used again. It is the equivalent of the Harry Potter villian who we cannot ever mention his name around these parts.

Jtibh

Banned
Jtibh Jtibh

The mods don't care which 'army' you belong to, or what you are a fan of. Is the post likely to derail? It is antagonistic? Does the user have previous? These are all questions we ask when looking at a post. The RDNA 1.5 was done to death and has derailed enough threads. It is not going to be another 9.2TF disaster where it spams and pollutes most of the board. This inludes pre-emptively trying to cry that some big bad poster is going to come into the thread and say it as well. These types of derails are probably the most common. You do have previous warnings for posts like this as well:

Therefore it's likely that this post was viewed in the same light. A post that didn't really add anything but just two hot takes that were likely to derail a thread or antagonise people to start contesting your hot takes. Especially with yet another flourish at the end swiping at xbox - is this another 'joke' as well? It is likely you are a victim of your history, and this post was viewed cynically. For context, your post that was deleted:

However, given you've come in here and said it was a joke that didn't translate well, I will roll off the warning but add a 0 point log of this incident for future review.
Thank you for the roll back.

Jtibh

Banned
Also it's just fucking warning, stop crying.
So lets just explain.

Its not that its a
Good morning! I hope you're feeling better after having slept on it.
morning.
I am tired out of my mind haha.
Thats ok i have an easy day.
Yes i feel better. Mods we very correct and forthcoming about my complain.
My approach was not very professional i admit but it hit me out of the blue.

Thank you and sonomamashine sonomamashine for the moral support.
And Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights for taking the time and review my case.

Jtibh

Banned
It just shows you have some users view this forum, when their defence to getting warned by the mods is 'but i'm a Sony fanboy', lol.
Elaborate on this

Are you saying people lie to mods like in this case with but i am a sony fanboy to avoid bans?

Or are you saying they expose themselfs to avoid the ban but at the same time they admit what they are?

Jtibh

Banned
Btw i wonder if there is a reason i am unable to upload pics for the longest time.
Never used to be a problem but for the last few weeks every upload fails.
Is there a block on my account?

Avasarala

Emoji Emperor
Staff Member
Btw i wonder if there is a reason i am unable to upload pics for the longest time.
Never used to be a problem but for the last few weeks every upload fails.
Is there a block on my account?

I've been following up on this for a couple hours; hence the less-than-immediate reply, but this is becoming repeatedly reported in the error thread Here (latest post off my clipboard as I am back and forth)

It appears there is an issue arising with the upload function. I have yet to replicate it myself, and uploads are working on every platform when I try it. I might need to reach out to you in the future via convo if I need more specifics, if that's ok.

---

I did double check the modified-accounts page to make sure yours was not on it - predictably there are no restrictions on your account. The list is less than a page long, including all the mod and admin stuff. We try to stick to less intrusive guidance whenever possible.

Jtibh

Banned
I've been following up on this for a couple hours; hence the less-than-immediate reply, but this is becoming repeatedly reported in the error thread Here (latest post off my clipboard as I am back and forth)

It appears there is an issue arising with the upload function. I have yet to replicate it myself, and uploads are working on every platform when I try it. I might need to reach out to you in the future via convo if I need more specifics, if that's ok.

---

I did double check the modified-accounts page to make sure yours was not on it - predictably there are no restrictions on your account. The list is less than a page long, including all the mod and admin stuff. We try to stick to less intrusive guidance whenever possible.
Yes you can contact me any time.
This issue started a few weeks ago.
Even less than 200kb pics fail to upload.
So far anything that was over 1mb failed to upload but when i reduced the file size it worked.
But ever since it works a few times and only with certain pictures.
What i noticed is that pics with text only work aka taking a screen shot from gaf posts.
But actual photo images dont.

Jooxed

Gold Member
This would tend to indicate a formatting incompatibility issue. What is the source and file format of the photos?

I brought it up to EL as well it is happening to me. Pretty sure it was happening to Metal Alien too. Desktop and iOS could not upload but for some reason I could on my work PC. No idea The very save picture of my phone background.

Jtibh

Banned
This would tend to indicate a formatting incompatibility issue. What is the source and file format of the photos?
Its mostly phone pics and phone screenshots of pics.

Like i said in the past the only time it failed to upload was when file size was above 1mb.

But even then taking a screenshot of the pick at lower quality always worked.

Now the same method does not work.

All files are jpg and png

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Found the sysad!

Do I win a prize?!
Its mostly phone pics and phone screenshots of pics.

Like i said in the past the only time it failed to upload was when file size was above 1mb.

But even then taking a screenshot of the pick at lower quality always worked.

Now the same method does not work.

All files are jpg and png
https://imgbb.com/ is a good place in the mean time to upload stuff; can have it deleted after a certain period of time if you want too

I think there is a place for trolling IF it is clever and funny. Drive bys like "xbox has no games" or "PS5 is only 9.2tflops" is just old.
I'm sure Mod of War Mod of War is just grinding down that axe to hit me with when I finally cross the line on my shit posting lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom