• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
IZ8KK2q.gif

TheContact

I didn't really get the VFX ban either. I know he has a history and I guess that's why, but the post in a vacuum didn't come off as warring to me, rather drawing a comparison from PC to the PS5. I look at the bans and sometimes scratch my head at some of the reasons, but I brush it off because I don't know the history of those posters, but even with a history on VFX, that post didn't come off as warring. Also some other guy got banned for posting a thread from a wario64 tweet about a gold plated PS5 and the comment was console warring? Didn't see a lot of pushback in the thread but is there something I missed there about why he was banned?

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I didn't really get the VFX ban either. I know he has a history and I guess that's why, but the post in a vacuum didn't come off as warring to me, rather drawing a comparison from PC to the PS5. I look at the bans and sometimes scratch my head at some of the reasons, but I brush it off because I don't know the history of those posters, but even with a history on VFX, that post didn't come off as warring. Also some other guy got banned for posting a thread from a wario64 tweet about a gold plated PS5 and the comment was console warring? Didn't see a lot of pushback in the thread but is there something I missed there about why he was banned?
It's likely something cumulative between posts and possibly PMs. Many have indicated that he has a history of doing similar things on Reset. I see the ban post as simple but derailing. He also has his platforms that he works for which may or may not make him feel free to dig into his counter VFX guys or corporations. Walking into a games forum wearing your day job title isn't bad but I mentioned earlier...some feel their titles also make them untouchable. Just my thoughts.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
strange ban for vfx, wanting for more particle effects on the pc gets you axed?

that's less holier than thou argument, more optimism and preference for power ...

The way it reads to me is sort of gloating, without any argumentative merits like tech analysis or discussion. As a one off, it's fine, but he kinda has a reputation for going a little overboard with this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Looks like a classic bait post to me.
Yup. Not to say that it definitely is bait or that it is intended to be that way too.

Just taking that post at face value, it does escalate "hostilities" so to speak. That being said, whoever got triggered by that post needs to relax. THAT being said, VFX needs to make more of an effort so that he is not the origin of escalation. As does everyone, in a general sense.

I feel like it's not that big of a deal since he wasn't perm'd or something. -Arcadia- -Arcadia- broke it down pretty well, but at the same time I agree whoever reported over a comment like that is a little sad. The comment that finally gets you a temp or permanent isn't always going to be the perfect one to display why you got it, often just the straw that broke the camel's back. The moderation seems to be based on continued patterns of behavior as opposed to one-off troll comments.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Looks like a classic bait post to me.

I’m genuinely surprised at how many people can’t see this. It couldn’t be more in the light of day.

Or won’t, for some, I suppose. I guess we’re hitting the point where Ban Review issues are going to be framed based on what device you own, what people you don’t like, and who historically agrees with you.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I’m genuinely surprised at how many people can’t see this. It couldn’t be more in the light of day.

Or won’t, for some, I suppose. I guess we’re hitting the point where Ban Review issues are going to be framed based on what device you own, what people you don’t like, and who historically agrees with you.
Or, the thickness of your skin. Many of us aren't really phased by childish passive agressive ankle biting so we need to go out of our way to try to understand what the big deal is.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Or, the thickness of your skin. Many of us aren't really phased by childish passive agressive ankle biting so we need to go out of our way to try to understand what the big deal is.

Big brain. The ‘thickness of your skin’, doesn’t really have anything to do with being able to identify this...

It's also available on PC. Can't wait to see the more graphical effects over the PS5. :D

...for the infantile squabble starting it is, in context, and how that’s harmful to a part of the site beleaguered by constant, immature fighting over this year.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Big brain. The ‘thickness of your skin’, doesn’t really have anything to do with being able to identify this...

...for the infantile squabble starting it is, in context, and how that’s harmful to a part of the site beleaguered by constant, immature fighting over this year.
It is a factor. If one's threshold is high, VFX's comment easily looks like run of the mill banter, especially given the smileyface at the end. It definitely escalates hostilities, but for thick skinned people, it does not do so to the extent that it goes from "playful ribbing" to "lame troll attempt". Once that is glossed over, judgement is made, and previous VFX posts at that similar level of banter are ignored as irrelevant as well. In that mindset, both the post in question, and the post history are still minor offenses, with nothing being egregiously out of bounds of the TOS and thus not banworthy.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don’t know if anyone took the bait in that thread or not, but...

Imagine being excited for Kena and PS5, and wanting to discuss it, the load times, etc., having great back-and-forth dialogue and discussion, when suddenly, a spergy man-child with a great work history takes it upon himself to try to start a fight, because a simple question was asked, and nobody is able to enjoy that discussion anymore.

