NeoGAF Camera Equipment Thread | MK II

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Anyone with Fuji T-X20 or Sony A6500 experience here? Torn between what to buy as a present for my wife, who discovered our RX 100 R3 isn't quite what she needs for her... instagramming.

Jun 7, 2004
Anyone with Fuji T-X20 or Sony A6500 experience here? Torn between what to buy as a present for my wife, who discovered our RX 100 R3 isn't quite what she needs for her... instagramming.
Any smartphone with front and back camera will do. The Instagram app runs directly on smartphones (no need to tranfer photos to a device with Instagram). Perfect synergy.

Buying a more expensive camera will not meet her needs. Accept the reality that your wife is part of the reason why the camera market shrinks. :)

Edit: didn't notice the topic hasn't been updated in a year.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
@Saturnman
Mobile phones weren't really cutting it. :)
Ended up with Fuji X-T20 with amazing kit lens + 50-230mm XC.
Amazing camera. Lack of in-body optical stabilization seems to have been addressed in newer models (despite Fuji stating that lens mount would need to change to support it, it haven't changed).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004
The X-H1 has IBIS and keeps X mount? That's great to hear.

I'm a big fan of Fuji's X series cameras. Great handling with the manual control dials, great lenses. They've been my go-to for a long time.

@llien getting a thumb grip and soft shutter release helps a lot with one handed shooting and general handheld shot stability.