That’s the reason for the ban, amongst many other examples of that behavior. Preserving order, removing derail instigators, so everyone can come to the site and have a good time.

There was a recent politics thread where gaming was unanimously joked about as the most ‘toxic’ (their words, not mine) part of the site, and that’s hardly a random occurrence. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen gaming side dissed this year, people saying they refuse to post on it, that it’s no fun, GameFaqs level, etc.

Bans like this are an escalation to try to curb that kind of environment, but instead of celebrating a known instigator getting his, here we are giving the moderators grief for trying to improve things. Not taking the time to read one iota of his history, or understand the context, but declaring it unjust. Likewise for the fanboys looking for nothing more than to exact their pound of flesh from PS Gaf.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It is a factor. If one has been asleep all year, VFX's comment easily looks like run of the mill banter.

Fixed. You don’t seem grasp the particulars of the situation remotely, and why comments like this are a problem, preferring the I Am Very Smart act.

In some utopian version of gaming side that doesn’t exist, your comments have merit. In this one, they’re exasperating.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
To further elaborate, when I said this:

The way it reads to me is sort of gloating, without any argumentative merits like tech analysis or discussion. As a one off, it's fine, but he kinda has a reputation for going a little overboard with this.
Yup. Not to say that it definitely is bait or that it is intended to be that way too.

Just taking that post at face value, it does escalate "hostilities" so to speak. That being said, whoever got triggered by that post needs to relax. THAT being said, VFX needs to make more of an effort so that he is not the origin of escalation. As does everyone, in a general sense.
I had to put on my Sony Snowflake hat in order to try to feel how they might get offended by that post, so that I could accurately interpret that post as if it were trolling. My normal self isn't really phased by it, but I recognize how others could be. Like I've told VFX before, it's not fair how people dogpile him sometimes, but that is a side effect of notoriety. Additionally, making immature and weak bait posts like that isn't going to help his position any. If he wants to be a professional, he needs to act like one, even if it requires more effort than is otherwise expected from "normal" users.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Fixed. You don’t seem grasp the particulars of the situation remotely, and why comments like this are a problem, preferring the I Am Very Smart act.

In some utopian version of gaming side that doesn’t exist, your comments have merit. In this one, they’re exasperating.
Actually, I think I do. I've pointed out many times the issues with VFX's posting history. All I'm doing is also pointing out one possible line of reasoning that might make others not see it the same way. There is a significant number of people who let a lot of shit slide in the name of allowing people to speak their mind (even if what's coming out of their mind is diarrhea)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyone: This Switch game is going to look much better on PS4/XBX/PC.
NintendoGAF: Yep, it probably will.

VFXVeteran: This PS4/5 game is going to look much better on the RTX3090.
SonyGAF:
shutterstock_1075355216.jpg

It's sad to see the thin-skinned fanboys claim yet another scalp.

And this is what it’s partially about.

A referendum on SonyGaf. Even Rentahamster Rentahamster ’s latest comments seem to be heading that way.

That’s fine. Just don’t martyr a person that exhibits the same behavior, to make that point.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Actually, I think I do. I've pointed out many times the issues with VFX's posting history. All I'm doing is also pointing out one possible line of reasoning that might make others not see it the same way. There is a significant number of people who let a lot of shit slide in the name of allowing people to speak their mind (even if what's coming out of their mind is diarrhea)

Well, that reasoning is poor, and an ill fit for the times.

As for the second point, letting people speak their mind is great until you end up with wall to wall nonsense that belongs on a 90s school playground, and is actively chasing people who could do better, away.

Like most things, the key is balance. A good post, regardless of the opinion it espouses, speaks for itself. Something like VFX’s latest jab, contributes absolutely nothing, but trying to tear a discussion down to suit the troll whims of one individual.

Imagine being excited for Kena and PS5, and wanting to discuss it, the load times, etc., having great back-and-forth dialogue and discussion, when suddenly, a spergy man-child with a great work history takes it upon himself to try to start a fight, because a simple question was asked, and nobody is able to enjoy that discussion anymore.

That’s the reason for the ban, amongst many other examples of that behavior. Preserving order, removing derail instigators, so everyone can come to the site and have a good time.

There was a recent politics thread where gaming was unanimously joked about as the most ‘toxic’ (their words, not mine) part of the site, and that’s hardly a random occurrence. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen gaming side dissed this year, people saying they refuse to post on it, that it’s no fun, GameFaqs level, etc.

Bans like this are an escalation to try to curb that kind of environment, but instead of celebrating a known instigator getting his, here we are giving the moderators grief for trying to improve things. Not taking the time to read one iota of his history, or understand the context, but declaring it unjust. Likewise for the fanboys looking for nothing more than to exact their pound of flesh from PS Gaf.
Now replace Kena thread with literally any Nvidia or Xbox centered forum, and take a look at the million and one hot takes these fanboys post. Literally the Flight Simulator thread would have fanboys comparing the game to TLOU2. RTX launch threads were full of Sony fans saying how the gpu's would suck because ps5 will look better or how it still can't run ue5 or r&c because of SSD. Direct storage threads were nothing but fanboys claiming how far behind pc and xbox is, etc.

Of course there are fanboys of every facet, but there's a majority of fanboys secluded to one piece of plastic. And they are the most vocal I might add. VFX would mention how PC would be stronger than BOTH consoles, whether Xbox or ps5, yet Xbox fans didn't raise pitchforks at every corner he was in. As matter a fact, Xbox fans are very fond of him, and have even been defending his recent ban. Can someone please explain why that is? It's the hardcore Sony warriors that carry the toxic stigma on this site, and they have all been trying to shame VFX for the longest. You could say ignore them as a solution, but why let these guys constantly parade a victim like that, and get away with all the personal attacks?

I understand VFX is held to a higher standard than the rest of us. But come on, imagine constantly being attacked for shit in your past, or if you admitted you were wrong, so "no one should listen to you since blah, blah, blah". I completely understand why several vetted people have stopped posting all together. Go through and look through the past few days of his history, and read the posts by the people that quoted him or made side remarks about him. Who in their right mind wants to deal with that on a daily basis? I understand why he sometimes gave a rare jab back to some of the warriors that constantly shit on his name and experience.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Now replace Kena thread with literally any Nvidia or Xbox centered forum, and take a look at the million and one hot takes these fanboys post. Literally the Flight Simulator thread would have fanboys comparing the game to TLOU2. RTX launch threads were full of Sony fans saying how the gpu's would suck because ps5 will look better or how it still can't run ue5 or r&c because of SSD. Direct storage threads were nothing but fanboys claiming how far behind pc and xbox is, etc.
Keep in mind that -Arcadia- -Arcadia- wrote that with the full knowledge of that history.

"Which side does it more" is not a relevant argument.

What's relevant is that anyone does it at all in the first place.

-Arcadia-

Banned

No argument here. You seem to presume I only call out one side, perhaps a projection, but I don’t know you. Every single person that posts like this, deserves a No Mercy chair to the head.

Of course there are fanboys of every facet, but there's a majority of fanboys secluded to one piece of plastic. And they are the most vocal I might add. VFX would mention how PC would be stronger than BOTH consoles, whether Xbox or ps5, yet Xbox fans didn't raise pitchforks at every corner he was in. As matter a fact, Xbox fans are very fond of him, and have even been defending his recent ban. Can someone please explain why that is? It's the hardcore Sony warriors that carry the toxic stigma on this site, and they have all been trying to shame VFX for the longest. You could say ignore them as a solution, but why let these guys constantly parade a victim like that, and get away with all the personal attacks?

There’s also a historical, imbalanced majority in the console market right now, and the amount of fanboys reflects that.

As for Xbox console warriors (and that is the case) loving him? Probably because he regularly jabs at Playstation, and exhibits favoritism towards Xbox as well as as the PC bent, in addition to their persecution complex, re: Sony Gaf. It’s not a grand mystery.

I understand VFX is held to a higher standard than the rest of us. But come on, imagine constantly being attacked for shit in your past, or if you admitted you were wrong, so "no one should listen to you since blah, blah, blah". I completely understand why several vetted people have stopped posting all together. Go through and look through the past few days of his history, and read the posts by the people that quoted him or made side remarks about him. Who in their right mind wants to deal with that on a daily basis? I understand why he sometimes gave a rare jab back to some of the warriors that constantly shit on his name and experience.

He really, really isn’t. He’s failing the basic standards for a poster, and being treated accordingly.

Two forums of this nonsense and trouble now. Is the problem really Sony Gaf making this great poster break bad, or an inherent flaw in his personality?

Last edited:
Keep in mind that -Arcadia- -Arcadia- wrote that with the full knowledge of that history.

"Which side does it more" is not a relevant argument.

What's relevant is that anyone does it at all in the first place.
You're right. Fanboyism is wrong no matter what, can't disagree with that at all. I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of how the ban took place. VFX said he can't wait to see the added effects on PC vs ps5. He technically isn't wrong for saying that, not only from a personal opinion, but from an objective standpoint. Will the 3080 or his current 2080 ti have more bandwidth and more strength than a ps5? If you know the answer, he technically wasn't wrong for that comment. Sure it can be taken as banter, but objectively, he wasn't wrong for that comment.

The previous statement is based on facts and opinions of DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong

-Arcadia-

Banned
You're right. Fanboyism is wrong no matter what, can't disagree with that at all. I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of how the ban took place. VFX said he can't wait to see the added effects on PC vs ps5. He technically isn't wrong for saying that, not only from a personal opinion, but from an objective standpoint. Will the 3080 or his current 2080 ti have more bandwidth and more strength than a ps5? If you know the answer, he technically wasn't wrong for that comment. Sure it can be taken as banter, but objectively, he wasn't wrong for that comment.

The previous statement is based on facts and opinions of DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong

Had he actually said that, I would have given him a like, versus being in this thread.

Context and history dictate something entirely different.

As I said earlier, there’s a big difference between a good post, that can be any opinion, no matter how controversial (in terms of upsetting people), and a bad post, that simply seeks to drag things down and cause trouble.

A nuance that trolls on politics side also fail to understand, when they come here to whine about their efforts being recognized.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean, to illustrate, if I go out, right now, and make a thread about how I’m looking forward to Kena on PC, and wondering what’s going to be added visually, and the shape of how a next-gen (sorta) port is going to turn out on PC, do you honestly think I’m going to get a ban?

On the other hand, if I go to a PS5-focused thread, and turn a simple question into a barely concealed, borderline unrelated attack on PS5, how do you think it’s going to go for me? Especially after doing that for the whole year.

Method matters, and also reveals a lot about intent.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
All I hear is excuses, working a minimum wage job go find one that doesn't pay that wage. Born in a poor county..Move. You millennials are a joke. I'm just sick of hearing poor me bla bla bla better yourself. Stop talking on a gaming forum and better your life.

Lestat isn't banned guys, he's "bettering himself"

Glad everyone who manages their finances is allowed to buy a PS5 again and post on Neogaf once more lol.

Reactions: MrS
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm that's pretty much what happens whenever us Nintendies try to have a thread. This place is full of annoying console-warrior cunts.

Fake

You can't be selective about the group of people you don't have a solid conversation.
Hate this bitch's annoying voice.

Gladly buying this day one, suck my cock Jim.

Hope this sells loads just to spite all the pussy reactions
'bruh, but sony fanboys are in more numbers...'

There are no sonygaf, no nintendogaf or neither xboxgaf... There are fanboys aka console warrirors. The problem I seeing are people get annoying by just one side.
Imagine two people saying 'die fanboy', but because one of them is 'insert your preference console here', he don't get reported while the other get.

I don't understand how people just cannot let other people have fun..
Because the problem is with them, not the others. They're being selective.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
There are no sonygaf, no nintendogaf or neither xboxgaf... There are fanboys. The problem I seeing are people get annoying by just one side.

Bingo. There are perfectly cool fans of all four. I mean, the Switch people are a little weird, but still.

The problem has and always will be people that just don't know how to grow up, and salt the ground for everyone else's fun.

Fake

Bingo. There are perfectly cool fans of all four. I mean, the Switch people are a little weird, but still.

The problem has and always will be people that just don't know how to grow up, and salt the ground for everyone else's fun.

Yeah, people think 'hey he like the PS4, so he is a Sony fanboy'. I already reported a bunch of people from Nintendo and Xbox thread... I like to make fun, but refusing a good conversation is not my line.

Or you report every console warrior or don't report at all.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's less that it's outrageous, and more that it's retarded. Both games have footage available since that comment. How did that turn out? Precisely as everyone with common sense predicted.
Yeah, but in my opinion, it does not attack anyone. Beauty is in the sight of beholder or how is that phrase. Obviously some care about 16k downsampling with reshade, etc others about visually rich image from devs. If you disagree it's easy to say "meh" and don't give post more attention than it deserves and "aaa, he said something which I don't agree with". So what, he is just another user. If he isn't participate in some obnoxious attack, let him be. I don't find his post outrageously offensive and many users attacking him said shit on that level or worse. I don't see much of an issue.

However if he is acting like is presented here and go cry to mods, that someone said something bad about him, then sure, grow the fuck up. Being vetted and have experience in the industry does not grand him patent of the truth or that others going to agree.

And I manly wanted to address the post which I reacted to, because it seems like a really minor thing to be outraged about and keep that post in the mind to post it afterwards the ban.

I was called "mask nazi" in thread which I really mean in a good faith and well meh...but it was also really funny. I find this fragility to be annoying and takes away the good takes on this forum, if you know what I mean.

I find constant shitting in specific console threads annoying and I just click away. Not fun, not worth my attention.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Or you report every console warrior or don't report at all.

Yep. Unfortunately, calling out bad posting in this thread and elsewhere has become susceptible to a console/PC version of identity politics. Everyone has their own agenda, and it's not at all what's best for the board.

The new console war is reporting, trying to get people banned that you don't like, and 'stanning' (ugh, it fits though) for blatantly bad posting from long-time offenders.

I'm not surprised the mods don't even answer 90% of the time, anymore. Almost the whole lot of the people and comments in here are ridiculous.

Fake

Yeah, but in my opinion, it does not attack anyone. Beauty is in the sight of beholder or how is that phrase. Obviously some care about 16k downsampling with reshade, etc others about visually rich image from devs. If you disagree it's easy to say "meh" and don't give post more attention than it deserves and "aaa, he said something which I don't agree with". So what, he is just another user. If he isn't participate in some obnoxious attack, let him be. I don't find his post outrageously offensive and many users attacking him said shit on that level or worse. I don't see much of an issue.

However if he is acting like is presented here and go cry to mods, that someone said something bad about him, then sure, grow the fuck up. Being vetted and have experience in the industry does not grand him patent of the truth or that others going to agree.

And I manly wanted to address the post which I reacted to, because it seems like a really minor thing to be outraged about and keep that post in the mind to post it afterwards the ban.

I was called "mask nazi" in thread which I really mean in a good faith and well meh...but it was also really funny. I find this fragility to be annoying and takes away the good takes on this forum, if you know what I mean.

I find constant shitting in specific console threads annoying and I just click away. Not fun, not worth my attention.

I don't find his post offensive, but neither constructive. I came here to talk more about games, so you will not see me at threads with politics or others stuff besides boobs and ass.

If he just want to bait as he does 99% of the time, at least remove his insider vetted tag and we're good to go.

And you can't talk about fragility if you get easily annoyed by such a trivial aspect of console warrior. I usally ignore more of them.
Is just like I saying 'I'm adult', but I behave like a child sometimes here, so a bit of paradox. Before I ask anyone to 'grow up' I need to grow up as well to start to make a little sense.

Last edited:

M1chl

I don't find his post offensive, but neither constructive. I came here to talk more about games, so you will not see me at threads with policts or others stuff besides boobs and ass.

If he just want to bait as he does 99% of the time, at least remove his insider vetted tag and we're good to go.

And you can't talk about fragility if you get easily annoyed by such a trivial aspect of console warrior. I usally ignore more of them.
That was not meant to be specific to this instance, but overall reporting for really small things. And I don't know that "vetted" thing means that he is from the industry or am I wrong? That does not protect him from BS statements.

If we hold everyone to the same standard I think gaming side of things would be dead. However I see where you going with that tag, because than his statements might appear that his takes have some merit.

-Arcadia-

Banned

I think Fake was pointing out that it was a dumb comment, as part of this ongoing discussion about him. The problem with VFX lies elsewhere.

M1chl

I think Fake was pointing out that it was a dumb comment, as part of this ongoing discussion about him. The problem with VFX lies elsewhere.
Is it really a lie or "bad take"? Seems fanbois sure but again what I wrote one post above, if we hold people to same standard, gaming side of this forum would be dead. Because if anything like 80% of gaming side of things are baiting for some response. It's obvious, that I did not meant my post which I quote originally in any other matter. I think this is part of the edge of neoGaf, people don't pretend even if their intenetions agenda is clear, that's why here it's just such a friendly community or "friendly"...rather "real people". You know what to expect. And that's why like it here. And again, it's more of a generalisation, because I honestly do not pay much of attention towards our VFX guru.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is it really a lie or "bad take"? Seems fanbois sure but again what I wrote one post above, if we hold people to same standard, gaming side of this forum would be dead. Because if anything like 80% of gaming side of things are baiting for some response. It's obvious, that I did not meant my post which I quote originally in any other matter. I think this is part of the edge of neoGaf, people don't pretend even if their intenetions agenda is clear, that's why here it's just such a friendly community or "friendly"...rather "real people". You know what to expect. And that's why like it here. And again, it's more of a generalisation, because I honestly do not pay much of attention towards our VFX guru.

To take it to an extreme, getting stabbed in your face, isn't much better than getting stabbed in the back. Honesty about intentions are nice, but when your intentions are to shit up everyone's experience...

And it's blatantly a bad take. PC always wins, but not in a case where a last-gen game is being ported to PC, and a next-gen game is being designed from the ground up, years later. The PC port isn't going to magically sprout an entire new visual design, to take advantage of that power.

Any average gamer could tell you that. The fact that our 'VFX Guru' said this with a straight face, is an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom